jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

The weight and stamina calculation bug is still at large and it is pretty game breaking, since no matter how lightly you're travelling sooner or later you'll be unable to sprint or climb obstacles. I had a nearly empty mountain bag that weighed 46 kgs at one point. Haven't noticed any other issues though, so if they get a patch for that out today 1.08 could possibly be on stable before the weekend.

I agree that this miscalculation would have required a hotfix.

I stopped playing Experimental since the 'fixing' of the weight because my two fully geared chars are useless now.

2 hours ago, Nemeziss Nemik Burdchild said:

you write about the console I am asking for the pc version

It was answered in this topic, the topic is about the pc version.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:48 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

No wipe is currently planned.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Can we expect better server performance in the near future? Do PC servers of nitrado run smoother with 60+ slots when full pop?

45 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Can we expect better server performance in the near future? Do PC servers of nitrado run smoother with 60+ slots when full pop?

Are you asking in comparison to console servers? Historically, GSPs always hand out oversubscribed VMs to run any servers. This is apart from any code issues.

I think the better question is whether BI can get Nitrado to offer dedicated servers or other vendors.

Edited by helpthedeadwalk

7 hours ago, hegra said:

Dear Bohemia, please answer a series of questions:
Why is there no loot balance on official servers? I’ve been running for a year now and I can’t find the vss , ammunition is almost on the shore. Why go on tisi? Helicrash low.
Why are updates rare? We bought a few copies of the game?
When will all the features of the 62 patch?
This is your engine - can't you handle it?

Why can’t you add an eyecup for the PSO?
Why can't add an as val and a magazine for 20 rounds?
Why does sprint food go faster than water?
Why can't add a night vision scope for NATO rifles?
Why does not visually ruin with a visor?
Why is the damage at 7.62 and 5.56 and 5.45 almost the same? 7.62 should almost take one shot ... in the head like that in any helmet for sure

similar to the janitor sat down at the computer and said "shit what is this? what is enfusion?"

idk what you mean but i used M4A1 and the modded in AUG rifle... literally useless... when i shoot with an AK or Mosin... that's when the guns do something in a lot fo cases one shots... even the AK-74 does... idk where you getting the damage is all the same from xD

12 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Are you asking in comparison to console servers? Historically, GSPs always hand out oversubscribed VMs to run any servers. This is apart from any code issues.

I think the better question is whether BI can get Nitrado to offer dedicated servers or other vendors.

Yeah I was asking if Nitrado servers on PC are running smooth above 60 slots when full pop. On console there is lot of lag and rubberbanding on 60+ slot servers when full pop, kinda unplayable.

I can remember when community servers came out on console there were many 100 slot servers online but the owners quickly realized that it's not worth the money as those servers were running pretty bad, which is imho a real shame considering the ammount of money they cost!

What hardware is required to run a 100 slot server smoothly (without mods for console)?

On 6/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

We are aware of this issue and will be fixing it in the future updates.

Thanks for the reply.

Something about the sun/shadow glitch?

It literally ruin some of the most atmospheric moments in DayZ...sunrise and sunset...

But sadly I saw (video from 2016) this is a long bug never fixed.

My fear is that you not even consider it as a bug...

5,45-55 dmg 5,56-55 dmg 7,62-55 dmg - devs c'mone 

may bee

5.45 - 55 dmg 

5.56 - 60 dmg

7.62 - 70 or 80 dmg 

Edited by hegra

New version of the experimental update 1.08 has been released. Check out the list of changes...

Version: 1.08.153212 (Release date: 18 Jun 2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A possible server crash
  • Fixed: Barbed wire trigger damage was too weak
  • Fixed: Missing % in the inventory tooltip (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151418)
  • Fixed: Items could be picked up through a base building fence/watchtower
  • Fixed: The character could become too hot when entering certain buildings
  • Fixed: Weight was not properly updated when soaked with water
  • Fixed: Suppressed sounds for the Sporter 22
  • Fixed: Ruined ammo could be loaded into magazines
  • Fixed: Using the shovel to dig logs from the fence or watchtower base could sometimes result in the logs disappearing
  • Fixed: Interrupting the "Wash hands" action would complete the action immediately
  • Fixed: It was not possible to sprint under a certain level of stamina
  • Fixed: Impact of indirect damage on tents is now be handled properly
  • Fixed: Pop sound when approaching a vehicle
  • Fixed: Repair action was sometime not available on base building parts
  • Fixed: Furniture does not block bullets
  • Fixed: Issue with equipment weights
  • Fixed: The damage state of the tent is now properly initialized when damaged by the CE
  • Fixed: Trying to jump out of the Gunter 2 would result in the character getting stuck
  • Fixed: It was not possible to jump out of green ADA 4x4s back seats
  • Fixed: blood bags with known blood type will keep the information when combined with an IV kit
  • Fixed: Stage-based fireplace lifetimes were not properly set
  • Fixed: The one-handed suicide had an improper positioning of the used tool
  • Fixed: Items in ruined clothing will no longer disappear after re-log
  • Fixed: It was not possible to interact with certain parts of the car tent

CHANGED

• Changed: Base building dismantle action now returns materials according to the damaged state of the deconstructed part
  • Changed: Fireplace lights now fade by distance based on the type of a fireplace
  • Changed: Packed tents can no longer be repaired
  • Tweaked: Removed the stone mining action from the Hammer
  • Tweaked: Lowered the inventory size of the Frying Pan
  • Tweaked: Soda cans can no longer be used to wash hands
  • Tweaked: Shortened the lifetime of weapon smoke particle emitters
  • Tweaked: Decreased the time it takes to build and repair base building parts
  • Tweaked: Increased the time it takes to dismantle base building parts
  • Tweaked: Reduced the damage to the tool used to repair base building parts

MODDING

• Tweaked: better handling of count of direct cooking slots
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

2 minutes ago, Chris Maughan said:

hw about de-sync because of reloading a magazine ? or character de-sync n general ? 

This happened to me last night.  I reloaded a B95 and could no longer aim down sights until I went prone, and stood back up, right in the middle of a firefight with three other people.

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

idk what you mean but i used M4A1 and the modded in AUG rifle... literally useless... when i shoot with an AK or Mosin... that's when the guns do something in a lot fo cases one shots... even the AK-74 does... idk where you getting the damage is all the same from xD

Modded servers is not a good reference, some of them are running rebalance mods. Fact of the matter is that in vanilla 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62x39 all do equal damage, there is no difference between them at all. There is some difference in accuracy and recoil handling of the weapons, but damage output is identical. It is possible that they have some variety in damage dropoff from distance, I don't know those parameters.

7.62x54 and .308 hit nearly twice as hard as the lesser AR rounds.

• Beans 1

45 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Modded servers is not a good reference, some of them are running rebalance mods. Fact of the matter is that in vanilla 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62x39 all do equal damage, there is no difference between them at all. There is some difference in accuracy and recoil handling of the weapons, but damage output is identical. It is possible that they have some variety in damage dropoff from distance, I don't know those parameters.

7.62x54 and .308 hit nearly twice as hard as the lesser AR rounds.

doesn't matter i used vanilla M4 and vanilla AKM the AK is much better at doing damage and the 7.62x54mmR is mostly a one shot... M4 really sucks compared to AK 😛

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

doesn't matter i used vanilla M4 and vanilla AKM the AK is much better at doing damage and the 7.62x54mmR is mostly a one shot... M4 really sucks compared to AK 😛

What rifle it is that fires the round doesn't matter, it is the round that causes damage. 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62x39 have equal damage output. Some servers use mods that rebalance the damage output of various ammo, that is probably what you have experienced.

Edited by Derleth

Just now, Derleth said:

What rifle it is that fires the round doesn't matter, it is the round that causes damage. 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62x39 have equal damage output.

yea but how does AK deal more damage then an M4 ? xD

Just now, KajMak64Bit2 said:

yea but how does AK deal more damage then an M4 ? xD

Are you not reading? If they are running some rebalance mod the server admin could have set the damage values to whatever he wants, that is why using what happens on modded servers as reference is awkward.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

How about a phone call to Battleeye … To find out WHY these speed hackers are EVERYWHERE.. and nothing seems to being done about it.

Just providing some feedback after testing the EXP builds. Since this seems to be a basebuilding + cooking focused update, I think you guys should really consider:

1. Increasing the basebuilding required items and/or reducing the nominal for nails: With the new basebuilding destroying concept (A step in the right direction IMO), and the general nerf - in this last build - in the materials you get back from dismantling basebuilding structures, there is a chance to overflow servers with empty/dead bases or locked houses as it is extremely easy to get the building materials and now, quite hard to destroy those. IMO basebuilding should be a task that could only be accomplished after a lot of time spent in the game (and with group efforts) and not something that any player can actually do with just a few hours of play. Currently, any semi-experienced player can get the necessary tools/materials and build a fairly large base all by himself in less than 2 hours. Reducing the nominal for the required basebuilding tools and/or increasing the basebuilding required items for every structure could be a good way to prevent this.
  2. Tools spawning condition: Items like axes, hatchets, hammers, pliers should not spawn in perfect pristine condition. It’s not very realistic in relation to the lore of the game or even good for the basebuilding balance. Players should need to repair those items in the first place in order to get the most out of them, and the repairing process should be quite punishing too. I mean, you would probably find the majority of the tools in a damage condition, and you would need to use a sharpening or whetstone more than once to get them to a worn state.
  3. Nerfing the wooden crates and drybags: Since this seems to be a basebuilding/storage + cooking patch, another thing that many players have been asking for a long time (even many servers do it in through mods) is a slot nerf for wooden crates and drybags. I think we all know that underground stashes are probably the most OP item storage method since its addition to the game so if you add the possibility of using this method to storage long weapons (inside to containers that are unlimited, such as the Drybags and the Wooden Crates), you're somehow limiting the natural circulation of loot within the game. The changes in persistence, the possibility to dismantle them (Crates) and the increase of necessary materials are def. welcome changes, but a reduction of a horizontal slot (to avoid the permanent stock of long weapons) I think would be an extremely positive change and would force players to use the other existing storage methods that are not really considered in the vanilla experience.

Have a good one!

Edited by Asmondian
  • Beans 3

On 6/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, Derleth said:

There are a few community servers that have mods fixing this issue. Sadly they have fallen into the trend of having it as part of their exclusive server mods and not sharing it on the Workshop (a very unattractive trend by the way). So, considering how disruptive the bug is and the fact a mod can circumvent it, how come it is not among the fixes in 1.08? 

Hey,

I am going to assume you mean me. I wrote the cooling down for items code for DayzUnderground. I don't share my code indeed freely indeed, just for DUG. I did send how I did it to Sumrak with permission to integrate into DayZ however he feels. As we (from DUG) have shared many other fixes and things.

Just because code is not publicly available doesn't mean we don't care.

--Ammo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

To those complaining about the same damage from different caliber rounds.

Do you really think that if a 7.62x39 round makes a bigger "entry hole" it deals more damage to a living organism? Well, lol, go read some stuff, learn a few things, kiddies.

There's a reason why 5.45 was implemented by the eastern block, and 5.56 was made into the NATO AR standard.

• Beans 1