Greensek

DayZ in 2020

4 minutes ago, Masprotech said:

Look I've got 930 something hours invested here. Not nearly as many as some of you do but.. I am let down. I am just bummed out I guess is all I can say. Half of the list of promises that were made to us were broken or pushed off like they didn't matter. Yay broken bones.. Yay more diseases. What about a bicycle or air vehicles or bows or adding back in the things that were taken out in the beginning?  I know map changes and vehicles are two different departments here but we still don't have vehicles that are reliable physics wise.. I just don't get it. I guess I don't understand the logic that's in place here with adding new amusement parks that I have never seen asked for versus fixing inventory (i'm hoping this is the fix that was talked about on exp) or vehicles. Or any multitudes of hundreds of things that were asked for over these things that weren't. 

I am not trying to gripe and complain here or have this team feel like all hope is lost but if you would LISTEN TO YOUR LOYAL Players. Take our thoughts and requests into consideration. AND please  Don't dumb this game down. This game was meant to be hard. This game is the one I played the most. The one I would go to when I've had a hard day at work. And I fell in love with it the first time I fired up the mod. Now I weigh my options and I hate that.

yea so right...vehicle physics as most of things in DayZ is done server side... and servers run mostly heavily on 1 core... so in theory easy fix for almost all issues with DayZ would be improving the server and make it use more cores... And all of the content like helicopters and 2 wheeled vehicles will come this year with a mod called DayZ Expansion... remember... DayZ itself was a mod... created by modders for ArmA 2.. What Bohemia does is essentially create platforms that you use for modding and make the game almost what ever you want... so the community and Bohemia actually work together on a game to make it awesome... you can't rely on the solely on the company... nor can you rely on modders... those 2 need to work together... look for example DayZ Expansion mod... Bohemia Devs work on it too... Expansion mod had throwing Physics before the actual game got it... they just added some animations and polished it a bit and slapped it in the base game... so now that i think about it... Does this mean we will get helicopters and bikes in the base game after DayZ Expansion releases?? 😮 ( i legit just thought of that while writing this ) Woah... i just mindblew myself holy schnitzel 😮 Yo... this makes a lot of sense... since DayZ Expansion is making helicopters work same as vanilla should work... so maybe sometime this year Bohemia is gonna merge some stuff from Expansion mod into base game 😮 like they did with throwing physics introduced in 1.04 ... Expansion mod had it like maybe 4 months before that update i saw a video on youtube..
Just think about this... holy smokes i think im on to something

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Does this mean we will get helicopters and bikes in the base game after DayZ Expansion releases?? 😮 ( i legit just thought of that while writing this ) Woah... i just mindblew myself holy schnitzel 😮 Yo... this makes a lot of sense... since DayZ Expansion is making helicopters work same as vanilla should work... so maybe sometime this year Bohemia is gonna merge some stuff from Expansion mod into base game 😮

This will not happen. They don't work with modders. And they are not going to "merge in" the scripted helis from DayZ Expansion or whatever other mod. And I would also be surprised if they did not have some form of their own flight model already. I would like A3 type helis even if it is fairly cartoonish.

I never could see them making anything more advanced. But at this stage, I don't believe we will ever get official Bohemia-made helicopters for this game.

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

But at this stage, I don't believe we will ever get official Bohemia-made helicopters for this game.

Can't say I'd be disappointed if that's how it turns out. Personally I feel the DayZ map is too small for helicopters, all they're good for is zipping across the entire map in a couple of minutes and attract a lot of attention. I can understand that some players regard helis as the ultimate end-game, but in an open sandbox without scripted events, AI and missions they are actually quite pointless. In a milsim or epoch-like world (like Expansion seems to be aiming for) they definitely have their place, in vanilla DayZ not so much.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

55 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

What about paid DLC?

Too much backlash IMO but I could be wrong. They released another early access survival game before DayZ reached 1.0, and they also released a paid DLC before DayZ reached 1.0. But I think they would realize that making people pay for a heli DLC would be a step too far.

54 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Can't say I'd be disappointed if that's how it turns out. Personally I feel the DayZ map is too small for helicopters, all they're good for is zipping across the entire map in a couple of minutes and attract a lot of attention. I can understand that some players regard helis as the ultimate end-game, but in an open sandbox without scripted events, AI and missions they are actually quite pointless. In a milsim or epoch-like world (like Expansion seems to be aiming for) they definitely have their place, in vanilla DayZ not so much.

I think helicopters are unnecessary or silly in some ways. It's not exactly practical or setting-appropriate. Seeing the "classic" DayZ Takistani Huey especially. And seeing how getting an old car to run requires several parts, multiple fluids and containers for such I don't want to think about a heli. But it was in the mod, and it was promised. And many people enjoyed flying them and the interesting situations which this lead to. Along with the other aerial vehicles:

"Meet the Bumblebee. This utility airplane used mostly for crop dusting will be the first airplane introduced into the world of DayZ."
bumblebeeAirplane01.png

AqLj7eM.png

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 5:27 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

well they are not abandoning the game they are moving to work on an engine that DayZ uses so that probably means multi core server support... so the server will use all cores instead of only 1... this will solve all problems DayZ has... especially the flying car problem... this will also allow for massive boost in Zombie/Infected count... also just because they are less devs doesn't mean less stuff... from the status report i can tell we're getting same amount of stuff and updates from previous year... well maybe 1 less update but still... almost same amount of updates and same sized if not bigger... i bet they are adding broken limbs with actual animations and other cool stuff rather then just being locked into crawling / prone stance... that is a big undertaking it sounds simple but it's kinda not

Well first off... You're right about Sumrak... he's a nice guy and he will make DayZ better... those enviromental exposure stuff he's talking about... that's mostly/mainly for his Winter/Frozen map Namalsk which i would kinda recommend putting up as a DLC for 5 euros... that's gonna make like ridiculous amount of money... yea this is bad and against what Sumrak wants but i think it's a great decision because that money can be used to fund DayZ development... this is only an idea... this is up to Sumrak to decide... it's both bad and good soo... idk.. 
Also throwing distractions for zombie that's already in the game buddy 🙂 from what i know.. try it... it kinda doesn't matter because it's easy to kill zombies but still it's there and it's working probably fine...

They said they are keeping same resources they had in 2018 for the year 2019... not 2020 😛 

Finally, someone who can use his senses and calmly explains that GETTING ENFUSION BETTER MEANS BETTER DAYZ. All cars and stuff that is broken now gonna get better with the more tweaked enfusion engine.

or maybe we are wrong, lol...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

My thoughts exactly. I mean, it is cool to fly a heli, but it's hardly useful. The only practical purpose in my opinion will be transporting freshies back to a NW battlefield, and other players will want to penetrate the base with a heli in it. From a perspective of a PVE survivor, aerial vehicles are a waste of resources - and these are apparently dwindling recently.

Sandbox games are all about options...and helicopters, boats, trucks, party busses and bikes defenetely provide options that allow a lot of different playstyles and roleplay experiences...so they are of course needed..maybe not for everyone but yeah...I personally never used a helicopter but I also never will forget the moments when looting one of the airfields and then hearing the sound of an approaching heli ...still talking about the mod when me and a friend were hiding inside the tower of Balota Airfield (lying on the ground shitting ourselves) while a heli was hovering  just a few meters away above the  tarmac....means this will even bring you fun if you are living the hermit life otherwise xD 

Also expanded crafting and cooking has been on the community wishlist since ever..same with a proper bow...so how a dev team is able to constantly ignore this for years is completely beyond me :(

I stopped playing after the 1.0 release completely disappointed  and even changed my steam rating (after years) to negative because of this release but I also noticed that the team from there on tried to fix this broken game and was adding at least some of the missing content. As someone said before 2019 was not that bad and even make me think of giving it a try again this year, with maybe some of more cool and missing stuff beeing added....after reading the so called plans for 2020...no chance...especially with no plans to finally  bring us proper working zeds :(

• Beans 1

If you haven't played since the 1.0 release you should definitely give it a go. The game is not as bad as people say it is. It is definitely not unplayable right now. People will always complain and whine about every little thing in DayZ, but they are usually people who don't have hours into the game, I would highly recommend picking the game back up. Try out a slightly modded server, so modded servers run better than Bohemia Official.

one question though...about night time...which version will be vanilla...the horrible anti gamma cheating night including this aweful light around the player or the the proper night ?

48 minutes ago, OgHAZ3Y said:

It is definitely not unplayable right now.

Congratulations, you've found the one DayZ description which both the fanboys and sarcastic people can get behind. "Buy our game, it is NOT unplayable!". High time to replace that "gritty survival experience" blurb with a more honest slogan.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, -Gews- said:

This will not happen. They don't work with modders. And they are not going to "merge in" the scripted helis from DayZ Expansion or whatever other mod. And I would also be surprised if they did not have some form of their own flight model already. I would like A3 type helis even if it is fairly cartoonish.

I never could see them making anything more advanced. But at this stage, I don't believe we will ever get official Bohemia-made helicopters for this game.

Did you even look at DayZ Expansion videos and Helicopters flying... They said they want to make it as ArmA as possible... And you're wrong about Bohemia Devs not working on it.. They are working maybe not actively but provide big support.. They recently added them into credits. I bet Expansion mod is like double Experimental xD imagine it something like official mod or something idk. I bet they will pull helicopters from it like they did with Throwing physics... I see no reason why not... Helicopters work nice.. Something like a slight downgrade from ArmA but very similar.. I will drop a video here

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

one question though...about night time...which version will be vanilla...the horrible anti gamma cheating night including this aweful light around the player or the the proper night ?

During this exp 3PP servers are running with config 0 (slightly brighter nights, visible moonlight) and the personal night light OFF. 1PP servers are running config 1 (pitch black, moon gives no illumination) and personal night light ON. Although it has been nerfed so you no longer get the green glowing trees in the woods, the glow is limited to about arm's length.

They haven't said anything about it, but I guess that's how they plan to have things. 1PP being called "hardcore" and all...

Personally I prefer config 0 so far (even though it is too bright, especially indoors) since the moonlight has been gone for so long, it is very nice to have it back.

• Beans 1

Hell   they said bows are too much work to put in at this time. How does that bode for the airplane and bikes and other stuff if bows are too hard to put in game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can't deny my disappointment.

I think I've waited long enough for DayZ to be DayZ and I finally give up.

We only wanted a version of the mod that wasn't buggy, where you didn't break your leg climbing a ladder and where the zeds didn't run through walls.

I can't believe that there's no mention of the DayZ staples we've waited so long for.

Bicycles and helicopters created so many memorable moments in the DayZ mod and I finally realise they are never coming.

What a shame, what a waste of such a good thing, what a monumental waste of time.

• Beans 2

Im looking forward to the gameplay improvements most of all personally, very well said about gameplay mechanics not being fully utilized (i would argue it's just poorly implemented mechanics used as a placeholder until something more in depth can be made) but same idea either way. One thing i notice is the DayZ dev team is really timid when it comes to making gameplay changes, i imagine with the new project lead being sumrak he will have the right ideas (in terms of balancing) and be able to move things along quicker in that regard. 

Honestly with everything outlined in the 2020 roadmap im pretty excited to see how it will turn out, like if we're all being honest DayZ's biggest flaws are seen in the bugs & exploits, and balancing issues are probably right behind the bugs in terms of annoyance, maybe that's just me. I don't think DayZ needs fancy things like helicopters or bows to be an amazing game (though i would love those things & more) they aren't necassary. Theres no doubt in my mind however the game wouldn't sustain its playerbase without either more content/features or a future where players can expect to see those things(particularly on console as theres no mods to suffice). The current roadmap is a good imo but i hope they will follow through on it, aswell as eliminate all big bugs and continue devoloping into 2021, ideally to leave this game with enough content and with no bugs so it can sustain itself after development stops. 

Off topic i would also like to add since the survival changes in the 1.06 update i have enjoyed this game alot more when im alone and dealing with PvE, there's actually objectives and threats outside of PvP, which is amazing as i don't really have to rely on player interaction to have an interesting & gripping experience. Not saying PvE is perfect neither is PvP for that matter, I've definitely had some wtf moments, but it's keeping me entertained and somewhat challenges me.

Anyways, there's my 2 cents ✌

Edited by Robzom11
Extra extra thought
  • Beans 1

I wouldn't want to admit, but the game is dead ☠️

Edited by Edgaros

37 minutes ago, Edgaros said:

Awful lively for something "dead".

11 minutes ago, Edgaros said:

Nah the games not dead, the dream game everyone imagines DayZ to one day be is dead sure. Though it was the devs who influenced that sort of ambitious dreaming, unless they intended to not fufill their original roadmaps and used them to generate hype i don't see a problem, early access titles are subject to change. Their dodgy 1.0 release i will admit got me thinking this whole DayZ thing was a giant scam lol, i suppose we will only really know once development stops. 

Also i want to see how this year turns out, a part of me is afraid it's all an excuse to slow development down, another part wants to believe there will be good updates with changes, tweaks, and fixes that will have big impact on gameplay. I just hope what we don't get in new content, we get back in equal in the form of gameplay improvements & fixes and so on.

2 hours ago, Edgaros said:

The game has more concurrent players on PC in recent time than the mod did at it's peak, regardless of how you feel about the game it's certainly not dead and the devs have done some things right (also things that us armchair developers could have felt they done differently). The game still has loads of potential, I just hope the potential isn't wasted by being too late by winding down resourcing for what is their flagship game. I understand wanting to wind down resourcing over time but until all the original planned features/content in scope for what was meant to be 1.0, there should be as much people working on it to get it done for efficient workflow, then consider winding down. Then again we have no 100% certainty how many are working on it atm, they said there are less people since June 2019 but they could be non-programming staff like game designers, level designers, models & artists etc that would not have affected the pace of development anyway.

Take the statements about the number of people working on DayZ with a grain of salt. They have been fudging the numbers for years, including the claim that there was "an entire studio" working on AI and zombies...

Curious as to what the base building additions and/or fixes might be.  I have been unable to locate any talk about it thus far.  Other than the inventory bug which is game breaking for many and close to it for the Wife and I, the base building is in my opinion the number one issue that should take absolute priority over any new content.  Walls that connect or player based ownership of walls for instance would be a great addition. An inability for people to grab things through your walls, etc.. Containers should have to be opened, all of them!  They should only show loot if the container is open and a mechanism that allows only that player to see them is needed for server performance and security.  Someone being able to stand on the other side of the wall and snag things out of your locker as you open it, must be a priority fix.  All things to do with bases and containers are the updates that need to happen to keep players on servers and expand the player base.  One of the number one complaints on many servers is the bases and containers. 

The people I see on here who want helicopters in a post apocalyptic game should either go play Arma, or find another game like BF.  The thought of helicopters in DayZ is just ridiculous and should never be implemented.  Who here can fly a helicopter in real life?  How much of that fuel are you going to find a decade or more into this type of situation?  Bikes, I can most certainly get on board with that!  Bows, of course!  But demanding a helicopter is quite frankly childish when you examine the ideas behind this game and any type of realistic approaches that breed good logic and immersion. 

I also grow tired of the crying about the DLC map or the engine switch.  Most people crying about it have gotten their money out of this game 20 times over when you consider value to entertainment. Costs me more money to take the wife and kids to a movie than it did to buy this game for the wife and I.  15 bucks for a new map is not a big deal at all and I would ask people here how they would like to work for free, or how one can run a business without capital.  There is this movement of people in the gaming arena that think once they buy a game, everything added to it should be free.  I understand bug fixes of course, that makes complete sense to complain about.  But large additions take a good deal of time which is in reality, money. I do however think that BI and other companies lose out on a great deal of assets, that being the mod community.  Many would help create content and fix bugs for little or no money or just a head nod in the credits for example if allowed.  Yet, as far as I know, they are not utilized much at all in any logical regard. If I ran such a company, I would be reaching out to these people, many of which are building up their portfolios by doing this work, and I would strike deals. Have the necessary legal protections in place and drive on with more manpower! 

Makes me think of Skyrim and the limited voices they have for characters.  Why not open up some spots that are unpaid to those who are interested in voice-over work, building their portfolios up? Games today are so vastly different than they were in the 80's, 90's and 2000's.  There is so much to utilize from what I mentioned above to testing games, etc..  

Here is a novel idea also....  Stop bowing down to these kiddo PVP arena battle players.  Again, a helicopter in this game, given the situation is a waste of time and ridiculous.  After that, they will want tanks and other armor.  Then what?  There is a large enough customer base for a real survival game without bowing down to demands from these people.  I enjoy games with aircraft and armor also, that is why I own Arma.  I do not however, wish to have a bastard game where survival meets Arma.  I want them separate as do many others. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Did you even look at DayZ Expansion videos and Helicopters flying... They said they want to make it as ArmA as possible... And you're wrong about Bohemia Devs not working on it.. They are working maybe not actively but provide big support.. They recently added them into credits. I bet Expansion mod is like double Experimental xD imagine it something like official mod or something idk. I bet they will pull helicopters from it like they did with Throwing physics... I see no reason why not... Helicopters work nice.. Something like a slight downgrade from ArmA but very similar.. I will drop a video here

Very excited about this venture here.  BI should be letting these folks finish up, test it, then pay them 10k for the work, saving them a great deal of money and adding content to the game they need.  Just not helicopters.  Save that for Arma

• Beans 1