Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

10 minutes ago, Greensek said:

We understand that some players try to take advantage of server hopping, but we still don't see it so negative to the point of considering taking it out.

There's always players who like to bring their characters to different servers, and now even different maps, so unless it becomes a problem, it should stay for now.

If you want to keep the possibility to switch servers that is fine, but rework the system. You can't really say that the system is a punishment or deterrent for server hopping and yet should serve players who want to keep their char between servers. That is quite a contradiction. Teleporting the player to a random, yet one of predetermined spots, which are far away from the current location invites noting but exploit. At the same time, players have no choice. Even those who just want to change servers are pretty much deterred from doing so, because they know how much this will mess them up. We did server hop with a friend both intentionally and just for fun to see what it will do or for the randomness of it, however; I would not want to do it in the same manner we used to hop servers during the old system. Hopping spawn points are a big risk so if we commit to hopping it's always to get the most favorable outcome. So yeah, in my opinion the system is negative for those who want to keep their characters between servers. 
Finally, we have all seen the system mess up and treat players as if they server hopped even if they did not. If the displacement would be within a reasonable radius like 1 km, no one would really be upset about that. But this way, the prolonged timer and severe displacement on top is quite negative. 

10 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Those spawn points are still there 🙂

Good 🙂 

why not make it so that if you change servers you keep the location you are at currently but if you return to a server you were previously on then it would trigger the server hop feature?  this would allow you to change servers without penalty but if you used it to try and ghost into someones base you would be relocated when you returned to the server that had said base. 

although this would however allow people to go back to cycling through 10 servers while standing in a police station or military base to gear up...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greensek said:

We understand that some players try to take advantage of server hopping, but we still don't see it so negative to the point of considering taking it out.

There's always players who like to bring their characters to different servers, and now even different maps, so unless it becomes a problem, it should stay for now.

The system itself is fine in theory, it just needs to be tweaked. It's especially bad if you switch between maps; I've done it a number of times and spawned in only to die before the countdown even finished, because someone was camping out the spawn points. With a map this large and only 60 players, that shouldn't be happening at all. It seems particularly bad in Livonia.  

• Beans 1

Hello survivors,

We release a new patch for the current 1.07 update on the experimental servers.

You can find the patch notes below:

Game Update 1.07.152941 (10.02.2020)

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Sound for amusement park objects

FIXED

• Fixed: The reserved slot stayed after consuming an item
  • Fixed: Doors in certain military barracks were disappearing
  • Fixed: Item description of beige Working Boots

CHANGED

Tweaked: Updated the game credits

I would like to ask you to try it, when you have the time, and leave your feedback. It's very important for us.

Thank you,

-Greensek

• Like 3

please

- Allow raiding only with sledgehammer and hacksaw.
- lower the spawnrate for sledgehammer and hacksaw to 1 per sector.
- Make them beeing broken after one- or two-time use.
- Disallow repairing hacksaws and sledhammers as well.

So basebuilding would make much more sense, even on official servers! 🙂
Basebuilding would be much less frustrating then.

Edited by Anomal
  • Like 1

Well this happens after todays update. No testing. Nada. Update the servers?

uU3IUaG.png

25 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

no, this is technicaly not possible.

It's 100% possible. I play on a private server that uses those items with those rules … exactly.  Official servers are beyond terrible. From the server hop coastal trips to the absurd base raiding. I cant even fathom how anyone plays on them. From the OCEAN of food to the sky raining guns and ammo I just cannot understand. If they really cared they would have private official servers where all the gear and character were bound to that server. Not all servers but it would be nice to see them try and few and see how the community responded to them.

3 hours ago, Greensek said:

Yes, I did mean taking out the whole hive system entirely like Derleth said, not reverting back to the old serverhop system. Sorry for bad wording.

I'm 100% disagreeing on it not being too bad right now, every time I've played on highpop official servers, the entire coast is a complete warzone with fully geared players just running straight back to the fight when they die.

It makes dayz feel very "un-natural" for lack of a better description when there is always a squad of ghillies with M4 and platecarriers in Elektro, tons of dead bodies everywhere.. (both from gunfights and suicider's trying to get back)

I've almost completely given up on one of my favorite things in dayz, which is teaming up with randoms on the coast. When bullets are flying everywhere at all times, and every guy you see is either pointing a gun at you or trying to pick up gear from his own dead body while running around like maniacs, it just takes the dayz experience completely away for me. And the super bad performance as a result of all the dead bodies doesn't help at all.

I'm just failing to see why we even need (or you want) this feature in the game, I know people want it easy and the ability to loot up on a low pop server and then teleport to the coast on a highpop seems great, but in my opinion it ruins the game. Leave that shit for the 10x loot, inf stam, spawn select modded servers, not vanilla dayz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TAMW said:

Yes, I did mean taking out the whole hive system entirely like Derleth said, not reverting back to the old serverhop system. Sorry for bad wording.

I'm 100% disagreeing on it not being too bad right now, every time I've played on highpop official servers, the entire coast is a complete warzone with fully geared players just running straight back to the fight when they die.

It makes dayz feel very "un-natural" for lack of a better description when there is always a squad of ghillies with M4 and platecarriers in Elektro, tons of dead bodies everywhere.. (both from gunfights and suicider's trying to get back)

I've almost completely given up on one of my favorite things in dayz, which is teaming up with randoms on the coast. When bullets are flying everywhere at all times, and every guy you see is either pointing a gun at you or trying to pick up gear from his own dead body while running around like maniacs, it just takes the dayz experience completely away for me. And the super bad performance as a result of all the dead bodies doesn't help at all.

I'm just failing to see why we even need (or you want) this feature in the game, I know people want it easy and the ability to loot up on a low pop server and then teleport to the coast on a highpop seems great, but in my opinion it ruins the game. Leave that shit for the 10x loot, inf stam, spawn select modded servers, not vanilla dayz.

Foremost reason I simply won't play on official servers except for when testing experimental, even though I prefer it vanilla without mods. So I play on vanilla or improved hardcore community servers that currently seem to be the only way of playing DayZ without coastal pewpew chaos.

The hive is really a pointless mechanic that for a very small gain (joining a server where friends are or swapping after server crash without needing to reroll) brings a number of really disruptive issues.

That the hive is here to stay is something that's been made clear though, although I cannot agree with the reasoning. That you chose to share the hive between Livonia and Chernarus is inexcusable though, I thought that was a bug when I realised. I thought I'd start fresh in Livonia on release - instead my long lived Chernarus character spawned beside a geared bush wookie and was sprayed into oblivion within seconds... Not only is it unfair to those who do not own the DLC, but it makes absolutely no sense gameplaywise. If the maps were in reality two different regions of Chernarus it could work but now - it is just weird. I want different characters on different maps. Does anyone actually want the same character between both maps?

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

why not make it so that if you change servers you keep the location you are at currently but if you return to a server you were previously on then it would trigger the server hop feature?  this would allow you to change servers without penalty but if you used it to try and ghost into someones base you would be relocated when you returned to the server that had said base. 

although this would however allow people to go back to cycling through 10 servers while standing in a police station or military base to gear up...

True but in the old system you could do that and ghost into bases aswell.

Your Idea as less bad then the current way. 

Id say seperate all hives. One char per server. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

It's 100% possible. I play on a private server that uses those items with those rules … exactly.  Official servers are beyond terrible. From the server hop coastal trips to the absurd base raiding. I cant even fathom how anyone plays on them. From the OCEAN of food to the sky raining guns and ammo I just cannot understand. If they really cared they would have private official servers where all the gear and character were bound to that server. Not all servers but it would be nice to see them try and few and see how the community responded to them.

Bullshit its not.

U forget one point....here are 0 admins on the vanilla servers, so nobody fly over the map and wipe the shit down
Bulletproof bases would ruin the performance and the economy.

2,5h after EXP patch the first crash

The previous version run 3 or 4 days without crash or restart.

T148919

Edited by Fun Automat

4 hours ago, Greensek said:

@Greensek There's still a (small) inventory bug present after reloading magazines when pressing 'R'

Once again I uploaded a video about it:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

True but in the old system you could do that and ghost into bases aswell.

Your Idea as less bad then the current way. 

Id say seperate all hives. One char per server. 

i am with you on seperating hives 10000%.  i dont see the need to move from one server to another and would LOVE the ability to have several characters on different servers. 

actually the only reason i suggested the idea of activating the anti server hopping measures on return to a server because we have been suggesting getting rid of the hive system since early alpha and it seems to be something they are very much not interested in doing.

gave u beans instead of a trophy cuz well.... cant see any need for a trophy in an apocalypse lol

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

As a server owner will we need to wipe due to new map content after stable release or will it be fine if no one is built up in those areas?

12 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

gave u beans instead of a trophy cuz well.... cant see any need for a trophy in an apocalypse lol

You would be surprised.

A good ashtray, a drinking trophy, a fire goblet, a water catcher 😉 

Me? Id probably Will be running around butnaked, streaking cherno with a trophy in my hands. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, McWendy said:

You would be surprised.

A good ashtray, a drinking trophy, a fire goblet, a water catcher 😉 

Me? Id probably Will be running around butnaked, streaking cherno with a trophy in my hands. 

hahahaha good call.  besides in chernarus id prob just get a paper cut on the cans label and bleed to death before i finish eating anyway haha.  definately glad i could provide the trophy for such a noble cause. 

will see u in cherno.  ill be the guy doin the helicopter with an empty can in one hand and a paper cut spraying blood like an anime character on the other.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

@Greensek There's still a (small) inventory bug present after reloading magazines when pressing 'R'

Once again I uploaded a video about it:

Thank you so much for your feedback, this will help us a lot!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grillstern666 said:

1.07 Stable today?! 😛

yes, servers have gone down for the update . . sPqhXM2.png

18 minutes ago, Mishanya said:

Hi everyone, please tell me if the found loot disappears when new patches are released?

if you are on a public server, not usually.

Community servers, its up to the admin . .

Edited by aux7