Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

Tweaked: Increased Repeater damage

Sorry guys, honest mistake. That one sadly did not make it into this patch. But yes, there will be some damage tweaks to the calibre before we release to stable. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

How about fixing the  fucking "Oh a zombie is up in my face let me kindly raise my weapon as to not hurt him or anything" problem?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

How about fixing the  fucking "Oh a zombie is up in my face let me kindly raise my weapon as to not hurt him or anything" problem?

use shorter guns lol

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Brother Hao said:

use shorter guns lol 

How about no?

Edited by Buakaw

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

I'd love to see a medieval 'pikemen vs. cavalry' battle in DayZ world.

• Like 1

~

Not one server crash since exp patch.

Is loading mags a bit broken ?
i try to load a scorpion mag and the action stops after some bullets ?  Test it guys!

Edited by Fun Automat

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

We know objects clipping is a thing in games, but this one tries to be realistic. What a bummer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

How about pressing F to shove the pesky zed away and shoot him before he recovers?

If there's more then swap to melee, or just don't get cornered like that.

Use the tools.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Sorry guys, honest mistake. That one sadly did not make it into this patch. But yes, there will be some damage tweaks to the calibre before we release to stable. 🙂

Thanks for telling us, I was about to moan about the buff being too weak. 🤣

By the way, is there any point reporting when thrown object fall through the ground? I can't imagine it is not a known issue, but I thought maybe specific locations need to be known?

Also, thrown objects need to make a sound on impact (use drop sound effect as placeholder?) so we can trick players by throwing stuff.

...and they should make a splash when striking water!

Sorry, one more: Shouldn't thrown paper fall at the player's feet?

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

We know objects clipping is a thing in games, but this one tries to be realistic. What a bummer. 

Trying, exactly. And failing miserably. Because no person on earth would realistically raise their weapons when a crazy maniac trying to tear them apart was rushing at them.

The mechanic needs to be refined as to not take players / infected into account.

15 minutes ago, Derleth said:

How about pressing F to shove the pesky zed away and shoot him before he recovers?

If there's more then swap to melee, or just don't get cornered like that.

Use the tools.

Fair point, mechanic is still broken.

I think handguns & other small guns shouldn't raise when too close to another body, the only time you wouldn't be able to shoot in that situation irl is if your slide is being pressed back, which you could mostly avoid by shooting more from the hip, as far as i know. Either way i know for fact the revolver could manage shooting while being pressed against a zed, only thing would be sudden movements causing your weapon to bump and jump around, maybe melee attacks should be the only thing that makes you raise your weapon when it comes to small firearms. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Thanks for telling us, I was about to moan about the buff being too weak. 🤣

By the way, is there any point reporting when thrown object fall through the ground? I can't imagine it is not a known issue, but I thought maybe specific locations need to be known?

Also, thrown objects need to make a sound on impact (use drop sound effect as placeholder?) so we can trick players by throwing stuff.

...and they should make a splash when striking water!

Sorry, one more: Shouldn't thrown paper fall at the player's feet?

From what i saw the items fall trough the ground on bad servers... i remember playing 1.04 exp when they introduced that... and most of the times items fell trough the ground... but once it got released and i was playing on modded/community servers... this problem was almost no more... but significantly reduced and as far as i can remember they didn't do anything that patch to FIX it/ improve it but they did later in maybe/probably 1.05 to improve and prevent that from happening mainly being that after the item has been thrown it is affected by physics for some time... and then it "solidifies" / begins to act like an item that you dragged out of inventory or somethin... like a normal item basically... instead of having it just wobble on the ground for idk how long until it eventually goes trough the ground

@Greensek Hey, I could not see any feedback ticket on the new belt bug (items grey out and cannot be removed from belt except via hotbar). I've seen a few streamers get the bug but I haven't found a belt on expy, so I haven't been able to test it myself. Is the bug known? Otherwise I recommend some internal testing of belts before stable push. Not a major issue but can be disruptive nonetheless.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Count your blessings. They could implement a chance of dropping your weapon or whatever is in your hands upon being struck by a zombie. 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

@Greensek Hey, I could not see any feedback ticket on the new belt bug (items grey out and cannot be removed from belt except via hotbar). I've seen a few streamers get the bug but I haven't found a belt on expy, so I haven't been able to test it myself. Is the bug known? Otherwise I recommend some internal testing of belts before stable push. Not a major issue but can be disruptive nonetheless.

Not sure if it's on the public ticket tool, but it's 100% on our internal system. The dev team is working on it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

Not sure if it's on the public ticket tool, but it's 100% on our internal system. The dev team is working on it 🙂

What’s the chances for the next update for Console(Mainly PS4) given the fact there could be more options for Private Servers, could there be the option in those setting for Servers to turn of the name tag as it just defies the point in the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

What’s the chances for the next update for Console(Mainly PS4) given the fact there could be more options for Private Servers, could there be the option in those setting for Servers to turn of the name tag as it just defies the point in the game.

Hi,

If you are talking about the name tags that show up on console when someone talks, that is not up to us. It's a requirement from Sony.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hi,

If you are talking about the name tags that show up on console when someone talks, that is not up to us. It's a requirement from Sony.

I get that but surely putting it as an option for players who pay for a service should give us the choice, Sony shouldn’t really have a say in the matter due to the fact if I want a Server without it I should be able too.

i know it’s a lot more “challenging” than just that but if you sneak it in without their knowledge using the Nitrado service to do so maybe there’s a way to get around it, I don’t know would just be great to have the choice instead of Sony speaking for the community.

(could put it as “Remove Excess HUD” Sony won’t know a thing 😂)

Edited by lJamesHalel1
It’s viable.

I'd consider wearing small arms again if they'd unnerf them. Takes like 5 hits with a 9mm to down an unarmored player, no thanks.

• Beans 2

I just can’t understand why the bow and arrows are still not brought into the game ???

After all, the physics of throwing objects is all right.

Many players have long been waiting for a bow and arrow, because these are basic things.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:15 AM, lJamesHalel1 said:

I get that but surely putting it as an option for players who pay for a service should give us the choice, Sony shouldn’t really have a say in the matter due to the fact if I want a Server without it I should be able too.

i know it’s a lot more “challenging” than just that but if you sneak it in without their knowledge using the Nitrado service to do so maybe there’s a way to get around it, I don’t know would just be great to have the choice instead of Sony speaking for the community.

(could put it as “Remove Excess HUD” Sony won’t know a thing 😂)

"It's a requirement from Sony."

vs.

"no it isn't" 

• Like 1

On console, will night vision goggles be fixed to allow hands free usage like they’re intended to? Instead of having to use them as binoculars.

I'm not sure if it's a known bug or not but I seem to have issues when reloading an FNX-45 magazine by hitting the 'R' buton on my keyboard:

Most times this will also result in my hands getting bugged so I have to re-log but I couldn't get that on video this time...

Edited by Anon12345
Trying to get the video embedded..