Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Right, after 3-4 more hours on exp I have not encountered the inventory bug once.

The new night lighting is actually very nice, both on config 0 and config 1. The problem is in config 1 (1PP) there has been no moon at night so I don't know how it looks with that config + moon. The config 0 finally has proper moonlight with shadows and reflections, which is wonderful to see! Sadly it seems the current cloud model simply cannot be made to look OK at night, the clouds are illuminated across the entire sky making the night sky unnaturally bright which is frustrating. Still a lot better now than in 1.06 though.

In config 1, the sky becomes a lot darker. I assume it was due to the the moon not being up, gonna have to try another night with a moon in the sky to know how the config looks then. Anyway the clouds were a lot darker with this config making the night seem more real, especially when it started raining when it became entirely dark and the stars were obscured.

All in all - getting much better!

Servers are crashy though, I counted three or four crashes this afternoon across the two UK servers.

hello, you know how change the night configuration in offline mode? when i try the offline mode, look like the configuration 0 is default, ty.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, Greensek said:

As you may have noticed, this update aims to fix the infamous inventory glitches.

When I look at the feedback tracker, I see that the inventory solution 1.00 - 1.06 moved into new inventory problems 1.07 exp. . I don’t understand, the guys in the studio can’t check it at the work stage?
Why are problems returning to the studio and being released from the studio in a new combination? This is not work on problems. Solving problems takes time, but there is no use for the game. This pushes the expectation of solving other problems even further in time.
The community has many other questions on a long wait. Why is it necessary to get stuck for a long time on the same problem in different forms and manifestations? I am shocked by such an approach to work ... If someone cannot solve this problem, maybe the guy needs help to avoid walking around this problem. Most inventory problems are not played offline, and are stably played online.
Sorry for such hot criticism, I would like to hope for a correct understanding of inventory problems in such a situation. Can there be little attention in reading tickets with detailed steps for reproducing problems?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148702

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148700

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148699

Players in the game, as before, must solve problems using relog to the server, jerk off slots with inventory or jerk off inventory in slots. )))  🙏 Sorry for such a characteristic comparison, miss my emotions and more attention to the problem.

Edited by lex__1

49 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

When I look at the feedback tracker, I see that the inventory solution 1.00 - 1.06 moved into new inventory problems 1.07 exp. . I don’t understand, the guys in the studio can’t check it at the work stage?
Why are problems returning to the studio and being released from the studio in a new combination? This is not work on problems. Solving problems takes time, but there is no use for the game. This pushes the expectation of solving other problems even further in time.
The community has many other questions on a long wait. Why is it necessary to get stuck for a long time on the same problem in different forms and manifestations? I am shocked by such an approach to work ... If someone cannot solve this problem, maybe the guy needs help to avoid walking around this problem. Most inventory problems are not played offline, and are stably played online.
Sorry for such hot criticism, I would like to hope for a correct understanding of inventory problems in such a situation. Can there be little attention in reading tickets with detailed steps for reproducing problems?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148702

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148700

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148699

Players in the game, as before, must solve problems using relog to the server, jerk off slots with inventory or jerk off inventory in slots. )))  🙏 Sorry for such a characteristic comparison, miss my emotions and more attention to the problem.

If a company could make a game similar for PC and Console easily, surely it would of happened by now.

I’m grateful it’s been attempted, may not be perfect but it’s starting to go in the right direction.(fingers crossed anyway)

given the fact triple A titles are even struggling a lot with huge teams behind them shows there’s a “pressure” being put on those making the games, if not community then industry.

1 hour ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

If a company could make a game similar for PC and Console easily, surely it would of happened by now.

I’m grateful it’s been attempted, may not be perfect but it’s starting to go in the right direction.(fingers crossed anyway)

given the fact triple A titles are even struggling a lot with huge teams behind them shows there’s a “pressure” being put on those making the games, if not community then industry. 

I understand that an objective reason can be explained. I almost never have problems with inventory items that occupy a volume equal to one cell. All other items (which occupy more than one cell) play the problem in different places and have a different role to play. Either volume objects create a lag on the server, or the server lag is amplified, depending on the volume and geometry of the object.
From my previous experience in Arma3, I know how the problems in Arma3 from 2013 live in Arma3 in the 2020th year, since everyone was busy busy solving other problems for a long time. And now some unsolved problems from ArmA3 are present (or re-introduced) in DayZ. I do not argue, there is a direction of looking at the problem. But it’s like a trip around the Earth - the Earth is round, you can go in any direction, anyway you will come to something, only the question is - when? 😀

Edited by lex__1

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I understand that an objective reason can be explained. I almost never have problems with inventory items that occupy a volume equal to one cell. All other items (which occupy more than one cell) play the problem in different places and have a different role to play. Either volume objects create a lag on the server, or the server lag is amplified, depending on the volume and geometry of the object.
From my previous experience in Arma3, I know how the problems in Arma3 from 2013 live in Arma3 in the 2020th year, since everyone was busy busy solving other problems for a long time. And now some unsolved problems from ArmA3 are present (or re-introduced) in DayZ. I do not argue, there is a direction of looking at the problem. But it’s like a trip around the Earth - the Earth is round, you can go in any direction, anyway you will come to something, only the question is - when? 😀

Took a while for me to understand that but I got there, what you’re saying makes sense. All I can say is hopefully by the end of 2020 they can get it to the state they say they can with maybe a few surprises along the way.

Don’t mind the game taking another few years(even if they do😉) as long as they can get it to a stable point, keep communicating and interacting on the test servers.

A stronger community from both players and devs will do the game wonders in a lot more ways than expected. ✌️

• Like 1

Some new and old bugs: 

1. Items on my belt cannot be accessed/picked up after I use them once. The "occupied" grayed-out icon is always there after first use. Right-clicking the item (canteen, knife, pistol) causes the item to disappear. Relogging brings the missing item back. The only way to avoid this is by assigning them to hotkeys.

2. Holding items while logging out causes a bug when logging in - the character automatically uses the item (Auto hold F). If it's a knife, it shaves, if it's a jerrycan with fuel... starts to drink it. (old and annoying bug)

3. After placing a fence kit with 2 logs and a collision is detected, the game prevents me from building (which is a good 1.07 feature) but I get a bug: the fence kit GUI gets duplicated, a new spot of an invisible fence kit appears between me and the fence, and it keeps duplicating everytime I repeat this action. Also and maybe related; before the dupes, I got an option to "pick up" something when aiming at the fence kit, I guess it was meant for the rope, but I did not get it when I pressed to pick it up.

4. I got sick from eating raw fat (cow). Took vitamins for 2 days and it went away. Finally, I was able to eat properly, I ate a whole steak and suddenly threw up again, the disease came back for 5 minutes and went away, this time for good. I don't know if its meant to be this way, and I do want this to be complex, but it's a little bit confusing.

5. Planks. The continuous action is a blessed relief. But still, I can only pick up stacks of 10, can't combine 10 + 10, but 9 + 11 or any amount in my hand that is lower than 10 combines with stacks of more than 10. So just make up your mind guys, stack = 10 or 20? Pick up a number please and sort it out, its like I'm playing shuffling cards in the lumber yard every time.

6. Inventory bug in crates. I placed an item in a wooden crate (actually moved it directly from one crate to another) and could not pick it up again. When I picked up the crate in my hands only then I could take the stuck item.

Trees:

Cutting down big trees should give you materials in the opposite order: sticks first, small logs, and big logs only when the tree falls. I can harvest 2 big logs from pines without taking them down at all ( 2 cycles out of 3 ).

I'd really appreciate it if you consider setting up new Experimental servers which are dedicated for specific tests only. 

Experimental for PVP only

Experimental for PVE only

As much as we want to test new features, we spend too much time just to find whatever new feature we got, weapon, cars and assembling them, or in case of basebuilding, finding materials for hours is a waste of time.

Make us spawn with all the tools that we need to test the building actions. 

Make us spawn in NWAF with all the new weapons so we could test them.

Spawn all cars near our spawn points, with all their attachments.

I remember some of the 0.63+ Exp. updates / Stress Tests, we spawned at NWAF with tons of LADAs, we could debug alot in 10 minutes.

Edited by Tarkules
grammar and spelling
  • Like 4
  • Beans 2

9 hours ago, Tarkules said:

I'd really appreciate it if you consider setting up new Experimental servers which are dedicated for specific tests only. 

As much as we want to test new features, we spend too much time just to find whatever new feature we got, weapon, cars and assembling them, or in case of basebuilding, finding materials for hours is a waste of time.

I remember some of the 0.63+ Exp. updates / Stress Tests, we spawned at NWAF with tons of LADAs, we could debug alot in 10 minutes.

I completely agree and add. A year ago there was this topic "Current form of testing".
I wrote and suggested this for a long time, the experimental one should have all the possibilities - quickly check the operation of any content on the server. This should not take a lot of time to search and travel, everything should be available in some territory for the experiment.
But this is not fun:
- you need to write a ticket
- get a counter clarifying question from the studio on the ticket
- spend a week or more to reproduce and provide an answer to the question.
Sorry for the sarcasm, I often read - "we are doing our best to fix the problems ...". So make it possible to conduct experiments on content on an experimental server, eliminating the long time spent searching for content and reproducing the problem (if any).
Now it is very difficult to draw up a detailed report with steps to reproduce the problem, since there are not all conditions for this.
Many thanks to Arkensor for his offline mission and tools that allow you to quickly reproduce the problem offline. But there are many problems that are played and reproduced only in the online game. Provide a "Content Fair" on the experimental server.

What we need is not a “chance to try,” not a “chance to get an error,” but a real way to test something. Save players time and time.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, Greensek said:

Try the update when you have the chance, and leave your feedback here in this topic.

We need not a “chance to try,” not a “chance of a chance to get an error,” but a real way to check something and how it works. Save players time, save your time. Why stretch everything in time?

54 minutes ago, NoPlayNoCry said:

Any news about bikes ?

I waiting a bike from 2013. 

+100% And not just a bicycle, but a bicycle that can be locked with a combination lock, by a tree trunk or on a fence))

Edited by lex__1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, Tarkules said:

I agree 100% about this. This is experimental. There is absolutely no need for characters or bases to be saved between patches. Make better use of experimental and you'll get better results. Spawn us with guns in close proximity and you'll get all the data you need on hit registration and other combat situations. Spawn us around the airfield with ready-to-go vehicles and we can test the shit out of cars. Spawn us next to stacks of building mats and tools and we can test base building. Restart the servers a few times to stress persistence, spawn in hordes of infected to see how server performance holds up. Some of the stress tests during 0.63 were conducted just like this - and it was lots of fun and I imagine it provided lots of useful data in less time.

Of course having a few exp servers up for normal survival gameplay is also crucial, some things only get found that way, but when a specific action, item or fix needs testing a dedicated stress test is the way to go.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

On 1/29/2020 at 5:29 PM, Greensek said:

Changed: Global lighting changes (ground-lighting addition, brightness of day and night, shadow contrast during clear weather, rain visual tweaks, darker clouds during overcast)

Need a bright night in the lunar period. Make the moon as a source of light in the night sky. The method of lighting - from the brightness of the sky on the horizon does not reproduce (can not be compared) as lighting from the moon. The moon has a very weak light intensity. Light from the horizon and light from the moon - These are two different effects and shades.
Need a bright night in the lunar period. Make the moon as a source of light in the night sky. This video is from the Arm3 editor, demonstrating the intensity of moonlight.

Full moon and moonless nights

- The night is very bright when the full moon.

- The night is very dark when there is no moon

In DayZ, there is no moonlight. Or the light of the moon is not intense enough. Regardless of whether there is a moon in the DayZ sky or no moon in the DayZ sky - the colors of the lighting do not change.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T87203

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143219

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 2

I would be impressed if you add a base building update for console. We can't build up a base, because it gets raided all the time. The only way to save stuff is to dig chest. A Ideal would be to add C4 which only spawns at heli crash sides or something like this.

5 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

1.07 is still unstable and crashing with 20~ players.

Yeah servers are definitely a bit crashy. 

1 hour ago, liquidcactus said:

what ever happen to the blaze maaaan

What do you mean? It came back with 1.06 and I've found it during this exp.

Edited by Derleth

13 minutes ago, Derleth said:

What do you mean? It came back with 1.06 and I've found it during this exp.

Oh ok, ive played 50 hrs or so and havent seen any blaze... hmmm

49 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

Oh ok, ive played 50 hrs or so and havent seen any blaze... hmmm

I haven't seen them on the coast yet, which is fantastic if it isn't just a coincidence, but I have seen both blaze and winchesters in Severograd and other spots inland.

1 hour ago, TAMW said:

I haven't seen them on the coast yet, which is fantastic if it isn't just a coincidence, but I have seen both blaze and winchesters in Severograd and other spots inland.

It is fairly rare and only spawns in hunting locations, so finding it can take some time.

46 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It is fairly rare and only spawns in hunting locations, so finding it can take some time.

Definitely a good thing.

@Greensek

The patch feels very good so far, the only issues I've had is turning on and off head lamp isn't working correctly and of course the server crashes.

I would also like to see the old far north east player-spawns from Svetlojarsk, Berezhki and Belaya Polana return to the game. There is so many people in the south, and the north is completely empty.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:09 AM, Tarkules said:

Some new and old bugs: 

1. Items on my belt cannot be accessed/picked up after I use them once. The "occupied" grayed-out icon is always there after first use. Right clicking the item (canteen, knife, pistol) cause the item to disappear. Relogging brings the missing item back. The only way to avoid this is assigning them to hotkeys.

2. Holding items while logging out causes a bug when logging in, the character automatically uses the item (Auto hold F). If it's a knife, it shaves, if it's a jerrycan with fuel... starts to drink it. (old and annoying bug)

3. After placing a fence kit with 2 logs and a collision is detected, the game prevents me from building (which is a good 1.07 feature) but i get a bug: the fence kit GUI is duplicated, a new spot of an invisible fence kit appears between me and the fence, and it keeps duplicating everytime I repeat this action. Also and maybe related; before the dupes, I got an option to "pick up" something when aiming at the fence kit, i guess it was meant for the rope, but I did not get it when I pressed to pick it up.

4. I got sick from eating raw fat. Took vitamins for 2 days and it went away. Finally I was able to eat properly, ate a whole steak and suddenly threw up again, the diseases came back for 5 minutes and went away, this time for good. I don't know if its meant to be this way, and I do want this to be complex, but it's a little bit confusing.

5. Planks. The continuous action is a blessed relief. But still, I can only pick up stacks of 10, can't combine 10 + 10, but 9 + 11 or any amount in my hand that is lower than 10 combines with stacks of more than 10. So just make up your mind guys, stack = 10 or 20? Pick up a number a please and sort it out, its like I'm playing shuffling cards in the lumber yard every time.

6. Inventory bug in crates. I placed and item in a wooden crate (actually moved it directly from one crate to another) and could not pick it up again. I picked up the crate in my hands and then I could take it.

Trees:

Cutting down big trees should give you materials in the opposite order: sticks first, small logs, and big logs only when the tree falls. I can harvest 2 big logs from pines without taking them down at all ( 2 cycles out of 3).

Thank you for your very detailed feedback!

I agree with the experimental servers suggestion to adjust them in a way to make it easier to test specific features, would help us a lot.

Passing the feedback to the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

8 hours ago, TAMW said:

In Livonia 1.06, I've found 2 Blazes in those white-and-blue Markets which spawn hunting gear. Maybe this is some clue worth following.

13 hours ago, TAMW said:

Found a lot of them near the coast, not laying on the beach of course. Swam to Skalisty and found a Winchester there as well but no 308 ammo for several hours of roaming near the coast. So the value is questionable 🙂

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Found a lot of them near the coast, not laying on the beach of course. Swam to Skalisty and found a Winchester there as well but no 308 ammo for several hours of roaming near the coast. So the value is questionable 🙂

Well there needs to be good weapons out on Skalitsy so we can kill the fully geared coast rats that seems to always be there these days 😛

I have found some .308 and 7.62 around the coast, but not nearly to the same degree it used to be, which is very nice.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, Greensek said:

• Tweaked: Guts and fat from human bodies cause brain disease
  • Tweaked: Increased Repeater damage

Good list of fixes/changes today, but these two are noteworthy. About time with the fat, and .357 buff was needed.

Thanks!

• Haha 1