Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

39 minutes ago, Asmondian said:

Are you considering this in the video?

this video is done on Community Offline Mode... so that setting should stay the same between both videos... and idk how to change it so... yeah it should be the same between both the videos as it's done in singleplayer and obviously not on a server

43 minutes ago, taxator said:

Please fix car bouncing too

Its funny you mention this because after a recent server overhaul I did extensive testing with the vehicles and here are some of my observations.

• This mainly occurs when you hit a spawn position or a trigger for clusters
  • Varying vehicles revs will give different results eg. ADA runs much smoother when not going over 50% revs whereas Olga is closer to the displayed revs almost as if its a one dial all round (and perhaps it is?)
  • The mechanics of gearing down is a bit backwards at times eg. using gears to slow down causes this alot more than braking and then gearing down.
  • Even the smallest bumps, even when in neutral sitting still, in the the terrain will cause this to go batshit crazy. Ironically bushes have no collision at all.

This could have in some part be due to optimisation but I dont feel its bad enough that it causes the issues that we see.

@Greensek

Some other observations from my gameplay today:

• You don't seem to be able to turn on NVGs while holding a gun in your hand -- not sure if that's a bug or by design
  • I noticed loot spawning on the hills outside of the hangars at the airfield -- seemed odd, so probably a bug?
  • I like that catching a cold is back, but please reduce the repetitiveness of the sneezing/coughing before I F11 myself

In regards to that last bullet, is it vitamins that cures the cold because if so, I couldn't find any to loot anywhere.  I like the idea of catching a cold in the rain, but as I stated above, after about an hour of listening to your character cough and sneeze over and over again, you are hoping someone kills you.

The timer on this should be maybe once every 5 minutes, your character coughs or sneezes as an audible reminder that you are still sick.  With this patch, the character does this about once every 30 seconds or so for the most part, which is simply too often.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, drgullen said:

@Greensek

Some other observations from my gameplay today:

• You don't seem to be able to turn on NVGs while holding a gun in your hand -- not sure if that's a bug or by design
  • I noticed loot spawning on the hills outside of the hangars at the airfield -- seemed odd, so probably a bug?
  • I like that catching a cold is back, but please reduce the repetitiveness of the sneezing/coughing before I F11 myself

In regards to that last bullet, is it vitamins that cures the cold because if so, I couldn't find any to loot anywhere.  I like the idea of catching a cold in the rain, but as I stated above, after about an hour of listening to your character cough and sneeze over and over again, you are hoping someone kills you.

The timer on this should be maybe once every 5 minutes, your character coughs or sneezes as an audible reminder that you are still sick.  With this patch, the character does this about once every 30 seconds or so for the most part, which is simply too often.

tetracycline helps with the multi

59 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

this video is done on Community Offline Mode... so that setting should stay the same between both videos... and idk how to change it so... yeah it should be the same between both the videos as it's done in singleplayer and obviously not on a server

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, repzaj1234 said:

There's usually a guy on reddit that combs through the server files for the changes that the devs don't include in the changelogs lol, I'd wait for that post. There's a lot of pleasant surprises not included in changelogs.

lol, thats me....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

i came along a quite nasty bug on experimental today regarding the attachments.

for example i had a canteen on a belt - i double-clicked the canteen into my hands to drink and double-clicked it back. later i wanted to drink again and noticed that the slot for the canteen was still greyed out, like if it was still in my hands. it wasnt possible to grab the canteen anymore.

i tried that on the pouches attached to the ballistic vest and it did the same.

when i used hotkeys to grab items from attachments and putting them back (tested with a grenade attached to pouches and a knife attached to boots), the slots were all greyed out for that items aswell. only hotkeys will bring them back to your hands.

once greyed out u cant even add the item to the hotkeys.

relogging fixed that temporarely til i used items on attachments again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asmondian said:

i wasn't really aiming for Night Lighting comparison... most of the playtime happens during the day... and lighting during the day is so much better...it's almost as if they added global illumination... while Night Lighting is meh... same trash just different amount of light... personally i hope there is an option 0.5 ... something between the 2... the 0 is too bright and 1 is a bit too dark

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i wasn't really aiming for Night Lighting comparison... most of the playtime happens during the day... and lighting during the day is so much better...it's almost as if they added global illumination... while Night Lighting is meh... same trash just different amount of light... personally i hope there is an option 0.5 ... something between the 2... the 0 is too bright and 1 is a bit too dark

I hope it's not a binary config (0 or 1) iirc. If so, you should be able to set it to 0.5 or 0.275.

Edited by Alphajim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Asmondian said:

In my humble opinion all three look absolutely terrible. Night lighting in 1.06 stable is a bleak, colourless mess. 1.07 config 0 is way too bright with glowing clouds, 1.07 config 1 on the other hand unnaturally dark with zero illumination from the moon (seems the moon is barely even visible in the sky). I will need to look at it more thoroughly myself later before I pass judgement, but it doesn't look promising at all. From what I saw on exp last night (assuming they're using config 0 on the official servers) the night sky still looks like an oil slick with glowing clouds. The clouds are darker so they do look a little better, especially at dusk, but they still look awful when it gets darker.

I can't for the life of me understand how they have managed to bugger up night lighting to this extent, since back in 0.63 it was just about perfect. See this old video. It really baffles me that they are struggling with lighting now when they had it just right a year and a half ago.

I was so hyped for 1.07 when I learned they were looking into lighting and then we get this... Inventory bugs and issues like that are eventually fixed, they are temporary problems. The night lighting is something that is always there, it needs to be done right. I used to love playing at night. Now it just makes me angry and sad.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, drgullen said:

@Greensek

The inventory glitches seem to be fixed for the most part, however, they seem to reappear when you cut up a dead survivor.

I had killed a guy and he glitched into the wall and I couldn't access his inventory.  I cut him up and could then access it, but suddenly, some of the 1.06 glitches had returned -- I could no longer drag things from his inventory to mine.

For the most part though, they seem fixed, so well done!

I still encountered it in the form that I could not pickup an item from the ground. I had to open inventory, although didn't have to drag it through hands. However; it was a one time occurrence and I died shortly after, so I'll play more to see if it's more frequent. 

Hello Survivors, 

It's great to see that so many of you are participating in the Experimental servers.

Thank you very much for your feedback and bug report, everything is being sent to the dev team.

Let us know if you find anything else that needs to be addressed.

Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Greensek said:

Hello Survivors, 

It's great to see that so many of you are participating in the Experimental servers.

Thank you very much for your feedback and bug report, everything is being sent to the dev team.

Let us know if you find anything else that needs to be addressed.

Thank you!

Thanks @Greensek we will.

Servers seem a bit unsteady, was at least one crash during the time I was online yesterday. Overall a lot of nice fixes, really nice to see so much progress! I had some more horrible lag spikes/freezes however. Will complement previous feedback tickets with video after work, one of those freezes lasted nearly 60 seconds (!), I thought the game crashed on me and was about to kill the game with the task manager when it unfroze. Seems random when it happens, but often when tabbing out of inventory.

I've posted my thoughts about the night lighting changes above, hope those adjustments are not final...

Just one more thing, please have separate hives for Livonia and Chernarus, at least on expy. I don't want the same character on different maps, it feels wrong and getting the delayed login and teleport when changing becomes very annoying, especially when you just want to test experimental.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Apex Gaming said:

Can we please get something on PS4 like come on 

It is tested on pc exp first, when deemed good enough to be a release candidate it is sent for console certification. So, once 1.07 is released on stable for PC it will follow on console right after.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

58 minutes ago, Apex Gaming said:

Can we please get something on PS4 like come on 

45 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It is tested on pc exp first, when deemed good enough to be a release candidate it is sent for console certification. So, once 1.07 is released on stable for PC it will follow on console right after.

@Apex Gaming

Exactly what Derleth said 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

!!! Avoidance system overloaded :: Reached MAX_VEHICLE= 768 😞

What is it???

• Thanks 1

I experienced a bug with the hand slot: I killed a rooster with a screwdriver, then took a knife into my hands and was unable to cut it up. After picking up a soda can later and unable to drink from it I relogged. Upon logging back in the screwdriver was back in my hands. I have experienced a similar issue in 1.06 already.

Picking up items from the ground or from containers by dragging or double-clicking it worked very well however. Huge improvement compared to 1.06.

My game also crashed to desktop without an error message when I picked up a ump mag that had spawned on the ground. 

Hello Survivors, 

We released some changes and fixes for the update 1.07 on the Experimental Servers.

Check below to read all the details:

Game Update 1.07.152930 (30.01.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Loot spawn points next to military aircraft shelters

CHANGED

• Changed: Non-lethal ammo configuration against players and zombies
  • Removed: Paper write/read actions

MODDING

• Fixed: Curl crash when there is no hive (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148641)

First post was updated.

Thank you, 

-Greensek

• Thanks 3

I've noticed a bug when reloading using R that causes mags to become desynced and I have to relog to fix it.