WOLVERlNES

Game is Unplayable

With 1.06 patch the game has become unplayable for the following reasons:

• At any point in in time random weapons, both melee and guns are de-synchronized and player doesn’t know until he/she is mid combat and sees no damage is occurring to opponents, I’m sick of having to hide/switch weapons because something is not working as it should
  • Cars (Yes still) cars are still very temperamental and regularly glitch under the map, hit lag-spikes causing players to die and wreck cars because of these issues; additionally, gears still aren’t shifting correctly
  • Right arm becomes immobilized randomly when using item wheel to select another item, the player can’t perform most actions until he or she fiddles about getting the right arm to be, what appears to be stuck to you body, free and back to normal

@ImpulZ please make devs aware of these issue so they are resolved, cheers.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

• At any point in in time random weapons, both melee and guns are de-synchronized and player doesn’t know until he/she is mid combat and sees no damage is occurring to opponents, I’m sick of having to hide/switch weapons because something is not working as it should
  • Cars (Yes still) cars are still very temperamental and regularly glitch under the map, hit lag-spikes causing players to die and wreck cars because of these issues; additionally, gears still aren’t shifting correctly
  • Right arm becomes immobilized randomly when using item wheel to select another item, the player can’t perform most actions until he or she fiddles about getting the right arm to be, what appears to be stuck to you body, free and back to normal

Can add game crashing to this list, been playing for about two hours only for the game to have crashed four times when trying to combine items from inventory to what is currently in hand

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

This is an big issue, I killed a guy the other day, He had a pistol out with no ammo just going click click click click and I just kill him I bet on his side he seen his pickaxe out and he was so close like punching distance and dies and falls through the wall of the building unable to be looted lol 

And the other day Trying to reload a mag , the guy I met in game said I was jumping and on my end the mag wouldn't come out of my gun, and we were at a millitary base trying to loot up, 

Highly frustrating , you could die in a survival game to elements that have nothing to do with you Specifically but a Fundamental game flaw. 

• Like 2

There are way more bugs than these still causing issues. Here's a few I regularly suffer, some of which are already mentioned above but I'll include them - 

- on resuming the game when powering the console back on, the game fails to connect to servers and requires a full restart of the game

- Some items, particularly clothing, will vanish when dropped. This means you will lose all inventory in that item. Once you're aware you can wor around this but its still a bug. 

- Item/weapon desync is persitant requiring a relog every 30 minutes or so and there's no way to know its happened until you need or use an item. 

- items that have sat in your inventory for a while without being used will sometimes just become unusable for no reason, meaning you basically have to throw apparently good gear away for no reason other than a game bug. 

- Cars. I've given up on them, they're a death trap and way more effort than they're worth. 

- The game will lose its brain when a horde agros. Doors will become very difficult to open and close and things generally get real buggy real quick. 

- Character sometimes can't move for a few seconds after quick switching weapons it reloading. 

- I've had instances of being unable to fix a wound after combat even though I've had rags and bandages on me. Had the same with a blood bag as well with the items simply not being able to be used. 

- I couldn't join any server at all yesterday, simply wouldn't connect. 

-Also suffer game crashes, more typically when driving cars. 

There's probably more which I'll add as I remember them, though I suspect this thread will be 'tided away' soon enough. 

Edited by M00nfly

1 hour ago, M00nfly said:

Also suffer game crashes, more typically when driving cars.

Been playing a bit today and this happens ALOT when I need to combine anything from inventory to whats in my characters hands, very annoying because everytime I have to combine anything, I'm wondering if the game is going to crash.

Currently this game crashes alot more now after the 1.06 update than before in my experience

Edited by FearFokkol

Another thing with Livonia is that food is a lot more scarce. I think this is people hoarding and causing things to not spawn more than anything, but my last two deaths have been through lack of food. Last time I found a couple tins of food that dragged things out, but that was after searching 2 whole towns, looking in every building plus killing maybe 100 zombies. There's literally nothing anywhere. Dying from starvation at this point is a bit of a joke when I've been playing this game for years. Removing all the food is not a good way to make the game more difficult, it makes playing it pointless. 

All the above said, I did manage to find my body and get all my kit back, so all was not lost, but I am currently still food less and hungry so the loot system is still very much in need of optimising better. 

Edited by M00nfly

@RussianReavers

I trust you are reporting these issues in the bug report section. 

One thing I don't understand is how people can have so many issues in the game with glitches and whatnot (you) and yet other people experience very minimal problems for months at a time (me). 

Maybe I'm just lucky, but the people I play with and many other players on this forum don't seem to have half as many problems as you guys... 

I just find it interesting. 

• Beans 1

I'm often baffled how much some people defend the game, but perhaps that's why, that some people don't have these issues. I can't play for more than about a half hour before I run into one bug or another and only dream of playing without the problems.

Last base I tried building was on a private server and we had 4 tents in a hangar, a fence and gate across the opening, and 4 cars inside. We had a ton of inventory and were about to get experimenting with building a better base. One day we logged on to find 1 car had just vanished along with all the gear in it. We set off in another car figuring we had cars so no big deal, and on driving out the base it immediately de-sync'd flipped all over the place and smashed itself up. It ended up on its side, couldn't get any inventory out, and it killed 2 of our team in the process. We took another car to pick the dead guys up, only for the 3rd car to de-sync on the way back, killing one guy and leaving the rest stranded miles from base. I was down to half health and ended up fighting a bunch of zombies which I killed. I however was down to about a quarter health and was cut, and suddenly I couldnt use the bandages, rags, or blood bag I had on me. I bled out and the team was down to two because of this series of bugs. By that time we'd all had enough and gave up, the 4 of us haven't played together since, and this was on a private server, so in theory should have been less problematic. I logged back on about a week later and trekked back to base to find our last car gone, all generators and lights gone, and yet more inventory boxes we had full of loot with lots of the gear that we couldn't get out, even with a server restart. 

There used to be 4 or 5 friends that I would play with regularly. None of them play anymore due to being sick of the bugs, so I do find it hard to defend the state of the game personally. The style of the game means to build bases and get cars, even as a team, is a considerable time investment, especially when you have limited time and only play maybe 2 or 3 times a week. When the game basically just kills you through bugs and randomly deletes your loot, it does really wind you up. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, M00nfly said:
18 hours ago, M00nfly said:

Another thing with Livonia is that food is a lot more scarce. I think this is people hoarding and causing things to not spawn more than anything, but my last two deaths have been through lack of food. Last time I found a couple tins of food that dragged things out, but that was after searching 2 whole towns, looking in every building plus killing maybe 100 zombies. There's literally nothing anywhere. Dying from starvation at this point is a bit of a joke when I've been playing this game for years. Removing all the food is not a good way to make the game more difficult, it makes playing it pointless. 

All the above said, I did manage to find my body and get all my kit back, so all was not lost, but I am currently still food less and hungry so the loot system is still very much in need of optimising better. 

I'm often baffled how much some people defend the game, but perhaps that's why, that some people don't have these issues. I can't play for more than about a half hour before I run into one bug or another and only dream of playing without the problems.

Last base I tried building was on a private server and we had 4 tents in a hangar, a fence and gate across the opening, and 4 cars inside. We had a ton of inventory and were about to get experimenting with building a better base. One day we logged on to find 1 car had just vanished along with all the gear in it. We set off in another car figuring we had cars so no big deal, and on driving out the base it immediately de-sync'd flipped all over the place and smashed itself up. It ended up on its side, couldn't get any inventory out, and it killed 2 of our team in the process. We took another car to pick the dead guys up, only for the 3rd car to de-sync on the way back, killing one guy and leaving the rest stranded miles from base. I was down to half health and ended up fighting a bunch of zombies which I killed. I however was down to about a quarter health and was cut, and suddenly I couldnt use the bandages, rags, or blood bag I had on me. I bled out and the team was down to two because of this series of bugs. By that time we'd all had enough and gave up, the 4 of us haven't played together since, and this was on a private server, so in theory should have been less problematic. I logged back on about a week later and trekked back to base to find our last car gone, all generators and lights gone, and yet more inventory boxes we had full of loot with lots of the gear that we couldn't get out, even with a server restart. 

There used to be 4 or 5 friends that I would play with regularly. None of them play anymore due to being sick of the bugs, so I do find it hard to defend the state of the game personally. The style of the game means to build bases and get cars, even as a team, is a considerable time investment, especially when you have limited time and only play maybe 2 or 3 times a week. When the game basically just kills you through bugs and randomly deletes your loot, it does really wind you up. 

Was it your server? Also if you know how badly the vehicles are bugged, why take the time to build four? If you were having such bad luck with the vehicles why keep taking them out? Also the style of the game is to survive, not to build bases. If you think about it, when the game was just a mod it was about the adventures of that ONE character. After he/she dies new character, new story, new adventure. The base building is a new thing for them as devs/modders. So yes im sure as soon as a professional developer steps in to help, the game will get better.

As for the food situation you talk about for livonia im taking it you didnt read up on the way the map was built. The were very blunt about how it WILL be harder to survive on this map due to the harsh weather and how there WILL be a lack of food. You will have to survive off the land more then finding food on the infected and insides of houses. It was all in the release trailer and in the patch notes. Also pro survival tip if you have a axe use it to chop down trees that look like fruit trees, it will have a very rare random chance of dropping fruits.

As for everyone else's problems like game crashing ect... I rarely get that issue. Maybe bad internet connection. What gen console are you using? The game was made for the Xbox One X and a SSD drive. Best was to play the game. The desync of items can be fixed or not seeing dropped items by just having everyone in your crew/team/party to backout and rejoin server. Yea it suck, yea should be fixed but thats the solution for right now. Trust me, me and my squad hate doing it because we always in a high pop server and get stuck in a high queue. I have noticed though, the bigger your sqaud, the worse the bugs are. The cars we know are shit so I dont waste time on them, you shouldn't either.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I don't bother with cars anymore, period. Used to, and part of the reason we had 4 was because we knew they would break so we were keeping back ups, and yes it was our own server. I play on an XB1X I bought specifically for this game (the other reason being to play 4k BRs). Now I just play alone on official servers.

As for the food, when I first joined livonia I found tins of food without issue, had a backpack full of food. I suspect the loot system is to blame, you can tell what people are and are not stocking based on what you find. The last two times I died from starvation was because I had no knife or anything to cut meat, so couldn't hunt, and couldn't find food so that was it really, pretty boring to simply die from starvation twice in a row. As luck would have it, the 2nd time I intentionally managed to die in a place to give myself the best chance to get me kit back, and did, then found a machete, then went hunting and now I'm fine for food again. I now make a real effort to always carry a couple knives and try to find sharpening stones, which are also mysteriously scarce now. 

The loot system is the main issue. Knives now ruin in no time at all and they're required for hunting, so people I assume are starting to stock them, making them scarce. Yesterday I found a scorpion, the only automatic weapon Ive ever found! I have a mosin with no ammo, a shot gun with a couple stags of shells, and a couple pistols, and that's it. I've circled the map multiple times and can't find anything. I suspect at this point, on a popular server, I'll need to kill someone, which I try avoid doing but it's pretty unusual for people to play nice. I try avoid people now as the risk is too high, but the last 2 people Ive seen I've hidden from and let them leave the area rather than kill them, but I fear given the state of play with cars and base building, ultimately the game is going to push me to KOS, such as it is on xbox. 

As for base building, please don't defend it by saying it was never in the original game, it's there now, has been for a little while, and should at least work on a basic level. It sort of does but needs improving. Base building is needed to give the game more longevity, walking round the map looking for food that doesn't exist and loot nobody wants (hats, glow sticks and spanners for everyone though) will eventually get tiresome if there's nothing else to do other than get shot! 

Edited by M00nfly
  • Beans 1

Just to add to the unplayability factor. Night time is still pointless, it's still like someone's turned my TV off. I've just logged off to play a different game because I was in a forest walking along a trail when dark fell. I can't even see the trail I was walking on beneath my own feet. I know night has to be darker, but without NVGs it's simply unplayable, period. 

Another gripe that needs looking at is cooked food. Kill a goat and try carry that meat once its cooked, and it stays hot Forever, and will kill you. It's a frankly rediculous idea that cooked food never cools down and having it in your field jacket will result in permanent overheat and death. Food will perish before you get hungry again and will kill you before it fully perishes, bonkers. 

Edited by M00nfly
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Was it your server? Also if you know how badly the vehicles are bugged, why take the time to build four? If you were having such bad luck with the vehicles why keep taking them out? Also the style of the game is to survive, not to build bases. If you think about it, when the game was just a mod it was about the adventures of that ONE character. After he/she dies new character, new story, new adventure. The base building is a new thing for them as devs/modders. So yes im sure as soon as a professional developer steps in to help, the game will get better.

As for the food situation you talk about for livonia im taking it you didnt read up on the way the map was built. The were very blunt about how it WILL be harder to survive on this map due to the harsh weather and how there WILL be a lack of food. You will have to survive off the land more then finding food on the infected and insides of houses. It was all in the release trailer and in the patch notes. Also pro survival tip if you have a axe use it to chop down trees that look like fruit trees, it will have a very rare random chance of dropping fruits.

As for everyone else's problems like game crashing ect... I rarely get that issue. Maybe bad internet connection. What gen console are you using? The game was made for the Xbox One X and a SSD drive. Best was to play the game. The desync of items can be fixed or not seeing dropped items by just having everyone in your crew/team/party to backout and rejoin server. Yea it suck, yea should be fixed but thats the solution for right now. Trust me, me and my squad hate doing it because we always in a high pop server and get stuck in a high queue. I have noticed though, the bigger your sqaud, the worse the bugs are. The cars we know are shit so I dont waste time on them, you shouldn't either.

Lol yeah, I'm playing on Xbox One S with a SSD drive, the I dont really have any other issues with the game currently on either map, its just after the latest patch release that I noticed that it crashes alot more than before the update and this happens at random, it has something to to with the combining item from inventory to what in the characters hands, but other than that don't really any of the issues that other players are having including the issue with cars, had build a few of them with no issues, my internet is pretty good "Fiber line" so no issues there and is always up 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Lol yeah, I'm playing on Xbox One S with a SSD drive, the I dont really have any other issues with the game currently on either map, its just after the latest patch release that I noticed that it crashes alot more than before the update and this happens at random, it has something to to with the combining item from inventory to what in the characters hands, but other than that don't really any of the issues that other players are having including the issue with cars, had build a few of them with no issues, my internet is pretty good "Fiber line" so no issues there and is always up 🙂

I don't think the Internet makes all that much difference. I have a fibre line to the house with some of the best ping times I've ever seen, and I'm playing on an xb1x, so maybe adding an SSD is what's helping? 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

I don't think the Internet makes all that much difference. I have a fibre line to the house with some of the best ping times I've ever seen, and I'm playing on an xb1x, so maybe adding an SSD is what's helping? 

Possibly, was just playing and the game crashed again "Playing for an hour or so" , was busy patching a utility buttpack and then the game crashed, but manager to repair two guns prior without issues, so dont know what the issue is, for me the game only crashes when combining items from inventory, no other issue otherwise

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Possibly, was just playing and the game crashed again "Playing for an hour or so" , was busy patching a utility buttpack and then the game crashed, but manager to repair two guns prior without issues, so dont know what the issue is, for me the game only crashes when combining items from inventory, no other issue otherwise

I get occasional crashes when combining too. Not always and with no apparent pattern. Maybe once every couple of hours. Otherwise running pretty smooth on a regular xbox one using an external drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Im on the One X with no ssd drive and the only bug that i ever get is desync of items. I play alot on the persistence off servers and those server are extremely tempermental and will crash or have the red countdown pop up in middle of screen, but when im in my home server its a persistence on 1st person i have yet had it crash or anything in that nature since 1.06.. Might i add i will play this game on my dayz off for like 9 hrs or so with only the desync bug happening. Maybe clear your xbox cashe.

7 hours ago, M00nfly said:

Just to add to the unplayability factor. Night time is still pointless, it's still like someone's turned my TV off. I've just logged off to play a different game because I was in a forest walking along a trail when dark fell. I can't even see the trail I was walking on beneath my own feet. I know night has to be darker, but without NVGs it's simply unplayable, period. 

Another gripe that needs looking at is cooked food. Kill a goat and try carry that meat once its cooked, and it stays hot Forever, and will kill you. It's a frankly rediculous idea that cooked food never cools down and having it in your field jacket will result in permanent overheat and death. Food will perish before you get hungry again and will kill you before it fully perishes, bonkers. 

I have no problem getting around at night, even without the NVGs. Although im playing on a 50inch 4k tv. I can see alot and people moving around at night time. I do feel you though on the cooked food though but i keep some in my jacket untill it starts to have a rain storm then i put all cooked food in my jacket. As for the food perishing never happened to me my guy has had the same cooked fat on him since 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

I'm using a 65 inch 4k TV, and I've boosted the image with dynamic mode and I still can't see jack. I set my screen for accuracy though, not for brightness. I'm carrying chicken and goat steak, I ate the fat already. I've now taken to putting my food in my field vest so I can carry it when needed. Wierd glitch though, I logged off and on and my health was back to normal, put the vest on and it instantly dropped by a 3rd. Anyway, as ever there's a workaround so I just do that instead. Eventually the food did cool enough, but it took about 3 day night cycles. 

6 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Strange, driving aside, I hardly ever get game crashes. Happens all the time in cars but playing normally on foot it doesn't happen. I'd do get desync when combining items, so maybe your games crashing when you get desync, just a guess though. 

I actually felt like night time was slightly brighter since 1.06? Especially the personal night mm flow effect that lights up your vicinity. I don't remember it being quite so bright. But I've stopped bothering with torches now. 

• Beans 2

I wouldn't call it totally unplayable, but I get the frustration. I'm playing it less and less and hardly know anyone that has stuck with it because sooner or later the bugs just get too annoying. I put it on today, joined as server just as night was falling, and logged off. I intended to wait for day but just ended up playing something else instead, and night is just a blanket black screen, which actually is unplayable.for me at least. 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Fixthegame said:

Delete the game pending next update 

UNPLAYABLE

I hope you felt you used your time in a good way when you made that profile just to spam the same message in 6 different posts. 😉

If its that unplayable for you, then I would probably find something else to do with your sparetime then play it and then rage about it (leave the raging to the mods in here, just try to contact them and you will see what happens).

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 1

I keep saying this, but nighttime really is unplayable. I've just logged on again and it's dark, and tried to roll with it, and I just can see so again I've turned it off and here I am again, waiting for daylight. Here's the problem. 

Other than at dawn or dusk, it's just a black screen, and I'm just staring at my reflection, and this is entirely unplayable. At dawn or dusk the the sky is brighter but it doesn't really help, it just sillouettes the tops of the trees and buildings against the sky. 

They've added the local glow so you can see around your immediate proximity, but this doesn't work for me in the day, it only has any use when my room is also dark. I also don't like it as it defeats the purpose of torches etc, which brings me to my next point. 

At night you cant use a torch, but it makes you the hottest target in the vicinity so it's too risky. Their use should be for indoors. When outside the moonlight should give you enough light to move around outside of the shadows. Indoors should be pitch black except for any light that comes through the windows, and this is where head lamps and torches or glow sticks should come into use, but the local glow they added defeats this. 

IMO, the game bugs are annoying, but the only thing making it unplayable is night time, for me this needs a serious fix as it's driving people away, and you can see the proof as night falls and server counts take a dive, come daytime it fills up again. 

I play OG xbox with no ssd, and experience maybe 1 crash per 3-4 sessions, each lasting 4-6 hours. Its just random. Stop bitch-fighting with specs. The game is scuffed, stop bitching.