Greensek

DayZ Livonia is OUT NOW

Survivor,

It’s finally time to brave the post-apocalyptic wilds of Livonia. Can you survive this unfamiliar land?

DayZ’s second official map – and first-ever DLC! – has arrived on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and is available now for 13.99 USD / 13.99 EUR.

The 163 km2 terrain is set in the southern Topolin-Nadbór region of Livonia and comprises lush green landscapes, dense forests, overgrown fields, winding rivers, serene lakes, murky swamps, an array of dilapidated structures, and various remnants of an abandoned society. Its varied landscapes and numerous landmarks also provide an abundance of places for players to take shelter, build a base, and hide from both the infected and other survivors.

Even veterans of Chernarus will have to bring their A-game if they don’t want to succumb to the harsh environment of Livonia. Although idyllic, supplies are scarce in this new land, and players will have to learn to forage, fish, and hunt to keep from starving. Luckily, Livonia is home to a plethora of wildlife for survivors to live off. But beware, a new threat roams the southern region, and it comes in the form of the Eurasian Brown Bear. Survivors best watch out! 

But sustenance – and death-by-mauling – won’t be the only environmental challenges to overcome. The temperate late-summer climate of Livonia, although usually quite pleasant, brings frequent heavy rainfall and severe thunderstorms. This unpredictable and relentless weather will pose a great threat to your livelihood, so make sure to keep a keen eye open for protective gear and shelter to shield yourself from the unforgiving elements.

So, are you up for the challenge? You can jump in right now and give it your best shot!

Livonia also drops the same time as the 1.06 update, which will apply to both DayZ maps and adds more weapons, attachments, fishing, bears, throwing improvements, and numerous other additions, fixes, and tweaks. Check out the announcement here for a complete breakdown of what's new.

See you in Livonia, Survivor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

okay so when will we able to join those 3 servers with good ping?
because i just bought it and can´t connect -_-
dayz being dayz

edit\
client is updating while typing

Edited by wud

Bringing this comment in from reddit, because I want to make sure @Greensek sees it, but 

How are players going to worry about "succumbing to the harsh environment of Livonia" when you can just bring your heavily geared character over from Chernarus?

How is this in anyway a good decision for the health of this map? What's even the point?

Edit: And it probably won't mean a damn thing, but for what it's worth, especially playing primarily on console these days, this has made the DLC an easy pass for me. And I was completely on board with it before this, DayZ warts and all.

The loot economy is already completely borked on Xbox; not only does this not fix it, but it exacerbates the problem. Very disappointing.

• Beans 2

Any instructions for creating a Livonia server? I have a local Dayz server and just bought Livonia.

17 minutes ago, thepoey said:

How are players going to worry about "succumbing to the harsh environment of Livonia" when you can just bring your heavily geared character over from Chernarus?

How is this in anyway a good decision for the health of this map? What's even the point?

Is this really a thing? Stupid decision. Everyone should start fresh on Livonia. 

Also a small critic I have about Livonia: I think people should be able to drink out of small, running water sources like small rivers. Or they should only have a 20% chance of giving you a sickness with each sip, right now it is 100% I believe. It would be more realistic and adds tension - you're about to die of thirst and you drink from a river not knowing if you just "poisoned" yourself or if you're gonna be fine. In most places in the world drinking out of a small river will not make you sick so that you might die.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

Så what is the appid for servers to download Livonia ?

Edited by Relic77

So characters are transferrable between maps? That's bad. 

I know there used to be an Idea of travelling between maps but that never got a follow up. 

But the conditions are too different now on each map. So you can now basically loot in easy mode chernarus and then hop to Livonia for easy pickings. 

This should be looked at @Greensek

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, McWendy said:

So characters are transferrable between maps? That's bad. 

I know there used to be an Idea of travelling between maps but that never got a follow up. 

But the conditions are too different now on each map. So you can now basically loot in easy mode chernarus and then hop to Livonia for easy pickings. 

This should be looked at @Greensek

Easy mode. Bingo. And unless they did some kind of fixes for all of the duped loot, it's going to be even worse. 

I have an idea. What if we could only transfer from Chernarus to Livonia if we are all the way up North West around Tisy base and we spawn somewhere in the north of Livonia and vice versa also, so to go back to Chernarus you need to be all the way up north in Livonia to spawn back in Tisy base in Chernarus? That's if you want to have same character. You could also have a character only for Livonia map and another one for Chernarus. So basically we would have 3 character. One for both maps, and two for each map. I hope this make any sanse, I'm not so good with english, sorry.

Edited by kevo1414
  • Beans 1

9 minutes ago, kevo1414 said:

I have an idea. What if we could only transfer from Chernarus to Livonia if we are all the way up North West around Tisy base and we spawn somewhere in the north of Livonia and vice versa also, so to go back to Chernarus you need to be all the way up north in Livonia to spawn back in Tisy base in Chernarus? That's if you want to have same character. You could also have a character only for Livonia map and another one for Chernarus. So basically we would have 3 character. One for both maps, and two for each map. I hope this make any sanse, I'm not so good with english, sorry.

That still doesn't solve the easy mode. Sure a small detour because of where you need to be. But still doable. 

This would make game more interesting at least. Car would have even more value because map becomes twice as big and also it would be harder to find a base.

Edited by kevo1414

I suspect they went the way of character transferability between the two maps because it wouldn't work with how official servers are set up on DayZ.  This is just a guess!  Still, I'm not defending this decision as it was a lot of fun on the experimental to have a completely separate and siloed experience.  

I usually defend this game but I am not a fan of this choice.

Bit of a disappointment to start Livonia with full military geared character. But hey, there's always "F11" 🙂
9,79 €UROS after ArmAIIILivonia discount.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, McWendy said:

That still doesn't solve the easy mode. Sure a small detour because of where you need to be. But still doable. 

Now that y'all saying that i would really like one of those STALKER switching maps/loading screen in DayZ and do the map expansion that way... You cross the border and then bam... Loading screen loading next map and transfering you to an another server... And then bam you spawn on the other side of the border... Something like a portal 😛 that would be hella cool if done properly like in STALKER 😄

• Like 1

I’m never gonna pay for this dlc , because before the dayz devs lost all integrity they said this (and all dlc) would be free .

im not ever going to bend the knee to these buttholes , especially when they haven’t even completed the goddamn base game yet .

Dont let them have an inch or they will take a mile folks - I wish all of you were strong enough to realize this . Boycott this stupid game until they add the features that made dayz mod so great. .

Still needed features already promised helicopters , barricading , contaminated zones , 2 wheeled vehicles , zombie hordes , dayz namalsk map for free , shooting from vehicles , restoring electricity and power to cities , soft skills so players can become Medics and pilots etc etc , many weapons including less than lethal weapons , advanced medical system and many many many more features I have forgotten about .

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

this (and all dlc) would be free .

Source please?

And btw, Namalsk is a free time project and nothing official. It will come when it's ready, as a mod.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ
  • Thanks 1

To bad it won't start. I keep getting errors about mod files that I don't even have I hate modding.

Warning : you were kicked off the game. ( client contains  PBO which is not part of the server data: C:/program files (x86) /steam/steamapps/common/dayzexp/bliss/addons/ai_bliss.pbo)

And heard of lots of others with issues as well. I'm no hacker when I buy a game I at least want it to load even if the running of it , the graphics or whatever sucks it should start and play on its own. 

• Beans 1

FACCIO I COMPLIMENTI AI CREATORI PER IL MAGNIFICO GIOCO MA VOLEVO DARE UN GRANDE SUGGERIMENTO

FATE 6/12 SERVER A CUI I GIOCATORI DA X BOX/PLAY STATION E PC SI POSSONO UNIRE E GIOCARE INSIEME...COSÌ CHI DECIDE DI GIOCARE CON UN AMICO VA SU QUEI SERVER!!!

FATE QUESTA MODIFICA PERCHÉ RENDERÀ MOLTO FELICE CHI VUOLE GIOCARE CON UN AMICO DA PIATTAFORME DIVERSE...BASTANO 10 SERVER!!!!

ASPETTO QUESTA MODIFICA!

On 12/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Source please?

And btw, Namalsk is a free time project and nothing official. It will come when it's ready, as a mod.

Source is being on these forums longer than a year bud ... they used to communicate with us all the time and anyone who’s been here from the start will know that I’m telling the truth . Too bad there’s so many damn blinded fans here ready to throw money at an undeveloped game that’s still missing many crucial features . 

7 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Source is being on these forums longer than a year bud ... they used to communicate with us all the time and anyone who’s been here from the start will know that I’m telling the truth . Too bad there’s so many damn blinded fans here ready to throw money at an undeveloped game that’s still missing many crucial features . 

That’s that’s not a source, MaximumHyperbole69420. 

32 minutes ago, Parazight said:

That’s that’s not a source, MaximumHyperbole69420. 

Dont play quoi even you know this. 

And Lets not start that thing again. 

If you havent been here long enough you Will not know. If you have you know