Anthonyscott

Alt accounts

Is anyone having an issue with other Dayz players using an alt account on Xbox for example you get in a fire fight and kill one account and clear the area then they just switch profiles and kill you ? I've also ran into a group on a server who have 5 or 6 alts around the map so in a matter of seconds they can spawn in anywhere 

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of sandbox MMOs.  

Is it really cheating?  How is the person getting an unfair advantage?  Bohemia is not going to turn away money if people are going to buy additional copies.  I guess the only way to stop profile abuse is for BI to prod Microsoft.

Yes, in a way it IS cheating.  If someone has one or two alt accounts, one person can, in essence, surround another player's base or their own. 

3 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Yes, in a way it IS cheating.  If someone has one or two alt accounts, one person can, in essence, surround another player's base or their own. 

Exactly. 

I raided a base a while ago and as soon as I shoot one guy loads of others began pouring out. Same 4 or 5 guys with 3 or 4 accounts each

They also use the alt accounts to dupe. 

Edited by awalsh47
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, Parazight said:

Is it really cheating?  How is the person getting an unfair advantage?  Bohemia is not going to turn away money if people are going to buy additional copies.  I guess the only way to stop profile abuse is for BI to prod Microsoft.

I hear you dude, it's a flaw with Microsoft's profile system. You can buy one copy of DayZ and basically make infinite accounts to play that one copy as long as they are signed as family members to the primary account without any additional fees. At least on steam a person would have to buy another copy of the game, in order to run an Alt account on a server. So Xbox is full of players with multiple accounts ready to go across multiple servers. 

• Haha 1

Sucks to be an xbox player, I guess.   Bohemia please, never go cross platform, lol.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, Parazight said:

On console, i can have hypothetically 20 Alts and only buy one copy, Xbox has license transfers so that statement was abit null for console (not attacking you, I feel I HAVE to explain myself before people start crying)

I see someone basically said the same thing but for anyone that doesn't read much ^^^

Edited by Andyyypandyyy
Communism
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, Stagman70 said:

The only way to avoid these cheaters is to play on a private server. 

I can jus have alts on a PS too, so what arggggg ya talkin bout?!

• Like 1

Without the use of duping gearing up 5-6 alts is an effort in itself. Kudos to them lol 😂👍

As far as if it's cheating, etc? As always, blame the dev and M$. Without them we wouldn't be able to have alts, duping, etc.

People are gonna use the smartest and easiest methods to stay on top of things or get the advantage. Can you really blame them for wanting to win? If so, there's something wrong with you, not everyone else.

Morales? 😅🤣💀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

People are gonna use the smartest and easiest methods to stay on top of things or get the advantage. Can you really blame them for wanting to win?

Nah, they just want the easiest way.  As for "wanting to win".......the object of DayZ isn't to "win".  That's the goal in PUBG, CoD, and BF.  Sure, one could make the argument that surviving in DayZ is winning, but it's not really a game that you win or lose at.  As soon as all the trigger-happy, KoSing, duping, alt acct using cheaters realize that, the better the game will be for everyone.

9 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

blame the dev and M$. Without them we wouldn't be able to have alts, duping, etc.

Just because one is ABLE to do it, for whatever reason, does not mean that one SHOULD.  You ask the question of morals?  The answer is, those that use alt accts, dupe, or use any exploits to gain an advantage have no morals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would rather see someone use an alt acct for weapon storage as opposed to burying them in the woods, at least if stored on alt like a walking sea chest the weapons will still spawn.

• Like 1

Alts accounts are garbage exploit that completely fucks this game's loot economy, but I don't really know how BI can get around it. It's something built into Xbox Live. As far as the console and Live service is concerned, the "Alt" could be a completely different user. 

• Haha 1

Private servers is the way to go. 

Anything else is just being a masochist.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, Anthonyscott said:

Is anyone having an issue with other Dayz players using an alt account on Xbox for example you get in a fire fight and kill one account and clear the area then they just switch profiles and kill you ? I've also ran into a group on a server who have 5 or 6 alts around the map so in a matter of seconds they can spawn in anywhere 

And this is different from having three or four teammates? 🤣🤣 also how do you know they didn't have teammates? This whole thread is dumb. 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, Stagman70 said:

Just because one is ABLE to do it, for whatever reason, does not mean that one SHOULD.  You ask the question of morals?  The answer is, those that use alt accts, dupe, or use any exploits to gain an advantage have no morals.

Exactly! The question of morals will always hinge on how one uses their perceived advantage ie alt accounts. 

If I have 100 alt accounts but don't use them to insta-spawn and take revenge, how is that cheating? 

Answer: it is not cheating. 

Stop being so narrow minded, you anti-3pp anti-alt cretin 😜 @Stagman70 @Anthonyscott

On 12/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, thepoey said:

Alts accounts are garbage exploit that completely fucks this game's loot economy, but I don't really know how BI can get around it. It's something built into Xbox Live. As far as the console and Live service is concerned, the "Alt" could be a completely different user. 

No, alts have absolutely no affect on the cle since the loot ecomony only takes into account loot that is ON THE MAP. 

If I have 100 alts all with 1 m4 each, I can obviously only play one character at a time, right? So that means there is only one m4 removed from the cle by me at that time, right? So, the other 99 m4s on my 99 other characters are not counted anywhere since they are not ON THE MAP. 

I have 3 accounts. One for pvp servers and the other two on one public server. However they're on different parts of the map. One far north and the other to the far west. With a halfway stash in between to pass things to each other. They're geared diffently for the environment. One guy hunts and the other guy gathers military gear, ammo and guns. To me it's like having two diffent load outs and it saves time without all the running around the map. That can take hours and often i dont have a lot of time to play. I think it's just a matter of how one uses alt character. There are cheating ways and non cheating ways.

• Like 2