Greensek

New map for DayZ is coming soon

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

It's not a game problem it's their servers are shit the machines they are hosted on are shit and cars are server related so find a good quality server for the cars to work properly

(I apologize in advance for my mistakes in language. ) When you run the add-on server will be clogged to the maximum and play with such lags is not that uncomfortable, but unbearable. Yes, they gave users the opportunity to save their servers, which are now stuffed with unnecessary mods to failure. I like to play on a clean client without any Stalker mods or anything like that and probably not just me, but unfortunately we have: terrible Official lagausie servers where players just jerkily move 20 meters and 99% of the community servers are filled with all the different mods. Well, that until there not appeared tanks and artillery tools.

11 hours ago, Diavolus said:

If the new Map is a Pay DLC, then Good Bye Bugz.

Fix the Game First, then Grab new Money.

you don't have any idea how complicated it is to make this game... go try and make let's say... a custom soda can drink and see how complicated shit is and then talk shit 😄

55 minutes ago, haxordie said:

>new map
That's a map you made for Arma 3. Getting even lazier, are we?

i've heard the map was being made for DayZ first but they ported it to ArmA 

Will you ever give us the content we were supposed to receive,  before you decided to squeeze out the miscarriage that was 1.0 ? It was devoid of crucial features marking dayz as “just another survival game” instead of the revolutionary game it was supposed to be . 

Theres still time , but the question is [bohemia], what are you doing wasting time on a map when we still need (helicopters , 2 wheeled vehicles , barricading , contaminated zones , hordes , soft skills ; medic / pilot /  etc, less than lethal weapons , weed / alcohol / tobacco as currency, and much more)? 

Obviously we appreciate a new map but at this point we either think you can’t deliver on what you promised so many years ago , or you wont due to some unseen reasons... Either way it’s like waiting for an alpha to finish; but so much more painful knowing you already cut our alpha/beta short in favor of some quick Christmas bucks .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

Well first of all the map is really awesome, with large, dark and scary woods and a lot of Stalker like locations. I would go even that far that it is in some regards even better than Chernarus+, since I really dislike what they did to the big coastal cities and the airfields. Making maps a bit different is also a good thing, you can't have everything on one map, Since Chernarus has become very urban , a predator like a bear fits a lot better on a map like Livonia. Contaminated zone would also go perfect with this map since the Arma 3 Contact Addon came with tons of CBRN items and stuff. Since the map is also a bit smaller and does not feature many huge cities it also should be possible to have a nice amount of zeds spawning. Combined with more polished survival mechanic this map could really bring the DayZ experience a lot of us were looking for. I wrote it before but in my eyes the devs made so many horrible and bad design decisions for Chernarus over the years that it has become completely boring to play...not even speaking of all the other stuff like bugs and missing content. Chernarus + is much to rural, the cities and locations are not only looking the same but there are no real hotspots which is very bad for gameplay  and also there will be never enough zombies and players to fill this oversized cities . Driving the players away from the coast os also one of these horrible things. I also think locations on maps like Livonia could be made also a lot more detailed for that reason. 

Livonia and Namalsk are for me personally the last hope to bring me back if ever....

Edited by Private Evans

I've sunk hours into dayz and i now know Chernarus so well  can navagate it in the dark.

I'll be buying this map.

I'm curious about where people will spawn on this given there is no coast? Far north,  along the river or in the woods south?

It's a shame that it's so small compared to Chernarus, which seemed really small and empty to me already. I also expected BI to expand chernarusplus, not add a separate map. Eh.

3 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

I've sunk hours into dayz and i now know Chernarus so well  can navagate it in the dark.

I'll be buying this map.

I'm curious about where people will spawn on this given there is no coast? Far north,  along the river or in the woods south?

Probably along the river maybe... Or maybe literally random all over the map kinda like Rust lol but imma guess from north you spawn and go to the south in the forest

1 hour ago, haxordie said:

It's a shame that it's so small compared to Chernarus, which seemed really small and empty to me already. I also expected BI to expand chernarusplus, not add a separate map. Eh.

It's 163km2 compared to around 230km2 of Chernarus... I think as some guy said above this smaller map have hotspots and will force player interaction

8 hours ago, haxordie said:

I'm kinda happy that the new map will be 163km2, it creates more player interaction and exciting moments. Chernarus can sometimes feel pretty lonely, especially on servers with a pop limit of 50/60 (Chernarus needs minimum 80 to 100 players imo). Also with Namalsk coming and it being a 53km2 map, there will be different sizes for all 🙂 

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

I'm kinda happy that the new map will be 163km2, it creates more player interaction and exciting moments. Chernarus can sometimes feel pretty lonely, especially on servers with a pop limit of 50/60 (Chernarus needs minimum 80 to 100 players imo). Also with Namalsk coming and it being a 53km2 map, there will be different sizes for all 🙂 

Does Chernarus total size include the area covered by the sea? 

Given Livornia is landlocked and if you subtracted the sea area from chenarus they are probably a similar size 

3 hours ago, amadieus said:

I agree 100%.  Haxordie says he wishes Chernarus was bigger.  To me, that is a complete head-scratcher saying that -- if anything, Chernarus should be half the size for the reasons you've stated here -- if the server could handle 100+ players with loads of infected, Chernarus would be a perfect size, but as it is, it's way too big.

I'm also looking forward to Namalsk, moreso than Livonia if I'm honest.  A smaller map means more interactions, so that'll be interesting.

6 hours ago, drgullen said:

I agree 100%.  Haxordie says he wishes Chernarus was bigger.  To me, that is a complete head-scratcher saying that -- if anything, Chernarus should be half the size for the reasons you've stated here -- if the server could handle 100+ players with loads of infected, Chernarus would be a perfect size, but as it is, it's way too big.

I'm also looking forward to Namalsk, moreso than Livonia if I'm honest.  A smaller map means more interactions, so that'll be interesting.

Namalsk is going to be fun. Sumrak already mentioned infected density will be greater because of the 53km map size. We're going to have wolves, bears, loads of infected, scarcer food/water and hypothermia to worry about. I am looking forward to that.

The real question is when DayZ will leave Alpha, they're close to Beta right now.
Assuming that Alpha = Not all features/mechanics are finished. Beta = Everything is done only polishing, balancing, tweaking and bugfixing is left.

Edited by exacomvm

6 hours ago, exacomvm said:

The real question is when DayZ will leave Alpha, they're close to Beta right now.
Assuming that Alpha = Not all features/mechanics are finished. Beta = Everything is done only polishing, balancing, tweaking and bugfixing is left.

Nobody cares man, just play the game whether is called alpha, beta or christmas pudding....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Nobody cares man

Probably because those who cared gave up on DayZ which is like 95% of the alltime playerbase.
"ThIs GaMe Is NoT fInIsHeD iN 5yEaRs AnD aFtEr 3YeArS ItS sTiLl FuLl oF bUgS"

Edited by exacomvm
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Probably because those who cared gave up on DayZ which is like 95% of the alltime playerbase.

As long as those 95% stay in their holes and do not try to derail threads about a new map like you do, I'm fine with it.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

There's not much to be said here.

The community is clearly angry about the games progress.

I'm sure we are all happy to support you but continually shitting on the community will eventually kill the game. Also how about a timeline for development.

2 hours ago, haxordie said:

So when will it come out? Another year?

lmao no... 13th November if not then just November its gonna somehow release on all platforms along side the 1.06 update and around that time DayZ Expansion mod will come out too 😄

10 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

We have yet to see 1.06 on exp .. unless they plan on just dumping it to stable without testing .. god I hope not lol

they said the DLC is coming to all platforms it would be stupid for us PC players to get the update and the DLC first and after a month or two Consoles get it so imma guess everything will come to stable as they will test the shit out of it themselves 😄 and dump it on stable and it might be the most polished update ever? xD

• Haha 1

You better port really big map, something like A3 Altis or A2 Origins Taviana (last map as example only because of licence). That should be fine. But map that smaller then chernarus wat da f***!? build a base in forest... CAMP YOU CAN BUILD IN FOREST, DAMN YOU, NOT A BASE! You still can't make a buildable houses (Like A2 & A3 DayZ Epoch Mod) or opportunity to lock off existing house (lock doors with lock, repair windows, make access to each room building - that's dam it will be awesome).

But in real I don't want think how many bugs lags and trash will be added in this "update"...

hey you have to modify the title, has errors.. the real title is cash grab for DayZ is coming soon.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Riki68 said:

(I apologize in advance for my mistakes in language. ) When you run the add-on server will be clogged to the maximum and play with such lags is not that uncomfortable, but unbearable. Yes, they gave users the opportunity to save their servers, which are now stuffed with unnecessary mods to failure. I like to play on a clean client without any Stalker mods or anything like that and probably not just me, but unfortunately we have: terrible Official lagausie servers where players just jerkily move 20 meters and 99% of the community servers are filled with all the different mods. Well, that until there not appeared tanks and artillery tools.

Did you just say Stalker mods are shit? Boiiii stalker mods are big and massive and bring a lot of stuff especially the map that is very nicely made and works properly unlike buggy Deer Isle... Go check out 3RNO's STALKER server... There are currently 2 servers one is RP and the other one is basically the same except it's just DayZ and not RP... You have custom zombies with custom sounds and soon with the hopefully the next update custom animations and lots of new guns from STALKER and Geiger counters and anomalies... Yes there are actual functional anomalies from Stalker in DayZ it's really big 😄 you should try it

I'd love to get the new map in hard copy and navigate with that rather than use izurvive 

• Confused 1