Sil3nt

Night time is so dark it's unplayable

It feels like they made it even darker!! Is there a way to tell if the server is day time before entering it??

I agree , I try and hold up for the night at the min. Cruising around with a flare/ torch at night is just asking to be murdered. Best just to hold up somewhere , or do some rl shit for an hour . But I agree it’s grim . 

Just now, bearjew1101 said:

I agree , I try and hold up for the night at the min. Cruising around with a flare/ torch at night is just asking to be murdered. Best just to hold up somewhere , or do some rl shit for an hour . But I agree it’s grim . 

Isn't it just! As we just found out 🙄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Isn't it just! As we just found out 🙄

Pmsl . I’m so sorry dude . It was most definitely ..... a clusterfuck of monumental proportions . 

9 hours ago, Sil3nt said:

It feels like they made it even darker!! Is there a way to tell if the server is day time before entering it??

Nah, just look for the Big Dipper to find the north star and go for it . Just don't run of a cliff while looking up.

Edited by MaximusDickus
  • Like 1

I don't think its darker I think the client based night light is not as effective.

Night is very playable, grab a light source and continue, it's part of the game. I've had some great times & encounters at night so far. I will say it's abit long for the type of gameplay it offers (especially if you hold out) but definitely can be interesting, not to mention the lighting is amazing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Night is very playable, grab a light source and continue, it's part of the game. I've had some great times & encounters at night so far. I will say it's abit long for the type of gameplay it offers (especially if you hold out) but definitely can be interesting, not to mention the lighting is amazing.

Yeah I was just doing that and there was a group of guys with night vision that smoked me even after I threw my light source. Race to the night vision goggles that's what this just became

I got no problem, maybe mess a bit with the gamma on your screen if you cant see anything.

Any you might as well get used to it, its here to stay.

Learn to cope with it and try to enjoy the added possibilities and fun situation that arises in the dark, that is your best choice as its here to stay.

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

I got no problem, maybe mess a bit with the gamma on your screen if you cant see anything.

Any you might as well get used to it, its here to stay.

Learn to cope with it and try to enjoy the added possibilities and fun situation that arises in the dark, that is your best choice as its here to stay.

quoting Jonas here, stop being weak af, its nightime its dark what a surprise, quit complaining.

the edits cos i calls you name not Jonas my bad lol

Edited by RyanS1994
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, Sil3nt said:

check how many players

low pop =night

high pop =day

All the dark fearing snowflakes are a godsend for the massive server wait times at the moment.

Once it gets dark loads of them leave the server and you get in quicker

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

I move around at night, i feel safer doing so, not to mention i can still navigate just fine, you gotta learn to adjust, this how dark a world without power would be bro

Just wait til you get the ability to use NVG. Night-time military runs are pretty terrifying unless you have them yourself.

Part of the game man! You want to see at night you have to take a risk by using a light source or get NVG's... This is how the game should be, this is what makes it DayZ and challenging.