maxon-69

The effect of intoxication for fun gameplay

I think the effect of intoxication is easy to implement into the game and a lot of fun! Make a graphic blur when using alcohol and loss of consciousness if drunk a lot. And to treat poisoning with no problems to implement in the game.  Why don't developers do this? what is difficult?

11 hours ago, maxon-69 said:

I think the effect of intoxication is easy to implement into the game and a lot of fun! Make a graphic blur when using alcohol and loss of consciousness if drunk a lot. And to treat poisoning with no problems to implement in the game.  Why don't developers do this? what is difficult?

Yeah and while we're at it, let's put a strip club in Elektro where the female infected can "work the poles" -- oooh, careful there love, mind those teeth!

Oh and let's add motorhomes filled with chemicals so that people can start making meth if they want.

It's a survival game dude, it's not Grand Theft Auto.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

Even in GTA, you get drunk once, and never wanna do it again. At least I do, anyway.

I just can’t see any point in it being in DayZ. It would need some kind of boost to your stats for it to work.

Currently, the majority of the playerbase refuse to use light sources at night, for fear of being vulnerable. There’s no way, they’re gonna blur their screens without some kind of buff.

26 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I am pretty sure somewhere on the looong way of development there was talk about implementing drugs, the use of it and the descriped effect. Please apologise me for not looking for some sources, its too damn warm just now.

Thinking of it, alot of games have this kind of features to some degree. Stalker and Skyrim comes to my mind.

Wasn't alcohol planned for the game? I mean, there are cigarettes and weed in the game files. Would also expect for alcohol to have a blurring effect with unconscious/throwing up after too much intoxication.

• Thanks 1

There’s a bottle of vodka in the files. Also, as you say, cannabis and cigarettes too. Magic mushrooms also 😂

Fuck knows what they were planning. Massive session, by the sounds of it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

There’s a bottle of vodka in the files. Also, as you say, cannabis and cigarettes too. Magic mushrooms also 😂

Fuck knows what they were planning. Massive session, by the sounds of it.

The Apocalypse Burning Man, maybe?  😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

Even in GTA, you get drunk once, and never wanna do it again. At least I do, anyway.

I just can’t see any point in it being in DayZ. It would need some kind of boost to your stats for it to work.

Currently, the majority of the playerbase refuse to use light sources at night, for fear of being vulnerable. There’s no way, they’re gonna blur their screens without some kind of buff.

Gameplaywise, positive side effects of intoxication could be partial immunity to shock damage and higher pain threshold - so you won't limp as much when injured (you might stagger and trip over stuff instead tho...) The fun factor and RP-possibilities are not to be ignored either. Heck, even in World of Warcraft you can get drunk. In vanilla I remember there was a warrior class quest that you had to be "completely smashed" when completing, screen was all blurry and you couldn't walk straight, making it harder than it would have been otherwise.

As Pugman said a vodka bottle, cannabis and cigarettes are in the game files. I believe there were medical effects planned for tobacco and cannabis, so it would make sense for alcohol to have some gameplay impact beyond the goofing around. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:26 AM, maxon-69 said:

Why don't developers do this? what is difficult?

The answer to this is simple and twofold. There isn't enough money to hire more staff, and of the staff that remain they don't have enough time to implement new features - just bug fixing for the foreseeable future.

Lots could be added to the game, it won't be by the main developers though, it will be by the modding community if it is at all.

• Thanks 1

Well if drunkenness in game works anything like when I would play a marathon session and end up drinkin 6-12 beers throughout...

... it would blur your vision, but make you notice movement more quickly--"hey, that blob isn't swaying at the same rate as the rest of the world; I smell danger"

...it would create a 50% chance of making you turn in either the wrong direction or too far in the right direction while navigating in trees or densely built-up areas.

...It would increase your luck with item spawns, but make you randomly drag the wrong thing into/out of your inventory, drop things on the ground instead of your hands or hotkeys, and your PTT would toggle on and off randomly.

...your ADS would be shitty to impossibly impaired at medium and long ranges, but hipfire would have increased chances of hitting medium ranged targets and a 100% fail rate at point blank ranges--gonna have to ADS if it's less than 10 meters.

...you'll miss the first two melee strikes against infected, but somehow land headshots more than half the time.

...you'll burn your food half the time, but always run into cows or wolves, even while cooking (burning food while mismanaging your inventory) in the woods.

...Everybody you meet will ask you "how the fuck are you even still awake, let alone surviving on this server right now?"

Edited by emuthreat
  • Haha 2

...you'll hit on female players 60% more often than you would otherwise.  😎

I don't...quite understand why this needs to be in game. It's very easy to implement outside the game. 

Then you find yourself the next day either dead, or sitting in the middle of the road in Cherno wondering what the hell happened. 

• Haha 1

I think that alcohol in the game for a reason. The developers had an idea to treat alcohol infection. But they did not implement this idea.

Maybe they wanted to treat poisoning. But it would be fun to receive intoxication as a side effect. After all, it is not so difficult to implement.

In the game "stalker" this function was implemented and the infection from radiation is treated.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, drgullen said:

Yeah and while we're at it, let's put a strip club in Elektro where the female infected can "work the poles" -- oooh, careful there love, mind those teeth!

Oh and let's add motorhomes filled with chemicals so that people can start making meth if they want.

Alcohol and drugs will be on a huge demand if when the zombie apocalypse hits us. It would just add to the realism.

• Thanks 1

I don't know about alcohol, but those shrooms might use some psychedelic feel as a side effect of a desperate survivor trying to feast on them. Or moderate poisoning.

Alcohol can have a healing effect on colds, poisoning, and infection.
But with heavy use it causes vomiting.
All this is in the game. Just enable this feature for alcohol.
Why do I need a bottle of alcohol in the game?