ImpulZ

Private Console Servers Pre-Order and FAQ

Didn’t the Dayz devs state that we can ask questions about the servers here in the forum? I see a lot of questions but no answers from them lol. Guys and girls realise that BI no longer monitors the forum 

40 minutes ago, Jackel said:

Didn’t the Dayz devs state that we can ask questions about the servers here in the forum? I see a lot of questions but no answers from them lol. Guys and girls realise that BI no longer monitors the forum 

You do realize that the DayZ devs live and work in the Czech Republic, right?  You do realize that at the time you posted this, none of them were at work because it's just gone sun up in that part of the world, right?  You do realize that this thread was started only about 14 hours before you posted this message, right?

Have some patience ffs -- @ImpulZ or someone else from BI will no doubt respond to these questions when they can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KILLER GHST said:

Will we be able to control the amount is stamina we have?

Will we be able to turn off base destruction?

No.

Will we be able to turn on a kill feed?

No, but you will be able to see killed players in the logs.

Spawn in items?

No, that will not be possible.

18 hours ago, Poison121 said:

Will the host of the server be able to add mods into the server sort of like Ark Survival Evolved?

Currently there are no plans for this.

18 hours ago, IMakeUGay said:

Are there any measures we can take against duplicating in these new servers?

Duplication requires in many methods the switching of servers. As private servers are using different characters than other servers, these methods will not work. Further duping exploits will be fixed by us with every update.

18 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Access to the mission XML files and/or init.c or just the serverDZ.cfg?

You will have access to the messages.xml for server messages and certain aspects of the serverDZ.cfg.

18 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Will the server owner be able to ban specific players, as well as make others admin?

At the start the server password will be the sole way to keep other players out. But we are looking into possibilities for a Whitelist-setup, which would allow you to define who will be able to join your server. A removal from the whitelist would equal a ban. Making other players admin will not be possible.

12 hours ago, Kyle Millington said:

Access to the in game logs, does this mean being able to spawn items?

8 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Will there be a log for individuals logging into the server & out? in order to combat & detect people duplicating in groups? can server owners ban players? Also will there be the option to see peoples IP addresses in order to perma ban them from private servers completely so that they don't just change profile and log back in after a profile ban?

No, the logs will be monitoring to a certain degree what is happening on the server. However, they will not include individual player-data for privacy reasons.

11 hours ago, Arbor Mancer said:

Can we turn pvp damage off and increase infected count? 

No, not at the moment.

EDIT: To clarify a bit on these pretty harsh sounding answers:

This is the first implementation of the private servers for console. We will take this slow and monitor how you are using it. In the meantime, we will evaluate the possibilities of enabling further options to customise your servers, and expand on administrative possibilities, such as the whitelisting mentioned above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

paying for server where the only thing you can change is literally name and password...  😂

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a start guys. Just remember that private servers will massively reduce the biggest problems you’ve experienced on consoles. Duping, ghosting, etc.

If you want more control, you should probably wait til they figure out the whitelist thing. Not like there won’t be a fuck-ton to play on, anyway.

• Like 1

Its a money grab by the sounds of it.... Rent a sever with our partners for ×2 the money pc players pay oh and yes u cant change anything just speed up time and have a password and see little messages cant ban players wot the point of it wait i know its a money grab £40 for the game i cant play coz of fps laggggggggggggg poping of textures duppin but its ok rent a sever u have no control over for twice the money.... Us console players have kept ur game alive with the price we pay for the game and this is how u repay us with overpriced severs with no options  @dayzcommunity support 

• Confused 1

Will it be possible to set up personal password for each player, or whitelist? Im planning to organize community fundraising for server payment, tools like whitelist will be very helpful to control subscription.

36 minutes ago, Markyd said:

Its a money grab by the sounds of it.... Rent a sever with our partners for ×2 the money pc players pay oh and yes u cant change anything just speed up time and have a password and see little messages cant ban players wot the point of it wait i know its a money grab £40 for the game i cant play coz of fps laggggggggggggg poping of textures duppin but its ok rent a sever u have no control over for twice the money.... Us console players have kept ur game alive with the price we pay for the game and this is how u repay us with overpriced severs with no options  @dayzcommunity support 

Don’t spread false information. The servers are not twice the cost of PC servers. 

I agree they need to sort out the ability to kick players... I’m surprised Sony have not insisted on this, given their requirement for player names to be visible. Although, ImpulZ said that they are working on it.

Why not just wait and see what happens, instead of moaning before the update is even out 🙄

• Like 1

Will can modificate the items of the users? Modificate respawn when start? Spawn vehicles/items  on game?

38 minutes ago, BWater2727 said:

Will admins be able to see the location of other players in the server?

If the logfiles are the same as those for the PC, then yes

2 hours ago, esmz said:

Will can modificate the items of the users? Modificate respawn when start? Spawn vehicles/items  on game?

From reading the Q&A above, nope. It's the password, scheduled messages and a few config items.  Even on PC you can't edit users. There are no tools for editing the user or item datastores.

If the console game works like PC, maybe you'll eventually get access to the mission files. In there you can tweak the loot table (not add, that would require mods),  the spawning (cargo, attachments) of zombies, vehicles, weapons, food.  There is a lot that can be done. If you have access to the init.c (main) you could even spawn extra buildings and such on startup. Have to wait and see I suppose.

20 hours ago, smudgegard said:

Paid top dollar for the game already, and it runs absolutely terrible, whilst the game runs the way it does, not talking about the bugs but just the freeze frames and frame drops I cant see many people wanting to sink more money into this game. I love the idea of private servers, with parameters you can actually change, these ones though just seem like a bit of a money grab lol.

They are a bit pricey. 

I'm thinking it's impossible to run a 60 player server with the barebone admin settings. 

If there were an alternative to close out sections of the map to play with maybe 24 or 32 players to cut the cost but at the same time be able to meet players on a smaller portion of the map, I'd go for it right away. 

As it is now, with even 60 players, you might not meet anyone for hours. The size of the map would work better with 150 players. So option to pick different regions of the map for 10,24,32 player servers would be nice. 

On 7/24/2019 at 4:05 PM, Brandon Hammer said:

Is there going to be the ability to spawn things as an admin? Because I am wanting to have an rp server and might make things go faster if I can spawn things in.

no

@ImpulZ

1. Any rough estimate on when we'll be able to kick/ban players from our servers?
2. Will the logs show player names and location when killing another player?

I'm ideally looking to create a "public server" that's open to all with a simple trade centre in one of the towns but ban anyone that doesn't honor that one rule of the server.
However the current implementation of having a single password would mean I'd have to change it near daily per incident, a blacklist option to go alongside the white-list when implemented would be ideal.

21 hours ago, ItzBeastnnn said:

So if we have 100 player server, 10 guys are breaking rules, there is no way to kick them??

Boot them from the discord. Change then pass word

100 person servers I think are perfect.

Keen to support one but just seeing how it panes out. 

I see a lot of people buying 10 or 20 slots which look like a waste of time. People should really take time to pool resources and get larger servers.

Some of the RP servers have excessive rules in place like pvp red zones, interact before engagement, bann on party chat etc. While I'd love more interaction and less KOS( I dont do this myself) too much red tape will suck the fun out these servers

I found a few cool RP servers which is essentially just vanilla dayz with no duping and cheating which suits me fine although these are likily going to he third person servers( I refuse to play 3rd person dayz) so will have to see what camera angle they will go with on release 

30 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

third person servers( I refuse to play 3rd person dayz) so will have to see what camera angle they will go with on release 

Same here. 

On 7/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, drgullen said:

You do realize that the DayZ devs live and work in the Czech Republic, right?  You do realize that at the time you posted this, none of them were at work because it's just gone sun up in that part of the world, right?  You do realize that this thread was started only about 14 hours before you posted this message, right?

Have some patience ffs -- @ImpulZ or someone else from BI will no doubt respond to these questions when they can.

Patience lol. Look through the forum mate and see how many questions have been asked of the devs and how many they answered then come talk to me. ImpulZ has only answered questions because his laziness has been called out. So take a step back and sit down have yourself a coke and maybe a smile if you feel the need to then hug someone close to you.

• Like 1

@ImpulZ

How does the night/cycle work? 

I'm worried about day/night cycle option, i thought we could pick a ratio like 4:1 day and night but it seems you can only change the value of times speed of the 24 hours. This will probably mean that if i increase daytime... night time will also increase? 

Or is there a check box for how many hours of night i want? 

5 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

100 person servers I think are perfect.

Keen to support one but just seeing how it panes out. 

I see a lot of people buying 10 or 20 slots which look like a waste of time. People should really take time to pool resources and get larger servers.

Some of the RP servers have excessive rules in place like pvp red zones, interact before engagement, bann on party chat etc. While I'd love more interaction and less KOS( I dont do this myself) too much red tape will suck the fun out these servers

I found a few cool RP servers which is essentially just vanilla dayz with no duping and cheating which suits me fine although these are likily going to he third person servers( I refuse to play 3rd person dayz) so will have to see what camera angle they will go with on release 

I agree that people should pool some funds, but they should still get a smaller server (30), make sure it has funding for a few months and agreement to increase if the pop grows.

Most everyone here and on reddit who is saying they will are getting a 100 slot server is in for a disappointment when they get 5 players. Sure, a few will prosper and be crazy busy, bust more will struggle to get players and will close up after a month. Especially on console (where you can't customize ANYTHING right now) you need to grow a community/discord along with the server pop.