mextrape

Serverhoping new location shit

Ive encountered this several times when im trying to play dayz. I start and log into my character. Im getting a new location because of the server hoping shit, and i spawn right next to another player that kills me before the game even loads in... Very frustrating when you gathered gear for hours and just want to play the game with some loot. The worst part is whem you se that other player in the eyes and try to draw your weapon, but the weapon wont draw. Then you get unconsios, if your lucky you wake up but then it takes like 10 seconds after you get up to draw another weapon again.

Thks just kills the game for me. Really sad because i love this game

//Mex

The reasoning this feature was added, was to prevent server hopping from combat, server hopping for loot & server hopping because of night. As for spawning near other players, that's just bad luck. I personally enjoy this feature (and yes, it's a feature not a bug) as it prevent's people like yourself from abusing the system. Be glad that your loot still carries over on a server hop. If anything I can use a server hop to get myself further north where the good gear is and then hop back to my intended server.  

My recomendation for you, is to get used to how the game is meant to be played or try out community servers, as there are 24/7 day servers, 5x loot servers but the best thing about it is that you can't server hop to safety from combat.

//Lyim 😛

14 hours ago, mextrape said:

Ive encountered this several times when im trying to play dayz. I start and log into my character. Im getting a new location because of the server hoping shit, and i spawn right next to another player that kills me before the game even loads in... Very frustrating when you gathered gear for hours and just want to play the game with some loot. The worst part is whem you se that other player in the eyes and try to draw your weapon, but the weapon wont draw. Then you get unconsios, if your lucky you wake up but then it takes like 10 seconds after you get up to draw another weapon again.

Thks just kills the game for me. Really sad because i love this game

//Mex

You can avoid the position reset by playing on the same server continuously. You will always receive a warning while connecting to a new server, where you have the option to cancel the connection.

That you are spawning right next to other players should theoretically not happen (or highly unlikely), but we will monitor this.

always try to play on one server, as there are my tents with loot, cars and mines against thieves

Community servers are the place to be! 🙂

On 7/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Ironically, in a way, they're the place to be because your char is tied to the server. Having lots of chars on the go at once (five in my case) is actually quite an upside...

On 7/23/2019 at 6:34 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Why Official servers are not the place to be? All the Community servers have strange shit modding on them like MORE GUNS!|ALL CARS!|TON OF LOOTS!|.RU

Edited by elaintahra

2 hours ago, elaintahra said:

Why Official servers are not the place to be? All the Community servers have strange shit modding on them like MORE GUNS!|ALL CARS!|TON OF LOOTS!|.RU

Apparently you've been joining the wrong community servers then. Community servers with less guns, balanced loot, more zombies is the way to go!

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, ImpulZ said:

You can avoid the position reset by playing on the same server continuously. You will always receive a warning while connecting to a new server, where you have the option to cancel the connection.

That you are spawning right next to other players should theoretically not happen (or highly unlikely), but we will monitor this.

People should NOT be forced to play on 1 public server. Why is there one big hive across multiple servers when you can only play at one server? The entire idea behind the public hive goes lost then. If I join a server, quit the game for 1 hour and go on another server, I should NOT be moved because I "server hopped".

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

56 minutes ago, IMT said:

People should NOT be forced to play on 1 public server. Why is there one big hive across multiple servers when you can only play at one server? The entire idea behind the public hive goes lost then. If I join a server, quit the game for 1 hour and go on another server, I should NOT be moved because I "server hopped".

You are not forced to play on only one server. But due to all the exploits related to server-hopping there is sadly no way around resetting players positions. The hive is there so that you can join your friends gaming sessions with your character (and hopefully you want to stay on the same server together). If you want to hop, you have to do it consciously, accepting the position reset.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

You are not forced to play on only one server. But due to all the exploits related to server-hopping there is sadly no way around resetting players positions. The hive is there so that you can join your friends gaming sessions with your character (and hopefully you want to stay on the same server together). If you want to hop, you have to do it consciously, accepting the position reset.

I understand that the measure is there but is there no time-out or what ever? If I play on Server X on day 1 and Server Y on day 2 and get moved because of that, that doesn't really make any sense plus it beats the point of the public hive.

• Beans 1

Not that I'm against this mechanic as I typically stick to one server anyway.  That said, when it gets to the point that it's not advisable to travel, I hide out and go do the dishes, check the forums, do some work, or play a different game. 

Why on earth is Bohemia Interactive trying to even solve the server hopping issue?   This is a universal and unsolvable,problem not exclusive to DayZ.  The world has accepted the fact that server hopping exists in games.

I get it, DayZ wants to be 'hardcore' and 'punishing' and all.  Why punish server hopping when there's a cascade of other, more urgent, issues at hand?  Nobody wants to play for days upon days and then end up in the far west, with lots of time invested, only to die to some bugged terrain, or other.  There are so many ways to regress in this game that is totally out of the players' control.

This is the 21st century.  Gamers dont want to sit in the dark, hiding, out of fear of exploring when they can't see anything.  Players know this will get them killed.  It's completely absurd to play the game in the dark, to the majority of your customers.  Much higher chance of getting killed to bugs or griefers.  People who want PVP aren't interested in sitting in the dark until it gets light out.  This is not catering your product for mass appeal, which is clearly what you want (see how the devs responded to Austrailia's ban???  Yea.  these devs cater.)   

You want the solution to server hopping?  Here it is:  Promote private shards.

Put on your big boy capitalism pants.  Just tell paying customers (on your official forums) that server hopping exists on public hives and let them deal.  We're grown up now.  We can handle it.  I've never experienced a game that doesn't want you to play it as much as DayZ.   

I guess I don't understand why the game has been out of beta for quite some time now and you're still making design decisions.   crazy.

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

I don't understand why the game has been out of beta for quite some time now and you're still making design decisions.

Sadly I think the answer to THAT is : "since DayZ came out the world changed"

I also have no problem with players changing server.  If they "hop" through ten servers at the same location to score loot - then that's boring for everyone except snipers. But that has gone on since Day-1 of DayZ. It's kind of one part of the game by now.  Everyone knows folk pop up at airfields and bases..  even the zombs know.
Telling players what TIME of DAY it is on the server list would help a LOT. A login or logout delay, or relocation,  for frequent server changes might discourage (or slow down)  "loot hopping" and might help against some kinds of duping.  But a server list that actually TELLS you what is on the server ATM would be a prerequisite. I mean it would be a good starting point.
Currently I look at the number of players on a server - if its over half full, its Daylight, if it's nearly empty it's Night. <duh>  But a USEFUL INFORMATIVE server list that worked 100% would be a good thing. Many folk seem to have problems with the list (reading the Forum comments).

Duping is obviously a bigger game spoiler than "players changing servers" 

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

Surely there has to be a better fix for duping than creating penalties for server hopping.   I mean a 'fix' to change player behavior is a shitty workaround for a technical issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

there is sadly no way around resetting players positions

How about not resetting the position until the third server switch within an hour, or if the player switches to another server and then back to the first within an hour??

Hey, how about instead of resetting their position, you just lock them out for an hour or two?  This way they can't abuse the ham-fisted mechanic for a free ride back to the coastal areas with all their high-end loot; bypassing the threat of other players as they exit a dangerous area with practically no stamina...

If someone wants to scour every inch of Tisy base, and then do it again on another server, they aren't hurting the game or other players very much.  If they want to do it twice, and move to a third server, they still aren't hurting the game or other players very much.
At some point, they will have more loot than they can carry...  Which server are they gonna put it on?  This might be a good point to step in and determine that game mechanics are being abused; if, and only if, they are stockpiling it nearby the base.  If you move them across the map, they just saved time getting back to their coastal re-gear stashes.

It's a poorly conceived system, and creates new potential for abuse, while punishing innocent players who may want to play with different friends throughout the day.

Saying that there's no other way...  Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

15 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Apparently you've been joining the wrong community servers then. Community servers with less guns, balanced loot, more zombies is the way to go!

Maybe you can name one or two? 

6 hours ago, elaintahra said:

Maybe you can name one or two? 

See my signature.

12 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

See my signature.

But the server in your sig doesn't seem to be active at all.   When and what is the peak population?

11 hours ago, Parazight said:

But the server in your sig doesn't seem to be active at all.   When and what is the peak population?

It's a low pop server.

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It's a low pop server.

So, low pop servers are the way to go?  Why? This is a PVP MMO.  What good is balance if no one plays on it?

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

So, low pop servers are the way to go?  Why? This is a PVP MMO.  What good is balance if no one plays on it?

If you like to PVP, that's up to you. My players and I like PVE. 

In the history of Dayz mod and Dayz SA, I've killed 1 player (Since 2013).

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, ImpulZ said:

So what you're saying is that you don't know how to figure it out and you're going to punish us instead...  Got it.  Really cool that if my servers full now I can't play thanks a lot what a great solution

Edited by skJF
Sp

Even better guys, the new system doesn't work either 😂😂😂 I drove my car west of kamenka, hit the tents, drove halfway up the west side of the map to a nice little spot....   Maybe an hour after I hit kamenka...  I log in this morning, I'm in kamenka...  How TF is it possible for you people to not be able to have this game in an even SLIGHTLY functioning state?  This is pathetic...  My first game in college ran 1000% better than this pile of trash...  It's sad, because if these devs were even somewhat slightly competent this would be such an amazing game. But instead it's an alpha-quality, buggy, pile of garbage and now we're getting punished for playing...  It's no wonder this game failed.  7 years and it's no better than it was day 1...  There's just more stuff.  Unbelievable...  And I'm still waiting for an excuse as to why it's acceptable to force people into not being able to play....