greggyt

Wipe Hype!!

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-july-2019

Finally. I can start playing the game again....

Private servers should be a godsend in terms of duping/server hoppers etc. All in all, them couple of lines for me are the most encouraging of any recent XB update.

Here's hoping.

Edited by greggyt
  • Like 4
  • Beans 1

Happy days with both wipes much needed and maybe finally we build communities without to much fear. Bring on the end of the month

cant wait for this so pleased hope all the fixes stop the shite thats been going on in this games for months now.... 

• Like 1

I had hoped for this Wednesday (once again), but I can wait an extra week if they deliver on all of that. 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

I had hoped for this Wednesday (once again), but I can wait an extra week if they deliver on all of that. 🙂

Like your optimism but given the last day of the month is a Wednesday .... that’s when it will be. 

yeah looks next week now doesnt it... last few days of dupers and meatballs then hopefully we can have the game back as it was with new features and less big town lag!!!

• Like 1

yeah im playing on the xboxonex aswell and its only slightly better but still not good for a full release game

• Like 1

be similar to the 1.04 pc one really apart from fixes i guess

As someone above said, I'm happy to wait longer if it means the issues are solved (helps that I'm away for a week from this Thursday!). Let's be honest, most issues can (hopefully) be solved with private servers and given these are coming my fingers are firmly crossed.

I do worry about an over saturation of servers much like Ark and it will also be interesting to see just how much control server owners have over them. I'd hope it is as much as PC but I guess it all depends who they choose to host them, Nitrado have not done a bad job with Ark servers and the owners get full control over pretty much everything. 

Hopefully this way the PVP/trolly players can have their mega boosted insta geared servers and the better, real Dayz players can have theirs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greggyt said:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-july-2019

Finally. I can start playing the game again....

Private servers should be a godsend in terms of duping/server hoppers etc. All in all, them couple of lines for me are the most encouraging of any recent XB update.

Here's hoping.

If you think you'll love private servers, let me tell you, vanilla servers will dissapoint you. People hoarde guns inside their tents and since guns never see light of a day, they don't spawn anymore.

17 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I wonder what the dlc is that they mention, new maps maybe? 

If you look in the much bigger barracks the 2 story ones an i think the new trail maps all over the game, it shows a big map with multiple areas and it has the map we play on an i do believe areas from arma... Not 100%. But i have a feeling the they are going to just add to the map an make it bigger with the locations on the map i was talking about. I think it would be cool. 

• Beans 1

If I'm not mistaken the hoarded weapons in tents or buried will not long count against the loot economy. Only what's being carried. I cant not say for certain since it's been almost 2 months since I saw that posted. 

3 hours ago, GolemNo9 said:

If I'm not mistaken the hoarded weapons in tents or buried will not long count against the loot economy. Only what's being carried. I cant not say for certain since it's been almost 2 months since I saw that posted. 

Any items/weapons/gear not used for 5 days (buried in drybag, stashed in barrels or tents) should despawn imo. 

Basically anything you are not carrying with you. 

This game is not about hoarding. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Any items/weapons/gear not used for 5 days (buried in drybag, stashed in barrels or tents) should despawn imo. 

Basically anything you are not carrying with you. 

This game is not about hoarding. 

Shit we live from stuff in our tents tho. I hoard food, drinks an ammo. Whatever else we can find.

7 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Shit we live from stuff in our tents tho. I hoard food, drinks an ammo. Whatever else we can find.

But you can find it again can't you? 

If items you have hoarded despawn, just take a small roadtrip and gather new supplies. 

I don’t think we ever hang around our base for more than a few hours and that's because we were building fences. 

Lol. It's funny to see everyone get their hopes up over this next patch and wipes. Yea the wipes will rotate the clock back to 0 and the new features will make duping slower but probably not. They're already duping on PC. The devs themselves have said a true fix to duping is unlikely to ever happen. Let's also not forget about gear stacking. This has not even been addressed that I've seen and doubling down on plate carriers is just as game breaking as duping is. I've been playing dayz since the mod and I'm here to tell you all that this is a speed bump in the cheater duper super highway. This wont stop them. This wont deter them. This will only motivate them to do more. These arent dumb kids that want instant gratification. These are people actively ruining the game on purpose. Because that's how they play this game. It's what they find enjoyable about this game.

6 minutes ago, Acids House said:

Lol. It's funny to see everyone get their hopes up over this next patch and wipes. Yea the wipes will rotate the clock back to 0 and the new features will make duping slower but probably not. They're already duping on PC. The devs themselves have said a true fix to duping is unlikely to ever happen. Let's also not forget about gear stacking. This has not even been addressed that I've seen and doubling down on plate carriers is just as game breaking as duping is. I've been playing dayz since the mod and I'm here to tell you all that this is a speed bump in the cheater duper super highway. This wont stop them. This wont deter them. This will only motivate them to do more. These arent dumb kids that want instant gratification. These are people actively ruining the game on purpose. Because that's how they play this game. It's what they find enjoyable about this game.

Duping is barely an issue on PC anymore. Also, most serious players use single hive community servers. Where behaviour can be policed, and bans can be issued. Since private servers are coming to console, I think the duping heyday will be over.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:30 PM, ThePugman said:

@DayzDayzFanboy Check their Twitter ‘replies’. It’s heavily implied that it will be a new map.

Do you think that will be a whole new separate map? or the existing map just being extended?

@Duck SoloSeparate map. The most likely rumour is that it will be Livonia, which is a map recently added to Arma 3. Have a look at this video. Most of the assets are from DayZ.

Edited by ThePugman

Or....... Maybe it's the contact dlc?!! 😮

Aliens AND zombies! 

• Haha 1