greggyt

Wipe Hype!!

7 hours ago, bent.toe said:

But you can find it again can't you? 

If items you have hoarded despawn, just take a small roadtrip and gather new supplies. 

I don’t think we ever hang around our base for more than a few hours and that's because we were building fences. 

Since the beginning of july we haven't really been at base because of broken game, been on the coast.... But when it was first released as 1.0 and even a lil b4 1.0 me and my crew just build well set up tents ,no need for fences since you can ghost, an just try to live far inland an meet more people who play this like a true survival game. Yeah we will die from pvp or pve but we have gear in our tents from legit going from military base to base on high pop servers, it gives us the immersion we like of wondering if some is just camped in the next room. But most of my 15 man group has stopped playing so its just been 3 of us but we do the same but yes yes will get back lash,but after trying to go legit for so long with nothing we caved in an yes duped. But only go out to kill bambi hunters. Why we at coast😈😈😂🤣. Main thing im trying to say is if things just start to disappear because I WORK ALOT an dont have time to see if we got raided or just off for more then a week imma have to get on to do stupid shit not worth my time. What ever happen to offline base defense like Ark Survival with Plant X or turrets. I dont know, i like the stuff i get an after having so many people with me keeping up on food an armor is a hassle after you spend Hours apon hours on Day just for it to disappear.

4 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Duck SoloSeparate map. The most likely rumour is that it will be Livonia, which is a map recently added to Arma 3. Have a look at this video. Most of the assets are from DayZ.

Ill still put my money on the DLC being a Battle Royale-mode for DayZ.

That map you just referred to if also for another game, not for DayZ - its the same developer though but ARMA3 ain't DayZ.

They have already posted some info about it, so that would make most sense in my mind.

Edited by Jonas Levin

7 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Duping is barely an issue on PC anymore. Also, most serious players use single hive community servers. Where behaviour can be policed, and bans can be issued. Since private servers are coming to console, I think the duping heyday will be over.

Duping isn't an issue on PC but not because it cant be done. Duping is an actual exploitable issue on PC that just isn't utilized like it is on console. Dont kid yourself for one second thinking that duping is just going to go away on console. And as I said previously, gear stacking and tent stacking is still an unaddressed issue.

Yea private servers. Have fun being stuffed in a box and made to play as your admin sees fit. Have fun being banned for being too good or having too much loot stashed or killing/raiding the wrong person. The power private servers give will be abused as it always has been. Private servers are usually only fun when you are looking to play on populated non pvp servers and you want to play the game as your told. That shit isn't for me. People use private servers to do away with pvp and basically other things in the game that they dont like. Even though that is all part of what dayz is about. 

• Like 1

@Acids House That's a... Unique opinion you have there. 

I play primarily on community servers and have never experienced any of the problems you are talking about. 

And to say people use private servers to do away with PVP and other things they don't like. I'm sorry, you completely lost me there. My favourite community servers are vanilla. The great thing about private servers is the variety. DayZ is a game that can be played in many different ways. There will always be a server out there that caters to your needs.

It sounds to me like you're making a big deal about duping, but you also don't want servers to policed... Don't get it mate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@Acids House That's a... Unique opinion you have there. 

I play primarily on community servers and have never experienced any of the problems you are talking about. 

And to say people use private servers to do away with PVP and other things they don't like. I'm sorry, you completely lost me there. My favourite community servers are vanilla. The great thing about private servers is the variety. DayZ is a game that can be played in many different ways. There will always be a server out there that caters to your needs.

It sounds to me like you're making a big deal about duping, but you also don't want servers to policed... Don't get it mate.

I dont mind servers being policed. But man in my experience it's been negative. That policing turns into militarization sometimes. And if the duping on console is any indication of our community then I dont see private servers necessarily being a good thing. Granted I haven't played on PC in a while but my experience on private hives has been less than desirable. Only time will tell in this case I suppose. 😃

Edited by Acids House

@Acids HouseFair enough, you can only go by what you've experienced, as can I.

Bear in mind that PC had its fair share of shitty community members, back when duping was rife. I think it's harsh to judge the Xbox community based on Official servers, because you all kinds of idiots on there. More serious players tend to play Community. There are also servers on PC I avoid like the plague, due to their reputation. I only really play on a handful that suit me. 

Also, one of best server owners on PC has previously said they'd be interested in running an Xbox server, so I think the future is bright. As you say, time will tell 👍

• Like 2

@ThePugman Wow i really hope it is, it looks beautiful, i especially like the wheat fields.. reminds me of ukraine. Saw another video from the recommended list i thought was abit better of a preview. Heres the link for anyone whos further interested.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1