ImpulZ

Status Report - July 2019

On 7/19/2019 at 1:37 AM, exwoll said:

DUG is a good case example inside the game. They decided to go HC even when no one wanted that at the time, but it was the only opportunity to be "different" from every other server out there. Now look at them, planning on launching extra servers because they cant copy with the people who want to play the game and the new players attracted by a harsher experience. 

What game is that?

Anyway I'm a massive fan of Dayz PVE. I play on a number of PVE servers however the one I like the most is Ozbime and thats because its extremely difficult! loot is scarce, there's no stamina/run mods or inventory mods so you have to manage your inv space well. AND they have lots of zeds and everywhere! ie. the zeds are much more difficult to kill and there are lots of them esp in towns and mil bases. Not only that, the server owner also has them spawning in fields - you can imagine my surprise (and I pee'd a little) when running around in the dark with a flare only to bump into 2 of them!! Players usually say Dayz isn't meant for PVE but it can and should be - its the perfect platform. It should be a hardcore survival game first (which it sort of is esp when loot is rare and you're thirsty/hungry/freezing) before any PVP elements. There are so many bugs that need to be sorted esp the current state of the vehicles. however it IS a fun game esp when you have lots of zeds so that you do your best not to fire your weapon. Thats what Dayz should be. 

• Beans 1

On 7/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, aux7 said:

re DLC and new maps, Spaggie already has Deer Isle on vanilla. Doesnt seem to be so popular, its running between 10 and 20 players max daily . ..

A possibility that might work (ok, for me) is if you buy the vanilla, you get Chernarus, if you buy the DLC you get an extension to the map and possible higher tier weapons etc (The whole south Zagoria/ChernoRussia map with mountains, cold climate and other terrain). For me, because of the way DayZ is a "long strategy game" with no real endgame, an extension to the current map allows people with time invested in the current map to continue and go further (from a DayZ total player base over the years to present of 4m players). I would buy this.  New players can learn the ropes on the base Chernarus map. So you could go off into the wilds in the new map and build bases etc, without necessarily being disturbed by those players interested in the short game  .. .

Damn! 

That Sounds so awesome. That would be the ultimate bad ass dlc imo. 

I've asked for more harsh conditions, snow, zero degrees, rocky mountains, better weapons and wintee camo etc. as an extension of Chernarus above tisy and the whole north part of the map. A place where the real hardcore players dare to survive. 

Would be great. 

Here is my thread about it back in december. 

@bent.toeHave you read much about Namalsk? It’s supposed to have extreme weather conditions which play a big part in the survival experience. 

@aux7 I know Deer Isle and other maps suffer from low pop, and it’s sad. Although, I don’t think you can compare a mod to an official dev-made map. Official maps will always have higher pop for convenience alone. Plus, people will want their money’s worth from paid DLC.

Its weird because Dere Isle’s pop implies that it’s bad, but it’s actually amazing.

If people see Deer Isle with, say, 3 players, they won’t play it (myself included), and it becomes a vicious circle. Higher numbers allow map pops to snowball. 

Edited by ThePugman

5 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@bent.toeHave you read much about Namalsk? It’s supposed to have extreme weather conditions which play a big part in the survival experience 

I did... Wont help me much though, since i'm on console. 

Would be (imo) even better if we got an extension of Chernarus that everyone could see but only the ones that bought the dlc could enter to. Kind of a hardcore survival place with zero degrees, snow, blizzards, bears, pumas etc. 

47 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Would be (imo) even better if we got an extension of Chernarus that everyone could see but only the ones that bought the dlc could enter to. Kind of a hardcore survival place with zero degrees, snow, blizzards, bears, pumas etc. 

Mehhhh i don't know about splitting the playerbase like that.. What happens if you're chasing someone and they go to a dlc area? Get a pop up telling you that you don't have the required dlc lol? Why not just have a new official map at that point? Sounds more like a free game buissness move to me. 

Edited by Robzom11

37 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

Mehhhh i don't know about splitting the playerbase like that.. What happens if you're chasing someone and they go to a dlc area? Get a pop up telling you that you don't have the required dlc lol? Why not just have a new official map at that point? Sounds more like a free game buissness move to me. 

LOL, true... Did not think about that. 

But on the subject of splitting the player base, don’t you think the same will happen with a new map? I doubt many would play Chernarus... I'm more for expanding Chernarus. 

6 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

But on the subject of splitting the player base, don’t you think the same will happen with a new map? I doubt many would play Chernarus... I'm more for expanding Chernarus. 

exactly, if the new dlc is a map it will split the player base, and some will and some wont . . . I would like to bring my friends with me, but that wont be possible for everyone. So to keep it on the same server run both maps in parallel for those with the DLC .. .  the border could be a variant of the mist, so to someone without the DLC, I would be disappearing into thick fog at the border

23 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

But on the subject of splitting the player base, don’t you think the same will happen with a new map? 

Ya but a separate map wouldn't split the playerbase on every Chernarus server, like a paid expansion for Chernarus would. It just doesn't sit right with me.

23 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I doubt many would play Chernarus... I'm more for expanding Chernarus. 

pc might have this problem as they've been playing the same map for awhile, but i doubt Chernarus servers will ever die due to one paid dlc, especially on console. I feel you though.

Well,

All of that discussions seems very creative and interesting as I was reading everything to try understanding what will happen for the end of the month, but concerning the main subject, "what will happen" I feel like a stupid blind reader,

I mean, I don't understand correctly the waht is contained in the update, espacially for console gamers as I am, I always heard about DayZ and was dreaming to play it, but never had the occasion to play due to my hardware, X Box One, and when I've been able to get I did! and don't regret...EVEN REGARDING ALL OF THE BUGS TO FIX

Because Yes! the game is far to be ready to play correctly on X box, Yes there is critical frustrating bugs make the game horrible to play sometimes, but what are the competition about this level of gameplay? So I just wonder WHERE ARE WE as console gamers?

I'm not able to identify the correct situation, as there is no french version of the topic and because my english is not so fluent even do I have reputation to get higher level than a standard french guy,

So please, let me know if I'm wrong:

• Console will have an update at the end of July
  • This will lead the console version to get the 1.04 version of the game?
  • This will lead the console version to get the 0.63 version of the engine?
  • This will bring all the PC version missing content to the Console players?
  • This lead to postpone all of the promised features claimed by players since?
  • This lead to focus on debugging until end of 2019 to the devs before including any new features in order to ensure stable version to restart implementing anything

I can easily understand that PC players have a better treatments and are one step forward than Console version, but wouldn't be simpliest and more understandable to make board of different features and conditions between the versions?

I'm not even sure I well understood the last news update so much it's not clear at all, the only thing I've been able to understand is how and why the PC version is higher and better than Console one what I don't care due to the fact I would only focus on Console status without any stupid and illogic jealousy,

The Game is great, it just need work to be done, and as industrial designer, I know how complex and hard it can be to manage a project of that kind and that content,

Best regards and bravoury to the devs, and F*** *** potential Claiming Trolls who want everything immediatly, paying something regardless "Conditions" is not an excuse to yell and bash,

Thanks

3 hours ago, Hadryen84 said:

So please, let me know if I'm wrong:

• Console will have an update at the end of July

Yes, provided it is accepted by both Sony and Microsoft.  In fact, I believe it's in their hands right now, so unless it's rejected, you should get it any day now.

• This will lead the console version to get the 1.04 version of the game?

Yes.

• This will lead the console version to get the 0.63 version of the engine?

The .63 version of the engine you already have.  .63 was the first PC build using the game's new engine.  It has been tweaked and balanced since .63, but even where you are currently on 1.02, you are using "the new engine".

• This will bring all the PC version missing content to the Console players?

In theory, yes.  Despite what Bohemia has said, I think console builds are always going to be a bit behind where the PC builds are for two reasons: 1)  It makes more sense to develop on the PC platform and port it over to consoles rather than try to develop on multiple platforms which would quickly become a nightmare to manage and 2) It is much easier to get an update approved and ready to download on Steam than it is on either of the console platforms.

For example, if a major bug is found, a patch for that will always come to PC before either console platform will get it.  In a way, this is a good thing for console players -- Bohemia are famous for fixing one thing while breaking three others in a patch trying to fix problems.  A patch like that wouldn't be approved for console, so while it's frustrating for console players to have to wait, in the end, they are getting a better-quality patch than they would have otherwise.

• This lead to postpone all of the promised features claimed by players since?

I don't really understand what you mean here, but certainly, they have gone back on some of the features that were originally intended to be in the game (i.e. .62 parity).

• This lead to focus on debugging until end of 2019 to the devs before including any new features in order to ensure stable version to restart implementing anything

Basically, yes.

The fact that they showed us a picture of climbing/vaulting probably means they are getting close to implementing that, so I'm hopeful we'll see that sometime in 2019.  I wouldn't bet on much else though.

• Like 1

Climbing...oooo i was waiting for this long time...please also trees you are doing a great job

21 hours ago, pharoah said:

What game is that?

Dayz Underground. It is really great from what I have heard. Have to try it out one of these days!

Edited by Brandon Clinch

Thanks a lot @drgullen !! that is absolutly clear for me now and I understand better what is the situation and why some comments are there, thanks a lot for all, I just have to know understand what is this "0.62 parity"

1 hour ago, Hadryen84 said:

Thanks a lot @drgullen !! that is absolutly clear for me now and I understand better what is the situation and why some comments are there, thanks a lot for all, I just have to know understand what is this "0.62 parity"

0.62 had features that aren't in the game currently (removed for the new engine). Parity means an equal counterpart. 0.62 parity means features from 0.62 coming back into current DayZ.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Just Caused said:

Me buying game in early access has absolutely nothing to do with buying DLC later on (if I decide to). 

Yes it does... You bought an entirely unfinished game to start with. Why is DLC on an unfinished game any different?

BI doesn’t care about “a spit in the face” or “disrespect.” That only sounds silly and laughable. They won’t care until they start losing money.

They’re adding a map. It’s irrelevant to gameplay. You’re bitching for no reason 

Just keep holding your petty “disrespect” pitchfork and continue wasting your breath. 

“I’m a DayZ veteran” 

Put it on your fucking resume dude

1 hour ago, mattdmg said:

Yes it does... You bought an entirely unfinished game to start with. Why is DLC on an unfinished game any different?

BI doesn’t care about “a spit in the face” or “disrespect.” That only sounds silly and laughable. They won’t care until they start losing money.

They’re adding a map. It’s irrelevant to gameplay. You’re bitching for no reason 

Just keep holding your petty “disrespect” pitchfork and continue wasting your breath. 

“I’m a DayZ veteran” 

Put it on your fucking resume dude

I'm not even gonna bother to reply anymore.

• Haha 1

I was told there'd be helicopters, not impressed.

Not surprised either at this point.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

29 minutes ago, trey247-85 said:

Is there a set date for the 1.04 update for PS4?

Read here:

9 hours ago, drgullen said:

Read here:

I did see that it’s set for the end of July. I was just wondering if anyone had a set date since PlayStation made them resubmit the update

I want to thank the Bohemia Interactive team in advance for their hard work and dedication to entertaining us with their excellent and excellent games produced, especially Dayz, amid so many modern games he stands out for the quality of its details, survival mechanics and variety of options.  , An exciting and undoubtedly exciting game that causes a great adrenaline rush with physical and psychological emotions in its users.  We look forward to the new update and to private servers.  We look forward to new weapons, varieties of cars and animals, more server stability and smooth rendering.  Thank you all hug ... Survive!

When I read this:

Q: Why not announce the upcoming features?
A: The current development cycle doesn't allow us to communicate too far ahead of an update as we keep our schedule flexible, because anything can – and does – happen, and we need to be able to effectively deal with any unforeseen developments.

I know the exact reason why people are waiting this long for stuff to be implemented.

If you set no goals, you will not pursue them. If you set no deadlines for features to be implemented, it will have the exact same outcome as the previous.  It's better to miss a deadline then to not set a deadline at all.

It seems that the Dev's really want me to play at night. However, I can't fight zombies at night in any reasonable manner. Until the ability to hold a one-handed light source at the same time as a one-handed weapon is implemented, I will continue to server hop, and I really hate server hopping now. Please, address this, Bohemia. Thank you.