Porcelain_Punisher

Developers cater to people with no life outside of this game

To start this off, I just want to say a few positives about this game. I love the idea of this game and think that it is unique and its been very fun to play, even though you spent most of your time running long distances with no productivity. The game play and firefights are tense and a bit more immersive (I prefer milsim type games rather than run and gun games like COD or Halo), so this game works well for me. I like sandbox games where you can play however you want, even though people don't understand this and complain a lot. In DAYZ, you have the option to go alone or with friends and just survive and build stuff. You have the option to be a ruthless pirate and ambush and take peoples stuff. You also have the option to be a weirdo and tie people up and torture them if that's your thing. You can kill anyone but you can also make friends.

With that all being said, I have a busy life outside of my Xbox. I'm a big time gamer, but I also don't have the time to invest in a game all day and night long. I do prefer games of this nature rather than fast paced games like COD, so why can't people like me enjoy this game thoroughly as well. For example, this game is based during modern times after a zombie outbreak. Its setting is in a ex soviet country that has multiple military camps and dead zombie soldiers. There are also roadblocks, police stations, police cars littered all over the map. So, why is it near impossible to find at least an AK and decent gear in a reasonable amount of time. Considering the setting, it is absolutely unreasonable and unrealistic how rare these decent guns are to find. I can understand it is hard to find an M4, as M4s are western weapons. However, me and a buddy ran to every base on the map multiple times over the last 5 days and have yet to find a single AK? 

The problem with dupers is that they want to enjoy the game in the time they have. They have lives and cant play a game all night just to find a single weapon that they are highly likely to die and lose soon after. Put a few more guns on the map. Put a few more camps and stuff near the coast for those seeking the more tactical gear. Not a 30 min walk in land. Im not asking to make this game easier by any means. What I'm asking is that you not just cater to people with no lives outside of this game. Consider a happy medium for those that want to enjoy the game a few hours here and there.

I stopped playing this game about 2 months before the full release because it was just a pain with the bugs, lag and wipes. I just happily returned to the game 6 days ago. In 6 days of playing here and there and nonstop looting,  I should have had a decent outfit and at least an AK with enough ammo to sustain a quick firefight to defend myself and now I should be off minding my business and working on building a camp to survice for the long haul. NOPE! instead I've done nothing but run to every corner of the map nonstop to every single military camp and base. I've yet to find a single gun other than a crappy MP5 with 3 whole mags and mosin with little ammo, haven't found a single military backpack and still rolling with a bright red mountain pack. Every single military location and even tried on different servers. 

They need more loot in more places to accommodate the players like me that still want to enjoy the game on a tight schedule. They only cater to kids with no lives that only play video games and can spend their whole day and night just running around looking for gear and guns. People complain about server hopping but don't realize that some of us have to server hop just to enjoy the game because we don't have the time to invest in running for 60 minutes to MAYBE find a gun on the other side of the map. What your fix to server hopping? Oh yea, locking your character to a server. That makes a ton of sense cause what if I want to meet a buddy on his server to play with him. What if my server is night time and Im not interested to play at night cause they make it too dark and I dont have the time to sit there and find my way around. 

Moral of the story is add some more loot. Maybe dupers wouldnt have been such an issue from the start.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

The game's brilliant, love it. I also hate it. It's not helping when you see all the videos on youtube. Yes, they're almost all from modded servers with increased loot but damn this is not the state it should be on xbox. For weeks I've found fuck all. I remember when you could find an assault rifle from the single tents at Elektro/Berezino. Coming out from the barracs at Solnicniy meant christmas. Last time I found one was month ago at the launch day, actually found both right next to each other. That's how it should be and that's probably one reason people are losing interest.

Game doesn't need more loot. It needs BI to fix duping. This would solve your problem. Adding more loot and mil zones to the map will just add more kill zones. Loot needs to be rare, just not THIS rare.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

if you want an ak or an m4, go towards someone who is shooting one, and take it. 

last three lives I've found an mp5 and couple mags within an hour of spawning(for real mp5 and fx pistol are literally everywhere) , and then used it to kill someone with better gear. 

eg yesterday decided to go to dochino military base, just got to stary sobor and someone took a shot at me, we played cat and mouse for 15mins and now I have his m4, plate vest, combat helmet etc etc all within 2 hours of being a fresh spawn on the coast! 

Moral of the story, don't loot where every other player is looting, loot the players themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Game doesn't need more loot. It needs BI to fix duping. This would solve your problem. Adding more loot and mil zones to the map will just add more kill zones. Loot needs to be rare, just not THIS rare.

No, we needed more loot long before duping became a major problem. Not alot more, just more. Atleast in more locations would be better. Military camps all across the maps and you could only find a decent gun or bag at a select few. There are what, 60 people in a server? That's a few select places to find good stuff where 59 other people ransacked already. Then people have the audacity to complain about server hopping. Less rare loot = less server hoping and less need to try duping. 

Ok, maybe duping is a huge reason to why it's harder to find aks and m4s, but the developers also made them more rare as well which definitely didnt help matters. Duping apparently causes the game to see too many of a gun on the server so there is less respawning of that weapon. So they release a patch which is supposed to fix the duping issue. Yet they didnt wipe the servers like they should have to eliminate the stored guns? Some fix that was. You eliminated the alleged cause but you didnt rectify it. 

Just now, Nitroglycerine said:

if you want an ak or an m4, go towards someone who is shooting one, and take it. 

last three lives I've found an mp5 and couple mags within an hour of spawning(for real mp5 and fx pistol are literally everywhere) , and then used it to kill someone with better gear. 

eg yesterday decided to go to dochino military base, just got to stary sobor and someone took a shot at me, we played cat and mouse for 15mins and now I have his m4, plate vest, combat helmet etc etc all within 2 hours of being a fresh spawn on the coast! 

Moral of the story, don't loot where every other player is looting, loot the players themselves. 

So your logic and fix to this is to have to go kill someone with an ak just to be able to have one? That's nothing more than a bandaid to the problem here and it's also very flawed because you cant just snap your fingers and find other players to kill.

Trust me, me and my buddies play this game because we like the survival aspect but our main style of play is to set ambushes and find firefights. We have killed quite a few people since we started playing again last week, but so far none of them had an ak or m4. And that was away from the coast too. Also, as I said before about time applies to this as well. We've played on nights where we went hunting for people in high medium and low servers. We would go from military camps to large cities and in between. As I said in my OP, not everyone can devote their life to a video game, sometimes even finding people to fight takes time. So relying on looting other people is not a fix

As in said before though, the game is fun and a great idea (besides all the bugs and glitches). The main problem is just that they cater to only one part of the gaming community that has a ton of time on their hand to play. There are plenty of guys I know that love the more serious milsim type games and would love to play this but they wont because it takes way to long to find decent stuff. And it's really not worth the time invested if you die. Dont get me wrong, for this game, I like the aspect of losing your loot when you die because it gives me more of a reason to fight and survive and makes firefights even more intense. It just shouldn't be this damn hard to regain that lost loot. A week worth of searching and still no AK is a fine example 

• Beans 1

55 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Ok, maybe duping is a huge reason to why it's harder to find aks and m4s, but the developers also made them more rare as well which definitely didnt help matters. Duping apparently causes the game to see too many of a gun on the server so there is less respawning of that weapon. So they release a patch which is supposed to fix the duping issue. Yet they didnt wipe the servers like they should have to eliminate the stored guns? Some fix that was. You eliminated the alleged cause but you didnt rectify it. 

Btw they didn't fix duping, they just made it easier. And yes, I've been saying we need a wipe as well. Even made a thread telling BI the same thing. Think they listened? Lol 1.02

50 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

As in said before though, the game is fun and a great idea (besides all the bugs and glitches). The main problem is just that they cater to only one part of the gaming community that has a ton of time on their hand to play. There are plenty of guys I know that love the more serious milsim type games and would love to play this but they wont because it takes way to long to find decent stuff. And it's really not worth the time invested if you die. Dont get me wrong, for this game, I like the aspect of losing your loot when you die because it gives me more of a reason to fight and survive and makes firefights even more intense. It just shouldn't be this damn hard to regain that lost loot. A week worth of searching and still no AK is a fine example 

This is due to duping. Has nothing to do with catering to certain players.

If you believe other wise, I have nothing else to say.

• Beans 5

3 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Duping apparently causes the game to see too many of a gun on the server so there is less respawning of that weapon

I have to correct you.  Duping causes ZERO respawning of that weapon......not less respawning.

33 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I have to correct you.  Duping causes ZERO respawning of that weapon......not less respawning.

Not true. The occasional odd M4 or AK will spawn despite duping. Just very rarely. It all depends on how many guns have been duped on said server...

11 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

To start this off, I just want to say a few positives about this game. I love the idea of this game and think that it is unique and its been very fun to play, even though you spent most of your time running long distances with no productivity. The game play and firefights are tense and a bit more immersive (I prefer milsim type games rather than run and gun games like COD or Halo), so this game works well for me. I like sandbox games where you can play however you want, even though people don't understand this and complain a lot. In DAYZ, you have the option to go alone or with friends and just survive and build stuff. You have the option to be a ruthless pirate and ambush and take peoples stuff. You also have the option to be a weirdo and tie people up and torture them if that's your thing. You can kill anyone but you can also make friends.

With that all being said, I have a busy life outside of my Xbox. I'm a big time gamer, but I also don't have the time to invest in a game all day and night long. I do prefer games of this nature rather than fast paced games like COD, so why can't people like me enjoy this game thoroughly as well. For example, this game is based during modern times after a zombie outbreak. Its setting is in a ex soviet country that has multiple military camps and dead zombie soldiers. There are also roadblocks, police stations, police cars littered all over the map. So, why is it near impossible to find at least an AK and decent gear in a reasonable amount of time. Considering the setting, it is absolutely unreasonable and unrealistic how rare these decent guns are to find. I can understand it is hard to find an M4, as M4s are western weapons. However, me and a buddy ran to every base on the map multiple times over the last 5 days and have yet to find a single AK? 

The problem with dupers is that they want to enjoy the game in the time they have. They have lives and cant play a game all night just to find a single weapon that they are highly likely to die and lose soon after. Put a few more guns on the map. Put a few more camps and stuff near the coast for those seeking the more tactical gear. Not a 30 min walk in land. Im not asking to make this game easier by any means. What I'm asking is that you not just cater to people with no lives outside of this game. Consider a happy medium for those that want to enjoy the game a few hours here and there.

I stopped playing this game about 2 months before the full release because it was just a pain with the bugs, lag and wipes. I just happily returned to the game 6 days ago. In 6 days of playing here and there and nonstop looting,  I should have had a decent outfit and at least an AK with enough ammo to sustain a quick firefight to defend myself and now I should be off minding my business and working on building a camp to survice for the long haul. NOPE! instead I've done nothing but run to every corner of the map nonstop to every single military camp and base. I've yet to find a single gun other than a crappy MP5 with 3 whole mags and mosin with little ammo, haven't found a single military backpack and still rolling with a bright red mountain pack. Every single military location and even tried on different servers. 

They need more loot in more places to accommodate the players like me that still want to enjoy the game on a tight schedule. They only cater to kids with no lives that only play video games and can spend their whole day and night just running around looking for gear and guns. People complain about server hopping but don't realize that some of us have to server hop just to enjoy the game because we don't have the time to invest in running for 60 minutes to MAYBE find a gun on the other side of the map. What your fix to server hopping? Oh yea, locking your character to a server. That makes a ton of sense cause what if I want to meet a buddy on his server to play with him. What if my server is night time and Im not interested to play at night cause they make it too dark and I dont have the time to sit there and find my way around. 

Moral of the story is add some more loot. Maybe dupers wouldnt have been such an issue from the start.

Thats just the thing, the spawn rate for AR's is like 33% which isnt actually horrible, but because theyre all being hoarded by dupers the spawn rate is less than 1, if dupers all just stopped duping, people would find AR's the economy would be healthy as intended, but instead they feel the need to be the only people with ARs, as for making it easier to access from the coast spawns i do not want that, people already get geared up pretty decently quick, not to mention you can get a few good guns from civi loot anyways, mosin, shotgun, handguns, not to mention geared fresh spawn campers are already a plague, id like that they dont become more plentiful

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

The problem with dupers is that they want to enjoy the game in the time they have...

A big disagreement from me here. I see DayZ as an adventure game with PvP only being a part of it, similar to an MMO. The XBox cheaters not just spoil the loot economy, but really make for a toxic community compared to PC...whether on purpose or not.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

12 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

The problem with dupers is that they want to enjoy the game in the time they have.

The problem about duping with players who don't dupe is they want to enjoy the game in the time they have without duping 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, McPhorce said:

Not true. The occasional odd M4 or AK will spawn despite duping. Just very rarely. It all depends on how many guns have been duped on said server...

From the mouths of the developers themselves, and I'm paraphrasing, "There is a set number of items that can appear in any one instance (server), and will not respawn unless another despawns".  The devs have stated that duping DOES affect loot spawning.  If an M4 or AK, or whatever does spawn, that's because one on that server was destroyed somehow.

6 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

This is due to duping. Has nothing to do with catering to certain players.

If you believe other wise, I have nothing else to say.

This game has long catered to certain gamers long before duping was a major issue. It did when the game first released on console and it did on PC as well. I've been playing it for a long time and it's always been then way. Duping or no duping. 

Are dupers to blame for anything, yes. They are not the only problem though. Their reason for duping is the same thing I'm complaining about. The game is designed for people with no live. If you believe otherwise, then perhaps you need to take a look at your own and find something to do other than play dayz all day lol

2 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Thats just the thing, the spawn rate for AR's is like 33% which isnt actually horrible, but because theyre all being hoarded by dupers the spawn rate is less than 1, if dupers all just stopped duping, people would find AR's the economy would be healthy as intended, but instead they feel the need to be the only people with ARs, as for making it easier to access from the coast spawns i do not want that, people already get geared up pretty decently quick, not to mention you can get a few good guns from civi loot anyways, mosin, shotgun, handguns, not to mention geared fresh spawn campers are already a plague, id like that they dont become more plentiful

Ok, I agree and disagree. I agree that duping is an issue and I've already said that. I agree that the game doesnt need to make loot too much easier to find and that it already didnt take long to get decent gear. What I dont agree with is duping being the sole reason for issues and I dont agree that we don't need military camps or AR spawn points closer to shore. I'm not asking for a military base on the shore, I'm just saying 1 or 2 site with a few tents that will spawn and AR. 

I'm not interested in having to kill my self 20 times just to get a spawn point closest to a good route. I actually would prefer luck of the draw on a respawn. What I dont particularly care for is still having to run 15 to 20 minutes inland just to get to the first military camp (which are the only places to find an AR), then loot 1 to 5 tents that have already been ransacked by 59 other players.  My point is that there is no reason not to leave a few extra tens and a few extra guns around. Duping is irrelevant as this has been an issue long before duping was. Yes duping is now an issue, but I'm saying that this has all been a problem since before. so lets stop beating a dead horse

4 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

I actually would prefer luck of the draw on a respawn

I would like to see a total and complete random respawn ANYWHERE on the map, and not the fixed spawn points.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I would like to see a total and complete random respawn ANYWHERE on the map, and not the fixed spawn points.

I've said that before too but unless they spread good loot out across the map instead of a few select places, then I'd rather the coast spawns. So I agree and disagree.  

2 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

A big disagreement from me here. I see DayZ as an adventure game with PvP only being a part of it, similar to an MMO. The XBox cheaters not just spoil the loot economy, but really make for a toxic community compared to PC...whether on purpose or not.

I'll agree there. Console players tend to be more "toxic" than on PC. I've played both and that's what I've seen. I agree that dayz is adventure game and pvp is only part. I mentioned that in my OP. I like that I can go alone and survive and build. I also like that I can hunt other people. I like open world sandbox games like this one. We haven't disagreed on anything so idk what you say we disagree about haha. 

To get rid of dupers... The devs just need to add more of everything. No point in duplicating anything if you find it within 10 minutes. 

Who cares if everyone is running around fully geared, firefights will happen sooner or later anyways. 

If you ask me they should put 100% team effort on converting Arma 3 to consoles. 

• Like 1

Since your point of a lack of mil grade rifles has been beat to death with the answer of duper’s, allow me to move on to the next point of yours.

This game was not, is not, and will not be the type of game where you can pop on for 30 minutes and expect to get anything meaningful done. That’s not how this game works. It always has been a time sink, and it always will be.

There’s absolutely no need to have more mil sites, there’re plenty about. Want one close to a spawn? Go for Cherno then head to Balota. 

As you mentioned, you like the fact it’s sort of a mil sim survival game, then mention you don’t care for fast paced shooters, but then call those who invest time in this game  “no life kids”....really? Just because you “don’t have the time”, now you’re completely contradicting yourself by saying they should cater to those who “don’t have the time”.

It sounds like perhaps you should pop in CoD instead...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Let me just start by saying I am a moron. I know  nothing about game development, coding or even how it’s possible to talk into a device and those words float through the air and are received by someone else and it’s my actual voice they hear! As far as I know these things are all carried out with magic! 

I say this first because I know someone (who understands this shit or thinks they do) is going to respond being extra cunty acting as if understanding how loot systems and respawn engines work were as simple as understanding 2+2=4. So forgive my ignorance if I ask what you consider to be a stupid question but, wouldn’t the simple solution to solving the duping issue be a sort of hybrid between locking characters to a server and an increase in loot spawning/respawning? Meaning sure you can server hop if you want to but you start out as a fresh spawn when you hop to a different server every time but if you log back into a server you were already playing of course you have whatever loot you acquired in that server only! So the only way a player is going to be super kitted is they obviously have to grind in order to do it. 

It’s obvious that every other method will not work so why not just make it simple. You start as a freshy anytime you join a new server. 

Is there something I’m missing here?🤔

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1

6 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Let me just start by saying I am a moron. I know  nothing about game development, coding or even how it’s possible to talk into a device and those words float through the air and are received by someone else and it’s my actual voice they hear! As far as I know these things are all carried out with magic! 

I say this first because I know someone (who understands this shit or thinks they do) is going to respond being extra acting as if understanding how loot systems and respawn engines were as simple as understanding 2+2=4. So forgive my ignorance if I ask what you consider to be a stupid question but, wouldn’t the simple solution to solving the duping issue be a sort of hybrid between locking characters to a server and an increase in loot spawning/respawning? Meaning sure you can server hop if you want to but you start out as a fresh spawn when you hop to a different server every time but if you log back into a server you were already playing of course you have whatever loot you acquired in that server only! So the only way a player is going to be super kitted is they obviously have to grind in order to do it. 

It’s obvious that every other method will not work so why not just make it simple. You start as a freshy anytime you join a new server. 

Is there something I’m missing here?🤔

I think the best solution is to have half the servers locked, and let those of US that don't want to see duping play on THEM, and the rest of the cheating turds run around, dupe, and jerk each other off 'til their little hearts are content.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I think the best solution is to have half the servers locked, and let those of US that don't want to see duping play on THEM, and the rest of the cheating turds run around, dupe, and jerk each other off 'til their little hearts are content.

Except that means (unless they increase number of servers) every single server will be full. There will be no medium pop or low pop servers. Now if they like double the amount of servers currently then yeah I agree that’s definitely a solution. 

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1