Optical4k

Duping is killing the game

I've spent the Last 7 dayz looting military bases  Troitskoe  the NWA , VMZ, (TISY Military base) 

In 7 days I've found, (2) m4 A1.   (3) USG 2 OF which i found at helicopter crash sites & 2 FX-45 pistols   dupe a weapon its stops a weapon re spawning in Game

What  is really surprising is how few people i'm meeting at Military bases only 3 in 7 days

i really hope it's going to be Fixed soon 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Is there any hard evidence that duping is preventing weapons spawning? I've been finding lots of assault rifles. Maybe lucky in the server I play on. 

• Like 1

i agree duping is killing the game making it far to easy. dayz ain't ment to be an easy game 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 1/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, Optical4k said:

dupe a weapon its stops a weapon re spawning in Game

does it ?

Any item in a stash (car, barrel, buried, tent ) or carried by a player is NOT counted in the "Loot Economy" calculation for respawning items.
Any looted item NOT carried by a player or NOT placed in some kind of stash - will despawn in a short time.
Any single spawn point that is empty (loot taken) -  will respawn loot in a short time.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Optical4k said:

What  is really surprising is how few people i'm meeting at Military bases only 3 in 7 days

Because DUPING is killing the game - players don't go LOOKING for mil loot if they can dupe it.  They don't even HOP for mil loot. So why go to mil bases  ... or anywhere ?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Any item in a stash (car, barrel, buried, tent ) or carried by a player is NOT counted in the "Loot Economy" calculation for respawning items.

thats good to known,thank's  pilgrim)  but why is there a total lack of guns & esp AKM I just don't understand why everything else ammo Scopes Clothing are there but not guns WTF 

20 minutes ago, Optical4k said:

thats good to known,thank's  pilgrim)  but why is there a total lack of guns & esp AKM I just don't understand why everything else ammo Scopes Clothing are there but not guns WTF 

I find AKs regularly, every time I pass through the tents at staroye I find at least two. I'm reluctant to mention my server number in case it's a lucky server but I find that many ARs I would personally like to see them become a rarer item. It's too easy and to quick to get fully armed up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I find AKs regularly, every time I pass through the tents at staroye I find at least two. I'm reluctant to mention my server number in case it's a lucky server but I find that many ARs I would personally like to see them become a rarer item. It's too easy and to quick to get fully armed up. 

I literally wasted 4 long sessions to find a ak, only one m4 and i was the whole time travelling between MBs or relooted an area after an hour. 

In that time, i "met" only 3 ppl, full geared players which i attacked... I might be just unlucky, however, a lot ppl are reporting lack of guns.

Maybe staroye is a hot spot for ARs atm since the CLE can be changed easily.

I was only once in staroye since weeks so that are all speculations on my side, nothing confirmed.

1 hour ago, xhardcorefishx said:

I literally wasted 4 long sessions to find a ak, only one m4 and i was the whole time travelling between MBs or relooted an area after an hour. 

In that time, i "met" only 3 ppl, full geared players which i attacked... I might be just unlucky, however, a lot ppl are reporting lack of guns.

Maybe staroye is a hot spot for ARs atm since the CLE can be changed easily.

I was only once in staroye since weeks so that are all speculations on my side, nothing confirmed.

AK spawn rates definitely seem like they've been turned down to me. Find plenty of ammo/mags and attachments but not the rifle. I find a lot more m4s 

• Like 1

On 26.1.2019 at 4:44 PM, Arctic Volkssturm said:

AK spawn rates definitely seem like they've been turned down to me. Find plenty of ammo/mags and attachments but not the rifle. I find a lot more m4s 

Yeah, i had more luck 2 days ago. Found 2 m4s, but not a single ak. Sadly, zelenogorsk is pretty dead ( on the ru hardcore server ), cause i wanted to gift one m4 ( buried everything else to be "safe" ). 4 hours waiting game, nobody showed up :(

What I don’t get is why play the game if you want to dupe the game supposed to be a survival game not pubg.Anyways I’m off to server hop now.

laters dupes

GENERAL QUESTION

Seriously - WHY does DUPING really seem to be a MUCH MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM on Xbox than it is on PC?

I'm not making any REAL suggestions at all - I'm just asking for a STRAIGHT ANSWER  .. from anyone ?

I really don't believe it's because Xbox players shout about it a lot more, so the complaint count is higher -  I think they complain more because it happens MUCH MUCH MORE

Perhaps pn PC it is now difficult to dupe ??  -  Maybe all the easy methods have been tracked down and killed off, or it just takes too long so it's boring, or it doesn't work mainly at all?  (meaning it is a technical problem related to Xbox)

Perhaps most PC players just cant be bothered to DO it ? ..

Or maybe PC players mainly think duping destroys three-quarters of the interest of the game - it short-circuits the game -  and most PC players want to PLAY the WHOLE of DayZ ?  (meaning it is an "attitude-to-the-game" problem on Xbox) ?

I DONT KNOW - you tell ME

There are plenty of Official servers on PC, with plenty of players -  so it is just as easy to use one character across all of them as it is to use one character across all the servers on Xbox... so THAT can't be the reason for mega Xbox duping.  Sure, isolating ALL the Xbox servers, one character per server, might "stop the problem" but it would break the game too.. and we can see from Official PC free-movement-of-characters that there is SOMETHING DIFFERENT going on, IMO.   Some difference between Xbox and PC ? 

Why is DUPING a big big big problem on Xbox and not so important at all on PC ??

or am I wrong about that ?

xxP

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

GENERAL QUESTION

Seriously - WHY does DUPING really seem to be a MUCH MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM on Xbox than it is on PC?

I'm not making any REAL suggestions at all - I'm just asking for a STRAIGHT ANSWER  .. from anyone ?

I really don't believe it's because Xbox players shout about it a lot more, so the complaint count is higher -  I think they complain more because it happens MUCH MUCH MORE

Perhaps pn PC it is now difficult to dupe ??  -  Maybe all the easy methods have been tracked down and killed off, or it just takes too long so it's boring, or it doesn't work mainly at all?  (meaning it is a technical problem related to Xbox)

Perhaps most PC players just cant be bothered to DO it ? ..

Or maybe PC players mainly think duping destroys three-quarters of the interest of the game - it short-circuits the game -  and most PC players want to PLAY the WHOLE of DayZ ?  (meaning it is an "attitude-to-the-game" problem on Xbox) ?

I DONT KNOW - you tell ME

There are plenty of Official servers on PC, with plenty of players -  so it is just as easy to use one character across all of them as it is to use one character across all the servers on Xbox... so THAT can't be the reason for mega Xbox duping.  Sure, isolating ALL the Xbox servers, one character per server, might "stop the problem" but it would break the game too.. and we can see from Official PC free-movement-of-characters that there is SOMETHING DIFFERENT going on, IMO.   Some difference between Xbox and PC ? 

Why is DUPING a big big big problem on Xbox and not so important at all on PC ??

or am I wrong about that ?

xxP

same reason there is alot more KOS on xbox .. mostly children and people that just dont care, jumping on to shoot someone like pubg and then logging off when bored. half of them are so bad at the game they need to dupe to stay alive, anyone duping should just uninstall the game honestly. I refuse to server hop for loot and I have come across 1 m4 in a week and I spend most of my time travelling from mil base to mil base and I playl alomst 24 hrs a day . 😞 rip loot spawns .. I have also in 4 days game time of playing not seen one supressor.

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I think it's the case. I've seen few Xbox duping vids (that I'll not link of course) and it's dramatically easy... I don't think this works on PC version.

And as said by few, younger or more used to casual FPS/BR player base, that are probably more willing to exploits to make the game suited for them, especially when the exploit is so easy.

• Beans 1

On 1/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ive been at tisy, staroye, NWAF and many more places and hopped for a whole day and found not ONE Ar, so idk, i agree their next to impossible to find

13 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

Cleaned.  Any suggestion of duping as some sort of legit form of playing because of X or Y will be cleaned.  Don't make me steak you.

Ban. Them. All.

• Like 1