ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

1 hour ago, Mcgalore said:

Well I found probably the biggest issue in the game it isnt just me aswell. Your base does not save atleast for more then 24 hours in RL all your loot or barrels disappear regardless of where your base is I know for a fact I wasnt raided and I lost over 20 hours and the best guns and loot on top of that all fences, watchtowers and stashes magically disappear no matter where they are. I love this game but that is a major disappointment please fix this issue.

I went 48 hours without interacting with my camp, and everything was still there.  I don't know what the actual persistence time is, but all you need to do is log in, interact with your base or camp, and the "clock" resets.

1 hour ago, Mcgalore said:

Well I found probably the biggest issue in the game it isnt just me aswell. Your base does not save atleast for more then 24 hours in RL all your loot or barrels disappear regardless of where your base is I know for a fact I wasnt raided and I lost over 20 hours.

Don't keep your eggs all in one basket.. After you get a basecamp established with some basic loot leave the server and start working on a new server as a safety net

Not all the servers are stable some hard crash and wipe everything don't get attached to gear one tip Every time you get off for the day in game load a sea chest with your good stuff so next time you re spawn into game you will have your chest 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:50 AM, AliasDJA said:

Hello,

Can you please advise if there is a current issue regarding being sick and constant sneezing and coughing?

Not sure why everyone is having this issue guess I am just lucky but I play solo.. Never drink water from pond of stream and don't eat raw food the only process one has to keep from getting sick is avoid other sick players and stay clean by doing this

If you drink water from a pond or stream it has to be boiled in the cooking pot to be safe to drink 

If you have a water bottle/canteen always fill it from a Water Pump 

Chlorine Tablets mixed with bottle will make pond/stream water safe to drink 

Everyone wishing for new guns and items just stop! Let them work on what really needs to be done like the FPS in big cities, Duplication glitch, combat logging and the controls. Then once the game is much smoother and easier playable, then we can be granted with new loot (would like to see SKS, Winchester, AUG and also spraypaints).  Good job for now Bohemia. Look forward for the future of DAYZ Xbox. 

This is a mixture of wants and needs :)

1. There is currently no reason for most survivors to go across the map (or at least past NWAF) For example many players: spawn. go to tents. get weapons and gear. head back to coast. kill new spawns. die. repeat.

As it stands, Players can just go to Rify or Berizino barrack for gear and server hop. 

I would recommend having some incentive for going to towns like Zabolotye as an example.

2. Access control list to base. Maybe a mechanic like selecting Xbox friends list for permission to enter?

3. Natural disasters? Earthquake, tornadoes, tsunami, etc.

4. Incentive for making friends and reduce KOS. For example, players earn “surprise items” in inventory after meeting and not killing new players. This only works for unique players you would encounter. 

For example, I meet random player. Do not kill or give him assistance, 5 minutes later I get a magazine, food, water auto fills, bandage, etc. or some other reward.

5. Xbox Party to in game chat.

6. Select my character on game start.

7. Map with markers that only friends can see.

8. Ladders don’t work on tall buildings, maybe use rope to climb. For example a player needs 4 rope to scale buildings so they don’t get shot on ladders. Sneak attack.

9. Give the tools a better purpose. What is screwdriver and pick axe for? What can I do with epoxy?

10. A nurse/ doctor / scout / messenger / intelligence character that can’t kill or be killed by another survivor, can’t own gun or melee weapon. This character would need more food and water and can move fast. Squads would use her for spying or communication or healing or truce.

11. A camera mode for browsing map outside of actual game itself. Content creators would really like this.

12. Players can create custom shirts and pants to replace arm bands. A clothes editor? 

13. Video camera or alarms for base intrusions.

14. Frame drop.

15. Drones? But are very rare items to find.

16. Dig a hole to hide in fields. A fox hole. 

17. Currency for trading or hostages. Reduces KOS.

18. Scavenger hunt mode would be freaking awesome in a map this size.

19. Camo clothes and tactical shirts need to match environment better. They stand out.

20. Skateboard or bike?

just some ideas.

I love Dayz. Best game of all time because I can do whatever I want whenever I want without stupid killer circles or other objectives. That being said this HIGHLY depends on persistence to keep my stuff otherwise there is no incentive to build, store or stash items.

thank you.

Edited by Orionellis

Mouse and Keyboard support would be great...hitting RB to zoom while running is throwing punches...delay in  loading of frames while aiming down the sight through scopes...fps is a major issue in groups in large towns...holding breath would be a great addition...also custom control mapping would be nice...hair and clothing clipping needs work (hair sticking through hats) bags and vests blending or clipping through eachother...crafted burlap strips drop amounts increased back to random stack amounts ie 3,ect...had an instance where i fell through the map

I would also like to see character server lock! That character stays in that server to stop combat logging, ghosting and dupers! Of course some comprise in the sense of if a friend invites you to that server you can 

[ TENT TWEAKS! ] Please, please make it possible to place tents on more inclined terrain. It is so difficult to find a good (and hidden!!) location to place a tent due to the placement physics. And also, please make it simpler to move items from your character's inventory into the inventory of said tents.

To reduce to MASSIVE amount of kill-on-sight, you should implement some sort of an insanity feature that sets in and increases for every player killed within a specific time proximity.

Private servers for rent  $ 200 a year

ADD SLEEPING BAGS FOR SELECTABLE  RESPAWN LOCATIONS

MAKE THE DESTRUCTIBLE LIMIT IT TO 2 BAGS

CARE PACKAGES

BUFF ADJUST ON DESPAWN RATE ON THE FOLLOWING

TENTS

BARRELS

BUILDING COMPONETS

GENERATERS

SUPPLIES

FOOD

ADD Weapons

Glock 19 9mm

1911 45 acp

Fn fal 308

M249 saw 5.56

Pkm 7.62x39

VSS VINTOREZ SP-6

Barret m92 m1a 50 cal

ADD Scope

4x14

Night vision adapters for SAW,M4

NIGHT VISION AK , PKM,FAL

ADD Suppressor

308 works on svd and Fal

ADD LAUNCHER

M203 40MM

GP-25 40MM

RPG-1

LAW

ADD EXPLOSIVES

M67

FLASHBANG

M18

ADD ATTACHMENTS.

ATLAS BIPOD

PISTOL WEAPON LIGHT

WEAPON LIGHT

KA RAIL

ADD CLOTHING

PLATE CARRIER POUCHS . COMMON RARITY

PLATE CARRIER PISTOL POUCH . COMMOM RARITY

ADD TOOLS

CHAIN SAW

TRIPWIRE

SPRAY PAINT

PIN TO WRITE NOTES

Building locker

The building locker is a deployable item that is typically used to provide base protection and/or secure an area by preventing unauthorized players from being able to upgrade their items beyond twig state, in the vicinity of the base that the cupboard occupies. The protection distance is roughly 6 foundations away from the base at any point. The area of protection is shaped around the players base, above the bottom of the cupboard. Within this protection area of the building locker , players will have the "Building Blocked" status; unauthorized players will be blocked from placing and upgrading structures in the area of the cupboard.

electronic keypad

The electronic keypad is one of two player-used locking items. It is secured by entering a four-digit PIN in a prompt. Any player can enter a PIN into the lock by holding the 'use' button on the device. If the correct PIN is used the lock will remember the PIN and the door can simply be opened by pressing the 'use' key when facing the door, rather than the electronic keypad itself. Any player that is "remembered" by it can change the PIN used, or set a Guest PIN, to be used by visitors. When entering a code, the player can press the icon marked "C" to correct a mistake.

You can upgrade the door after placing the code lock on it. Once placed, the lock itself cannot be destroyed. It has to either be removed by an owner or the door it is attached to must be destroyed.

The electronic keypad’s display glows green when unlocked and red when locked.

When a player enters the PIN incorrectly they receive an electric shock in an attempt to deter brute force attacks. The damage increases in increments of 5 (starting at 5 damage) for every failed attempt, these increments reset every 10 seconds.

The maximum number of key combinations is 10^4, or 10000 possible combinations. This makes it incredibly tedious and impractical to "brute force" the code of another player's base.

The building plan is used to build structures.

Holding up shows the circle menu with the different structures that can be built. You can build structures in a non-claimed area, or within the radius of a permitted building locker . which is roughly 50 meters.

The building plan can be used to build:

Foundation .Floor/Ceiling .U Shaped Stairs L Shaped Stairs Window Low Wall Half Wall .Wall .Roof .Pillar .Foundation Steps .Floor Frame .Wall Frame .Doorway. door

Building component

Foundation components can only be built using a Building Plan. They cannot be downgraded from higher tiers using a Hammer.

Foundation components serve as a main foundation for a base's design and can be used to prototype its layout and features.

The costs associated with building a specific component can be viewed in the table to the left.

Building  components can only be built using a Building Plan. They cannot be downgraded from higher tiers using a Hammer.

Building components serve as a main foundation for a base's design and can be used to prototype its layout and features.

The costs associated with building a specific component can be viewed in the table to the left.

components have 10 health and are extremely susceptible to all types of damage sources.

The building components' purpose is not stricly relegated to just building bases.

They can be used to build temporary defensive structures, often incorporated in base designs, such as destructible drawbridges platforms.

Similarly, they prove to be an essential, offensive element of raiding as they would allow one to construct raid towers and attach platforms to base walls to use as scaffolding, both of which aid in overcoming obstacles and heights.

defenders are concentrating on two methods: building out from bases with closely packed High External Stone Walls and Metal Barricades, or using the fact that Foundation cannot be built above Stairs. The first is expensive; the counter to the latter is to build a twig tower and then place Frames or Doors, then balance a Large Wood Box on top. If the Stairs are not built out far enough, then the player can jump across to the roof. As always, Ladders can be placed on the walls; the counter to this is to build out, and the counter to that is to build Ceilings off of the ladders. In short, the defensive options seem to be, trying to build Stairs further out, and countering ladders with roofs, Signs, Planter Boxes, Barricades etc, or the expensive option of High External Stone Walls with Metal Barricades or possibly Barbed Wooden Barricades. components have 10 health and are extremely susceptible to all types of damage sources.

I think the leaning should be when you are aiming from the hip and down the sights have the right trigger be leaning right and the left trigger lean left and if possible add climbing over fences and walls a thing and water is hard to come by maybe add a 2 gallon water bottle or increase how long it takes to have water

Edited by Undeadboy12
Thought the water drains so fast and it is sometimes hard to find

3 hours ago, therealcolossus said:

Keyboard and Mouse support would be great!

for the math freaks - A standard plug in keyboard with 108 keys gives you 5,778 possible different 2-key combos (counting "A+X"as being the same combo as "X+A") .. NOT counting the additional variations you get using a mouse too. This is one reason - coming from a long PC development - there is some difficulty fitting DayZ one-key commands and 2-key combos to a Controller. 
tell me if I'm wrong

Edited by pilgrim*

Hello developers! We have a big difference with the cars of the game and with the rendering in big cities on behalf of 234 brazilian players who have stopped using the car because of bugs. * The car at all times is crashing at various points on the map. The problem with rendering in large cities while loading this extremely bad. The city of Novodimitrovsk is so blessed that it can turn a camera into a unique rendering moment.

I don'tknow if anyone else is having the same issue with the supressor for the k am but its on pristine but every time its fired zombies from all over agro 

6 hours ago, gettn schwifty said:

Mouse and Keyboard support would be great...hitting RB to zoom while running is throwing punches...delay in  loading of frames while aiming down the sight through scopes...fps is a major issue in groups in large towns...holding breath would be a great addition...also custom control mapping would be nice...hair and clothing clipping needs work (hair sticking through hats) bags and vests blending or clipping through eachother...crafted burlap strips drop amounts increased back to random stack amounts ie 3,ect...had an instance where i fell through the map

Think you  should get a pc if u want to play with mouse and keyboard people that play with mouse and keyboard ruin games on console 

No idea if it's been mentioned but I'd like an auto run feature (like fortnite/pubg) and also assign the 'free look' to a button rather than clicking on left stick. 

I’ve notice in my last shoot out that people  are taking and vantage of server hopping during gun fights spawning into bases , also notice people duplicated by hopping servers aswell   Thinking maybe  players grounded  to a server until theyre character dies before selecting a new server with a fresh character. ....

and some more traps maybe a flare gun to attract a friend or foe that would be cool 

45 minutes ago, Jordan Kline said:

WOULD like,

Would like to see a prison be put in? A prison inland 

There's a prison island if you didn't know about it, off the south coast. But yeah, maybe a borstal inland, we can lock the server hoppers and dupers in it! 

• Thanks 1

The controls are a bit too much. Would it be possible to have maybe the x button reload so that I can actually reload and not always switch weapons. Or make hold y reload. It sucks having to manually relapd from your inventory in a gunfight

19 hours ago, Cole Kennedy said:

I think that if you can add a base building system the game will improve a whole lot

Not just a fenced in perimeter. A cabin sort of building would be nice. And tree stands for hinting/sniping. 

Wolf spawning is a issue. I been playing since the first week. Want to know what i havnt encountered yet? Wolves. I even go to the spawns, i hear the howls. Yet nothing. Could u make the spawn more often?