ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

> A few seperated servers with a server locked character system ( the hc servers for example )

> FPS drops heavy in combat situations ( this makes CQC nearly unplayable )

> Mosin & SVD uses the highest cailber currently available, but it seems there are some hit reg issues with them aka more than 2 shots needed even with critical hits.

> Duping : Well, its known tho

> Persistence issues : Well, its known too.

> more wild life ( rabbits for example )

> more crafting options ( like a makeshift/improvized axe, bows&arrows, traps for rabbits, traps for players or Zeds )

> proper Cooking ( we pretty much have alot stuff to start with ), combining ingredients ( inside the cooking pot ) to make soups etc

> directional voice chat ( if u keep getting closer to another player u will hear him/her louder and if u distance urself from another player he/she will become quiter etc )

> pen ( paper is in, now let me write someone a message )

I will add things, if i have more ideas.

If u like what u read : Give them beanz

Edited by xhardcorefishx

30 minutes ago, Richard Brinninger said:

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but: whenever I try to reload my weapon with Y, i switch to the next asigned item in the hotbar. But sometimes it works perfectly fine. I usually have to spam the Y button while ads for it to work.

I made sure that a reload was possible (designated ammo/mag available, enough inv space etc.) 

Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

I think you gotta hold Y now as just pushing it cycles hotbar

#1. Sliding down ladders does not work.

#2. You throw punches with RB while sprinting and trying to zoom in.

#3 flare sound effects are awful and broken.

#4. Night lasts like 10 minutes.

#5. I've had weapons say there is a magazine inside, but the magazine is actually just glitched. (The other way around too)

#6. I actually saw someone the other day, and he did a glitch which gave him invisible body parts, with only a torso.

#7. Bullets don't register sometimes.

#8. Doing a "heart" emote while carrying a sea chest allows you to jog and walk faster.

#9. Sometimes while repairing clothing, it uses the entire (Roll of duct tape, leather sewing kit, sewing kit) thing.

#10. Switching shoulders has no controls anymore.

Edited by Brandables

1 hour ago, Bdog0404 said:

Is it possible that you could make keyboard and mouse compatible with dayz? this would make inventory management just like pc's ( which is a lot easier inventory system) and it would also fix problems with leaning and holding you breath. Other xbox games have done it so you can just plug a keyboard and mouse right into the back of your console and it works. Thank you for your time, respond if you can please :)

M&K is a thing for the future. Its announced a few months ago ( i believe in November).

My #1 gripe with the game right now is boredom. 

Hard to explain, maybe i played too much (400+ hours) or maybe i'm playing it wrong. But there really is nothing to do anymore. It's just spawn, run to military base, get fully looted, find other players. We need more to do, much more.

Maybe weekly challenges? Treasure hunts? Hunting competitions? Airdrops? 

And as much as you and a lot of fans might disagree.. I and many believe there should be a pvp as a seperate part. 2-3 game modes. It's doable and will attract more players/customers. Maybe a "dark zone" with pvp? 

I would also like to see an area/town on the map that is a no shoot zone, where we can trade, exchange stories or just hang out. Is also doable.. Just code it so that any player entering the area will automatically shoulder their weapon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IMT said:

That's feedback from their side, I mean feedback from our side. That's what this is about. This is about user feedback, not feedback from the developers.

This very question what they're asking the Xbox peeps is the first thing they should've asked the PC community as soon as they came back from their holidays.

Without the community, the PC version would've been dead already by now. It is thanks to the modders and the people who play on the modded servers that this game is still up and running and have about 10 k players. Without them DayZ would have 1.5 k players again. Yet, they keep spitting us in the face and keep giving us the middle finger. It's like they don't give two shits about the (PC) community. And if that isn't true, they certainly give that feeling, because that's the feeling I have and a lot of others as well.

Bohemia literally came out and said that they put the PC Community before the Xbox Community. I personally don't think you guys are neglected.

Character customization, private server fix. Then again there are no private servers so i guess not

Inventory Menu needs some serious work, very slow clunky, poor a lot of issues when transferring items to different storage slots,

Need to introduce similar to PC menu, where you click and drag items to where required, if you could add once you enter Inventory menu screen that a cursor appears which can be navigated around the entire screen where you can then click items to add to hands, or you can drag them to place them in a materials slot, or another bag for example.

Of course not sure if this is planned in next updates etc... but hope this is coming soon as would make the gameplay a lot smoother.

First, I’ve been playing since the first year of the mod and understand this is a totally different game, BUT. 

A few things:

Private servers. Xbox players are just as close to each other as PC, and are more than happy to pay for private server slots. We want them, badly.

Inventory and it’s stability: the inventory system is perfectly fine on PC. Well designed even, but on console it does not work, especially when clicking across different containers. A cursor/click system might work here.

UI responsiveness: the user interface is not responsive enough. This plus server lag can easily be the end of a character when in a firefight and trying to navigate to a bandage. Even quick slots are unreliable and require the player to make a full stop and pause to switch. Yes, the Y button works, but my point is the overall UI could be streamlined to work quickly and that is what matters in this game. The mod was ugly. At least my friends and I didn’t care and liked how it just worked.

Server stability: I don’t know how much this has to do with the game because I don’t experience it on PC, but the servers constantly cause the game to pause (experienced at the same time by my squad on other sides of the IRL country and in game map.) and many times even give us ‘no message recieved’ and kick us off. 

Weapons/Vehicles: moar pls. Even if they’re just cold ported from the mod. (Jk but more pls)

I make it sound so easy, I know. But this is what my group of friends and I have come up with so far to be most important.

This is is an amazing game. Please don’t give up on it and the community.

Combination locks can be removed from gate inventory making them useless.

Server hopping to enter bases needs a fix.

Sliding down ladders does not work anymore.

Game stutters when playing on an older Xbox one.

Built up areas cause game breaking lag.

Rendering can be very slow when playing on an older Xbox one.

Inventory management only works half the time.

Clothes get ruined stupidly quick from fighting the infected hand to hand.

Night cycle could be a bit longer.

Definitely would like to see more nighttime and rain. Nighttime could use a little bit of ambiant light realistically when your in the open.

Base building really needs some TLC we have built a 16x24 tower wall but since there's no snap feature some of the rowers block others from being built. Now we have to tear it all down and redo it one at a time for it to work. A simple snap feature for the kits to snap to existing posts would be perfect and make base building a little easier.

Lastly I know this isn't a popular opinion but it needs to be looked at. Lock our characters to the servers to stop ghosting and it may even help duping if you work with the timers. (I have discovered a way to dupe without having to sit through the join timers as well so just locking characters won't stop it.)

I would like to see at least a couple dedicated PVP and PVE servers. Or at least a few servers with safe zones. Xbox gamers are very different than PC gamers. There is a lot more kids and they play DayZ like it's Call of Duty or something. This makes it impossible to approach and talk to anybody ever.. with a safe Zone you can meet other like-minded players

• Like 1

I’d say some things that we need to see on Xbox would be.

-longer night time cycles due to us now having the NV scope.

-Some more variety for lone range weapons such as the CR rifle or the Winchester as well as the long range scope.

-Pouches and the pistol holster for the plate carrier vest would be nice.

-Spray paints for the ghillie suits and weapon/attachments.

-More weapon attachments such as the ATLAS bi pod, weapon flash light, AKM drum magazine, railed hand guards for the AK’s, extended magazines for the M4. (All previously in older updates on PC.)

-Being able to tan and craft leather clothing again would be nice.

-Craftable bow and it’s corresponding parts.

-More weather variations such as fog, rain, mist ect.

I hope this list reaches some of the devs.

change the " press to use scope" button from LB to clicking the right stick instead cause its hard to press LT than RB than LB all at once

MOUSE AND KEYBOARD support, to justify it, it will probably help with the inventory mess or at least make it a lot easier to navigate 

• Beans 1

Well I think first add more vehicles they’re way to little of them. Add more content from the old mod such as night vision googles and red dot sights. Also there should be zombie heards in large city’s. it’s to easy to run around in this game. Also add bikes and boats as well and helicopters. Also add fishing as well would be nice also maybe stop wiping out bases as well. So far this has been pretty good so far minor glitches and stuff nothing to crazy

Please can we have some official private shards. Being able to hop between servers, even with a timer delay, ruins immersion, gives those doing it an advantage and takes away the survival challenge. We haven't invented time machines yet nor portals to jump into a parallel universe, and if we had I very much doubt they would work in a zombie apocalypse. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I currently can not reload my magazines. I can unload them but no option to load them after. I have to give both my ammo and the magazine to a friend to reload for me.