nhow7108

To all combat loggers.

Haha all i'm saying is this game could be easier.  Most of my friends stopped playing and i'm the only one who is left... because they said dayz is a walking game... youu spend hours on hours of game time and don't achieve nothing.  I love dayz tho and hope that one day it will be more player friendly for new people coming in and what not, make the game more of a pleasure to play, with more loot and vehicles and helicopters, itreally would make the gameplay way more enjoyable with some better pvp experiences.

The loot system is flawed.

All risk no reward.

Same gear in Tissy as Zelenogorsk, why bother?

Right loot in the right place and more variation. Not just 50 peacoats within 10 minutes.

Have military zombies carry helmets, weapons and backpacks (variations and not everything in one zombie) that you can kill and loot.

11 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Haha all i'm saying is this game could be easier.  Most of my friends stopped playing and i'm the only one who is left... because they said dayz is a walking game... youu spend hours on hours of game time and don't achieve nothing.  I love dayz tho and hope that one day it will be more player friendly for new people coming in and what not, make the game more of a pleasure to play, with more loot and vehicles and helicopters, itreally would make the gameplay way more enjoyable with some better pvp experiences.

I hope this never happens. If it wasn't so hard it wouldn't be so rewarding. An important point to consider here...you talk about walking for hours? That's part of the beauty of the game. The environment is beautiful (reminds me of my home in the North of England) and you can be peacefully walking through woods and hills for hours and then suddenly, bang, your in contact and your heart is jumping out of your mouth. No other game does this. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I don't condone combat logging, especially if the logger fired the first shot or attempted to engage in combat. I do understand someone logging when under fire and all they intended to do is scavenge or role-play (keeping out of military zones and having their weapons holstered of course...). When I come across a military zone and there's someone already there looting, I'll leave them be as I have no proof of them hopping. If I see someone just appear out of thin air in a military zone that I wish to loot, then I'm going to try my best to kill them. Beyond that, I do not KOS unless the other player has their gun out and ready. That's my view and rules of engagement, though I understand everyone has their own views and rules as well. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

No. I shot him and he runs behind a wall and exits. I have had it happen 5 times already

Five times ever or in one day?

2 hours ago, happycheese said:

Five times ever or in one day?

Five times sice the update that added the new icons. Its happend probably. 30+ times since the game came out on xbox. I used to play on pc on .61 and .62 and combat logging wasnt as pervasive as it is on xbox. I sold my pc 9 months ago to pay off a debt. I want it back lol. Slowly saving up again for a new one. My old one had an i7 6700T and a 4gb gtx 960 with 16 gb ddr4 ram 1tb hdd and a 256gb M.2 ssd.

17 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

I'm sorry to say but most Cowards who play dayz combat log/server hop all the time. 

Fixed that for you.  Don't worry, I used to be a coward too.  Eventually grew out of it; never had the chutzpah to brag about it; but to each their own...

I too, prefer to talk to people instead of shooting them.  I even manage to talk to a fair percentage of people after we shoot each other.  It's the most rewarding way to play, IMHO. 
But don't brag about combat logging or server hopping, because most players who would talk to you in game, would also stab you in the back if they read this, just to give you what's duly yours.

10 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

On private servers tho, there will be admins. Only problem here is to proof and expose the CLer... Maybe by having some sort of server list showing admins when ppl leave the server ( time, position/coords ).

The logs for PC show player login/out timestamps, and player hit data.  Recording is encouraged, but not quite as easy on console.  Rumor has it that logs will get *better* if better means exponentially more noise to signal ratio...
Combat logging is easy to identify with a simple report.

It's pretty interesting coming here to watch this all play out again with a new batch of players coming in at the same time.  I spent my first 500 hours hoarding loot and avoiding anyone I didn't already know.  Then I started actually playing the game...

A point of advice: No matter what your preferred playstyle is, make sure to change things up.
If you like being a hermit/walking loot pinata, take the time to go on some full servers and get your licks in on the coastal chaos for a couple hours here and there; it'll help reduce the jitters for when it matters, and get your aim and evasion motor memory established much more quickly than tromping through the woods with no stamina left.
If you primarily KOS and are usually very successful, take that advantage to get the upper hand, and practice getting the jump on people and controlling the situation. You might meet someone you like and would rather not kill; or at least you might get to make someone take off their pants and jump off a roof so you won't have to worry about ruining any loot or wasting your bullets on a sure thing.
KOS is pervasive.  Some players can't get enough notches on their belts, and others just wish they could accomplish one little goal in a play session without a random black screen out of nowhere.  Combat logging robs both types of players the rich interactions that they come to this game to have.

Some of my best experiences in this game have come from encountering players in military zones that most regard as KOS zones.  Sometimes I make a new friend, and sometimes get too comfortable and hang around long enough for the person's friends to come and put me down.
One time at Tisy, I ran towards gunshots and met a couple of Russian players, of whom only one spoke English. They had just killed a pack of wolves, and were more than a little entertained when i came around the corner and said "Hey, are you guys gonna eat that?  Mind if I collect the meat?"
Another time I met a guy from Brasil and talked to him just long enough for a guy in his party to tell him to just kill me.  My group eventually found their bases, and rearranged the loot to spell out our names.  We eventually made contact again, and I had a great time trying to PVP with a group of mostly non-english speaking players later on.
Once, I picked up a hitchhiker, and trusted him long enough for him to but a bullet through my brain after we stopped to drink from a well.  Once I tried to run over a guy because I had a friend in the truck, but missed, and she told me to stop and talk to him; and we made a new friend and invaluable asset to the group.

Do the hard thing, take the road less traveled, put yourself out there and take the big risks.  Don't log out at the first sign of danger.  Be bold.  Don't be a coward like I was for far too long.  You're just wasting time you could be spending strengthening your game and making valuable contacts. Do the hard thing.

It. Is. Worth. It.

And just a note to finish off with here... do you XBOX guys not know about the beanz?

• Like 3

I got around 30 confirmed kills in 400 hours played.

I'm on my 50th something character. The first 30 characters i tried talking to players, trading and helping. Running around with either blue UN or white helmet. The xbox community are too stuck in a KOS mentality.

Now adays i play it safe, don't raid MB's and only stick to MC's and ES's. Only goes into small villages, use a binocoular from a safe distance. Shoot first and ask questions later.

I wish it was more roleplay and actual interactions.

I still dispute the idea that console players are kos more than pc players. My mate I play with comes from pc and he is very much a kos player. He's gradually doing it less as we play together but it's nothing to do with whether you come from console or pc. I watch lots of streamers and youtubers and lots of the PC players kos. 

Im still pretty good at surving hostile encounters ( still alive with the same char when bb got added ), but the most encounters are chilled and end up with a friendly : "See you later bud" or something similiar and im running around Novograd, East Airfield, Svetlo etc ( where my wip base is )

Im hearing alot of gun fire between novo aand svetlo at the outpost there, but most of the time there are ppl just shooting infected and looting it.

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

And just a note to finish off with here... do you XBOX guys not know about the beanz?

Kindly elaborate fine sir?

• Beans 1

5s1ARzJ.png5s1ARzJ.png5s1ARzJ.png5s1ARzJ.png

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 2

It's not so much about PC or XBOX players.  New players come from games where the only thing to do is shoot other players.  They are used to things like bragging about K/D ratios, or (gasp) having their uncle play on their account for a few hours so they can brag about their new stats.

People come to DayZ for all different kinds of reasons, but it all eventually devolves into kill to live mentality, where so many people just shoot, that everyone assumes that they MUST.  And here we are...

On PC, there are private servers where people looking for more diverse interactions will go, and eventually they shift the balance of what the average player does, and how they react to encounters.

For you XBOX guys, maybe figure something out like only playing on servers that end with 5.  After enough of your kind of players are clued-in, you might have a chance of getting a better quality of interactions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

For you XBOX guys, maybe figure something out like only playing on servers that end with 5.  After enough of your kind of players are clued-in, you might have a chance of getting a better quality of interactions.

We are figuring it out slowly, a lot of what is posted here (ranting/complaining) is not the majority of XBOX players mentality. Everything you have said is quite accurate in my books, different strokes for different folks.

Dayz has always been a blank canvas to me in a way to make your OWN game out of it. It requires a bit of an imagination and desire for role play that I've never felt with any other game and I just feel lucky to finally play it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, Andrew Huk said:

I'm sorry to say but most people who play dayz combat log/server hop all the time.  First thing someone told me when i was playing dayz was that the easiest way to loot up and get geared up with good shit is to go to the military base, loot up, log out and back in and loot up aagain, its genius in my opinion.  The game devs make this game very hard to play , especially when you're limited with 2-3 hours a day for gaming.  So i really don't care lol... i'm gonna log out if im being shot at cause it sucks when you're fully looted and then you have to go get geared up again. life is life and remember , the game is in development so still lots of bugs, and also remember, it\s just a video game.  If it was me making the decisions i would add way more vehicles to the game, and it would actually make the gameplay more realistic and interesting, you'd be walking around and then someone drives by you in a car, makes the game play interesting.  People could use cars for storage and great role play opportunities , but instead they're fully bugged out and once you actually get a car running, the engine light just comes on and then you're back on foot. 

You sir are a combat logging disgrace. I've been in situations where i've been shot at and chased. I've hid in rooms and locked my self in. Only to hear the pursuers locate my position. I could hear them unlocking the door, as I waited in the corner for the assault. They busted in. I killed one. The other got me. THIS MOMENT was one of the grittiest, realest experiences I had in the game. I didn't log out. I waited for my fate like a man. You sir are nothing less than a coward... You think server hoping to get looted is genius??? Are you daft? It's basically cheating man. Like Everyone here has been saying, DayZ isn't for you.

28 minutes ago, McPhorce said:

You sir are a combat logging disgrace. I've been in situations where i've been shot at and chased. I've hid in rooms and locked my self in. Only to hear the pursuers locate my position. I could hear them unlocking the door, as I waited in the corner for the assault. They busted in. I killed one. The other got me. THIS MOMENT was one of the grittiest, realest experiences I had in the game. I didn't log out. I waited for my fate like a man. You sir are nothing less than a coward... You think server hoping to get looted is genius??? Are you daft? It's basically cheating man. Like Everyone here has been saying, DayZ isn't for you.

Actually ya im a genius... You died lol. I have now managed to get a tent set up with a garden, and my own vehicle already since the update... Now im actually starting to enjoy this game instead of dying all the time. ;)  I've played the dying game before, you know... where you give people chances and try to just be in the moment in dayz without logging, but I just kept getting shotand killed... been a week playing dayz just constantly dying,  looting a couple things here and there, got a backup and some food then died again cause i tried to interact with players.  So now I'm doing a new tactic, low pop servers, and avoid any interactions so I can work on my stuff, then eventually ill go into a populated server to do some interacting when I get bored.

Edited by Andrew Huk