Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

BI Needs to Postpone 1.0

On 5.12.2018 at 6:57 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Wrong.  Leaving early access does not mean full release.  I have no idea where you're getting your information from but you are very wrong.  Many games have left early access and moved into "beta" and have stayed beta for many many years.  Just stop

*cough* 

*cough*

also, could they have gone with a more generic trailer? this "BWWWAAAAHHHH" tripod sound effect is overused for years now

Edited by ZomboWTF

4 hours ago, ZomboWTF said:

*cough* 

*cough*

also, could they have gone with a more generic trailer? this "BWWWAAAAHHHH" tripod sound effect is overused for years now

Please read it again.  DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th.  I have numerous games on my Steam list that have left early access and are now in "Beta".  Believe me, I was like you guys once thinking that they would be releasing a half-assed product but they have not once said it's the full released version.

If there is one thing that should have been learned this year is dont release until its ready. As we watch fallout 76 crash and burn its a lesson that cant be stressed enough. The game is close I will give it that, I do however feel in earlier patches we have had more content. It should be a baseline to keep 1.0 at least with the same content that was featured at the height of dayz alpha. A good example of this is the guns, there already is a mod that more or less brings the guns back (not all completed mind you). I feel the lack of guns really game breaking as it was the thrill of finding that unique gun or a gun better than you had which added to the thrill of looting. It makes the game stale and lack of variety gets old fast. The last thing this game needs is a poor launch after FO76 everyone is watching and if this launch fails it may not get another chance.

Your so close to a complete game dont waste the launch when a handful of features are needed to be included/fixed to make the launch great.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:47 PM, drgullen said:

Personally, I think this is exactly the reason -- it's out on one console, but not the other -- the BI execs want those PS4 sales.

As long as regular updates to the game on all platforms continue into 2019 (and hopefully beyond), I think it'll get there eventually.  It won't be the 1.0 we wanted, but it'll have to do for now.

Its releasing in time for the holiday. Xboxs dayz isnt releasing intil Q1 2019

15 minutes ago, daedaelus said:

If there is one thing that should have been learned this year is dont release until its ready. As we watch fallout 76 crash and burn its a lesson that cant be stressed enough. The game is close I will give it that, I do however feel in earlier patches we have had more content. It should be a baseline to keep 1.0 at least with the same content that was featured at the height of dayz alpha. A good example of this is the guns, there already is a mod that more or less brings the guns back (not all completed mind you). I feel the lack of guns really game breaking as it was the thrill of finding that unique gun or a gun better than you had which added to the thrill of looting. It makes the game stale and lack of variety gets old fast. The last thing this game needs is a poor launch after FO76 everyone is watching and if this launch fails it may not get another chance.

Your so close to a complete game dont waste the launch when a handful of features are needed to be included/fixed to make the launch great.

Dayz is going to have all of that content at launch plus more as time goes by.

11 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Please read it again.  DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th.  I have numerous games on my Steam list that have left early access and are now in "Beta".  Believe me, I was like you guys once thinking that they would be releasing a half-assed product but they have not once said it's the full released version.

you really don't get it do you?

waste of time

1 hour ago, ZomboWTF said:

you really don't get it do you?

waste of time

What is not to get?  You seem to have this misconception that DayZ is releasing in full and they are going to call it a day.  I on the other hand fully understand what this 1.0 release is.  Have a good day 

• Haha 1

I remember when some big name streamers played in the stress tests and then there was a surge of interest. 

They just need some streamers to play the xbox version.  Boom.

Edited by Parazight

.....I've been playing less and less lately.

Lack of persistence seems to have driven many of my friends away for the time being as well.

I've got tons of other games to play while I wait and I'll be back when the fixes I want are announced.

I just hope Enfusion isn't so deeply flawed that the game can't be completed as envisioned.

However long it takes, most of the people in this thread will likely play over the next few years at least.

Even if this is a short term cash grab strategy timing wise, that nerfs a possible wave of new players interest, we'll still get most of what we came here for.

Bohemia has essentially made their bed, and soon they'll have to lie in it.

I keep comming back to DayZ but it never feels finished enough. Im gonna leave it for a month and play some Path of exile instead. 

Hopefully its less of a mess thenit is now... But if if I know BiS... Another year is probably needed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

I keep comming back to DayZ but it never feels finished enough. Im gonna leave it for a month and play some Path of exile instead. 

Hopefully its less of a mess thenit is now... But if if I know BiS... Another year is probably needed. 

It should be stuck in beta for 1 yr, fixing all the bugs so when release comes around which then should be called 1.0 Otherwise its a buggy mess again.

• Beans 1

21 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

.....I've been playing less and less lately.

Lack of persistence seems to have driven many of my friends away for the time being as well.

I've got tons of other games to play while I wait and I'll be back when the fixes I want are announced.

I just hope Enfusion isn't so deeply flawed that the game can't be completed as envisioned.

However long it takes, most of the people in this thread will likely play over the next few years at least.

Even if this is a short term cash grab strategy timing wise, that nerfs a possible wave of new players interest, we'll still get most of what we came here for.

Bohemia has essentially made their bed, and soon they'll have to lie in it.

It's not only the persistence for me to be honest. It's a lot more than that. Just tried the latest Experimental update to get a feel of what we can expect next week of the release. My findings are that it is not ready for release. Played 30 minutes and then quit out of frustration. Teleporting infected, rags going ruined while cutting up a perfectly healthy shirt, clothing goes from worn to ruined in just a few hits, you can only do power attacks which are slow as fuck, combine that with the chain aggro and the teleporting and you are basically fucked. Still haven't tested nighttime, lighting and a ton of other stuff, I'm not going to either so I'm hoping that's fixed.

If this build hits stable and is called the Release Candidate, then they just screwed themselves so hard.

• Beans 2

Damage has already been done. Only really us and some that dont visit the forums care to stick around.

• Beans 1

18 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Damage has already been done. Only really us and some that dont visit the forums care to stick around.

You may be right about that.  You would think by this big announcement that some of the old regulars would have been back posting or asking questions.  Or did they all get banned at some point lol?

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

You may be right about that.  You would think by this big announcement that some of the old regulars would have been back posting or asking questions.  Or did they all get banned at some point lol?

Nah mate Just reading......

Why discuss? BI have showed long ago that they dont care nor listen to anything we as customers see/want.

The game is dead, development is worthless. Just eyeballing in hope.....

On 12/9/2018 at 6:35 AM, McWendy said:

Nah mate Just reading......

Why discuss? BI have showed long ago that they dont care nor listen to anything we as customers see/want.

The game is dead, development is worthless. Just eyeballing in hope.....

See this is exactly all i hear in many other games, same thing McWendy is saying. They all left to never return. Like i believe damage is done. The comments are the same thing all over the place.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, Sqeezorz said:

Right. But Hicks is no longer part of the team. So you can not insist on his statements.

We have to take what we get. BI makes games ... games for leisure and not a "medicine" that will cure 1000 people from death.

As a consumer from day one. Hicks went mental about the game being a survivalist sim rather than a post-apoc zombie game. Was bullish and out of order about the anyone who disagreed. Had a few tarts on here who backed him about a  "farming apples" sim  and in the meantime the world had moved on. 

Edited by forteantimes23