ImpulZ

Xbox Development Briefing - 30/11/2018

Hello Xbox Survivors!

It's been a week since we published the Base Building & Vehicles Update on Xbox. And yes, it has major issues, to say the least. We are aware of the problems and will speak about them today, and how we intend to resolve them. But first of all we want to thank all of you who helped by reporting the issues to our Feedback Tracker, as well as our Twitter and Forums, we received a lot of support this way and it helps us a lot! We expect the first patch with fixes to hit the servers next week.

Game Crashes and FPS Drops / Rendering Issues

Regarding the game crashes many of you have been experiencing: We have tracked down various issues that have been causing problems in the inventory, mainly things that were related to script-side handling of the combine/management system, and have fixed most of them. There are still a couple of issues with the inventory, but nothing we know of should be causing any crashes as of now. As we've already stated the new shotgun was one item causing particularly high amounts of crashes. If you see this happening with other items as well, please forward that information to our Feedback Tracker.

FPS drops and rendering issues have mostly been reported to us by players on the regular Xbox One. Over the course of this week we have identified three issues regarding them. We have fixed one related to loading the cache. Two more are being investigated and hopefully fixed as soon as possible.

Long Rain and Night Time

We are aware that rain and night time are not optimal surroundings and they shouldn't happen all the time. Long rain is an issue that we are looking into for some time. We are currently testing new settings for it on the PC Experimental and hope to bring them to Xbox soon.

Today we have changed the server time settings to test different night-settings. Night currently shouldn't last longer than 90 minutes.

Upcoming Inventory & Usability

We've been working on improving the underlying system of the inventory, mainly the traversal through containers and items, which should be improved. There have been modifications to the display of equipment, which is now sorted, in preparation for customizable ordering of your equipment. Cargo of attachments should be visible, which will be mostly useful while using items like the fireplace, which now displays the content of the cooking pot that is attached to it. This way the user does not need to remove the pot to inspect the state of the food inside the pot. This is also in preparation for equipment that can have expandable cargo through its attachments.
There are still a couple of issues, such as the scroll windows in the inventory breaking if too many items get removed from the vicinity or player inventory, and also split items not being put into the player's inventory but onto the ground. We are working on getting those resolved.
Lastly, combining items should now be easier, as you can add items from the ground to the stack in your hands.

As we finish up the main elements of the inventory system, we're looking to put a visual overhaul in place, which should improve the readability of the inventory. This includes visual elements such as improved container backgrounds, larger item icons and better readable quantity and inventory sizes.

Missing and bugged Actions

We are aware of several actions that are still missing in the game, especially when it comes to weaponry (e.g. cycling with bolt-action/pump-action rifles, holding breath, unjamming). Currently we are testing a new technical solution to cover most of those issues. There are also some bugs causing overlapping actions (for example push-to-talk and zeroing), which will be resolved over time.

At last, some of you might also be aware that we have the 1.0 release for PC upcoming. Regardless of that, our Xbox team will continue their work and try to bring you fixes and updates as fast as possible. However, it can happen that our communication around Xbox is going to be a bit more quiet in December, as we will do our best to support this important milestone for the game.

See you on Chernarus!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

Will there be any character or loot wipes planned upcoming?

Edited by Skimshady

5 minutes ago, Skimshady said:

I second this question 

7 minutes ago, Skimshady said:

We will announce wipes as soon as we know that they are going to happen. So far we didn't announce any new wipes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ImpulZ said:

We will announce wipes as soon as we know that they are going to happen. So far we didn't announce any new wipes.

Cool atleast it will be worth grinding for the ghillie suit this weekend 

Thanks for the development update ImpulZ , I'm particularly happy about the upcoming rearranging of clothing inside inventory , as an OCD gamer this will be very welcome, having to drop all clothes on logging in and rearrange them everytime was killing me lol. Good I on the rendering/fps fixes for the xbox one, I saw an exceptional fall in both with the last update and any sized town is basically a no go zone at the moment so any improvement there would be very welcome. Thanks again for the info , I'm sure it'll put the community at ease, as far as I'm concerned to could push small updates out every other day and wipe my character and stashes all day long if it's going to add some stability back. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Ross 123 said:

So when can we see an update.

They say most likely next week. Did you not read the their post?

I am having two serious issues with the ada 4x4 on Xbox that I do not believe have been addressed. First is the most annoying, when driving, VERY frequently when I even trying to make the smallest adjustment in turning, the wheels want to FULLY turn and stick. If I'm going over 20 kmph, the car of course will jerk wildly to which ever side, Until I turn the opposite way. So, in order to drive the ada, I have to go 10-15kmph and prepare for Everytime it's going to stick so I can react and not drive off a cliff or into something. (To me, this breaks even having it in the game in the first place). Second, it seems either my end or y'all's, gets confused on what gear your screen says the car is in. After awhile of driving (because I usually have to stop and reverse because of issue #1) the game starts to believe that neutral is reverse, 1st is neutral, 2nd is 1st and so on. Which isn't a complete issue till you have to stop again, and the 1st is reverse, 2nd neutral and so on. Till you get to where it thinks 4 is reverse. Two things I have done have fixed this temporarily (till I have to reverse again after fix) 1- logging 2- take the spark plug out, or ALL parts out replace (repeat both till gears are back to normal, neither one working Everytime) I was just wondering what your view on this was

5 hours ago, Ziggie Joshua Christian Ard said:

I am having two serious issues with the ada 4x4 on Xbox that I do not believe have been addressed. First is the most annoying, when driving, VERY frequently when I even trying to make the smallest adjustment in turning, the wheels want to FULLY turn and stick. If I'm going over 20 kmph, the car of course will jerk wildly to which ever side, Until I turn the opposite way. So, in order to drive the ada, I have to go 10-15kmph and prepare for Everytime it's going to stick so I can react and not drive off a cliff or into something. (To me, this breaks even having it in the game in the first place). Second, it seems either my end or y'all's, gets confused on what gear your screen says the car is in. After awhile of driving (because I usually have to stop and reverse because of issue #1) the game starts to believe that neutral is reverse, 1st is neutral, 2nd is 1st and so on. Which isn't a complete issue till you have to stop again, and the 1st is reverse, 2nd neutral and so on. Till you get to where it thinks 4 is reverse. Two things I have done have fixed this temporarily (till I have to reverse again after fix) 1- logging 2- take the spark plug out, or ALL parts out replace (repeat both till gears are back to normal, neither one working Everytime) I was just wondering what your view on this was

Sounds like Arma 2 controller mechanics to me. Something that always happened to me on pc with my gamepad. The first issue, not the second.

Edited by SurSlaughter
  • Like 1

Anyone else having issues joining servers on xbox? Theres not a single server with over 5 ppl so im assuming so, i cant join any servers, iv tried about 15 atleast and all it keeps telling me is ( you were kicked off the game, database connection timeout) iv tried europe,americas, and asia

I'm calling someone. This is some bullshit. I was just about to choke dis chicken. I mean skin. Yea, dat's it. I was about to skin dis goat when bloop. Drop kicked to orbit. 

o.0

Seriously tho! ETA? Anything? At least acknowledge that you know de way...

• Haha 3

I am genuinely convinced that no one will be able to play DayZ this weekend.

- This is going already for 3 to 4 hours.

- No word from the devs regarding that yet.

- They don't work on weekend.

- 5 am in plague, no word of the devs yet.

I have nothing against then, i will gladly wait for a fix (after all, the devs are working hard on the xbox version, let's be honest), but if they really only fix and acknowledge that on monday, i can only imagine the backslash they  will receive.

Relax and chill time, no stressing out because im soaking wet and not even my raincoat helps. Its the weekend and it sucks we cant play, but there is nothing we can do except to play something else in the meantime. RDR2 is my choice. But seriously, i work M-F  7-4, and our business is closed all weekend. If something were to happen and a customer (100,000 customers even), had an issue or something, NOTHING would happen until Monday morning. Its the perks of being employed buy a company who appreciates its employees as much as the customers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SurSlaughter said:

Relax and chill time, no stressing out because im soaking wet and not even my raincoat helps. Its the weekend and it sucks we cant play, but there is nothing we can do except to play something else in the meantime. RDR2 is my choice. But seriously, i work M-F  7-4, and our business is closed all weekend. If something were to happen and a customer (100,000 customers even), had an issue or something, NOTHING would happen until Monday morning. Its the perks of being employed buy a company who appreciates its employees as much as the customers.

How is everyone not playing RDR2 this weekend anyways... It's gonna be a quiet month for Dayz Xbox...

1 hour ago, McPhorce said:

How is everyone not playing RDR2 this weekend anyways... It's gonna be a quiet month for Dayz Xbox...

My new favorite game to get KOS.

7 hours ago, McPhorce said:

How? Well because Although RDR2 is dope sauce, DAYZ is a far more technically fun game for most.

• Like 1

RDR is great if you like to follow someone elses story. It looks good, but, is it doing anything different or better than the original? Anyway, this is off topic, but Rock Star didn't really have their act together either considering the multiplayer has only just been added. Seems even the big studios can't release a finished product. At least BI tell you it's not finished. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

The bug where your current item in your hands gets stuck and the only fix is to log is also something I think you need to prioritize as that kind of thing happening at the wrong moment will not go down well with the majority of your players imo

46 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

The bug where your current item in your hands gets stuck and the only fix is to log is also something I think you need to prioritize as that kind of thing happening at the wrong moment will not go down well with the majority of your players imo

Literally almost just died from this. Got in a fight with a wolf pack and zeds heard the shots and came running into the fight. My axe got stuck in my hands and stopped doing any damage at all. I limped away and luckily they stopped chasing after a little while 

7 hours ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Its been reported. All we can do is wait for the upcoming fix this week and hope it is included.