RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

Lastly, at XO, Microsoft announced that mouse & keyboard support is officially coming to Xbox One - and DayZ is one of the games that will take advantage of this new feature! While we don't have a specific day to roll out support for mouse & keyboard input, it's safe to say that we will most likely not be able to do that before we leave Game Preview. Figuring out a good controller experience is the priority for us at the moment, and while it may seem like it's easy to just bring over the PC controls to Xbox, there's actually quite a lot of programming and scripting work that would need to be done in order to support this - and we need our programmers and scripters on other things right now! 

is this really going to be a thing good way to brake a console game.  

Read the thread before posting, he already wrote (a bit later) that people playing with controllers and m + k will NOT be playing on the same servers.

PS - It does not even matter that much, as the people who really want to play with m + k already bought XIM's or CronusMax's and are playing WITH you right now. ;)

On 11/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, RaptorM60 said:

Yes, it is definitely our goal to not mix players with different input methods.

Thank you!

Very much looking forward to this content. 

Keep up the great work!

Good day. Planning to add the Russian language?

Edited by Dmitriy42
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, terry mulkey said:

Dont really care about the m/k if I wanted that i would buy a PC 

That it very inspirational to hear!

5 hours ago, terry mulkey said:

Can yall please do something about the packs of wolves 

Helpful comment, do what exactly. More of them, less of them, different colours?? 

• Haha 1

On 17. 11. 2018 at 9:16 AM, Undeceived said:

BI, hearing about the M&K controls is absolutely amazing news! Also the separation of controller types on the servers.

Are you considering to implement cross play with the PC as well? That would be a dream come true (for me as PC player at least as I have some Xbox friends that are highly interested in the game). Of course I wouldn't expect it now but only after things have stabilized, etc.

Or did you definitely decide against crossplay, even after hearing about Microsoft's M&K support for the Xbox One?

Would be great to hear anything from you on that.

We'd love to do crossplay between Xbox Mouse & Keyboard players and PC players, but this will again require some additional changes done to the game + perfectly synchronizing our PC and Xbox One release schedules so that both platforms are always updated at the same moment. Right now we don't have any specific plan as to when we would be ready to support that. It's going to take some time, and definitely not going to happen in Game Preview.

2 hours ago, Dmitriy42 said:

Good day. Planning to add the Russian language?

DayZ will be localized to Russian with 1.0 on PC, so we will most likely also support Russian on Xbox when we go for the final release! :)

18 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

We'd love to do crossplay between Xbox Mouse & Keyboard players and PC players, but this will again require some additional changes done to the game + perfectly synchronizing our PC and Xbox One release schedules so that both platforms are always updated at the same moment. Right now we don't have any specific plan as to when we would be ready to support that. It's going to take some time, and definitely not going to happen in Game Preview.

I'm totally fine with that, if course I didn't expect this in the game preview phase. Good to know that you're thinking about it and that in general you would like to see it.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Great news really looking forward to the update and looking into the UI as this can be a little cumbersome but keep up the progress 

So I gather from reading that your what seemed like hint was useless BS , Don’t throw your flares away ?. why would you say that knowing damm well your wiping us all anyway , yeah I’m a little annoyed as Iv already lost 2 stash servers .. your building what seems like a great game but what about the harm your doing it . I bet I’m not the only person questioning myself for not waiting until you have your act together 

Edited by Duane Wyllie
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Duane Wyllie said:

So I gather from reading that your what seemed like hint was useless BS , Don’t throw your flares away ?. why would you say that knowing damm well your wiping us all anyway , yeah I’m a little annoyed as Iv already lost 2 stash servers .. your building what seems like a great game but what about the harm your doing it . I bet I’m not the only person questioning myself for not waiting until you have your act together 

Which part of game preview didn't you understand? 

Hello with the update are we going to be able to hold our breath for steady sniping?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Shotgun is a great addition. We need more early tier guns as currently the meta is you typically find a u70 and ammo if you are lucky and keep this until you come across an ump, m4 or an ak.

The other mid tier weapons are unused.

Mp5 and scorpion- nearly impossible to locate. I either find the gun or the mag only but locate a fully operational assault rifle before I locate the gun/mag I'm missing.

Iz18- easily found but once you find ammo for it at a mil base you toss it for an akm. 7.62x39 is rare on coast. The old spotter 22 would have been a great fit here

Moison- lots of rifles no ammo on coast.

Pistols other than u70 are hard to get as police stations barren 

Edited by awalsh47
Changes
  • Thanks 1

First off great game.

Yes its early days and there are lot of things to tweak or alter, but on the whole I have enjoyed playing the preview.

I understand the point of the server wipe to start on a clean base and see how stable things are with the changes, tricks in the name (preview).

Is there any new clothing or items your willing to divulge, is the shot gun a 2 barrel musket type?

Have you looked into the Mosin reload issue?

The AK prone scope issue, as much as I have always wondered what the back of my head looks like its a pain when trying to creep up on something or some one.)

Oh and the xbox party chat stopping in game prox voice working. I know the party chat is seen to be not in keeping with the game but it does come in handy when asking your friends what server are they on and so forth. Could there possibly be a visual cue to say your voice is muted in game (Icon?)

Other than that I'm looking forward to all the bases and cars appearing.

I do hope the hit dynamics mean we can head shot the drivers :)

Has the gun/reload glitch been addressed then? It's been a while since I've played, could not for the life of me reload or change mags on certain weapons. Can't wait for the new update, loving this game and the unique experience it delivers. 

21 hours ago, Don Jean said:

Has the gun/reload glitch been addressed then? It's been a while since I've played, could not for the life of me reload or change mags on certain weapons. Can't wait for the new update, loving this game and the unique experience it delivers. 

Yes, that happened about a month ago.

You dont get the problem from pressing Y to reload while aiming down sights anymore, but the mosin is still a one-shot rifle.

Crossed fingers about tomorrow!

35 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Yes, that happened about a month ago.

You dont get the problem from pressing Y to reload while aiming down sights anymore, but the mosin is still a one-shot rifle.

Crossed fingers about tomorrow!

Cheers buddy.

40 minutes ago, Kyle Goodwin said:

What time is will the update go live?

No confirmation from devs today that the update will be pushed out on schedule, xbox have to check update first but I'm fairly certain if an issue had arisen that someone from BI would have let us know we would be in for a longer wait. Fingers crossed it'll drop tomorrow as stated 

9 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

No confirmation from devs today that the update will be pushed out on schedule, xbox have to check update first but I'm fairly certain if an issue had arisen that someone from BI would have let us know we would be in for a longer wait. Fingers crossed it'll drop tomorrow as stated 

But.. what time tomorrow would it drop? Midnight? Or what? Lmao what time has the other ones dropped?

10 minutes ago, Kyle Goodwin said:

But.. what time tomorrow would it drop? Midnight? Or what? Lmao what time has the other ones dropped?

Hard to say dude, they've come out anywhere from 9am to 5pm UK time for me so could literally drop anytime of the day I think.