Skruffy

Server Reset Timing is Changing

This is from the official tweet on @DayZ on twitter:

XBOX PLAYERS:
So far we've been restarting the servers every 2 hours to make sure the performance is good. Recently, we implemented some stability improvements. That allows us to experiment with restarts every 5 hours, so your gameplay isn't interrupted as often.

Check out @DayZ’s Tweet:

I think this a fantastic change and I cannot wait for it to be standard 5 hours.

Thank you BI and the DayZ Dev Team!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

So, night time is a thing now then ?

42 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

No night time yet unfortunately ,  but a step closer to it.

Actually.... we may be seeing dusk. I'm not sure if the boot up time will be later, but we may actually see a bit of night if you are at the end of the server uptime

If this experiment works it very well could be the introduction to night time gameplay

Edited by Bombarding
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Actually.... we may be seeing dusk. I'm not sure if the boot up time will be later, but we may actually see a bit of night if you are at the end of the server uptime

If this experiment works it very well could be the introduction to night time gameplay

Admin commented on there Facebook post that this will definitely not include night time at this point unfortunately, I'm as hopeful as you that dusk may be a thing but In all honesty I doubt it. Night time in dayz mod and 0.62 was basically death time lol. With no NVG's everyone would be killed every night running around with flashlights as easy targets & if you have no flashlight zombies will simply destroy you as night time is pitch black pretty much. Plus the new flashlight mechanics aren't added yet and craftables torches are still buggy with reduced functionality, I hope to see nighttime return once BETA testing comes to console thought

6 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Admin commented on there Facebook post that this will definitely not include night time at this point unfortunately, I'm as hopeful as you that dusk may be a thing but In all honesty I doubt it. Night time in dayz mod and 0.62 was basically death time lol. With no NVG's everyone would be killed every night running around with flashlights as easy targets & if you have no flashlight zombies will simply destroy you as night time is pitch black pretty much. Plus the new flashlight mechanics aren't added yet and craftables torches are still buggy with reduced functionality, I hope to see nighttime return once BETA testing comes to console thought

Flashlights are in game. I have seen and used them as well as turn on the light.

Can you post which admin made this claim? 

To the best of my understanding night time is already implemented. We simply dont see it because of the reset times.

If the server starts at 12p locked and wont change, 2 hours or 5 hours wont show night time. So that would support the claim, but I'm pretty sure this is due to the servers uptime timer starting in the early am. As such we wont have night time due to that.

But we will see. If they really plan to go into beta without 5-8 hour servers and no night time.. im going to start questioning things.

How can we enter the beta build in a month or 2 without night time. As I simply stated this update and experiment may not show night time but...

37 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

An introduction meaning could be coming soon..

6 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Flashlights are in game. I have seen and used them as well as turn on the light.

Can you post which admin made this claim? 

To the best of my understanding night time is already implemented. We simply dont see it because of the reset times.

If the server starts at 12p locked and wont change, 2 hours or 5 hours wont show night time. So that would support the claim, but I'm pretty sure this is due to the servers uptime timer starting in the early am. As such we wont have night time due to that.

But we will see. If they really plan to go into beta without 5-8 hour servers and no night time.. im going to start questioning things.

How can we enter the beta build in a month or 2 without night time. As I simply stated this update and experiment may not show night time but...

An introduction meaning could be coming soon..

If you go on dayz Facebook page it was a direct response to the night time question by a poster from DayZ so admins name wasn't available unfortunately. Just an official response. Also flashlights functionality has been wrong since 0.62 , the beam wasn't aligned with crosshair correctly when turning and the BETA launch on PC experimental will fix this issue. They provided video of the new improved flashlight as part of the last status update 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Beans 1

Just take into account that there's very little chance we will see night time before PC community will as they'd absolutely explode , rightly so after 4years of development. Status report makes no mention of night time and it spells out next couple of months testing and experimental server testing on PC so it'll be some time before we see any significant changes in that respect.

best to keep expectations low , that way we will be pleasantly suprised if just spring it on us lol :)

Originally there use to be night time server when it was a closed beta I’ve played on them but once it came to the public preview I haven’t seen any but I’m am starting to see servers go from sunny to rain in my opinion I believe it will be soon. I believe there are strictly night servers 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info @Bombarding

Whether the server restarts every 2 or 5 hours, time is not moving forward in the xbox version.

Just observe the sun and shadows and you will see that they are at the same place for the entire session.

I have DayZ on PC and on Xbox and I did the comparison. I wish someone would prove I'm wrong, though.

Edited by Tarkules
Tnx op
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Just take into account that there's very little chance we will see night time before PC community will as they'd absolutely explode , rightly so after 4years of development. Status report makes no mention of night time and it spells out next couple of months testing and experimental server testing on PC so it'll be some time before we see any significant changes in that respect.

best to keep expectations low , that way we will be pleasantly suprised if just spring it on us lol :)

Night time is already on the PC and has been for ages. the PC servers have 'Accelerated' time servers and 'standard' time servers. accelerated are the best as you get quick a few cycles before the server resets. 

Edited by ThompHead569