Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.63.147489

1 hour ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Is the MP5 broken?  All the MP5s I have found show that they have an empty 15-round magazine, but I can't remove the mag to load or replace it.  Just found 2 30-round mags and they're useless, as is the MP5 itself.

Posted too soon again... apparently, it's just the MP5s that spawn in with the 15-round mags that are broken.  Found one without a mag and was able to make use of the 30-rounders.

31 minutes ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Posted too soon again... apparently, it's just the MP5s that spawn in with the 15-round mags that are broken.  Found one without a mag and was able to make use of the 30-rounders.

And, yet, another update to this found issue.  It's MP5's that spawn with either the 15 or the 30-round mags.  The mags don't appear on the object model, but are definitely there.   You just can't remove them from the weapon at all.

Edited by NachoNinjaGnome
grammar correction (omitted word)

Have you tried inserting a clip as it may just be a visual glitch? On the current stress test M4s spawn without clips but when picked up they look as though they have a clip inserted but when you check it from the inventory screen there's actually nothing there.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Have you tried inserting a clip as it may just be a visual glitch? On the current stress test M4s spawn without clips but when picked up they look as though they have a clip inserted but when you check it from the inventory screen there's actually nothing there.

Yes, I fiddled with a few of them over the course of two, significantly long, play sessions.  All three MP5s (2 with 15-round and 1 with a 30-round mag) would not allow me to click and drag the magazine off of the weapon, nor would they allow me to drag a new magazine onto the "Combine" section (was red-ed out).  I admit, I'm still learning the new system, but that's the only two ways I've found to interact with magazines in weapons.

Still can't access the bug report section and found, yet another, bug... so, I'm posting about it here, again.  I think I broke my character.  Last night, I was attempting to switch out my TTSKO Jacket for a USMC Jacket to no avail.  First, I placed my extra backpack (full of gear) on the ground and took my TTSKO Jacket to my hands while I attempted to put the USMC Jacket on my body so that I could transfer gear from one jacket to the other without putting my full jacket on the ground.  I've used this exact method every time I've switched jacket, pants or backpacks with all of my characters and haven't had a single issue.  Only, this time, the USMC Jacket would not transfer to my character.  So, I put my TTSKO back on, picked up my backpack and continued to loot around the tents.  I came across an M65 Jacket and attempted the same and, again, the new jacket would not transfer over.  I tried switching it out for the jacket in my extra backpack and it wouldn't go.  I left it alone as well and went about looting further, bringing my extra backpack with me, of course.  I made my rounds and circled back to the USMC Jacket.  This time, the USMC managed to switch for me and I proceeded to transfer my Skorpion and other gear to the new USMC Jacket.  But the USMC was "Badly Damaged", so I went back to where the M65 Jacket was laying.  I once again, tried putting the M65 on my character, didn't work.  I tried to switch it to my extra backpack and, lo and behold, it switched.  I tried one more time to switch the M65 with the USMC and still didn't work.  I picked up my extra backpack and ran out the tent area and logged to see if I could fix the issue by relogging (which often fixes those little inventory glitches) but, when I logged back in, my extra backpack was not in my hands and I was wearing the Gorka Jacket (that had been in my extra backpack) that I had replaced with the M65.  So, not only did I lose a Green Mountain Backpack full of an extra character's worth of gear, but I lost the three jackets I would have preferred over the Gorka Jacket, as well as my Skorpion and other gear that was in my USMC Jacket.  So, after that loss, I logged out, exited game and went to bed.  Now, here I am.  New day, new launch, new log in.  Back in to move forward and attempt to recoup my losses, but now my character is completely broken.  I can't put anything in my hands at all.  I can't pull any of my weapons on my hotbar.  Going to try a new a new character now.  Maybe I can get back to my old character's position and leave his gear on the ground for the new one.  Got a LONG walk ahead of me.

So, it won't let me start a new character... just keeps logging in the same one.  Going to see if I can find another player to give my gear to before I kill my character (would hate to see all this go to waste).  Then, we'll see if a new character still has the same issue.

You have 1 first person and 1 3rd person character on experimental. You gotta die to get a new one.

I think I've found a funny minor bug - in the light of a flashlight (at night, ofc), all arrows on the hiking trail spots (those boards with names of farther spots) look black. Take away the flashlight beam and they're coloured again. Should I even report it? It's been ages since the last time I did it.

Do you think guys we can expect some development on the whole stamina feature? I believe that the stamina bar was the first design in this department and dates back some 20 years, give or take. Maybe it works for FPS games, but it's kinda weird to do a long travel by the ''sprint 10 sec./jog 10 sec." mode, besides it's not how 'being tired' works.

I'm sure this is just the first rough draft. Did the team share some info?

Is it a common knowledge that zombies (and chickens) don't see you if you're coming to them ax-swinging? I imagine it is by now.

0.63 is looking mighty fine! Ofc it still needs a lot of tweaking. I will name just a few examples that I encountered during roaming around, ant it will mainly be visual changes I noticed. There is no animation putting your gun on/away from your back, in inventory you see your weapons behind your legs, sometimes you find weapons that you cant detach magazines from (mainly Mp5), never found gun holster yet, when you aim from hip your character points weapon to the ground but shoots straight and when you switch to ADS you aim at ground (happens sometimes), i think MP5 spawns to much because i sometimes found 5-6 of them in police stations, loot in clothing has been severely reduced and i don't know if that was the intention or not, zombies still run trough walls and sometimes they glitch in house floors so that only they head stick out. Those are some things i noticed in 0.63 in my few hours of experience playing it. But never the less, progress is very noticeable.

by all the love i got forDayZ just got really depressed when i came along a game called "Mist". they got allready a lot of the mechanics i stil yearning for in DayZ. i really pray you get all the basbuilding and survivalist content in soon.

man, i really love DayZ but this waiting is really tought on me

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, MathTheRender said:

by all the love i got forDayZ just got really depressed when i came along a game called "Mist". they got allready a lot of the mechanics i stil yearning for in DayZ. i really pray you get all the basbuilding and survivalist content in soon.

man, i really love DayZ but this waiting is really tought on me

mist survival is not a beauty but good fun for early alpha with a lot of nice and working gameplay features  ....made by a one man team :/ 

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

mist survival is not a beauty but good fun for early alpha with a lot of nice and working gameplay features  ....made by a one man team :/ 

i also think its not a beauty, but its shelter mecjanics make me wonder how long we gonna wait on ours in dayz.

somehow i cant open a caned sardines can. not with my hands, neither wit a knife or an axe. i think that counts as a bug

8 hours ago, MathTheRender said:

somehow i cant open a caned sardines can. not with my hands, neither wit a knife or an axe. i think that counts as a bug

You must double left mouse click and then it opens... for some reason it works that way

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hypergolem said:

You must double left mouse click and then it opens... for some reason it works that way

thanks a lot, i think you just saved my characters life

On 28/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jokey4234 said:

Где все сервера?

Where are all the servers?

Well, do you have some problems with the visualization of the server list buddy?

Not sure, do we have PBR Materials yet?

if not, are they planned at some point?

will they slow down the performance of enfusion engine?

Sry, was not sure where to poste since art and design branch of the forum are a bit outdated.