Sign in to follow this  
nl

persistence in offline mode?

Does anyone know if the offline mode will ever get persistence? I know offline mode will stay as a modding tool but it would be kind of cool to be able to practice base building and so on without the chance of getting raided.

I doubt that the current stress test version will get persistence but if I am correct the devs did announce an offline/SP mode. Not sure when we can expect it though.

There will probably be persistence eventually, but right now the only way is with some editing of how files are stored. There's a workaround on Reddit about how to make offline mode "save" your character and gear, but it has flaws and you usually lose some items when you log back in, and the base character changes too. Also, there's no real persistence like tents staying there and such.

Hopefully we'll get a real single player mode when it's ready.

• Like 1

This will only be possible if the server files are available. The offline mode we have now is not a real offline mode as it simulates with server / client, only the CLE is really integrated and that only in the core internal version. This means that no imports of memory files are possible because the server is only simulated in RAM. The real server software stores various topics (for example: door status / map changes / the CLE table and current status list .character data passed to the character hive).

• Like 1

It's definitely possible by making some scripts. There are already some on this forum or the Reddit but I tried one and it worked but after a session I lost a lot of items. After that I didn't bother with offline mode anymore.

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

This will only be possible if the server files are available. The offline mode we have now is not a real offline mode as it simulates with server / client, only the CLE is really integrated and that only in the core internal version. This means that no imports of memory files are possible because the server is only simulated in RAM. The real server software stores various topics (for example: door status / map changes / the CLE table and current status list .character data passed to the character hive).

It's called a database and yeah without any of the server files there's no way of properly storing persistence.

1 minute ago, IMT said:

It's definitely possible by making some scripts. There are already some on this forum or the Reddit but I tried one and it worked but after a session I lost a lot of items. After that I didn't bother with offline mode anymore.

This is a separate implementation of persistence that is as simple as checking items on your player and saving it to be loaded in next time you log in. Sometimes if you crash or the game doesn't close properly it will not save and you will either rollback or start with a new character.

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

Dies ist eine separate Implementierung von Persistenz, die so einfach ist, wie Elemente auf Ihrem Player zu überprüfen und zu speichern, damit sie beim nächsten Einloggen geladen werden. Manchmal, wenn Sie abstürzen oder das Spiel nicht richtig schließt, wird es nicht gespeichert Rollback oder mit einem neuen Charakter beginnen.

... It's better than starting over an over again.

Edited by forty_two

3 hours ago, DannyDog said:

This is a separate implementation of persistence that is as simple as checking items on your player and saving it to be loaded in next time you log in. Sometimes if you crash or the game doesn't close properly it will not save and you will either rollback or start with a new character.

I know how it works but I guess they had a bug because my game did close correctly. And actually, it's not really a seperate implementation of persistence, all it does is write some values to a JSON file, not really a good way to use persistence.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:47 AM, nl said:

Does anyone know if the offline mode will ever get persistence? I know offline mode will stay as a modding tool but it would be kind of cool to be able to practice base building and so on without the chance of getting raided.

No idea about the persistence.

You don't really need it. With Beta, we'll get mods to test in offline mode. Right now, you can use something like the Arkensor Github offline mod addon.  Use this to explore the game.  Test mechanics, base building, melee fighting, the effects of removing dispersion, find map bugs, and more!

It's a great tool.  I imagine it could really help with generating feedback during beta.  Devs haven't endorsed mods yet, but have given us offline mode, and opened the door to what comes with that.

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-how-to-install-dayz-0-63-single-player-offline-unofficial-mode-tutorial-tips-nomadgaming/

Follow this video closely and you'll be base building in no time.

• Like 1

?!

On 6/3/2018 at 2:47 AM, nl said:

Persistence will be added at a later date to SP/Offline mode. This has been confirmed several times..

I am not sure why that question wasn't able to be answered yet? 

• Like 1