Sign in to follow this  
Bings (DayZ)

0.63 Night looks awful

Maybe it's just something for the stress test but what I've seen from streams it looks cartoonish and horrible.

New:

Old/Current?:

The latter is so much better and more atmospheric.  A night where you can see everything kind of destroys the point. Please don't make night over bright and sucky.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Eugen Harton already said on the last stream from 0.63, that all the issues we have (gamma fe.) will be fixed during the experimental of 0.63. 

• Like 2

Nighttime for me looks totally different. It is way darker and compared to you I would be at a massive disadvantage. Are you sure that your gamma or brightness isn't set to high? You can also try to adjust it a little bit, this would fix gamma/brightness issues for me in 0.62.

Yeah as Vernon_Price said, that aspect will definetly get better.
I hope the devs make the nights very dark so that the flashlights etc. are more useful, bcause now they are totally useless.

• Like 1

How is your 0.63 video so bright? I could barely see anything.

By the way, gamma is already removed as a way of making the game more bright. I tried toying with my computer screen but it did not work. Adjusting the in-game brightness did however make my game a bit more visible at night.

Edited by amadieus

@Bings (DayZ)probably has the same issue as me, my nights look the same as his and daytime is way too bright. I have brightness in the game set to 0% and monitor brightness at 25% and it still looks too bright. And I noticed I am having the same issue again as in early .62, Nividia Shadowplay making dark recordings which was eventually solved but is back with .63. Not sure if at the time it was solved by Dayz update or a Nvidia driver. It is like playing in the day time and having forgotten to turn down the gamma exploit. Using the latest NVidia driver 397.31, previous driver same issue. GPU and monitor specs in signature.

It is almost like the changes to settings I make don;t apply and all just defaults.

You can kinda see in these pics what I mean, this is at 0% brightness. All look overexposed, obviously light colors most, in 0.26 it's much more balanced. In-game it looks even brighter.

https://imgur.com/BsOe0cR

https://imgur.com/trTzs83

https://imgur.com/J6robmD

Edited by nl

1 hour ago, nl said:

And I noticed I am having the same issue again as in early .62, Nividia Shadowplay making dark recordings which was eventually solved but is back with .63. oks even brighter.https://imgur.com

For me, Shadowplay results in a very bright 0.63. Some problem with the full screen. Old change settings or alt+tab trick didn't work, fed up so just went windowed borderless.

I don't like the nighttime since the new renderer. There are too many colors and therefore it doesn't look authentic.

Old night...

dDJYuSE.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Right, why do people keep commenting with out reading the information provided by developers! .63 test is not representation of .63 exp., stable or any other versions... Stress testing! This is not a release, they make that perfectly clear if you take the time to read the test forum...

DayZ entered the Early Access program in the hopes of including the many passionate Chernarus Survivors into the development process.

The DayZ Early Access community is invited to participate in the official DayZ forum community at forums.dayz.com

I did not see any caveats in the statement I quoted those lines from about only posting feedback that meets the approval of ShallowTech.

Anyway, night time should be dark IMO. Even more so when it rains, to simulate the cloud cover. If it's going to be dark like it used to be (like in the video) when I last played  and the devs have just set this new renderer like it is now for some unknown reason then awesome. As, what I've seen in multiple videos of the stress test at night, I don't like that. I want Zombies jumping out of the darkness in the middle of nowhere and giving me a heart attack.

This (8 and a half minutes in) is what I want! :)

Also, the misty forest rain weather seen earlier in the video looks awesome.