boydy73

Favourite DayZ YouTube Content Creator survey

So many content creators have created epic series that have captured the imagination of those of us who love what DayZ is all about, taking us on epic adventures across Chernarus with them or wowing us with amazing PvP skills. I want to know from you all who the best in DayZ, so answer the questions below and feel free to add your own names as u please! I am only one person, and tried to collate as many names as possible, but I know I have missed so many others, so please forgive me. Results will be posted on my YouTube channel once the survey is completed.

Survey Link is here

Cheers!!

• Beans 1

I don't bother with pvp videos, so some questions I had to answer with 'don't know'

Well that was an easy one, FRANKIEonPC on all of them.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, IMT said:

Well that was an easy one, FRANKIEonPC on all of them.

Same. Sucks that he can't upload much anymore :/

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Same. Sucks that he can't upload much anymore :/

Yep, hope he's back soon but also starts uploading DayZ. Even though his video's are staged nowadays, they still provide a lot of entertainment! To be honest, I started watching his DayZ Standalone series a few days before this survey, so it's funny he's mentioned in the survey. It also reminds me immediately how much DayZ has progressed over time, despite people saying otherwise. :)

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Yep, hope he's back soon but also starts uploading DayZ. Even though his video's are staged nowadays, they still provide a lot of entertainment! To be honest, I started watching his DayZ Standalone series a few days before this survey, so it's funny he's mentioned in the survey. It also reminds me immediately how much DayZ has progressed over time, despite people saying otherwise. :)

That's why i watch them actually. I liked that it was scripted because it made it so unique. Still trying to find a youtuber that can do the same :/

And yeah man dayz has changed so much since then.

Frankie for sure. I don't think its over staged. I think he just gets hours and hours of footage and takes only the best bits out and puts it all together well. Either way his work set a high standard.

Edited by Rekurv

Frankie had an unique style of recording or I could even say "filming", that's more appropriate. His style implied so many cinematography techniques that is hard to achieve and usually takes hours upon hours. He worked weeks or even months for a video.

• Beans 1

Staged or not, Frankie's videos were the height of production quality for DayZ videos. 

Edit: I'm talking about the mod days. 

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Beans 1

Well, I was rather talking about his latest Arma 3 video's. He doesn't record on public servers anymore because it ruins good clips, etc. He explains and shows it all in this video:

I don't think his DayZ (Standalone) video's are staged though.  His recent video's are also not entirely staged but they're most certainly not random encouters anymore. That does not mean that his video's aren't entertaining anymore because they still are.

Not only that, a lot of work goes into those video's, which I do appreciate.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Top Vet: TEH JAM JAR (The Jam never disappoints and see's things others don't that always make his content amazing)

Top Newcomer: Reiiiiidiculous (This guy is going to be huge someday)

I am an unapologetic Frankie fan.  Am rewatching his videos right now.  I think his earlier episodes are the best because they were mostly just he and Jack playing, even if there was a lot of editing.  But, I understand why he does more scripted stuff now.  Still fun.  I need to try and find some other people to watch, as I have been away from the game for so long and in the dark.

Very few are actually good.. I love Jakon. His stuff is always entertaining to me.

Meh.  I'd probably vote for content creators like gekofish. 

For me, it has to be entertaining.  If there's a story, then great.  Tactical PVP videos are a dime a dozen.  I personally find videos boring when the interaction is strictly bullets flying.