SeizLex

Heavy rain.

Hello! I remember when were 0.61 and 0.60 patches,and sometimes was heavy rain. Really heavy,can't see through this rain. Why in .62 not heavy rain? Please,add this heavy rain back! This is was so awesome! This is was a big feature,and i'm so sad what this heavy rain is gone. It was really atmoshperic and beutiful.  Who want heavy rain too?

There is a screenshots: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126954

• Like 1

It was here:

https://dayz-servers.org/server/12569/

Exp 24/7 Rain/heavy Rain.

Edit: ExpServer are offline... i hope we have a offizial "Veteran-Rain" Server ... wait. maybe ;) 

Edited by Sqeezorz
Add

Sadly - it appears that most players prefers, to log-off whenever they are facing real threat, and rain can be a real threat.

I really hope for the effective solutions from devs. Because people suck when there are no laws.  

Edited by Mantasisg

2 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Because people suck when there are no laws.  

.. but .. that's DayZ, it's kind of the point of the game

6 hours ago, SeizLex said:

@Mantasisg Yeah...that's really sad,when people talking about survive,but exit when night comes,or rain. :(

Double standards, or just stupidity, perhaps both. But hey it is smart to log-off, or switch server - you win, you survive, avoid so much trouble.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Double standards, or just stupidity, perhaps both. But hey it is smart to log-off, or switch server - you win, you survive, avoid so much trouble.

What? I said what you right,what are people suck when they facing real threat. Where did you see double standarts? I like hardcore,and i agree with this: "But hey it is smart to log-off, or switch server - you win, you survive, avoid so much trouble".

@SeizLex No, not you. I know that you are fan of challenges. And it fits that you would enjoy having to deal with things such as rain.

I was more about the majority of DayZ players. Ask anybody who are playing DayZ if they like hardcore survival, they will probably say yes, and then will use "log-off help" half an hour later. To me personally playing DayZ and avoiding the very essential thing of this game - beating death, is like double standard for real. Launching this game is automatic agreement to be thrown into life threatening situations, but so much are so easily avoidable.

This is so essential. 

8 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

But hey it is smart to log-off, or switch server - you win, you survive, avoid so much trouble.

Why not just spawn on the coast and log out, never to return?  You stay alive that way.  The whole point is to survive through the trouble.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, klesh said:

Why not just spawn on the coast and log out, never to return?  You stay alive that way.  The whole point is to survive through the trouble.

Why not just not spawn at all ?

Ernest Hemingway said << Don't strain and you won't get piles >>  . That SHOULD be taken both ways in a "survival" scenario.
And like the mountaineers say << If you are warm, in shelter, with dry socks, well fed and you just had a good shit - you aren't on a mountain >>.

So three things to the GAMEPLAY OF RAIN are:
- 1 ) It seems like the rain has to be really heavy now to refill your canteeen.. heavier than just "you are damp" - am I right?

- 2 ) And exactly when your head cover gets damp; all the stuff in your pockets, your ammo, your pants, jacket and your boots ALL get damp, then WET, at exactly that same moment.  That's kind of odd and unnatural if you ever spent any time out in rain or woods. 

- 3 ) VERY Important = NEVER underestimate the power  of rain as a TACTICAL TOOL. You can use it to your advantage in plenty of ways - EVEN (at the lowest game level) if it just means waiting until the loot-tent kids get fed up and log off. If they log because of rain they probably won't be back on this server for a while. If they 'play it through' and take shelter or build a fire (or even party around the campfire) you have them dead to rights.  If they shelter in a tent, a house or a vehicle you have them. In the woods their overwatch (even if they have one) will be under a tree and not concentrating. If they are cold and wet, you know they will be "shaking" in a very short time unless they worry about that right now - and they will pay much less attention to their environment.

Eg - stay under dry cover and shoot the first guy who crouches to light the campfire. 
If you see firelight, when you approach they will be stripping off gear and helmets, packs on the ground. And because of the timing on public hive ATM a lot of  the action takes place after dark. You can see a fire a good way off, further than smoke in daylight. Everyone with a loot tent or a camp or barrels needs fire now regularly unless they hop all the time (and that's easy to deal with too).

Few are organized enough to cook and dry safely far from their stash. And their locations are in the obvious places, not too far from good loot points, but not too near. Under cover close to a path but somewhere easy to remember.  If they use cars for greater mobility you can hear them and follow on foot -  by the third time you hear the car you know more or less where they are holed up.   And THEN rain is your best friend.

- Also .. yep, rain makes your pumpkins grow, you just sit under a tree and watch.. 

xxP

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

- 2 ) And exactly when your head cover gets damp; all the stuff in your pockets, your ammo, your pants, jacket and your boots ALL get damp, then WET, at exactly that same moment.  That's kind of odd and unnatural if you ever spent any time out in rain or woods. 

I am fairly sure that's not how the devs want it to be either. The reason why it is the way it is now - with a single, all encompassing 'humidity' value for the player - is due to the limitations of the legacy code (the last of which will be gone with .63). So while each item of clothing has it's own absorbency/water resistance values, and combine to slow down or prevent the humidity value from increasing, once you hit damp, wet, soaked and drenched states, every clothing item you are wearing or pick up, and their contents will change to that state (except of course stuff that is already waterproof and their contents). Another unfortunate side effect of this limitation is that if you are wet, and go inside a building and change out of all your wet clothes and put on dry clothes, you, along with all those dry clothes, are wet.  While we do have the option to "wring out" clothing items if we take them off, empty their contents, and put them back on seems to have very small effect on helping you dry out, the rate at which your temperature drops until the fire is going, combined with the rate that a fire drys you makes wringing out clothes a fairly pointless act right now.

I wouldn't expect we'll see this system to replaced when we get our hands on .63, as there are many many higher priority things for them to tend to first. However, the new player controller should remove many of those limitations from the old system, giving the devs the ability to rework that aspect of the game. Since the whole wet/dry/temperature aspect will play a significant role with the stuff they have planned for the addition/expansion of the infection/disease system (influenza, the common cold, etc), it's not unreasonable to expect the new versions of those two elements of the game to be added to the game together at some point after the more important stuff is in place and working with .63 .

On 10/20/2017 at 5:45 AM, Mantasisg said:

Why not just not spawn at all ?

Because I want to play DayZ?