Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.142080

Hello guys,

I know I am late with this change log but I wasn't here on Friday, sorry for it.

We had some troubles with another server crash caused by players. It should be fixed now and we will move it to stable asap.

Over and out!

• Like 13

Nice to see you guys are still providing critical hotfixes! :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Riki68 said:

Hello, when is planned update to 0.63?

Never??? j/k seriously though, have patience and it will come when it's ready.

It`s something wierd going on the latest stable patches when u crouch among other things and a house glitch u see through walls, and a graphic issue when u hit objects, but don`t bother focus on 0.63. 

On 9-10-2017 at 8:47 AM, Riki68 said:

Hello, when is planned update to 0.63?

my guess?? end of november somewhere...

since most version updates take 5-6 months to complete nowadays and .62 hails from june

if at the current pace they crank out 2-3 full updates a year they'd be done in 12 years doubt bohemia is going to wait 17 years on a game release..
so prob. ramps up last few patches when modding becomes a thing.. they give the reigns too the community and say: run with it... they'll add the best mods in the 'vanilla' experience then say 1.0 in 1-2 years from now

Yes i remember when DayZ was on the top 40000 players in Weekend play in this Alpha Game now in Saturday on Sunday play around 4000 players. They want do something impossible about this game.I bought this game in 2014 For over a year this game has not changed at all! A big empty open world. 60 players on the server is definitely not enough to fill such a world! Ninety percent of the players are in the largest cities in game rest of the world is very empty, you can run several hours after the small towns or forests and do not meet anyone only few easy to kills zombies. In this game do not feel the threat and survival problem I was running a full server a few hours in the woods or small towns or different buildings and I did not meet anyone! Zero players or dangerous animals This game starts to get boring quickly through this open, terribly empty world.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rafal Pietrzyk said:

Yes i remember when DayZ was on the top 40000 players in Weekend play in this Alpha Game now in Saturday on Sunday play around 4000 players. They want do something impossible about this game.I bought this game in 2014 For over a year this game has not changed at all! A big empty open world. 60 players on the server is definitely not enough to fill such a world! Ninety percent of the players are in the largest cities in game rest of the world is very empty, you can run several hours after the small towns or forests and do not meet anyone only few easy to kills zombies. In this game do not feel the threat and survival problem I was running a full server a few hours in the woods or small towns or different buildings and I did not meet anyone! Zero players or dangerous animals This game starts to get boring quickly through this open, terribly empty world.

60 players are just fine amount.military areas,hospitals,fire stations,police stations supermarket should have some stuff what player needs...making those hotspots.
i recall that in mod,i was constantly looting supermarkets for matches...where do you need matches at standalone?it takes 30 seconds to make fire without matches in forest.
why go to hospital to search bandages?there is rags everywhere in game...what to do with antibiotics or painkillers?...never had to use those.if there is something wrong with my leg in game....rags/sticks=splint.

21 hours ago, kopo79 said:

60 players are just fine amount.military areas,hospitals,fire stations,police stations supermarket should have some stuff what player needs...making those hotspots.

since you're from finland... (or at least thats what ur dayz states) you know how much 60 people are in a country which is 90% forest.. 
please keep in mind.. that chernarus is twice SIZE of luxemburg 

some statistics maybe?

luxemburg

2.586 km²
582.291 inhabitants (2016)

chernarus

About 5.450 km²

Pre-Outbreak:
3,000,000 Chernarussians
800,000 Russians
Post-Outbreak:
Below 1,000

1,000 people 

no there are not 940 zeds on the server.. that would break it in 10.000.000 pieces
60 people is NOT enough in a country TWICE... I repeat... TWICE the size of luxemburg

when you have 60 people on a server that large.. plus (maybe) 100-150 zeds at any given time.. 
well you do the math.. totally EMPTY server in regards to how large the map is.. 
when NPC's hit the map at some point.. there aren't going to be 200 of them.. maybe 50-60 at max..

120 active lines on a map plus maybe 100-120 zeds (because I imagine NPC's have their own agenda much like they had in the mod)

groups of 5 so thats 12 groups of survivors maybe 10 if you have a larger group

so NO I don't think 60 players maybe 4-5 packs of wolves (if you're lucky) and in the future 60 npc's are enough in a map this large... half the map..
YEAH sure but a map this size... unrealistic.. and what is the main focus of the dayz dev team again??

'creating a realisitic survival experience for its player base'
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i recall that in mod,i was constantly looting supermarkets for matches...where do you need matches at standalone?it takes 30 seconds to make fire without matches in forest.
why go to hospital to search bandages?there is rags everywhere in game...what to do with antibiotics or painkillers?...never had to use those.if there is something wrong with my leg in game....rags/sticks=splint.

you prob. have not seen the latest update video's of .63 (beta)

if you break your leg in that.. and 'fix' it with a splint.. you're going to be limping for the rest of your chars life.. 
so people know something was up with you... might even slow you down don't know that yet.. but it should imo

finding stuff everywhere... well thats totally on your style of playing.. not the game..

I used to get matches from supermarkets indeed.. 
I've played on RP server for 3 years straight.. bartering them off..
why? because I'd 'learn' in character... meeting other people who showed me how to craft things from scratch..
there's no need for bandages.. WELL here we go again... the 'need' for bandages might not be there as much anymore..

but what if you're like me.. I want ALL of my things to be prestine.. when I hand them out.. including bandages..

so I either run to a hospital (taking there's some risk involved)
OR I run to a med center in some small town to look for rubbing alcohol (still some risk involved)

either way I have prestine rags and I can ensure my fellow survivors they won't get sick or infections
from shaggy bandages that have been opend and on the floor in a puddle of blood for 10 hours

it's all a matter of perspective and how you look at things..

dayz is 'your story'

you wanna play dayz as a FPS game? go ahead its your thing.. do it..
you wanna play dayz like a RP game with certain rules and character creating? go ahead if thats your thing do it :)

it's not all as black and white as you make it seem my fellow survivor.. think outside the box..
and you'll soon find out how good of a game you can make it for yourself.

Edited by Tigermonk

14 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

since you're from finland... (or at least thats what ur dayz states) you know how much 60 people are in a country which is 90% forest.. 
please keep in mind.. that chernarus is twice SIZE of luxemburg 

some statistics maybe?

luxemburg

2.586 km²
582.291 inhabitants (2016)

chernarus

About 5.450 km²

Chernarus playable map is 236 km², that figure includes parts of the ocean.

• Like 3

On 1-11-2017 at 1:25 AM, -Gews- said:

Chernarus playable map is 236 km², that figure includes parts of the ocean.

so maybe we'll be left with 100+ km² of land.. that STILL a ton of land where technically nothing is roaming the streets/doing anything thats threatening or anything else for that matter..

dayz is a fairly large open world map... but its major (and certainly) not its only flaw... is being EMPTY

just stating that for the record here..

3.8 million people in the whole of chernarus..
we play on aprox. 1:36th of the map (150 km²)

3.8 million people devided by 36 is 25333 aprox 1000 people left 
so where are 23700 bodies?? not in the map thats for sure 

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

..snip..
3.8 million people devided by 36 is 25333 aprox 1000 people left 
so where are 23700 bodies?? not in the map thats for sure 

Hm, im sure the bodys are here... on the map.

On this picture are (visible)~30bodys ;-)

(Maybe...in real 100 !) 

dayz-corpse-pile-on-0-60-exp.jpg

**we could start a search ... where are all the corpses heaps. (in Chernogorks around the Big Tower are many) ... we should all search .... to have certainty.

Edited by Sqeezorz
**Add contest
  • Beans 1