kopo79

spice up the gameplay/realism settings

My attempt to spice up the gameplay.
Some thoughts i have made with realism in my mind and some thoughts are through gameplay(player interactions,visiting locations,giving value to some items)

Starting gear rag is alcohol purified

GENERAL SETTINGS

- Use server with 8x-12x time acceleration
- Dont use internet maps(izurvive etc) if you dont have ingame map
- You can only pick up pristine or worn items but may use damaged items as a melee weapon.
- Log out only in shelter,place where rain cannot catch you.
- Quit the game before looting the town,you can loot it next time.(No double looting)
- Dont use vicinity search...use your eyes.If its dark,use light.
- Try to eat variety food.
- Clothes/backpacks/tents/barrels should be pristine or worn
Raincoat allways pristine only.
- Guns only from other player/houses next to
 policestation or from militaryareas,Skalisty/Prison island
- Bullets from everywhere.

CRAFTING
- Hand drill kit crafting is allowed only near your tent.You can obtain kit from other (unknown) player.Use one time only
- Craftable weapons allowed.Dont use rags to craft bows or fishing rods.(use proper rope)
- Improvised stoneknife is actually IMPROVISED TOOL
   (it simulates that it is piece of class or metal.Use one time only
   you can only find it from near this
  24Mhp0t.jpg
   and you can craft it only in workbench
  elo6WdZ.jpg

HEALTH,FOOD AND MOVEMENT
- Character sprinting is not allowed when fast breathing
- You can cure bleeding only with alcohol purified rags+one antibiotic or bandage.So even pristine rag must be purified.so NO sewing kit to stop bleeding
 -  Use sewing kit only to clothes(No to bandages)
- You can cure chipped/sprained bodyparts  with splint.
- You can use splint on broken leg only inside hospitals or if other player give you splint.
- Sprinting/jogging not allowed with chipped/sprained leg....must walk
- Applefarms/orchards on southern coast is only source of apples.Dubky is the line,
  (Kamenka,Balota,Prigorodgi,Elektozavodsk,Kamyshovo)
- Raw rice could be eaten only when you have fire and cookingpot full of water near.
- Cooked meat can be storaged only in barrels or drybags(simulating storaging with salt),So dont storage meat in your backbag.Meat must be eated after cooking. 

- you can eat damaged or raw food.
- You cant use seeds what comes from the vegetables...use only seeds from the paperbag.
- Hunt animals only with long distance weapons examble bow.
- If animal is glitched or get stuck...maybe its old and ill...end its misery but dont use as your food.
- In presence of any radio tower with walkietalkie and pristine battery,ask for help or write everything you want in this thread

"The librarian"
-Collect at least 30 different books(pristine or worn)

"The mechanic"
-Own all the cars in drivable state

"Basemaker"
Make the perfect base including:
Tent
Car
Barrel
Fireplace with Cooking Tripod
Plant

"The gun store"
-Own 15 different weapons with bullets and weapon cleaning kit.

"Store of stary"
-Fill the store in Stary Sobor with various items

"Bury the Mike"
-Your mission is bury the Mike.
-Character whose diary is in this topic.
 read it and you know where and why he died.
For proper grave you need to shovel the ground and craft stone-oven as a tombstone.
In grave you must bury the Mikes favorite book,favorite food,and note with the 2 last lines of mikes
favorite song lyrics.(ten words from end)
all the information cannot be found in diary.Use other method.

Edited by kopo79
curing bleeding with alcohol purified rags need also 1 antibiotic
  • Like 4

No killing others without going to jail for life.

• Like 2

just for now im thinking that guns should only pickable from policestations and militaryareas or if someone gives gun.craftable weapons should be allowed.
also thinking how im gonna set character sprinting/fire making/eating....

EDIT(bad english):D

Edited by kopo79

3 hours ago, kopo79 said:

just for now im thinking that guns should only pickable from policestations and militaryareas or if someone gives gun.craftable weapons should be allowed.
also thinking how im gonna set character sprinting/fire making/eating....

EDIT(bad english):D

I'd say, do it the other way around. It's way easier to get a working, high caliber gun from a military base. Also, probably the best gun you will get is a Mosin, Winchester, B95, 1911 or MP5, maybe a SKS if you're lucky. That will provide a nice challenge.

yeah...im thinking that there is too much guns spawning on residental houses...there should be more common stuff.
skalisty/prison island would be only difference....you can take whatever you find there

Edited by kopo79

Damn, now I see the meaning of the OP. Own rules and regulations for a journey through Chernarus. 14kg I find relatively low .. up to 20kg. I do not want to interfere, but the idea behind it I find nice. What can still be gained today on a voluntary basis, this will be something to do with final SA and access to CLI.

yeah...im not sure about that 14 kg but in steam board i got it.

Max inventory weight (excluding clothes, but including backpack) - 14 kg / 30 lbs male character, 12 kg / 26 lbs female character. Why so? Because from my real fighting experience this is the maximum load under which one can still sprint for any prolonged period of time and still be effective enough during melee or gunfight.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

Without clothings/shoes ^^, yes then make it sense.

i have to got calculator to calculate the weight of my schoolbag when im gonna start my 1 hour survival experience.dead by dawn!
i really dont want everything to be in rules but gamer should understand by itself that cooking pot doesnt fit on your panties:D

I have now looked once what weight I have worn in my military time. On the hikes (up to 50km) was the completely 22kg. But that was only with walking and without running. In the combat was light equipment which was on completely about 12kg. And yes the cookingpot is never in the  pants but rather the  pants. ... that was the clac-clic-clac while walking.

I have search my old military reglementation-book with details to weight.

y2i_eF0eePc.jpg

Edit: the max. weight are 34kg thats with all stuff to beginn and at the end to the "military hollydays". ( its really a lot of, for walking and to travel).

Edited by Sqeezorz
Hose= pants ..omg
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Do not eat raw rice...to simulate proper rice cooking,fire and cookingpot full with water should do it.

Rice cannot be cooked, as of a couple weeks ago when I last tried.  It will just get damaged or ruined when you put it in a pot of water over heat.

Edited by emuthreat

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Rice cannot be cooked, as of a couple weeks ago when I last tried.  It will just get damaged or ruined when you put it in a pot of water over heat.

EDIT:again bad english...i have to just simulate it that im cooking it....first post edited.

• Like 1

just tested with my settings....outs:D...that temptation to get that apple....and to make stoneknife....i have little stone(metal,glass) but need to find place where i can craft knife but....
dayztv server is 8x acceleration so its making surviving quite hard.
played 1 hour=
forced to eat damaged spagetti and damaged peaches...forced to eat black berrys(oh,is those poisonous?!:D)
also rain caucht me in middle of night,so i was almost killed by cold...im sleeping now but tomorrow gonna be maybe my last minutes.

really first time using chemlight,because i need find knife and fast.
im sick,hungry,thirsty and lonely.

managed to survive my first  night...it was quite hard because lack food and drink...but machete saved my night.
i catched chicken and grilled it in fire.fire i made with roadflare.
but now i dont have any firesource so i have to go in woods maybe to find dry wood.
chicken didnt fill my stomach enough and on my way on to second town i was again trouble but i found apple orchard/farm....
stuffed myself with apples:)
also i tried to play night with gamma down a bit.i think it was four mouse cursor wide to left.
in night,cant see shit but with chemlight and headtorch it was actually quite fun.

• Like 1

Oh my god...i met someone other player...HE DIDNT SHOOT!!!!...he was full geared.thank god.

got to change setting that you cannot use damaged items....because my machete just went from pristine to damaged in one night in-game.
so clothes/backpacks/tents/barrels have to be pristine or worn.you may use damaged items but you cannot  pick up those.
maybe:D
also have to test how long raincoat last when its damaged.
also have to concider how you gonna fit cooking pot on your raincoat....maybe you should consume one rag to simulate that you are attaching pot to your coat or jeans.

Edited by kopo79

and dead by the wolfs....
you are allowed to sprint like maniac when chased by the wolf.:D
im gonna tonight try with new character and this time i need gun,knife and something to make fire.
also trying to find walkie talkie and keep it open at 87.8.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

I like this thread, you have folks that play dayz, then you have folks that play dayz.

• Like 2

Maybe this helps you to "rethink": the better clothes / container so is its content. Pristine pants 4/4 damaged 2/4. A damaged knife/axe gives you only 50% material (instead of 3 sticks only 1 or 2 ---> rest you have to throw away to simulate it). Here a picture to show you what I think:

cCIH3qy.jpg

( point 3/4/7 is the consideration )

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1w6os2/concept_updated_ui_design_changes/

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

and dead by the wolfs....
you are allowed to sprint like maniac when chased by the wolf.

Throw away everything you wear. Everything up on shoes / hose / jacket and you can 10min. Full running. (Content of the clothes to be let ... the time to throw away is not you anymore, I think you have not 8 big stones stacked in your jacket ^^ otherwise you are the wolf from the 7 goats [the broders Grimm])

• Like 1

Night descends....Looting without light in a pitch dark is hell.only light is my roadflare but wanna save it to make fire.

• Like 1

little more challenge...apples only from southern coast applefarms.
you can collect bullets from everywhere.
and you cant sprint when heavy breathing but throw your gear away and sprint 5 minutes like a madman.

The topic here brings me to a strange idea. Veteran Server hives with different degrees of difficulty.

1) veteran-casual (3pp/ 2x casual loot & food-drinks / moderate infected / "not more weapon & ammo !" / easy-to-moderate character values and influences [energy/sickness/temperatures and more])

2) veteran-hardcore (3pp/ cli and character values/influences more strong i.e. stand of game now or a little bit harder)

3) veteran-nightmare. (1pp / very less food & drinks / strange & many infected / hight influences of all world values i.e. rain/temeratures / rare weapons or ammo --> CLI table have many important items at a deep value... in short words --> the real hell to survive [ hope on fix the appletrees ^^] )

This should be by BI with cle and character parameters a simple thing.

Crazy idea .. I have also slept little that night, forgive me.

Edited by Sqeezorz
More details
  • Like 2