kopo79

spice up the gameplay/realism settings

I always find it strange when anyone gets bored of this game... been playing since 2013 and the sense of loneliness- constant dread when I play has never left me! I play the basic loner survivor style, but even all these years later I still feel sick with nerves whenever I bump into other players! To players that have to up the tension levels I salute you, you must have nerves of steel!

• Like 5

its dark and its raining and im planning my next move in some old house.
im gonna go visit on southcoast and try to find walkie&talkie.
also my matchbox is almost empty so thats not good thing.
without fire im in trouble.

anybody know that is it possible to see how long i have been alive in server time....x8?

At last i found what i was looking for...
I really need raincoat...AND REALLY IS THERE SALT OR PEPPER OR SOMETHING BECAUSE I REALLY NEED SPICE UP MY CHICKENZ!!!.

Edited by kopo79

okey....this is too easy still.
with sprained ankle,no jogging.must walk.
and this is hard one...bleeding can be cured only with bandage or alcohol purified rags.
im so gonna bleed to death.

I think you may find this interesting: 

little break from the game and here we go again...
first character Kevin S. Burns allready dead.time on server 53 minutes.
death was caused by coldness and finally starvation.i also met someone at  start of the round but he did not said anything.
next character is Nancy D. Rivas,26 years old...wish me luck.

Edited by kopo79

Nancy D. Rivas
at the start,i was having difficulties to find food.Starvation almost killed me.
...and with one pure rag at the start,you need to avoid infected.also flare is important,because you can light your way in darkness and start the fire with it.
but now im good shape because the state what i call "Foundation"
I think that Foundation is:
Healhty status,medical supplies,some form of melee weapon and knife to make food and also the most important thing in game with these settings...Matches.
My foundation is not perfect yet,i need some bottle where i can carry water.

...last update to settings...hunt chickens only with bow.
im gonna try freshstart someday with these settings but i recently buyed the long dark and the forest game...gonna play those.

I have just played 4 hours with those settings, on a low-pop server with 75% night, HC, no crosshair. All in all, crazy hard! I spawned in Elektro and couldn't find a cutting device for like 3 hours (and then several machetes and saws in a row, ofc). I tried to survive without apples, but after a while just had to take them. Lowering gamma meant almost pitch black when my flare went out (for an hour I could barely see if I'm indoors or not, eventually I found matches by some luck). No damaged stuff meant that I'm still very much low-gear (I was so proud to craft a bow after just 4 hrs of playing). I gave zeds a wide berth (couldn't even see them in the darkness) so all in all had like 5 fights. No 5 players met, which is one drawback of that server - it's got very cool settings (1 hour of late evening + 3 hours of dark night) and is HC, but not many people fancy that.

4 hours in and I still need to find a water container, alcohol, a pot+stove, any boomstick (I found a lot but far from the police). However, after I scoop all the chickens in Elektro I think I'm ready to leave the city.

Sure takes time to adjust to these settings - using Tab in pitch black is all too natural. And the artificial light is shit so I allow myself to have gamma only slightly decreased on condition that I use the torch (the devs really need to keep working on that). But I love it! I'm currently somewhat off my relationship with DayZ, but maybe will give it a longer try.

• Like 1

yeah...im just sitting in a dark waitin the morning come...without bandages,its suicide to go looting in dark the houses.
i have freshspawn rag and also the flare.i dont wanna use those.
i play in dayztv.com and i guess the daylight lasts 2 hours and night lasts one hour.
when night comes,i usually go make coffee in reallife,smoke tobacco and write journal with word.

Edited by kopo79

Cat Person
DAY 1

I woke up at middle of the night.
Several days without food...my stomach crumbles.
Got to eat my powdered milk.It was last one.
I wonder who was the building contractor in these god forsaken place because there is so much same looking buildings?
Sometimes is hard to know that if i searched some house because there are several same looking houses.
That contractor was maybe very bored to his or her`s job. 
I went to visit nearby hospital to get some medical supplys but it was too dam dark.
Im gonna try again at morning...But those monsters are there.
Where they came from?god, i hate them.They sound like a ill dogs.
Yeah,im cat-person.I hope there is no dogs in this place,maybe they are also monsters like those walkers.
With the long teeth they bite my flesh and the blood will...oops...Sun is rising.Got to go.

-Mike-

DO-YOUR-SELF- a nice day
DAY 1

What a day...im so tired that i have to go sleep.
I visited in hospital again and it was empty,just some jackets,so i took one.
Its red,I think its some ambulance driver jacket.It has good pockets and its warm.
But something terrible happened.I killed two monsters today...One scratched me.Second one almost got me.
It was close call.
Thank god i got that pure rag in my pocket,It was nice cut in my arm and i was heavy bleeding.
But was there some good things today in my day and also some funny things.
Funny thing was that i attacked behind one of the monsters and it looked so familiar so i
thought that maybe it was that bored contractor from my previous note and what was even funnier...
He had kiwi in his pocket...FRESH KIWI...you know, that fruit what looks like testicle.
Just when im hungry and thirsty,comes these contractor,who made all these houses and he has kiwi in his pocket.
I think he has twinbrother because in otherside of town i saw someone like him.
I didnt attack him because i had no any medical supplies and i dont wanna kill all their family
But i found alcohol and teared apart some shirts...i think that they can be my "DO-YOUR-SELF- bandages from now.
But alcohol bottle was almost empty so,i got only three bandages but i can use the bottle as waterbottle.
Also i managed to do -DO-YOUR-SELF bow...i found some rope and sticks...It looks hazardous but maybe i can do
something with it.I need just some arrows....but that is tomorrows problem.
But im very good shape now,thanks for the contractors testicles,beans and delicious, my all-time favorite,tuna.
okay...now im gonna DO-MYSELF-A- GOODNIGHT-SLEEP

-Mike-

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 2

Played for like an hour... At first I started to run from Elektro to Cherno (to comply with the rules) but then I figured that the rule I mention (making you leave the town of logging) is more of a nuisance than actual difficulty (I can just hop between Elektro and Cherno if I want), so I decided to stay.

Do you follow this rule that you can't check the server pop via Steam? I don't know if it's too obvious to be written but maybe it should be there.

What about making the bow only from the ashwood tree, like it used to be some time ago?

Anyhow, I've got matches and bones for a fishing hook, which means that at the next session, my toon shall eat his fill. I'm still ridiculously low geared and I could badly use alcohol, I have only 2 applications of a bandage left. Fortunately, sharpened sticks are enough to kill zombies.

God it's so dark. And lamps don't work properly in this patch. I'm stuck to the bloody torch... Oh well.

Take care on your trips! In what city are you, anyway?

• Like 2

sounds nice...yeah,changed the rule that if you are going to log out from the game...do it before you loot the town near by to avoid double looting.
and think that bow is good how is it now.
i dont check players on steam because i know that server where im playin,is almost everytime empty...sometimes,in good day,maybe 5 players are there.
But oddly,once i met someone full geared player there.
But my opinion is that bow is quite overpowered...it could be powerfull with boneheads and stuff but the bow should go ruined maybe after 15 shots...

Wilhelm Tell
DAY 2
How dam long i was sleeping?...My head is dizzy and my neck muscles is jammed.
But im god freaking damn robin hood now,the master of archery,the wilhelm tell of monsterland.
"Put the apple on your head and i slice it for you with my deadly stick`n shirt bow"
It took some practice thou to get arrow to fly in barn wall.
Killed maybe 10 monsters today...with the woodenstick arrows...but still they freaks me out.
I dont like to kill them,i dont know they history,who are they...of course i knew that testicle man and his little brother but...
Maybe they are dead inside allready...i dont know
...But that is quite irrelevant because i also killed two chickens and that felt good(in my stomach)
Preparing the chicken for the cooking is not much different than the fish ,what i did a lot as child.
Little messy thou...But i prefer that tuna what i found yesterday.
I dont know where i am yet,havent found any signs or maps because finding food and drink has taken my time.
But i will continue soon my travel.
But my cooking is over for a while because i dont have any lighter or matches and my last flare just faded away.
Ok,got to piss in fireplace and get moving.

-Mike-

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 2

OMG .. Willhelm Tell the hero of my nation .. you encourage me to test your setting. I will translate the guidelines and print them out. What I am: only a Courier Bag .. I also like in RL no backpacks. Which I also make: to avoid any contact with infected. For fear and danger of infection. How long will I live

All in all, 6 hours under those settings and I brought my toon to bright-green energized and hydrated with a couple of fish. But my knife got worn in the process and my supply of rags is dwindling. I need a water container, alcohol (and/or more bandages), another knife. When I get that, I'll try to find some real boomsticks in order to hunt heavier animals. I killed a cow with a bow once but it was pain in the ass. I don't think that the bow is OP, it's too time-consuming to learn and OMG that arrow crafting, something must be done about it. Why each new arrow decides to change its location? Do they crawl away to new slots or what? It's so annoying.

Just moments before I logged out, I found a cooking pot. I was so happy I did a jumping jack, then I used my rag to simulate "attaching to backpack", and only then I discovered that the pot is damaged... lol.

More rules to consider:

- no water straight from ponds, you must purify it first (I know we risk cholera right now, but the odds are very slim under current conditions and it's worth it to drink from ponds when you're healthy)

- no taking advantage of any glitches, bugs. What I'm thinking is, I spotted a deer stuck in the Elektro pond and it was so tempting to finish it with a knife; however, I decided that this would run counter to the spirit of your settings so I let the animal live.

haha...damaged pot...
good points...i havent really tested that do you get cholera from ponds...i just once drink from the pond because i was dying dehydration...i thought that if i get some disease but this water gives me a time to search medication.
and the deer stuck in a pond...maybe it was ill.maybe deer leg was stuck in some rock...you should use your bow and kill it...i dont know how ofter deers get stuck in places...if its often,then should not use that glitch.
i have to consider yet that...what kind of damaged items you can use...i think that examble baseball bat can be damaged...but knife what you use to make fish or chicken,should be worn or pristine.
and also that,improvised tool and firedrill kit...is it one time only?...
It took me  three deaths after i could overcome difficulties...

i changed it....firedrill kit and improvised tool is one time only usable but you can craft how many you like.
and also you can use damaged items as melee weapons but no damaged knifes to cooking

Edited by kopo79

Animals do get stuck on rocks sometimes, less so than in the past but it's still a thing. I'm going to refrain from killing under such circumstances.

The firedrill kit used to be one-time only, but now can be used several times.

Hey, don't make the rules too relaxed! I managed to survive under them, although this is truly a meagre life. But if I be careful with people and zeds, I don't expect to die. If anything, we can add more limitations.

• Like 3

Are the Start-Post up to date ?

I mean the settings ?

And stucked animal are to ignore, the same by chickens. (Electro & Cherno have very often stucked animals).

i think that is quite updated...
last update was "Firedrill kit and improvised tool one time only.use damaged items only as a melee weapon.not preparing food"
pond drinking im gonna leave how it is,cos i know that there is change to get ill...but thats why i keep water purification tables on my bag.
and if im dying on starvation,im gonna eat those fishs or chicken raw...thats why i sometimes at start,if i find damaged canned food,i take it just in case.

Edited by kopo79

Walking On Sunshine
DAY 2
Benighted...i really love sunshine,i really do.
But night caught me...Im starting to feel very frustrated on this.
I planned my next trip very good but im stuck in some town and somehow worried because i dont have any food.
yeah...one kiwi.
But how long i can go with the stuff i got ?How much loneliness i can take?
But im glad that i have this mp3 player with me and i have almost 300 songs on it.
...Its just funny,its pitch dark night out there and monsters wanders outside there.
So i took my mp3 player list and searched to some song that would give me some strenght to carry on.
Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine...Haha...night,screw you,monsters,screw you....i walking in the sunshine.
Althought my favorite band is Sentenced from finland and "we are but falling leaves" is the greatest song...but its too melancholic to listen now
so Katrina enlighten me in a dimi have long night ahead...now im gonna smoke gigarette eat kiwi and listen Katrina...and maybe some dancing in apocalypse.
Screw you,end of the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

All right, 10 hours in and I think I've made it. By which I mean that the first stage of survival, "will I make it through the next hour?", seems to be finally over. I'm dark-red stuffed and bright-green energized/hydrated to prove that.

I have a full cooking pot, 8 fillets and 2 full pumpkins. I also have a full roll of bandages, a map and compass, morphine and some antibiotics. And one purification tablet. This means that I can survive basically anything that the environment can throw at me, sans wolves.

I'm at Dolina right now. I wonder what the stage two is going to be. I can either 1) hunt cows (I even have composite arrows) in order to craft leather equipment, or 2) slowly try to make it to military areas, in order to find weapons to fend off packs of wolves.

What do you think, guys?

I gave up on the torch altogether, it takes away more than it gives and needs more work from the devs. Currently, I'm looking for batteries for my headtorch (I've found like 4 damaged ones so far).

I can consider myself somewhat medium-geared, but still without an actual gun. I stashed a Scorpion in a barrel in Shakhovka and now I found the ammo. But the Scorpion won't even kill me a pack of wolves. It's good against cows, at best. What I could use is a shotgun.

But the main issue is, I have high morale now. Food in my pockets, the cooking pot, drugs... It's pitch black 75% of the time on my server but still, I'm walking on sunshine... ;)

Happy hunting, kopo79!

• Like 1

sound great........how do you feel about playing the game without apples or stoneknife or firedrill kit?...those things are there still but behind some rules.
what server are you playing and how fast there is acceleration?...
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/836952465883849287/C817385CDDB445C85C6913C91E8FDF3D2BB95E5E/

Edited by kopo79

Fxckxd
DAY 3
i was awake whole night...I searched some town if i could find some lighter or something.
In my backpack,i had few chickens breast and i didnt wanna eat raw...No lighter or matches.
I tried to make fire,with,you know this bear grylls dude,"Im gonna drink my own piss dude",methods.
Its easy in television,just take wood and wood and get some friction...ooohh...im god of fire!
It was pathetic...Not one spark.
But when morning sun appeared something strange happened...I found some seeds,it was pumpking,those halloween things.
i put them in greenhouse and with my tiniest alcohol bottle(I miss lagavulin whisky a lot) i runned  between well and greenhouse
maybe 20 times.
The soil was wet,little rivers runned on my plantings.
i decided to go rest in some shed.

after maybe three hours
when i went back to check these pumpking plants....JEESUS CHRIST!!!
No,there was no Jesus....there was huge pumpkings ready to harvest.
Robin hood,Wilhelm Tell and now some exorcist?naked cook?.
This place is Fxckxd up.Really....
Do you know what...Yesterday i was running towards some deer house or something and i took my hachet and put it to my bag
and it fell on the ground...i guess...its just vanished...puff...no more.

now we need ghostbusters in here also.
But brilliant thing is that i found a map of this place.i need to locate myself...
*Puff*....
-Mike-

Edited by kopo79