Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.138043

I'm sure that they removed Boars and Sheep due to trying to increase server performance and having limited resources.. though that was before the new Infected showed up or before they put animals in the CLE, I believe. Hopefully they'll appear in .62! I'd love there to be a lot more animal variety in DayZ!

Though if I had to pick which animal came next, it'd definitely be bears :D More threat = better game! 

• Like 2

I think that bears just not fit in the map with wolfs.maybe if bears is introduced it has to be very rare beast.game needs more small animals...snakes,frogs,some insects.also some carrion birds neens to be ingame.

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The obvious answer would be that people miss those boarskin backpacks.

It's already getting boring squadwiping herds of cows, in what we lovingly refer to as "The Beefening."

Wolf pelts are useless, at this point; and deer are as tedious as ever to hunt.  A little variety would be appreciated at this point, to keep things moving around.  I'm also curious as to why they were removed in the first place, along with goats and sheep.

Also, you might want to re-read your post and assess whether that last sentence could have been worded differently.  There is a certain culture around here that tends to forfend abusive/inflammatory posts.  Yours seems kinda borderline.  Good luck.

Well the reason I worded it that way is that even after Baty confirmed that there are no boars in game some still saw the need to troll around with answers like:

On 3/10/2017 at 3:47 AM, Red_Ensign said:

how about now?

And you probably know how it works, once somebody mentions the boars it will snowball into everyone suddenly getting nostalgic about boars. (take every other item/mechanic that has ever been temporarily removed from the game as an example)

We are at a point now where the devs have made their priorities clear and we all know the great work they are doing and what the future holds for this game, yet some see the need to "whine" about petty things like boars.

Maybe I should have worded it differently but this kind of stuff just triggers me.

Edited by Trnc84

1 hour ago, Trnc84 said:

Well the reason I worded it that way is that even after Baty confirmed that there are no boars in game some still saw the need to troll around with answers like:

And you probably know how it works, once somebody mentions the boars it will snowball into everyone suddenly getting nostalgic about boars. (take every other item/mechanic that has ever been temporarily removed from the game as an example)

We are at a point now where the devs have made their priorities clear and we all know the great work they are doing and what the future holds for this game, yet some see the need to "whine" about petty things like boars.

Maybe I should have worded it differently but this kind of stuff just triggers me.

You had to bring up the items which don't spawn (temporarily). :( Now I need to pick up my fishing net and cuddle with it to comfort me and forget about the metal wire.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IMT said:

You had to bring up the items which don't spawn (temporarily). :( Now I need to pick up my fishing net and cuddle with it to comfort me and forget about the metal wire.

Think how easy it would be to loot Tisy with a backpack full of flareguns!  :tear:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trnc84 said:

Or it might just be an inside joke that the regulars around here all got a laugh out of.

I got off work and logged in yesterday, got two disconnects in 10 minutes, got frustrated and played WOT for a bit, got frustrated with the grind, and tried again with a nice long session with few disconnects.

Are there any plans for delaying the infected despawn on player disconnect, the last few times I've played I've been being reckless because of the empty server going loud and taking on whole towns of infected. When I stay connected throughout one of these frenzies it's great but as an example last night I was on a police station roof practising with the M70 iron sights, a dozen live infected surrounding me and twenty or so dead bodies, "session lost", I log back in immediately and think "was it all just a dream?". 

Got rained out at work today and can't go back to sleep so I think I'll see what the weather is like in Chenarus today. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Or it might just be an inside joke that the regulars around here all got a laugh out of.

I got off work and logged in yesterday, got two disconnects in 10 minutes, got frustrated and played WOT for a bit, got frustrated with the grind, and tried again with a nice long session with few disconnects.

Are there any plans for delaying the infected despawn on player disconnect, the last few times I've played I've been being reckless because of the empty server going loud and taking on whole towns of infected. When I stay connected throughout one of these frenzies it's great but as an example last night I was on a police station roof practising with the M70 iron sights, a dozen live infected surrounding me and twenty or so dead bodies, "session lost", I log back in immediately and think "was it all just a dream?". 

Got rained out at work today and can't go back to sleep so I think I'll see what the weather is like in Chenarus today. 

Hmm I barely lose connection, only time i get it is when the servers go down for a restart.

Are you playing on public or private hives?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

Hmm I barely lose connection, only time i get it is when the servers go down for a restart.

Are you playing on public or private hives?

Doesn't matter, the rural area I live in is about a thousand feet from where broadband service ends so were stuck with cell modems/tether or satellite, Since .61 DayZ seems to be less tolerant of unstable connections. If it makes the game better for multiplayer I'm all for it, I remember in the .5Xs where if I saw a hostile player I could just serpentine like a rabbit and dodge bullets like the Matrix because of my bad ping.   

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

-snip-

About the immediate despawn of Infected when a player loses connection :) 

I am sure that when the new animation system is attached to Infected and they recieve those Kicking Down Doors animations, we'll all be in a world of hurt haha. Something I think that would help this would be simply have the Infected go into a raging Caution mode where they search the last place of contact and sound when LOS is lost on the player. Having them seek all through the area in a loud rampage for about 5 minutes before giving up. 

This way,  even if you disconnect and reconnect, it's possible by then to have a flood of Infected all around you once you spawn in. -- I also think this would affect stealth gameplay by a lot, if the vision and hearing of the Infected were finetune enough, as well as given specific 'Grunts' or 'Roars' when absentminded, curious, seeking assailant, and roaring hostile. (A bit like Metal Gear's Guard alerts)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Espa said:

About the immediate despawn of Infected when a player loses connection :) 

I am sure that when the new animation system is attached to Infected and they recieve those Kicking Down Doors animations, we'll all be in a world of hurt haha. Something I think that would help this would be simply have the Infected go into a raging Caution mode where they search the last place of contact and sound when LOS is lost on the player. Having them seek all through the area in a loud rampage for about 5 minutes before giving up. 

This way,  even if you disconnect and reconnect, it's possible by then to have a flood of Infected all around you once you spawn in. -- I also think this would affect stealth gameplay by a lot, if the vision and hearing of the Infected were finetune enough, as well as given specific 'Grunts' or 'Roars' when absentminded, curious, seeking assailant, and roaring hostile. (A bit like Metal Gear's Guard alerts)

Even have them hanging around as is for two minutes would work..

On Sunday I fired an SKS shot approaching Zelenogorsk and immediately regretted it, made my way up one of the small towers amid the pummelling, dropped the SKS I was double carrying on the ladder and picked them off one by one with a magnum then switching to a chambered Amphibia  for the last few so I could get a lul to get down. No disconnect and that felt epic, I could feel real adrenaline and relief when I survived. When I'm getting chased, disconnect, immediately log back in and it's different it really blows the smoke and mirrors that is video games.     

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, BCBasher said:

Doesn't matter, the rural area I live in is about a thousand feet from where broadband service ends so were stuck with cell modems/tether or satellite, </snip>

@BCBasher Maybe you should invest in this : https://www.cablewholesale.com/products/bulk-cable/cat-5/product-10x6-822nh.php. But If I could I would sacrifice broadband access for living in the woods.

I'm in the habit of scoping out towns before entering. Coming back after a 6months+ break from Dayz I made the mistake of shooting a z in town. There was none to be seen before I entered. I was beaten to a pulp. Lesson learned. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScipioII said:

@BCBasher Maybe you should invest in this : https://www.cablewholesale.com/products/bulk-cable/cat-5/product-10x6-822nh.php. But If I could I would sacrifice broadband access for living in the woods.

I'm in the habit of scoping out towns before entering. Coming back after a 6months+ break from Dayz I made the mistake of shooting a z in town. There was none to be seen before I entered. I was beaten to a pulp. Lesson learned. 

It seems like a great solution but it's actually not. After about 100 meters you need a repeater or a switch so that the signal doesn't drop making it possibly even worse than a sattelite connection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

It seems like a great solution but it's actually not. After about 100 meters you need a repeater or a switch so that the signal doesn't drop making it possibly even worse than a sattelite connection.

Very true, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment. The fact that BCBasher is so close but yet so far must be frustrating. Line of site WiFi or fiber optic will be a solution. All doable and "relatively" inexpensive as far as equipment goes. Line of site wifi from C.Crane with up to 24Mbps over 3 miles will run you ~$450US.

But I do not want to hijack the thread! 

• Like 1

It's been a bit since I've solo'd but man is this game such a different experience when you're on your own in a high pop server. Meeting others is often lethal and sometimes a very traumatic experience xD 

I've made like 3 friends and have been killed 3 times. 1 - 1 Ratio isn't bad. . 

Here's hoping for some goodies of .62 next Tuesday! (If not the release. . )

• Like 4

D7DCA4FC731B694C620642C7DD3C6ACA03B30D62

*Insert LOTR theme* The beginning of an adventure with strangers. . 

This game provides the only experience like this with random people with random motives.

Also, when can we drive tractors??

A8C132E9F04AFDE47AEEBDAA262A5C36C61E3448

Can you guys imagine the fun you could have in them?? Tractor racing, low-riding down the highway, maybe farming/constructing the fast way? :D

Edited by Espa

7 hours ago, Espa said:

It's been a bit since I've solo'd but man is this game such a different experience when you're on your own in a high pop server. Meeting others is often lethal and sometimes a very traumatic experience xD 

I've made like 3 friends and have been killed 3 times. 1 - 1 Ratio isn't bad. . 

Here's hoping for some goodies of .62 next Tuesday! (If not the release. . )

I have been playing on DayZ Underground US and DayZ Colony US 0-1 and when trying to meet up with the others I didn't do bad. Had to ignore 2 players yesterday because it was 2 vs 1 and I had a Winchester. Give me an AUG or FAL and I'll take 'em both on. :P Then again, when I'm solo I tend to stay away from high traffic area's so that makes staying alive a bit easier.

I believe I died twice playing on these high pop servers, once I got DayZed and the other one left me with a bad taste. The last one Thurman and I got rekt like there is no tommorow which doesn't happen to me a lot. Although it left a bad taste because after reviewing the footage, I seem that I can not find the the dude at all. I see no muzzle flash, no smoke, nothing. The strange thing is, he hit me, I immediately went down because he broke my legs and I went behind a tree branch. Suddenly he magically started hitting the tree branch in front of me a few times. When I went a bit to the right to see in between the tree branches he shot me again. If I would've seen him (in my video) I would've said well done, I got owned fair and square but I can not find him and the rules for first person is, if you see someone, they can see you as well. Shooting through vegetation is possible but it was too accurate for that.

Maybe it's all my own fault since Thurman ran behind me and was probably seen and I crouched to show where I was to Thurman. I guess winning so many firefights and avoiding death all the time made me think I was invincible. These guys most certainly brought me back to earth, that's for sure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

-snip-

Oooh I play on Underground, also! Only their password parties and their public though, not a member yet :) 

But that's weird! Sounds like you got hit by either a really good squad or potentially a hacker. . But that seems off. I've only encountered genuine players there, for better or worse. It's always the large groups that I accidentally run into that get itchy and I'm always too late on my exit xD Most of the single encounters I've come out mostly in my favor though haha

Can you devs PLEASE fix the notes persistence...it would bring so much ingame at least for me...i could write my diary when is raining outside....

• Like 6

On 3/17/2017 at 1:00 AM, kopo79 said:

Can you devs PLEASE fix the notes persistence...it would bring so much ingame at least for me...i could write my diary when is raining outside....

I asked awhile ago, "it's on the list".

Are books meant to have any content in them? I vaguely remember there being something in there when I first started playing. . 

Also. . I was going to write a General Post about this, but. . Have Infected reverted to a very non-dangerous state again?

I LOVED it when they could see you from a decent distance away and actually seemed to have ears! Now I can totally run behind one, or sneak near them with 5-10 feet and they don't even register I'm there. Bleh. I want my crazy coked up Infected back! Having them be exceptionally dangerous was my favorite thing when .61 first came out. .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Espa said:

Are books meant to have any content in them? I vaguely remember there being something in there when I first started playing. . 

Also. . I was going to write a General Post about this, but. . Have Infected reverted to a very non-dangerous state again?

I LOVED it when they could see you from a decent distance away and actually seemed to have ears! Now I can totally run behind one, or sneak near them with 5-10 feet and they don't even register I'm there. Bleh. I want my crazy coked up Infected back! Having them be exceptionally dangerous was my favorite thing when .61 first came out. .

"Server performance" I think, they seem to react a lot faster on empty servers but their eyesight is still not very far. The server I've been playing on is usually empty but jumps to maybe thirty players sometimes, that's when I get the slow reactions or one out of four nearby infected agroing and the other three staying in a wander state.

From a basically single player point of view the AI is also "filling in" too slow. I haven't seen an official explanation of how the AI module(s) work but they seem like a mod called DAC for ArmA . Does it look like there are a few infected in areas where they're supposed to be and when you get close to them more start spawning around it/you? That's what I'm seeing and I don't think it can handle spawning those reinforcement infected at a visually seamless distance with the amount of players they want so they have it "dialled down".   

I'd like to see server fps/player count.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2017 at 7:10 PM, BCBasher said:

"Server performance" I think, they seem to react a lot faster on empty servers but their eyesight is still not very far. The server I've been playing on is usually empty but jumps to maybe thirty players sometimes, that's when I get the slow reactions or one out of four nearby infected agroing and the other three staying in a wander state.

From a basically single player point of view the AI is also "filling in" too slow. I haven't seen an official explanation of how the AI module(s) work but they seem like a mod called DAC for ArmA . Does it look like there are a few infected in areas where they're supposed to be and when you get close to them more start spawning around it/you? That's what I'm seeing and I don't think it can handle spawning those reinforcement infected at a visually seamless distance with the amount of players they want so they have it "dialled down".   

I'd like to see server fps/player count.

If you open the steam overlay, you can check to see who's on the servers and count them that way even though that may get tedious if there's a bunch of people playing. 

Have started playing DayZ again after a few months of being inactive on .61, it was actually a friend of mine who had been an big fan since the mod days but has been pretty critical of the SA who suggested we get the squad back together and give it another go. Not sure what hot fixes have happened in my months away but WOW they have made a huge difference. We have been addicted for the past week and my mate is absolutely loving it again. Have experienced very few desync issues (which were solved by a quick re-log) and the FPS has been very solid anywhere we go on the map. Experienced wolves for the first time which was awesome and have had some great PvP moments the past few nights. It seems like it is a lot easier to find loot and weapons near the big coast cities, even on full servers. 

The only bugs we have encountered have been the continuous punching on relog and losing items in the hand slot after a server disconnection, which has only happened to me once in 20+ hours of playtime. Haven't attempted to use the vehicles yet as they are absolute death traps due to drawing so much attention. They seem to be working fine though as we haven't experienced any issues trying to shoot people driving them ;) 

Hopefully the next updates continue to improve on the current state and nothing gets too broken as it is so enjoyable at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If you open the steam overlay, you can check to see who's on the servers and count them that way even though that may get tedious if there's a bunch of people playing. 

Emuthreat showed me how to do that, I play on DayZtv 1pp and it's 1-3 or 20-30. When it's just me aside from AI popping in in front or behind where I've already cleared they all attack "properly" which is pretty predictable.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 5:22 PM, Espa said:

Yes books have content. Drag them to your quickslot and open it with the corresponding quickslot number.

Regarding the infected aggro I actually enjoy the fact that you can sneak past them without them registering it.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the zombies being a legit threat but you can't always afford the attention, (say you're low on blood and can't take a hit, or there are hostile survivors nearby) just to name a few.

In such moments I take it you would want a way you can be assured that you will not alert them instead of having them aggro from a mile away.

I really love the balance this brings to the gameplay.

The only thing that can use some improvement imo is the way the infected react to objects that are thrown near them, It would be more "realistic" if they would just walk up to the object to kind of investigate it rather than them going into a frenzy.

This would give you a chance to sneak up behind them and whacking them over the head with a melee weapon.

• Like 1