Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

What would you do if you ran into two players at their own camp?

TL;DR at bottom.

Yesterday, I was running around the woods to find camps as usual and I stumbled across to a medium-sized camp. But before approaching to the camp as I always do, I was carrying a barrel with me but I had this strange feeling that someone was in there so I left a few valuables I had on me to the barrel and started approaching to the camp slowly. Also, before going there I ate a few things and slowly approached to the camp as silent as I can be. Eating food beforehand also allowed me to catch my breath back. Anyway, I approached to the camp and got into one of the trees next to the camp and I heard footsteps. Aha, that weird feeling I had in me wasn't just nonsense! There was indeed a player there! I have looted over 50 camps so far and this was the first time I ran into someone at their own camp and this was also the first time I approached to the camp by catching my breathe. By the way, it is a night time server.

Atleast 3 military tents were pitched as I could see, they all had their doors and windows shut. So I opened one of the windows and tried to see where this guy was, he entered the tent. He was standing up and he had beige cargo pants, I slowly backed up a bit and understood that he had no suspicion that I was there. Later on, he left the tent and I was hearing footsteps behind me, I started walking towards him and saw he was in another tent. I was thinking of what I should do, If I tried getting away from there was a great possibility that he would hear me and shoot me. So I decided to wait, I didn't want to kill him judging on the size of his camp he could not be alone. So I waited a bit more. I wanted to loot their camp, I didn't want to kill them or anything like that. He got out of the tents and started digging, I could see his legs only (I was trying to see him through the gap between the branches and the ground) he entered a few more tents and then came back. He had black cargopants now. That was weird, he probably changed his clothes? Anyway, after a couple of minutes I understood that they were 2 guys, but I was 100% sure the black cargopants guy joined later, which I did confirm later on by looking at gametracker.com 

These guys were farming and I had a lot of chances to kill them but I really didn't want to. I've been looting many camps so far on this patch but I'm not a killing kind of guy so I let them be. My friends urged me to play music, or say hi or even play scary sounds. I thought of playing a helicopter sound. But I was too afraid that I would get killed. I didn't have much on me apart from a teddy bear that I really don't want to lose - he is like my companion. I wish I left him the barrel as well so I could try these scary stuff. But I couldn't, so I waited there for 20 minutes I watched them shoot eachother, break their legs, punch eachother and then use splints etc. etc. The crops had grown, they ate them and left. When they left I left as well because they were still in the server. When they left the server, I came back to their camp and took their SVD and ran away.

What would you do if you were at my place? Also how would you react if someone popped up and said "hi" while you were at your camp?

TL;DR

Ran into two dudes in their own camp, they didn't know I was there. I watched them for 20 minutes. If you were me, what would you do and what would you do if someone caught you in your camp and said "hi" or played music, scary sounds etc.?

Edited by yazar8

I would do such actions as to get all the gear back into the economy. :)

• Like 1

Mmmmmhhh... dunno what to do. Most of the time I don´t search active for camps. A few times I met some people at their camps and it most of times a gunfight started up.

Because of that metagaming thing...

2 hours ago, yazar8 said:

-snip-

But I couldn't, so I waited there for 20 minutes I watched them shoot eachother, break their legs, punch eachother and then use splints etc. etc. The crops had grown, they ate them and left. When they left I left as well because they were still in the server. When they left the server, I came back to their camp and took their SVD and ran away.

-snip-

... I hope mechanics will be implemented, to secure your base, if basebuilding and fortification is a thing in DayZ.

I would have waited till they leave their camp too, but I would´nt doublecheck at gametracker to be safe while looting. Thats a bit cowardly to be honest :)

If I´m well geared I like to take nothing out of a camp and just muddle up some things.

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
grammar

Nothing.

I would continue on my path, or let them kill me. *Having a camp myself means I never care about dying... 

I would wait until they leave, and begin filling their tents with fish until they meet my demands.  I would also not make my demands known.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

I would have waited till they leave their camp too, but I would´nt doublecheck at gametracker to be safe while looting. Thats a bit cowardly to be honest :)

Actually, when they left I left the server and ran to my own camp, then I checked if they left the server and they had left it, so I hopped back in and ran to their camp and took their stuff later on. But yeah, still kind of a coward move I understand that. But I didn't want them to see me looting their camp :p

Edited by 0xy
wanted to delete the message, forgot the quote

On 22-2-2017 at 8:51 PM, yazar8 said:

.......... still kind of a coward move I understand that ........

Nothing coward about it. DayZ is played the way you want to. Period.
Your question was how we would do it, and we all play the DayZ experience differently.

Edited by 0xy

4 hours ago, General Zod said:

Kill them, take anything worth taking, nade the rest, leave. 

Last time I checked, grenades in tents do precisely fuckall.  To be fair, the last time I checked was 35 days ago when Jarin and Dicklepick tried to raid our west Emustan camp, and I didn't exactly see where the grenade exploded.  Perhaps I wrongly assumed that they could pull a pin, and set it down successfully, and run away.

Is there some technique that I'm not aware of, that makes grenades damage the contents of tents?

42 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Is there some technique that I'm not aware of, that makes grenades damage the contents of tents?

This was something you could do in the mod.

I do not think it is currently possible.

Eh, Zod doesn't play regularly anymore I think....

4 hours ago, 0xy said:

we all play the DayZ experience differently.

Wait?

You're playing DayZ???

I mean.... the devs don't even have DayZ so, did you create a time machine?

What we have here is FAR from DayZ and the way you prefer to enjoy this borked frankenmodpatchenstein may not be a viable playstyle in Vanilla. This will NOT be the mod+.

Ready for stamina, item weights, a whole new character controller?

Everyone who keeps playing like this is how the game will be in the future will eventually rage at some upcoming change that was planned all along.

It's like they fall in love with a pretty girl and once they get to know her, they realize they don't actually understand her at all.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

9 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Last time I checked, grenades in tents do precisely fuckall.  To be fair, the last time I checked was 35 days ago when Jarin and Dicklepick tried to raid our west Emustan camp, and I didn't exactly see where the grenade exploded.  Perhaps I wrongly assumed that they could pull a pin, and set it down successfully, and run away.

What type of person you think I am ? I would go out of my way to get every item out of the tent, pile them up and then nade them just to see them flying everywhere. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

My buddy and I were at a tent we had placed, decided to move it and just as we packed it up we noticed two players running about 150 meters in front of us.  They were on their way to two tents they had placed nearby.  We watched them for about ten minutes and made our move.  We gunned them down and took their donation of two additional tents, additional weapons, and food.  It was a lucrative day and we found a new more secure location for our camp in the process.