Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137680

Hello guys,

We are pushing out a new Experimental update. FPS drops when shooting is known issue and we are doing our best to fix it. There is a partial fix for this issue in 0.61.137680.

If you find some FPS drops let me know here or on our Feedback Tracker. We need as much information as possible.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Thank you for playing on Experimental servers.

• Like 7

what about fps on big cities?is it known problem and is there something you can do?

Hello here my feddback !

I was driving with a sedan to cherno to solnichny to meet up with my friend !

Together we drive to Gorka ! my friend has a V3s and me the Sedan ! 

There was some frequency problem when driving , game fells like I had low FPS after a while (my friend too) ! 

Seeing my friend drive the V3s : there was a very little rubberbanding. 

Everything was fine then in gorka my friend got a lot of Zombie on his ass ! He was stuck in the police station because of the zombie fell unconscious then die in front of my eye ! yes this is sad :)

During this action  a lot of zombie was stuck in the V3s ( that was near the police station) when I run inside the building , I was like asborbed by the V3s ( or the zombie from the V3s) ( just like the Zarya finich in Overwatch :) ) I managed to get throu this but it was very laggy ! Right after this i had a big freeze I didn't managed to quit the game, I had to reboot my PC !

bye I put some bug report in the feedback tracker !!

keep up the good work !

13 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

what about fps on big cities?is it known problem and is there something you can do?

Unfortunately, the optimizations you hope to see really won't stick or take place for a long time to come.

From what I can tell in regards to Alpha testing, they get client/server performance to a particular level that they deem worth testing on a large scale and then release.

Spending too much time to try to optimize frame rates to AAA levels for every iteration would certainly slow down this long and intensive dev process even more.

On Experimental branch you should always be prepared for "worse than stable" performance as a rule.

No matter what branch you are on in this Alpha do remember that you are primarily there to test and the game you are trying to play will drastically change often with some of the biggest changes still to come in the near future.

In Beta you will see game mechanics balancing and the most productive/important optimization passes.

Patience and perspective can help us keep the faith while testing this borked beauty@!

• Like 3

After a nice break from DayZ, playing other games, watching the builds roll out, I played a brief session that was not without some fun.

After meeting Thurman and IMT briefly, and I was having a nice conversation with Serelaw in TS when I found myself at a wilderness camp with wolves nearby.

Strangely, at first I only had a lone wolf upon me and made quick work of him with a shotgun blast to the face.

2LTRyVA.jpg

YGIoQdS.jpg

As I was chopping wood and prepping the stove in the lodge for dog meat stew I heard the rest of the pack drawing near.

It was one of those situations where the wolves were either fighting infected or somehow couldn't track me properly in the lodge and though I could hear them woofing and such I could not see them for quite some time.

Finally I decided to move up to one of the small cabin where I thought I heard them most often and just over the rise I saw some low movement which I tracked and then fired upon hoping that I could draw aggro of the infected which would then draw the wolves.

Et voila, success!

LNd6umg.jpg

48cLv57.jpg

Killing 2 made a 3rd run off and after skinning I went back the lodge for a feast, after which I logged off.

2 bugs seen while cooking which I believe have been mentioned before:

CQEqPqL.jpg

^Texture of meat not updated to cooked after time elapsed.

Moving the meat to hands space fixed the texture on all.

PihD5kZ.jpg

^Cooking pot in hands ghost duped in fireplace after dragging to hands space.

*Was a ghost dupe and did not actually make a double of the item.

• Like 2

I played on UK-7 for some time. I travelled the far north and nothing unusual happened (which is good I guess :-D ). I noticed one thing: I heard some wolves howl but they never came close to me. Until now every time I heard wolves they also tracked me down some time later. So I assumed that the howl is like the infected growl an indicator that they noticed you.

Beside of that it's fun to ninja loot without pulling any aggro. If you take your time and crouch near infected it's actually quite easy to avoid aggro most of the time. I tried to take a screenshot in the cemetery of Stary Yar but the screenshot does not look like in game (I increased the brightness because the screenshot came out much darker). Seeing some infected roam the cemetery was very atmospheric.

JRjO8wF.jpg

Edited by bingo_fuel
  • Like 4

I understand this current patch is directed at crashes, but I did some vehicle testing as well on US Northeast-01, with two different V3S trucks. I do have crash/performance-related info as well, which I'll put right after the truck stuff.

What I found:

Sliding while Parked

• After turning the vehicles off (making sure to return them to 1st gear beforehand and speed at zero), I noticed significantly less sliding/drifting afterwards compared to the previous patch. Like I usually do, parked on a very slight slope, with the vehicle at about a 45-60 angle to the slope of the hill. Instead of the 4-8 feet of sliding, I only was getting about 2-3 feet. Given that there is a number of factors/variables with this, it may be nothing, but with the same results over several tests in different areas, I felt it may be worth mentioning. I don't expect that kind of sliding to ever be completely removed (having driven vehicles that size, and uneven/steep terrain, sometimes it can happen IRL), but it feels well within reasonable limits.

Traction issues

• I had no issues with traction in the second V3S I found, which had a combination of pristine and worn tires. I found it in Zelenogorsk, and drove it along the town's west side, hit the dirt road to Myshkino, and drove a meandering, northward course through the woods and open fields, eventually skirting the western edge of the map to get to Tisy. The V3S handled great through the woods, and throughout the trip I had no problems with controlling the truck and shifting gears. Behaved as I expected/hoped it would.
  • My first V3S, however, did not fare as well. I picked it up at the Pavlovo Military Base, and it's tires were a varied mix of pristine, worn, and at least one damaged tires.The long uphill straightaway that leads to the road to Pavlovo's southern end was very difficult to drive on, and I was stuck using 1st gear all the way to the gatehouse. Any attempt to shift to 2nd gear resulted in suddenly drifting backwards, only stopping when I shifted back into 1st gear. Brakes were ineffective, I might as well been in neutral. While I expected to encounter the backsliding, the effects of the tire quality in that situation seemed too strong when it's driving in a straight line on a gentle incline - bad or low-pressure tires should absolutely affect turn handling and speeds over 20km/h, but shouldn't force me to max out a 6 Kph and make shifting to 2nd gear impossible (but that's certainly something for later on).

Crashes

• I had a client crash in the first V3S as I was driving through Pavlovo. Happily, upon re-joining the server, I found myself standing beside the truck right where the game crashed. Unhappily, I found I could no longer open either of the doors. I could open the hood/bonnet, take the headlights, but I was given no prompt to open either of the doors. I figure that due to the client crash, the server didn't know I was now outside of the vehicle. I attempted punching the doors just to see if that might do something, but of course, it didn't. I only wish I had someone with me to see if they could access the V3S. I could see that bug manifesting itself in various ways, and causing headaches for people.
  • I had a client crash in the V3S in either this exp patch or the patch before that, but that time I was not locked out of the vehicle. It's possible this might be a new bug (if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere).

FPS/Performance

• I had only two noticeable FPS lag/drop (as in the one that's causing the most problems as of late), BUT it only dropped me down to 20fps (my average FPS varies when driving between 35-50FPS, 45-85FPS on foot), and lasted maybe 3-4 seconds. I could feel and see the lag spike hit (it does kind of have a recognizable signature), so I expected the worst, but the worst never came. The second drop I had was not the "1FPS lag spike," but just  "zed/animal population FPS drop" as I approached the barracks at Tisy- noticeable, but it quickly passed in a couple seconds.

At least from my experiences, whatever it was you folks did, it is making a very significant difference - THANKS!.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, chambersenator said:

I understand this current patch is directed at crashes, but I did some vehicle testing as well on US Northeast-01, with two different V3S trucks. I do have crash/performance-related info as well, which I'll put right after the truck stuff.

What I found:

Sliding while Parked

• After turning the vehicles off (making sure to return them to 1st gear beforehand and speed at zero), I noticed significantly less sliding/drifting afterwards compared to the previous patch. Like I usually do, parked on a very slight slope, with the vehicle at about a 45-60 angle to the slope of the hill. Instead of the 4-8 feet of sliding, I only was getting about 2-3 feet. Given that there is a number of factors/variables with this, it may be nothing, but with the same results over several tests in different areas, I felt it may be worth mentioning. I don't expect that kind of sliding to ever be completely removed (having driven vehicles that size, and uneven/steep terrain, sometimes it can happen IRL), but it feels well within reasonable limits.

Traction issues

• I had no issues with traction in the second V3S I found, which had a combination of pristine and worn tires. I found it in Zelenogorsk, and drove it along the town's west side, hit the dirt road to Myshkino, and drove a meandering, northward course through the woods and open fields, eventually skirting the western edge of the map to get to Tisy. The V3S handled great through the woods, and throughout the trip I had no problems with controlling the truck and shifting gears. Behaved as I expected/hoped it would.
  • My first V3S, however, did not fare as well. I picked it up at the Pavlovo Military Base, and it's tires were a varied mix of pristine, worn, and at least one damaged tires.The long uphill straightaway that leads to the road to Pavlovo's southern end was very difficult to drive on, and I was stuck using 1st gear all the way to the gatehouse. Any attempt to shift to 2nd gear resulted in suddenly drifting backwards, only stopping when I shifted back into 1st gear. Brakes were ineffective, I might as well been in neutral. While I expected to encounter the backsliding, the effects of the tire quality in that situation seemed too strong when it's driving in a straight line on a gentle incline - bad or low-pressure tires should absolutely affect turn handling and speeds over 20km/h, but shouldn't force me to max out a 6 Kph and make shifting to 2nd gear impossible (but that's certainly something for later on).

Crashes

• I had a client crash in the first V3S as I was driving through Pavlovo. Happily, upon re-joining the server, I found myself standing beside the truck right where the game crashed. Unhappily, I found I could no longer open either of the doors. I could open the hood/bonnet, take the headlights, but I was given no prompt to open either of the doors. I figure that due to the client crash, the server didn't know I was now outside of the vehicle. I attempted punching the doors just to see if that might do something, but of course, it didn't. I only wish I had someone with me to see if they could access the V3S. I could see that bug manifesting itself in various ways, and causing headaches for people.
  • I had a client crash in the V3S in either this exp patch or the patch before that, but that time I was not locked out of the vehicle. It's possible this might be a new bug (if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere).

FPS/Performance

• I had only two noticeable FPS lag/drop (as in the one that's causing the most problems as of late), BUT it only dropped me down to 20fps (my average FPS varies when driving between 35-50FPS, 45-85FPS on foot), and lasted maybe 3-4 seconds. I could feel and see the lag spike hit (it does kind of have a recognizable signature), so I expected the worst, but the worst never came. The second drop I had was not the "1FPS lag spike," but just  "zed/animal population FPS drop" as I approached the barracks at Tisy- noticeable, but it quickly passed in a couple seconds.

At least from my experiences, whatever it was you folks did, it is making a very significant difference - THANKS!.

Nice report, keep up the great work on the vehicles. Thanks guys for helping them out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It was one of those situations where the wolves were either fighting infected or somehow couldn't track me properly in the lodge and though I could hear them woofing and such I could not see them for quite some time.

Finally I decided to move up to one of the small cabin where I thought I heard them most often and just over the rise I saw some low movement which I tracked and then fired upon hoping that I could draw aggro of the infected which would then draw the wolves.

Et voila, success!

Now that you mention it, two exp patches ago, it was 'standard procedure' for zeds to aggro on my vehicle, chase it down like kids running after an ice cream truck in a heat wave, and if I would stop and get out, they would ignore me and just hang out, just staring at my truck. Nothing would de-aggro them, and the only thing to do was shoot them - which they all ignored - causing their bodies to clip into the truck chassis and start damaging the vehicle over and over again until I moved it out of the way, or let it work itself out. The damage wasn't extreme, but it would drop a few ties down one level of condition.

I need to test this more to confirm this, but I did seem to notice that zeds and wolves are now able to re-acquire aggro much more reliably. I drove a car to the outskirts of Zelenogorsk the other day (in the patch before this) and turned off my car to enter the town on foot. I didn't aggro the zeds with the car, but I must have aggro'd some wolves just outside of town. The moment I got into the barracks, the wolves arrived and set upon the zeds. I did my looting and got back to my car as the zeds and wolves fought, but the car's engine then aggro'd them both. This could be another confirmation of a fix for the aggro issue, IF it was my car that attracted the wolves. I'll try to test this out in the current patch and post an update if I have any decent data to add.

^Texture of meat not updated to cooked after time elapsed.

Moving the meat to hands space fixed the texture on all.

This is a bit concerning as I do a lot of cooking, and certainly recent if it's happening all the time in the current patch. I was able to cook meat in the pot successfully over the weekend (on the patch before this one), but I did notice it seemed to take longer than usual. The models did change, while still in the pot, but it took several checks to finally see it finish cooking. Also, I should say how I check the pot - by placing it on the ground - as a rule, I never move it to my hands to check (a leftover habit from trying to avoid earlier cooking pot/hands bugs from last year)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chambersenator said:

I did seem to notice that zeds and wolves are now able to re-acquire aggro much more reliably.

Yes, for quite a while now the infected will shift aggro to different players rather than become fixated on just one player.

Sometimes it happens so much that it makes melee versus infected with a friend more difficult when the infected keeps going back and forth.

In my 2nd play session today I was able to hear wolves three times but lost them.

The first time I heard howling I was in a town and ducked into a building. My friends arrived shortly and went looking for them but were too late.

Next was when I was tracking a herd of cows. I was in the wilderness heading back to our camp with no buildings around. When I heard the wolves I bolted which spooked the cows. I then ran for a minute down a large slope and found a caravan to shutter myself into. I was not pursued by wolves to this point and thought they may have started to attack the cows. When I continued towards camp over the same area I once again heard barking and gave that hill a wide birth, avoiding wolf aggro all together for the last time and logging out for the night.

starvingart randomly encountered @sanguine00 who joined us on @The Riddler (DayZ)'s open public TS3, welcome to the jungle.

Nice to finally meet you, man!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

starvingart randomly encountered @sanguine00 who joined us on @The Riddler (DayZ)'s open public TS3, welcome to the jungle.

Nice to finally meet you, man!

Likewise!  I had a fun time relaxing and talking DayZ with you guys.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yes, for quite a while now the infected will shift aggro to different players rather than become fixated on just one player.

Sometimes it happens so much that it makes melee versus infected with a friend more difficult when the infected keeps going back and forth

Oh, yeah, the switching aggro between players has been working fairly well for some time (at least compared to how it was quite a while ago). I'm talking about how once they would aggro on a vehicle with a running engine, and they would become 'stuck' to it, even after the engine stopped. 

If I were to guess what was happening, I'd say that the 'aggro value' (see note below) of a running vehicle was way higher than anything else in the game, so there was no way to break their focus. Perhaps in previous patches it was used as an effective way to attract all zeds in an area, and the 'focus lock' was a side effect. So while aggro could be switched between animals, players, etc., nothing beat their craving for vehicles. Or at least that's how it appears to me.

I can't wait to test it out more tomorrow and see if their behavior really has changed.

(note: This is just my name for it, and all this is just put together from observing how the system works and has changed over the years. So of course it's just an oversimplified approximation of whatever is actually happening.)

• Like 1

Thank you for a feedback!

Some FPS drops (except vehicles)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I experienced some short fps drops while running but they only lasted for a few seconds.

i tried testerday experimental and in svetlojarsk FPS went below 30.in central of that town.

Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

A bit off topic but here's a screen shot of @Thurman Merman cooking up his old Creutzfeldt-Jakob deseased body in order to test if Super Kuru is a thing in this build

Kuru Inception.

Edited by starvingart
i'mnotgoodatforums
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Are just just looking for PvP related frame drops or all frame drops?

I just experienced another very bad fps drop on DE-1 while running in the forest south of Stary Yar. For several minutes I was stuck at 1fps - after that the game recovered.

The frame drop issue that @bingo_fuel mentions is the most severe issue on Exp. at the moment.  It is very difficult to submit good bug reports on this issue, because the game dies not actually "crash," and it seems to be randomly caused, and of varying severity.

Some things that I know:  It is most commonly associated with players who have driven vehicles, although it can affect players who have never touched a vehicle since logging-in.  Sometimes, a player can work around this issue, as Bingo did, by simply trudging forward and being patient.  When this happens while driving, it is best to simply log out, and hope that you can re-enter the server in the same location.  Sometimes, it is necessary to travel about 1km from the site of the 1FPS issue, before one can log back into the same server.  The symptom of this situation is the "hanging Novo/Zelenogorsk screen" which can be left sitting in excess of 10 mins.  Sometimes, it is simply impossible for a player experiencing this issue to get back into the same server, until it resets.  After the reset, everything seems fine again.

Driving vehicles along the same path repeatedly, seems to eventually guarantee this issue to happen; for instance, the middle of NWAF runway seems to be the most commonly seen site of this bug.  That being said, it occurs randomly throughout the map to a degree that I have not been able to issue any clear reproduction steps, aside from the time we gathered up a dozen vehicles and drove them around the airfield until everyone started crashing in the same spot.  

The V3S seems to have improved from its previously undrivable state over the weekend, with consistently horrible screen hitching.  This still happens to a lesser degree with all vehicles, but it is manageable.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2017 at 11:22 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys,

Chances are once vehicles are stable will this be .62? just curious.

14 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The frame drop issue that @bingo_fuel mentions is the most severe issue on Exp. at the moment.  It is very difficult to submit good bug reports on this issue.

It will be tested very heavy on saturday night when we have 3-4 clans fighting it out. And trust me, it will be info collecting.

Last time we stayed back a tad, but the sync was so horrible, you had to even spread out.

usually these events are 20-20 fights.

IF the devs want info, its a private hive, can you still parse info from a private hive? we have some serious gun play going on. Gear up all week, and war it out all at once.

Edited by sneakydude

Thank you for your feedback.

I am closing this thread because new update.