Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137517

Hello guys.

We have a new Experimental branch update.

We have done some changes in inventory - The issue with fake items duplication should be fixed. If everything goes fine we can push this update to the Stable branch as soon as possible. Fingers crossed!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

Thank you for playing on Experimental servers!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hey Baty! I've been a little out of touch lately with the experimental branch updates. Did the hotfix for server crashing/duplication methods get pushed to stable or is this still in testing on EXP servers?

25 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

anything to watch besides inventory behaviour?

Try to crash some server :). If you will find any way to crash it, pm me. 

20 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

Hey Baty! I've been a little out of touch lately with the experimental branch updates. Did the hotfix for server crashing/duplication methods get pushed to stable or is this still in testing on EXP servers?

If everything goes fine we can push this update to the Stable branch as soon as possible. Here is the fix:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

If everything goes fine we can push this update to the Stable branch as soon as possible. Here is the fix:

Thanks, I'll hop on and try to crash some servers! Wow, I never thought I'd be saying that... lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys.

We have done some changes in inventory - The issue with fake items duplication should be fixed. If everything goes fine we can push this update to the Stable branch as soon as possible. Fingers crossed!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Damage being delayed

Does this mean that vehicles will come to stables as well or do they stay disabled? :)

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Does this mean that vehicles will come to stables as well or do they stay disabled? :)

Enabled on Experimental branchs, still disabled on Stable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Guess we will have to keep driving them to get them to Stable. I have a question though, are there servers where vehicles are persistent or is it off at all servers?

• Like 1

What kind of things are being done to improve the user experience with vehicles at this time?  In my experience, vehicles have gotten worse since their first iteration in .61.  The V3S has developed a stroboscopic control bug that makes it practically unusable.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • Damage being delayed

HI, WILL GET ON THEM. is there any reason loot cant be spawning at camo buildings, military vehicles, tanks etc now.  =i know it was turned off a while ago but just wondered if it can get back on now??

Hello evreyone !

I drive a V3s in this experimetnal ! everything was fine then I have a client crash:  my game freeze sound in game stop either ! have to quit the game with ctrl+alt+supr

I log back and I was near my V3s ( it crashed in a tree but everything was pristine but the battery that was ruined ) the V3s works fine again but I can climb on it without opening the door and leave it without opening the doors either ! (my body passed throu the door)

I drive a little bit my v3s to PD of zelenogorsk then the crash happende to me again (same as before)

Agree with emuthreat.  Vehicles are next to useless.  Seems they worked better without gear shifting.  We have had iterations in the past that they worked fairly well. 

10 minutes ago, Survivor 1969 said:

is there any reason loot cant be spawning at camo buildings, military vehicles, tanks etc now.  =i know it was turned off a while ago but just wondered if it can get back on now??

camo buildings are a bit buggy, so many bug abusing a-holes glitched themselfs into the walls and killed players. so now, without lootspawns setup, there shouldn't be a reason for many players to go inside.

normal wrecks (not crash sites) now only spawn items when they have movable parts, and since no military wreck has any they don't spawn (just as some civilian car wrecks).

8 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

camo buildings are a bit buggy, so many bug abusing a-holes glitched themselfs into the walls and killed players. so now, without lootspawns setup, there shouldn't be a reason for many players to go inside.

normal wrecks (not crash sites) now only spawn items when they have movable parts, and since no military wreck has any they don't spawn (just as some civilian car wrecks).

That pretty much sums it up. The camo building is a building which players can glitch into and when another player comes in they come out of the wall and kill you. Therefore they disabled loot spawn in those buildings. It's best to avoid that building at all cost, specially on full pop servers if you don't want to die by some pathetic wall glitcher.

The wrecks were a design decision. The developers thought it was unrealistic that loot would spawn inside of a burned out vehicle which makes sense. Although some of the military vehicles are not really burned out to be honest.

Just played a bit on DE-1. Inventory seems to behave correctly again and I did not notice anything strange.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IMT said:

That pretty much sums it up. The camo building is a building which players can glitch into and when another player comes in they come out of the wall and kill you. Therefore they disabled loot spawn in those buildings. It's best to avoid that building at all cost, specially on full pop servers if you don't want to die by some pathetic wall glitcher.

The wrecks were a design decision. The developers thought it was unrealistic that loot would spawn inside of a burned out vehicle which makes sense. Although some of the military vehicles are not really burned out to be honest.

surely the glitching in the wall is fixed by now?

7 minutes ago, Survivor 1969 said:

surely the glitching in the wall is fixed by now?

Nope, this will be fixed with the new character controller.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Thanks for the confirmation. What do you need from us to help expedite their appearance on stable?

Also in the police station of Zeleno I found 7 mags of glock but no guns !

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This stable count as a complete wipe? if brought forward?

and how does it look guys.

Inventory seems to be fixed, but on that note I did notice something related:   I have my Tilde key (~) bound to turn the hot-bar on and off, and the Tab key will bring up my inventory which also displays the hot-bar below (I believe this is default configuration but I may have changed it in the past).  So, my Tab key hotbar shows a different set of items than my Tilde key hotbar (which seems to be missing my pitchfork and my blaze).   They seem to be out of sync.  My pitchfork is bound to 1 and it seems to work just fine.  Has anyone else noticed this? For the record, I was being particularly hard with inventory slots trying to stress it by loot cycling Skalisty Island a bunch of times, using jackets as containers, throwing stuff all over, and trying to create cle chaos.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Survivor 1969 said:

tnx m8

Hey man, i'm glad to see you back with a different attitude. I'm sorry i insulted your videos last time we spoke on here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys.

• Damage being delayed

What about the memory errors? The game is crashing a lot.

3 hours ago, brunohlferreira said:

What about the memory errors? The game is crashing a lot.

Huge problem, not only for your character but corruption with the client. Each and every time it crashes or you lose connection the animals.pbo and other client files get damaged.

We need to get this fixed if possible prior to stable move.

Seeing it, tested it and confirmed that you have to physically delete the pbo files in order to just download new ones.

What is happening is the verify only checks the number of files but never the files themselves, so it would take a person to figure on uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it. Happening pretty much exclusively on .61

Also the black faces, noticed that if that comes up chances are you crash and the exe error pops up, can be dangerous when infected coming in with that huge 1000 fists hack they have.

@Baty Alquawen I hope you can forward this information on to the devs, a push to stable with the exe error is a waist of time for you and the testers, can you hold onto this until that is fixed please?

Not everyone knows what files to deal with or how to deal with them, why most would just uninstall almost 10gb of data each time.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3