- Commit aimed at addressing server perf dropoff
- Continued adjustment of infected behavior
- Adjustments to Melee Audio
- Fix for most common server crash
- Handslot duplication fix
- ALICE Pack added to spawns
- Adjustments to dynamic lighting
- Continued adjustment to issues causing "Naked/Gear Desync'd" players

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected footsteps very quiet
- Infected do not do damage to players when attacking
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 6

I am going to test from where i left off, the basics. Military gear will be there. I would like to go hunting, with a bow and arrows.

Maybe look at the fishing, crafting aspect of it. Finding the feather bug wasn't expected, it never came up before. Ill try spamming rocks next.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- ALICE Pack added to spawns

So is the ALICE pack actually in this time or did someone mix it up with a top hat? :P (luv u really)

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Like 1

forgot to wipe...but now servers go down again and i bet we will be back on the beach

hurry up guys ;)

Can we expect to see the scout rifle anytime soon?  Or are we waiting for the player controller before releasing new weapons?

5 minutes ago, jd02054 said:

Can we expect to see the scout rifle anytime soon?  Or are we waiting for the player controller before releasing new weapons?

5 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

storage improvised tent? IS that in the game yet, or ever?

Guys, we've said many times before - aside from small items that require no new systems, or technology like shoes and backpacks - there will be no new content configured for the old technology slated to be replaced in beta.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

crash on server join. :( 

Please file issues over at feedback.dayz.com !

Shit, spam stones, feathers, water, food all "F" grr

1B2BFC220B1A8F56248018C72EE74C7EE448F7AA

What happened? it never used to do this before.

posting this to the tracker too.

Edited by sneakydude

20 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Guys, we've said many times before - aside from small items that require no new systems, or technology like shoes and backpacks - there will be no new content configured for the old technology slated to be replaced in beta.

NP wasnt sure if it was a feature, was going to make one while working on Bambi to mid lvl survival to test the basics for you again.

After the update, I literally can't play with the lag now, my character is bouncing all over the map.

What would be nice though is to add some more atmosphere to the game, like dust and wind effects, this would make the game really immersive.

But as far as the lag goes, something changed, I have always been able to play on international servers without to many problems, but at the moment my character is flying all over the place.

10 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Shit, spam stones, feathers, water, food all "F" grr

1B2BFC220B1A8F56248018C72EE74C7EE448F7AA

What happened? it never used to do this before.

posting this to the tracker too.

This happened to me two days ago with an apple tree, i literally saw like 12 apples when i pressed tab at a tree.

4 minutes ago, Spazukker said:

After the update, I literally can't play with the lag now, my character is bouncing all over the map.

What would be nice though is to add some more atmosphere to the game, like dust and wind effects, this would make the game really immersive.

But as far as the lag goes, something changed, I have always been able to play on international servers without to many problems, but at the moment my character is flying all over the place.

No lag, i see many playing, try turning of the modem, router for a few minutes. Might help

- 0 zombie damage, for real.

- No zombies sounds at all - I pissed my pants and my heart went to my ass. So much i got scared when zombie hit me :D.

the comments section on facebook is super toxic, not sure if just trolls or if people just dont get it.

• Like 2

There is a bug with the health / sickness system.

I cured my food poisoning (sickness status went away in the tab screen) but it remained in the top right screen and kept taking away blood even though i was "healing" lol.

I vomited and took charcoal-tabs, I'm just trying to fix the status updating with a rejoin but I'm not sure if it works.

TL;DR Food poisoning is incurable lol

5 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

There is a bug with the health / sickness system.

I cured my food poisoning (sickness status went away in the tab screen) but it remained in the top right screen and kept taking away blood even though i was "healing" lol.

I vomited and took charcoal-tabs, I'm just trying to fix the status updating with a rejoin but I'm not sure if it works.

TL;DR Food poisoning is incurable lol

I'm geting hited by zombies, 0 damage. Also re-loging into server, "if" it works.

Damn....

Re-loged back into server, no damage done to me. Status bar not updating at all.

No damage from zombie hits for me.i hitted also some player on the leg about 5 times...no damage.he hit me with axe in head....suprise...im dead?