Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

2 hours ago, Schwelmer said:

Hey i have to say thank you to the dev team to fix the exp. Server on the weekend nice job...

And pleas let us spown in the 0.61 stable with a knife so nobody has to use the bug anymore, very simpel way to solve the problem...

Or, orrrr... you just quit committing suicide? Just loot a bit until you find a knife or find some rocks, what ever but don't kill yourself via a bug, it's not really immersive. :(

• Like 3

The patch is Fxcked. I'm sorry to say so.

When there are many players in an area, desync is brutal. 

I've had a firefight with about 6 people yesterday and 3 of them appeared (at close range) without clothing and without gun due to desync.

I talked to them because I didn't know they had a gun and suddenly they started shooting without a gun in their hands. I've killed one, fell unconscious 2 times, saw 3 other players whose clothing was normal and got shot by one of them.

Loot is fucked, too. Distribution right now is pitiful. I can play an hour and tell you exactly which house spawns which things. Some buildings are even "stuck" with spawning one item exclusively, different ones on each server, possibly a desync issue too.

Food is to plentiful, loot distribution just does not work, it was way better a few patches ago. I think that has to do with items spawning in clothing, it really bugs out.

I'm usually not the guy to get all frustrated due to desync or whatever, I know it will get fixed, but loot distribution has been broken since a year or so while they are claiming they can change it at any time without a patch?

Edited by VVarhead

11 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

The patch is Fxcked. I'm sorry to say so.

When there are many players in an area, desync is brutal. 

I've had a firefight with about 6 people yesterday and 3 of them appeared (at close range) without clothing and without gun due to desync.

I talked to them because I didn't know they had a gun and suddenly they started shooting without a gun in their hands. I've killed one, fell unconscious 2 times, saw 3 other players whose clothing was normal and got shot by one of them.

Loot is fucked, too. Distribution right now is pitiful. I can play an hour and tell you exactly which house spawns which things. Some buildings are even "stuck" with spawning one item exclusively, different ones on each server, possibly a desync issue too.

Food is to plentiful, loot distribution just does not work, it was way better a few patches ago. I think that has to do with items spawning in clothing, it really bugs out.

I'm usually not the guy to get all frustrated due to desync or whatever, I know it will get fixed, but loot distribution has been broken since a year or so while they are claiming they can change it at any time without a patch?

Before getting upset about the state of an Exp/Unstable build - please read the OP. These issues are known, and being worked on. (With the exception of the things you mentioned loot wise - which are heavily related to how init restock works vs regular respawn, and subject to server stability.)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Last warning here - this thread is for discussing data and experiences from testing on Experimental. Not soap boxing how you think things should be done.

So much this please.

• Like 4

I left Olsha with a pack full of pumpkin slices and figured I'd make my way to Vybor/NWAF using just the sun and landmarks which went pretty well. I carried on my research with "session lost" and infected despawning, got dropped twice in Vybor logged back into no infected both times and and a chicken the second, the chicken didn't start shit so we went our separate ways unharmed. I hit NWAF from the S/W end and got dropped a few times again clearing all the infected from my immediate area, made my way up the west side to the Quonset and one more "session lost" same thing infected gone. I almost left because I got a feeling there was someone in the tents. I went N/W to make a wide loop to the north side of the tents so I could see across the open area on that side. I crept in from bush to bush seeing about a half dozen infected wandering in the grass outside the tents so I just held my ground and watched. As I was watching big surprise "session lost" but on relog guess what? The infected were still there and I totally knew what to do in this situation I took my unsilenced MP5 and burped three into the nearest infected and then I ran, and ran, and ran some more. Of course one or two infected chased me but a few others went the other way, I wonder why?

I made my way back around the long way to get the barracks on the east side and check out the new tent layout and saw signs of someone having been there recently.

I also earlier in the day was curious about how many pages you could tear out of a book, two it turns out, cool. This was while I was dicking around in Olsha and when I did it I had no inventory slots so the first piece went in my hands and the second directly on the floor, I dragged the piece from my hands to the floor as well. One piece of paper hung around for hours but the book and second piece was gone in a half hour or so. I'm not sure what piece of paper stayed but think that's related to all the ammo box papers we were seeing hanging around in the tent cities? 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 4

Hey guys! It's been a bit since I've played and I'm hesitant on joining EXP short of just waiting for Stable release, but goodness does it look awesome and for the most part (Except for a few) this chat has been overwhelmingly positive and helpful. It reallyyyy feels like DayZ is coming along and has a different atmosphere now - Like the renovation to the house to nearing complete, with the new appliances on their way so to speak xD 

I'm not generally a very hostile player unless it's in RP type scenarios so the potential slaughterfest that could be awaiting me on a Exp server is kinda scurry, but I might give it a shot haha. 

To the names that I've seen since I joined the community and kept up the conversation (and train of progress), I salute you <3

Query: Can someone tell me what the main blockers are at this moment to go onto Stable? Are there many? Can the supportive player be asked to wait until January for potential release? Or will it arrive much much sooner?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Espa said:

*snip*

Query: Can someone tell me what the main blockers are at this moment to go onto Stable? Are there many? Can the supportive player be asked to wait until January for potential release? Or will it arrive much much sooner?

Aside from all the stuff in the OP, there was a pretty significant server crashing issue on Friday that they'll be getting to on Monday, our clients are actually rolled back to a previous version to get us through the weekend right now because of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

The infected were still there and I totally knew what to do in this situation I took my unsilenced MP5 and burped three into the nearest infected and then I ran, and ran, and ran some more. Of course one or two infected chased me but a few others went the other way, I wonder why?

Some mook took shots at me from the piano house in Staroye this morning.  I just ran around until I had a good crowd of infected, ran up, opened the door and ran through.  Trapped at least 6 or 7 in there.  Listened to him bang away until he ran out of ammo.  Once it got quiet, I went back in, ice axed the 3 infected he didn't get, and took his Sporter w empty 10rd mag, for which I had a 30rd mag.  Win-win, with both wins going to me.  :D

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Some mook took shots at me from the piano house in Staroye this morning.  I just ran around until I had a good crowd of infected, ran up, opened the door and ran through.  Trapped at least 6 or 7 in there.  Listened to him bang away until he ran out of ammo.  Once it got quiet, I went back in, ice axed the 3 infected he didn't get, and took his Sporter w empty 10rd mag, for which I had a 30rd mag.  Win-win, with both wins going to me.  :D

I believe you run solo a lot too?

Do you get a telltale stutter when other players are around?

If I'm moving and get 5-10 frames of slideshow, I know there's someone there. I'm getting the feeling I miss it when I'm camping a deerstand or whatever because my FOV isn't moving and every frame is the same.

8 hours ago, Schwelmer said:

Hey i have to say thank you to the dev team to fix the exp. Server on the weekend nice job...

And pleas let us spown in the 0.61 stable with a knife so nobody has to use the bug anymore, very simpel way to solve the problem...????    *problem, what problem?*  If being in the wrong area of the coast is a problem, perhaps you should be focused on dying less easily, rather than more easily...

I'm not sure if killing yourself for a better spawn is the type of gameplay that the developers wish to support.  I know there are a good few people who would like to see a 10-minute respawn timer on accounts that use F-11 within ten minutes of spawning.

I know it can be time consuming, but have you tried just straight-up playing the game?  It takes the same amount of time to get to Stary Sobor from basically any of the spawns, so pick a few apples and get those legs moving.  You might see some new things, maybe even learn a thing or two...

In other news, I had a few peaceful interactions last night.  I was going to meet a friend in Staroye, who kept tragically getting killed as I ran down to meet him from Novaya Petrovka. Some asshole killed him while picking apples, just before reaching Polana; once again, leaving me without a gas cookstove, as he was bringing one to me from Orlovettes. He went AFK as we both reached Staroye, so I headed to the new tents first, where I saw a stranger in his underpants.  I called out to him, and we both agreed that there was no good reason to exchange bullets.He offered to put his gun away, but I told him that he was getting the tightey-whitey bug, and I just couldn't trust him if I couldn't see him properly, so I scooted off to the north, frustrated at having to wait for the guy I had wasted an hour running down to give some gear to.
I passed two guys in bomber jackets along the power lines north of Shakovka, and called out to them:  "I'm cool, if you're cool;"  to which they promptly responded, assuring me of their coolness.  a few moments later, my friend was back at his keyboard and looting the new tents which I had earlier left for the lone survivor in his skivvies.  He found an AKS74u, which was good, because those bomber jacket guys weren't very cool anymore, so he had to put one down.  We ran to Kamensk, and found very little of use to us, and headed further west.

Once at Tisy, we attracted the attention of some wolves.  We decided to keep it quiet for the time being, and would lure the wolves away from the door, and then bolt out and split up to our predetermined barracks of refuge.  This worked out very well for us, until we met back up in the two-story admin building to the south, where both wolves and zombies started percolating through the doors.  At one point I had to hose three infected off my friend who was cornered, and bless-his-heart, he chose to duck and cover; somehow none of my 5.45 rounds found him.  I cleaned up the two wolves that made it inside, and brazenly collected the meat from a third outside, that I had downed with my Longhorn through the window.
We made it out of the base without incident, and I took him to the western vehicle blockade and tents, where he logged out.

I ran through Myshkino tenst solo, seeing noone.  I posted up on a bluff, and reluctantly cooked my wolf steaks on a wood fire place.  I ate my fill, headed through pass Sosnovy, and found a helicrash at the norther edge of Green mountain. After looting it, I ran up to the top and looted the barracks.
I heard a suppressed pistol shot, and decided to wait.  This guy must have been some kind of ninja, because I never heard the door open to my barracks.  I listened to his footsteps and trained my gun on the edge of the doorway, and the carefully-looting ninja poked his head around my doorway.  I told him that I had no intention of shooting him If I didn't have to, and suggested that he sequester himself in the showers while I get the hell out of there.

I survived another day on Southcentral 0-2, with three distinct player contacts.  Every time, I used my microphone, and never had to use my trigger.  Though I do acknowledge my luck in seeing so few people, and no overtly hostile ones, even as my friend was gunned down three times that night.

• Like 6

Brian, you're doing an excellent job ... keep it up! I am sure that now there must be a lot of pressure from many people! But keep it up! Unfortunately they always say the bad things but never say the good things. Ignore the nonsensical critics. Thank you very much for your efforts!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, jonysky said:

Brian, you're doing an excellent job ... keep it up! I am sure that now there must be a lot of pressure from many people! But keep it up! Unfortunately they always say the bad things but never say the good things. Ignore the nonsensical critics. Thank you very much for your efforts!

Yepe, they are actually doing a great job.

i love how you guys communicate nowadays, i asked for more activity on official forum by devs since Day Zero. damn, when i remember how they communicate in reddit and we have no love in forum's, it was madness. :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

If I'm moving and get 5-10 frames of slideshow, I know there's someone there. I'm getting the feeling I miss it when I'm camping a deerstand or whatever because my FOV isn't moving and every frame is the same.

I always assume that's what the stutter means, but don't know for sure.

• Like 1

Found a chain saw today and have been testing that out.  I notice that the noise of the saw running does not draw infected like a gun shot would.  The saw appears to be equally lethal when it is turned off also.  I would like to test to see if others can hear the sound, but I don't want to get shot in the face, so I am hesitant to approach other people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pain Jack said:

Found a chain saw today and have been testing that out.  I notice that the noise of the saw running does not draw infected like a gun shot would.  The saw appears to be equally lethal when it is turned off also.  I would like to test to see if others can hear the sound, but I don't want to get shot in the face, so I am hesitant to approach other people.

I've had an odd weekend in that regard.  Out of 15 or so people I saw/contacted, only 2 behaved aggressively.  Like the EXP of old days.  I've even given away several guns to the unarmed.

• Like 3

I just checked out the new highway checkpoint on the central western border, no infected guarding it so far as I could tell. 

The loot in the tents seemed adequate and diverse but holy crap the cars were a mess. had to have been 50 quilted jackets, similar quantities of wool coats and hiking jackets all with usable stuff like canned food and civilian ammo in the pockets. Some civilian clothes close to the tents had mil loot in the pockets, fnx mag in hiking jacket notably.

A guy could lurk there indefinitely if he were so inclined.

I was on SNG 1pp when I entered but it didn't come right back up after reset so I finished on AUS 1pp both similar loot situations.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I just checked out the new highway checkpoint on the central western border, no infected guarding it so far as I could tell. 

The loot in the tents seemed adequate and diverse but holy crap the cars were a mess. had to have been 50 quilted jackets, similar quantities of wool coats and hiking jackets all with usable stuff like canned food and civilian ammo in the pockets. Some civilian clothes close to the tents had mil loot in the pockets, fnx mag in hiking jacket notably.

I was on SNG 1pp when I entered but it didn't come right back up after reset so I finished on AUS 1pp both similar loot situations.

That "AUS 1pp" server is an Aussie one?

Seeing as you are on the extreme west coast of our great country I suppose the pings are not as bad as my experience here in the nation's capital...but my experience has been abysmal on any APac server. Did I think Australia when it was actually Austria?

And what town is near to this new checkpoint?

I am just getting back online after a month away from it so my initial spawn could use some instant high-risk loot!

BTW....Just spent a week visiting my old military buddy I haven't seen in thirty years....who lives up on the Nanaimo River just west of the town..... Holy moley!.... you islanders really have something special out there!

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, philbur said:

Seeing as you are on the extreme west coast of our great country I suppose the pings are not as bad as my experience here in the nation's capital...but my experience has been abysmal on any APac server. Did I think Australia when I was actually Austria?

I am just getting back online after a month away from it so my initial spawn could use some instant high-risk loot!

I'm on rural cell internet my ping is garbage no matter what server I play on, I play AUS and SNG because of the lower populations.

yzbGhyd.jpg

Stole this from another thread, was at the one above Myshenko.

• Like 2

Ah! Perfect.

So the overall tent quantities have been cut back outside Myshinko, eh?....

This was overdue.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philbur said:

Ah! Perfect.

So the overall tent quantities have been cut back outside Myshinko, eh?....

This was overdue.

Thanks again!

There's less at NWAF and the layout is way different, went around Myshinko this evening but it's supposed to be changed.

I just hit the South West highway checkpoint, a few vests coats and pants, some ak74 ammo, the cars had 1-2 items and not at every car, no infected.

For someone like me who just wants a Gorka coat, vest and subtle coloured backpack most of the time these sites would save me a lot of grief.

• Like 2

I visited the reworked abandoned base north of Severograd tonight, and got shot for my troubles.  Killed my attacked, but was way down on blood.  Ran through a few tents real quick and grabbed a vest before I booked it.  Now to hide and heal for a while.

From what I saw, the spot looked really good though.  Lots of overgrowth, with the sandbag wall things everywhere.  I like the pallet floors in the tents now also, its a nice touch.

• Like 1

My experience with .61 so far with focus on bugs.

Overall the experience has been awesome, the responsiveness of the inventory, player animations, and fire fights in general has been awesome and makes the game that much more enjoyable for me. As far as naked players go, the best thing I can recommend for that atm is log out and in with your friends so you can see all of each others clothes and remain somewhat in sync with each other. That's worked well for us, with the reduced log in timer, relogs only take about 25 seconds as long as the server isnt full. Treat all naked players as armed and you should be fine. Relogging near dead naked players has consistently gotten their loot to show for myself and my friends. Super sonic snaps from weapons aren't working at the moment which isn't too big of a deal as long as you assume all unknown shots are at you. Overall very pleased with the progress the game has made, so the dev game has my thanks for making such an enjoyable game I keep coming back to.

Edited by Josh Nielens
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I noticed this as well when meeting up with someone. I get a significant framedrop, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a second.

7 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Yep, I've found a 10 round CMAG in the shed next to the gas station. Gary and me even found 2 UMP's at the new checkpoint with cars at Tisy!

6 hours ago, philbur said:

Seeing as you are on the extreme west coast of our great country I suppose the pings are not as bad as my experience here in the nation's capital...but my experience has been abysmal on any APac server. Did I think Australia when it was actually Austria?

BTW....Just spent a week visiting my old military buddy I haven't seen in thirty years....who lives up on the Nanaimo River just west of the town..... Holy moley!.... you islanders really have something special out there!

If it's Austria then I'm baffled because as a Western-European I'm getting more than/around 250 ping over there according the server browser, which would be awkward.

4 hours ago, Pain Jack said:

I visited the reworked abandoned base north of Severograd tonight, and got shot for my troubles.  Killed my attacked, but was way down on blood.  Ran through a few tents real quick and grabbed a vest before I booked it.  Now to hide and heal for a while.

From what I saw, the spot looked really good though.  Lots of overgrowth, with the sandbag wall things everywhere.  I like the pallet floors in the tents now also, its a nice touch.

I never really liked Kamensk military base because it's located in the forest. You need to be really careful because there might be an infected in the tree's or even a player which may surprise you. The only thing I liked about it was that it's situated along the edge of the map and that it was not visited a lot.

• Like 1

For me experience quite opposite.server crashing yesterday,cannot place fireplace to the oven then after that cannot take fireplace from ground to the hand.also axe was bugged.cannot skin chicken,my character also was lagging...it refused to move and sometimes it was moving by itself.also i tried cook chicken in a stick but with 3 firewood and with few sticks it stayed raw.also noticed with new character bleeding effect but no status.