Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

Edit: Servers are up/down due to the new server crash. The more crashdumps we have, the better on Monday!

Yet another Exp/Unstable update - this one aimed at:

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!)
- Some gunshots not being triggered 
- Desync of dropped items/gear 
- Desync of equipped items/gear 
- Some server perf adjustments around AI simulation
- Infected attack mechanic adjustments around melee

Edit: Its looking like we're still seeing naked players on Exp/Unstable branch, as well as a new server crash.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 8

:-) Yep, got dropped... but they have not given the okay yet anyway! ran into two others, they brought a Zombie right too me! Fools :-)

Running good though, have the settings lower on my laptop but after excluding the files in AV it is playable.

Edited by ShallowTech

Looks like we're still seeing some naked players, as well as some server crashes.

More iteration is needed!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Looks like we're still seeing some naked players, as well as some server crashes.

More iteration is needed!

Indeed, was just in a server for no more than a few minutes before it crashed.

4 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

rollback to 0.61 136468 if this version isn't better, but crashing the whole time...

This is Exp/Unstable. The branch exists for testing, and rolling back will only hinder us. If you're frustrated testing this build, switch over to stable.

When it fails, this is good - it allows us to gather more data, and further isolate the cause of the issue and how we can address it.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

rollback to 0.61 136468 if this version isn't better, but crashing the whole time...

Now why would they rollback experimental? when they are testing..

This isn't play me now. Your better at .60 until this is ready

• Like 2

maybe im not seeing the situation right, but i joined two servers, spawned, walked for a min and then the servers crashed.

it felt like first exp. version of 0.61 that was crashing all the time. do you remember how good testing was back then? so good, that the version got taken down after a few hours.

why keep testing a version that when it's not running at all (if my server crashes were the exeption, then my point obviously isn't valid) insted of an older version that allows to perform tests at all? sure, finding the causes for the crashes would be a good reason to, but after the data has been gathered, remain at the crashing version for the weekend? i wouldn't see any reason to.

Edited by HaseDesTodes

8 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

maybe im not seeing the situation right, but i joined two servers, spawned, walked for a min and then the servers crashed.

it felt like first exp. version of 0.61 that was crashing all the time. do you remember how good testing was back then? so good the version got taken down after a few hours.

why keep testing a version that when it's not running at all (if my server crashes were the exeption, then my point obviously isn't valid) insted of an older version that allows to perform tests at all? sure, finding the causes for the crashes would be a good reason to, but after the data has been gathered, remain at the crashing version for the weekend? i wouldn't see any reason to.

Yes your not looking at this right.

Think of this as a closed testing group. Take yourself into it and explain to Mr. Hicks what your seeing wrong. It is best not to bring negative reviews to an already difficult situation in Dev builds. (since it can change without notice in 5 minutes)

Remember these are not released builds but Alpha testing Dev builds. Big difference.

Dayz Devs need eyes, and if your not able to see it as a testing build then you really should take yourself out of it, until it is stable enough.

Edit, this is why i feel so strongly about closed alpha NDA testing. But numbers matter too when it comes to testing, server loads. They need our help, lets help them.

I am also honored if asked to help test it, for the stable branch asap.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

Exp Update 0.61.136468

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!) ====> not true, crash every 2 minutes

4 minutes ago, kataro said:

Exp Update 0.61.136468

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!) ====> not true, crash every 2 minutes

Again - the text clearly says we resolved one crash, but not all of them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Again - the text clearly says we resolved one crash, but not all of them.

Sorry :), my english is not very good :/. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

AGain - the text clearly says we resolved one crash, but not all of them.

I wonder if anyone who comments stuff you have to respond to like that has ever worked in a dev environment, or anything with patching/revisions. :P

I'm having fun seeing how far my character can run before the servers crash. Haven't noticed any bugs other than the items being unusable unless spray painted.

PSO-1 is back ! (real long range, not PSO 1-1)

Just Found one on a SVD. Didn't see it since ... 0.58 ?

Thx for that

5 minutes ago, Solus Lupus said:

PSO-1 is back ! (real long range, not PSO 1-1)

Just Found one on a SVD. Didn't see it since ... 0.58 ?

Thx for that

it was back since the svd came out ^^

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Yes your not looking at this right.

so the situation about the current exp. version isn't, that servers crash every few minutes? thats what i asked for.

Think of this as a closed testing group. Take yourself into it and explain to Mr. Hicks what your seeing wrong. It is best not to bring negative reviews to an already difficult situation in Dev builds. (since it can change without notice in 5 minutes)

Remember these are not released builds but Alpha testing Dev builds. Big difference.

the problem i see remains the same: you can't test when servers are crashing every few min. and saying that has noting to do with negativity as long it's not exaggerated. (like if servers only crashed every 30min average)

as long as i point out real issues i don't see why you try to explain this to me (actually i guess i know why).

Dayz Devs need eyes, and if your not able to see it as a testing build then you really should take yourself out of it, until it is stable enough.

if you can test under these circumstances, good luck. i guess i will skip this version, as it is unplayable for me.

personally i would roll back to the previous version. sure it would be a step back, but you know. two steps forward, one step back. thats nothing bad imho.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

• Like 1