Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136253

6 hours ago, ori42 said:

My game crashed due to low FPS in the forest - probably related to server performance. 

Near Green mountain Radio Tower. 

20161123190445_1.jpg

What's low fps, I play at an average of 15 in town 20 in the forest and 30 if I look out over the ocean. It's funny to because I'm getting about the same numbers since .60 which was an improvement on this computer, it feels smoother since they added dynamic shadows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

One small edit:
As I've said before - we are aware that supersonic cracks from bullets are not functioning currently. This will be addressed, as I've said - but if it will be addressed in .61 remains to be seen. That said, I have spoken with the audio team, and they will *see* what they can get done for .61, no promises however.

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed. I've just logged out of .61 and its looking and sounding great! A few repeated server restarts, sometimes with a short warning. I'm wondering if someone has a method to crash the server and is using it to dupe gear?

• Like 1

Minor sound bug update: Scorpion with suppressor east sound exactly the same as without a suppressor on the same weapon when u fire. (I didn`t had time to test it with zombies if it aggro or not with a suppressor east on it.)

I`ve not tested suppressor east on other weapons like AK-74, AKS-74U, AK101, AKM,  

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

What's low fps, I play at an average of 15 in town 20 in the forest and 30 if I look out over the ocean. It's funny to because I'm getting about the same numbers since .60 which was an improvement on this computer, it feels smoother since they added dynamic shadows. 

I sometimes spiked at (6-8) fps and it lag the whole pc on a full server, but I`ve no idea why (it was middle of the forest too which is usually higher fps compare to cities like Cherno or Elektro.) 

I changed my setting after the crash though and disabled edge smooting + shadows and turned off Auto option on video memory and sat it to max instead 2048 mb - maybe it help, but I need to test it out for a longer run tomorrow.

I`ve a notion that Auto memory option doesn`t work properly on video setting and it crash the game for me on my pc hardware. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kataro said:

Range finder are work  tested ..

I just had to confirm this yesterday so I tested it as well, they indeed work again. :)

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

Minor sound bug update: Scorpion with suppressor east sound exactly the same as without a suppressor on the same weapon when u fire. (I didn`t had time to test it with zombies if it aggro or not with a suppressor east on it.)

I`ve not tested suppressor east on other weapons like AK-74, AKS-74U, AK101, AKM,  

For me the suppressor on the AKS-74U worked as intended. However, I didn't test it recently. What I do know  is that the suppressor on the P1, Makarov and M4A1 work correctly, which I tested yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ori42 said:

you are right, the sound of suppressed scorpion is the same like an unsuppressed but for the zeds it works.

no suppressor and the zeds are coming, with suppressor zeds ignoring you like it should be

• Like 2

y6mJdZQ.jpg

Approx 12 hours in game today! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may not remember everything but I will try to keep things in order.

After lunch I ran further North until I came upon the edge of Kamensk mil base. As I crouched near the edge of the wall I heard the first howls of wolves. With little care for infected around I bolted for the jail building hoping for protection. By this time I had been in contact with emuthreat and he heard I had run down my ammo and apparently my luck. He said he was nearby so I patiently watched as the infected and the wolves fought and hoped the insanity would keep randoms at bay.

One thing I noticed, sometimes the infected would aggro on the wolves and sometimes they would stay aggro'd to me without any regard to the wolves biting their backs.

Thankfully, emuthreat arrived in short order.

Armed with an M-4 and plenty of rounds he played hero and rescued me from the wolf pack!

LBVOvTu.jpg

We left the area after looting and not long after GaryWalnuts joined us at devils castle and I think IMT met up around this time too.

emuthreat grew tired of soaking through M65 jackets and freezing and finally wised up and into a rain coat. Here I realized you can spam catch rain with the cooking pot to instantly fill it! Just hold the pot in your hands and scroll down to catch rain and just keep hitting the F key.

R1PhsnO.jpg

15smE5m.jpg

Devils castle didn't offer much but the views are always worth the hike.

Here Gary shows off his levitation skills before logging off for the night and IMT logged out a little while later.

D97sT0K.jpg

emu and I then met up with starvingart and helped bring him into, "The 5,000 Club".

UmfTkjB.jpg

Over the course of my session I landed in most of the military location but we only encountered a single heli spawn. I held onto my P-1 but eventually ended up with an AKM.

H2ddShv.jpg

wpvbg7N.jpg

vH6zxzL.jpg

We successfully hunted to herds of deer and cooked up all the nutritious meat and lard to warm our bellies.

S3wuHUD.jpg

R51JJuI.jpg

Skinning and quartering is a bit buggy and sometimes logging out and back in again makes one able to actually harvest the meat.

R0PD7RV.jpg

Throughout the day I was able to keep enough ammo the kill most of the infected I encountered but it required some focused looting (both civilian and military locations) and emuthreat's navigation skills certainly make a big difference in that regard.

We played on a high ping/low pop server and never once encountered a player.

We also only found wolves once and that was near the beginning of my play session.

I had a blast today with this patch, it's great to see all the tweaks making a difference in real time.

*Also ordered an official DayZ logo shirt today!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Any solutions to get out under the building?i cant jump or do the "v" animation.there was someone saying that NEVER log out inside the building but if its raining when you log in you better ne inside.

None of the established workarounds for being stuck under a house are working anymore.  I tried everything for a half hour or more, then submitted a ticket and waited a couple days before I killed my 3pp charracter and passed all my gear up through the floor to a couple of other players.  Best just F11
PM me if you want to know how to hand your gear off to other survivors.  Which specific house was it?

I had a pretty long run today with Biohaze and StarvingArt, IMT and Gary ran for a while too, but had to log off before we could meet up with Art. 

A standout new thing from today's session is that FISH ARE NOW YIELDING TWO FILETS AGAIN!  It's about time, BI.  Thank you.

We did have to log out a few separate times to get the skin option on deer to show up.  We killed and ate probably four wolves, 8 deer (two despawned during failed skinning) 3 chickens, and a fish.  It seems like hunger is a little quicker than it used to be, but military sites have more than enough sardines and beans right now.

After I beat-down a chicken with a freshly caught carp (for science),

I proceeded to clean the fish, and was delighted to find two filets in my inventory.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

IMT had a curiously behaving flare that he threw down the hill from the Sverograd train station.

Here it is up top where he threw it from.

Here is one of the same flare occupying two spaces at once.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And this is the destination of the flare, with the same glowing orb present at the top of the hill.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And the weird visual artifacts from the aberrant flare toss also gave him a sparky effect on his left shoe, as if a bit of burning cannon fuse were stuck to his heel.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And I discovered that rocket aviators were contributing heavily to my sogginss, even when worn under a gas mask.

Luckily for me, they wring-out just fine....???

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Ugh, since 0.60 I'm now in 20+ every where and better in towns then in the open. On down side, I can't play on laptop any more. (Maybe I still need to mess with settings). 

• Like 2

Heard the wolves howling and zombies doing zombie things, got scared and locked myself inside a house. Saw a pack of wolves moving down the hill into a town towards me, was quite interesting seeing that also in the dark makes it all extra tense. Ran away once I saw them fighting each other. Can't see it that good due to being night, just imagine the sounds in your head.

jHSVsYm.jpg

Also a thing I've noticed about shadows as you can see here I'm seeing my own shadow only and not the structure I'm climbing as well.

pFGl96s.jpg

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

None of the established workarounds for being stuck under a house are working anymore.  I tried everything for a half hour or more, then submitted a ticket and waited a couple days before I killed my 3pp charracter and passed all my gear up through the floor to a couple of other players.  Best just F11
PM me if you want to know how to hand your gear off to other survivors.  Which specific house was it?

I had a pretty long run today with Biohaze and StarvingArt, IMT and Gary ran for a while too, but had to log off before we could meet up with Art. 

A standout new thing from today's session is that FISH ARE NOW YIELDING TWO FILETS AGAIN!  It's about time, BI.  Thank you.

We did have to log out a few separate times to get the skin option on deer to show up.  We killed and ate probably four wolves, 8 deer (two despawned during failed skinning) 3 chickens, and a fish.  It seems like hunger is a little quicker than it used to be, but military sites have more than enough sardines and beans right now.

Reveal hidden contents

After I beat-down a chicken with a freshly caught carp (for science),

I proceeded to clean the fish, and was delighted to find two filets in my inventory.

IMT had a curiously behaving flare that he threw down the hill from the Sverograd train station.

Reveal hidden contents

Here it is up top where he threw it from.

Here is one of the same flare occupying two spaces at once.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And this is the destination of the flare, with the same glowing orb present at the top of the hill.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And the weird visual artifacts from the aberrant flare toss also gave him a sparky effect on his left shoe, as if a bit of burning cannon fuse were stuck to his heel.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And I discovered that rocket aviators were contributing heavily to my sogginss, even when worn under a gas mask.

Reveal hidden contents

Luckily for me, they wring-out just fine....???

So that's how it looked like. I guess I'm *puts on Emuthreat's Rocket Aviators* lit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Ugh, since 0.60 I'm now in 20+ every where and better in towns then in the open. On down side, I can't play on laptop any more. (Maybe I still need to mess with settings). 

I have a another newer HP laptop I got "free" changing ISPs that hardware wise should be able to at least start the game but I get a hardware/directX/etc. error message.

I tried it a few months ago and you could spawn in but moving was under 10fps the little bit I tried it, I'm a little cheesed because even at under 10fps I could log them both in and check my VOIP etc.     

I forgot to add this pic to the last post.

After IMT threw a flare, his right foot shot sparks and streamed smoke, logging out and back in again fixed it.

Oh Alpha, how we'll miss your quirky idiosyncrasies!

56T0M3n.jpg

• Like 3

UK 1st person server has been crashing more then 4 times in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I forgot to add this pic to the last post.

After IMT threw a flare, his right foot shot sparks and streamed smoke, logging out and back in again fixed it.

Oh Alpha, how we'll miss your quirky idiosyncrasies!

Haha, from your perspective it looks like I'm dripping thermite out of my ass.

• Like 3

every attempt to keep barrels in where i want it to be has failed.five barrels are now dissapeared.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

every attempt to keep barrels in where want it to be has failed.five barrels are now dissapeared.

1. We've had numerous persistence wipes over the course of .61 exp if you're not playing every day that could be it.

2. I read the EXP forums several times a day and recall one person saying persistence works but several saying it doesn't.

3. I heaven't had the chance to try myself because of point 1.