cs_wolf

1st person perspective only (Message to devs)

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Yeah, your completely correct, but dayz wont be the same when it hits beta, most have moved onto other games. Doesn't matter for development either, they got the money its spent, invested so when the game comes out in beta those people will enjoy it.

I haven't played for months until this experimental patch came out and I think a lot of players do this.  This is in Alpha and is still far from a complete game so it's understandable that a lot of people have stopped playing.  I myself will stop playing soon as I've seen what the experimental has to offer and patiently await the next update.  

26 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I haven't played for months until this experimental patch came out and I think a lot of players do this.  This is in Alpha and is still far from a complete game so it's understandable that a lot of people have stopped playing.  I myself will stop playing soon as I've seen what the experimental has to offer and patiently await the next update.  

Like i was saying prior, games are good to explore. I cant wait to see survive the nights, it will be in steam soonish. Dayz will be done when its done.

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Like i was saying prior, games are good to explore. I cant wait to see survive the nights, it will be in steam soonish. Dayz will be done when its done.

The way you're coming across is that people have completely abandoned DayZ for other games.  I don't think that's the case.  

TL:DR

3pp is for casual trash, haha ha ha ha haha.

Seriously though I play in 1pp no mater what server I'm on you can even set it to default in your setting. 

What happened to Deathlove she'd get so wound up about these threads like the suggestion 1pp was better caused her physical pain?

7 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

The way you're coming across is that people have completely abandoned DayZ for other games.  I don't think that's the case.  

You would be surprised.

7 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Just ignore him. What made people abandon the game is listening/reading this kind of people lol

On 17/09/2016 at 0:27 PM, cs_wolf said:

All I see in 3rd person is unbalanced gameplay, something this game (specially a permadeath game) should not have.

My apologies for coming to this conversation late but allow me to give my two cents.

I started competitive FPS gaming with Quake 1 (a 1PP game) in the mid 90's then moved to things like MoH:AA and CoD (again both 1PP). All the time I was seeing console games like Lara Croft et al, being played in 3PP and just thought that not only is it unrealistic it also looks too awkward to properly see things 360'. Fast forward to modern shooters and the 3PP is not really the same viewpoint as before. With mouse look combined with 1PP when shooting it's like a hybrid which encompasses the benefits of both perspectives and when the stakes are so high (ie: death, respawn and lots of bloody looting) using something available to you when it might help it is utterly understandable. So in that sense I don't begrudge 3PP players for using that view mode.

Ultimately I do believe a survival game like this should be 1PP but here is the rub, I am clearly in a minority - quite a small minority at that. Many people enjoy 1PP but not many would only restrict the game to such a view. Locking out 3PP players will reduce the share of the market especially with many similar games on the go (remember when DayZ was literally the only zomvivalist game around?) who are more than willing to expunge the existentialism of the argument and give their audience both viewpoints.

My only real gripe about 3PP is that you can't really have a mixed server. The advantages of 3PP over 1PP are noticeable and understandably so considering 3PP makes the game considerably easier and it's that unbalance that I find most disheartening.

Edited by rickyriot
edited because it's clear I have no ability to splel

15 hours ago, sneakydude said:

...but dayz wont be the same when it hits beta, most have moved onto other games. 

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

You would be surprised.

As much as it saddens me, I agree with sneakydude. The delays and especially the lack of updates (we all know the reasons and I am certainly not going to bitch about it) has set DayZ back quite a bit in the eyes of the public (imo, anyway). If a "normal" development path had been followed I believe the momentum would have been maintained from the hype train days.

That said, while some games come close, not many match the true nature of DayZ - or it's potential. I know what I want from the game, and I hope it can provide that experience, so I am far from giving up on the title. The devs (heh, as if they need me to tell them this!) really need to get a move on though. It's a much harder task to put this top of the pile now than it would have been several years ago.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 6:00 AM, rickyriot said:

As much as it saddens me, I agree with sneakydude. The delays and especially the lack of updates (we all know the reasons and I am certainly not going to bitch about it) has set DayZ back quite a bit in the eyes of the public (imo, anyway). If a "normal" development path had been followed I believe the momentum would have been maintained from the hype train days.

That said, while some games come close, not many match the true nature of DayZ - or it's potential. I know what I want from the game, and I hope it can provide that experience, so I am far from giving up on the title. The devs (heh, as if they need me to tell them this!) really need to get a move on though. It's a much harder task to put this top of the pile now than it would have been several years ago.

I cant count how many 2014 we have left that i remember. I just keep holding on.... and on.. But even my limits come to an end too.

Guys I think that you're moving the thread off-topic. 

If you see no hope on this, why even bother to take your time and wasting it posting here? lol

Aaaaaand back to what this thread should be about, the last experimental update please.

Noticed that they made a good change towards the 1pp immersion: The character sounds are a little bit less noisy than in 3pp, which allows to hear better what's happening around you!