Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

Chernarus Needs Fire Stations

I have recently undertaken a role in Chernarus, that of a firefighter.  

I hadn't really noticed before but Western and Central Chernarus is pretty much devoid of any fire emergency response.  If there had been a fire pre-apocalypse i am afraid homes in Zeleno and Stary would burn to the ground before the brave fire fighters and their buckets and bicycles (there arent any fire trucks anywhere!) would be able to help.  In fact, in the entirety of the Western map only the NWAF has a fire station and that would pretty much have been exclusively for the airport.

For me, i believe there should be, at the very least, additional Fire Stations in Novaya Petrovka, Zeleno and Stary. And the NEAF needs a firestation as well - every airport needs some kind of emergency backup - Aeroflot arent that safe, just look at downtown Cherno!

• Like 6

I hadn't really thought about it, but you're quite right. I wouldn't mind seeing an HQ variant of each emergency building. A police headquarters in, I don't know, Novo - I think there's already a massive hospital or two - and a fire headquarters in Zelenogorsk or something. Each major town should have its own unique building or feature.

On a similar note, it'd be nice if there were more crashed emergency vehicles. Police cars randomly spawn, so why not ambulances and fire engines?

• Like 1

I really want to be able to drive a fire truck around Chernarus.  Add in an option to fill the tank and spray the fire hose about and i will be happy for a long while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DemonGroover said:

I really want to be able to drive a fire truck around Chernarus.  Add in an option to fill the tank and spray the fire hose about and i will be happy for a long while.

haha, would be excellent for keeping hordes of zombies back :)

Fill that water tank with gas and we can have a giant flame thrower and thus a great camp raiding vehicle...

• Like 1

A smaller Fire House design for rural areas would be great!   Fire vehicles, as well.

• Like 1

I hadn't give it much thought recently, but you're absolutely right, DG. We need more fire stations in the West. We've already got much of the requisite equipment, so a vehicle of some sort would be cool as well.

• Like 1

Firetrucks could be used to convey water around from lakes to camps, even if they're thinking about adding 'tanker' mods to trucks.  Attach hose to truck, drop other end in river, flip switch, wait, shoot zombies attracted to the pump noise, wait, use the firehose to blast more zombies attracted by the gun shots, wait more, full!  Trade water for food, wonder if you told them they needed to boil it or not, get shot by angry sick players.

• Like 1

The whole copy-paste feeling of Chernarus is what really throws me out of the experience. Even a little bit of variety - such as re-skinning certain vehicles/buildings and/or interior decorations would go a long way to breaking up that monotony. This need for variety applies even more so to unique buildings like the fire and police stations. Re-skinning these buildings won't be enough. Considering their strategic value (for people to obtain weapons and vehicles) They'd make good candidates for "destructive passes"...and/or the large empty garage is a great place to spawn fire-trucks.

2 hours ago, MrAerospace said:

The whole copy-paste feeling of Chernarus is what really throws me out of the experience. Even a little bit of variety - such as re-skinning certain vehicles/buildings and/or interior decorations would go a long way to breaking up that monotony. This need for variety applies even more so to unique buildings like the fire and police stations. Re-skinning these buildings won't be enough. Considering their strategic value (for people to obtain weapons and vehicles) They'd make good candidates for "destructive passes"...and/or the large empty garage is a great place to spawn fire-trucks.

I'm okay with the buildings. In a small region, buildings are going to look the same. Where I live, the buildings in one village look pretty much the same as the buildings in the next village - so that makes sense. Having said that, as you say, colour variations on houses would be nice, even if they're exactly the same model. However, the interiors should be unique. It'd be much better (though perhaps not feasible) if all buildings were completely blank on the inside by default, and all the furniture and decorations were placed manually by the level designers, making all the buildings unique, at least on the inside.

On 20/07/2016 at 2:09 AM, BeefBacon said:

I'm okay with the buildings. In a small region, buildings are going to look the same. Where I live, the buildings in one village look pretty much the same as the buildings in the next village - so that makes sense. Having said that, as you say, colour variations on houses would be nice, even if they're exactly the same model. However, the interiors should be unique. It'd be much better (though perhaps not feasible) if all buildings were completely blank on the inside by default, and all the furniture and decorations were placed manually by the level designers, making all the buildings unique, at least on the inside.

No, it's certainly not feasible, but that sort of thing is exactly within the realms of procedurally generated design...here's to hoping the dev's get to that level one day.

Full fire suit, no issues with cold or hot. LOL or even wet.

WIP? or working as intended.