SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

50 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Nice first post :)

Read the last 12 pages and look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis if you want some sympathy.

*edit* The new boards are kind of growing on me, my profile pic is bigger really shows the right look to go with my shitty passive-aggressive comments. 

You're in rare form today ... don't hold back, now!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, diddles-mc-muffin said:

Hey I have two error messages that come up when I launch Dayz rendering it unplayable.

The first says:

Engine error

ERROR: Device error: Can't set resolution

The second one says:

Dayz: Dayz.exe-Application Error

The instruction at 0x0000000000DC9446 referenced memory at

0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Read post #1 for bug reporting instructions.

23 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Was finally able to fix the memory leaks from yesterday by manually getting a single .msi file from DirectX 11 for Windows 7. 

Glad to hear you were able to get in. I read some other accounts of memory leak problems and I had a memory exception, when shutting down the game. Please elaborate on how you fixed your issue. It may help others.

I am still playing and there is a massive FPS increase! But the network performance has decreased significally if you compare it to how the Stable branch is at the moment. Perhaps this is because of the 10 extra players but combat against infected or other players is not done. They fly over the place and unless they and you stand perfectly still, you almost can't hit them.

But overall it's a great patch!

Edit: for those people who asked for rain, it's raining constantly in my server (no idea which one).

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Such a grand waste of my time ... Dayz next time , alert the forums before you drop a BS patch like this , I'm sure you told the 1,935,649,000 streamers about it before your own forums ... See you next week dayz , maybe then i can get a spot and not crash  ! 

Rlx, they're saying experimental is to test things.... Maybe in 2047 our grandsons will be able to play.

25 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

This should serve to crash the servers sooner, so that the devs can get more/better data.

The servers seem to be a bit flaky, but when they are good, they're damn good!

Oh boy the irony, lol - it feels like the servers are from the late 90`s. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

I am still playing and there is a massive FPS increase! But the network performance has decreased significally if you compare it to how the Stable branch is at the moment. Perhaps this is because of the 10 extra players but combat against infected or other players is not done. They fly over the place and unless they and you stand perfectly still, you almost can't hit them.

Edit: for those people who asked for rain, it's raining constantly in my server (no idea which one).

I was on the southeast 0-2 server and it was constantly raining on there as well.

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

From my experience last night and again early this morning, the servers have been very responsive, even with relatively high pings. Eventually, though severe rubber banding sets in. It's obvious that the server is in distress, because it becomes difficult to pick up objects, or open doors. In each case, a couple of minutes later, the server crashed. So, when the rubber banding sets in, I do my best to find a spawn point with which I will be comfortable.

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I was on the southeast 0-2 server and it was constantly raining on there as well.

I saw quite a lot of thunder and lightning, but I didn't get rained on ... yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Oh boy the irony, lol - it feels like the servers are from the late 90`s. 

Sorry, I don't get the joke. Would you prefer to limit the servers to 25 slots, so that they are not stressed and the bugs remain undiscovered and unresolved?

0.60 contains a great deal of new code and while the devs do some internal testing, it's not possible for them to simulate 1100 players simultaneously beating on the servers. I've met some damn good code jockeys, but I never met one who wrote perfect, divinely inspired code. Bugs are to be expected. Better that we find them in alpha so that they can be addressed, than wait until release (I'm lookin' at you Ubisoft!!!).

29 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Glad to hear you were able to get in. I read some other accounts of memory leak problems and I had a memory exception, when shutting down the game. Please elaborate on how you fixed your issue. It may help others.

I already posted the steps I took in the "bug report thread" in the main "memory leak" thread.  ;)

• Like 1

Finally the UMSC jackets are in! ;) And the crash site I found had 3 FALs and a UMP...   :/

s5gx0i.jpg

1el2tt.jpg

10x94yo.jpg

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 3

Really excited with this patch, been waiting for .60 to return to the game.

That being said its pretty disappointing having to spend hours in the browser just to get "connection failed". Obviously server issues are to be expected with a big release but they must have known how many people who return to test it. Could have at least implemented a queuing system so if you have waited for quite a while you will eventually get in.

It also seems that streamers seem to reconnect so easily when a server goes down. Are they playing on private servers or have private slots or am I imagining it?

Edited by Puppetmaster
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Finally the UMSC jackets are in! ;) And the crash site I found had 3 FALs and a UMP...   :/

Hidden Content

Am I the only one who can't view attachments? I can see the *.jpg files, but I can not view them. Just wondering if it's my browser, or this forum.

Just now, BleedoutBill said:

Am I the only one who can't view attachments? I can see the *.jpg files, but I can not view them. Just wondering if it's my browser, or this forum.

I don't have any problems viewing any pictures attached...  

Can you see others'? Like, all the pictures only shows you the links and not the picture itself?

2 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

I've been able to see them without any problems. I'm using chrome and haven't had trouble seeing them with firefox either.

Just now, odin_lowe said:

I don't have any problems viewing any pictures attached...  

Can you see others'? Like, all the pictures only shows you the links and not the picture itself?

It's the pics which are attached as a spoiler, that I'm having trouble with. The rest I can see.

ok, finally in-game 0.60 for some testing, and a good tip

I won`t write a guide, but for general FPS improvement with performance on your graphic card (GPU) - Disable V-sync and shadows and u will notice a +60 fps gain, but it depends on your card, of course. I`ve a Ge-force card and when I look at the sky - I`ve 200+ fps - and average 130 fps in-game on high setting.

Alpha to Coverage is stil bugy - I really recommend to turn that off - the trees with glow blue - graphic (bug).

(updated) It`s not a huge fps difference with or without shadows by the way - it`s raining on my server though and it`s dark. :)

A brief session story

- Started near Green Mountains so I ran towards the NW Airfield. And I got sniped at sniper Hill near Vybor - I was hit in the leg, but noticed it was not broken even though it said fractured (lucky for me) - I ran south bleeding for about 5 min. to get some distance and went far south east near Vyshnoe which I found a Heli crash site. And I saw a Fal without scope + an UMP with ammo, so it was an easy decision - I took the UMP and met another player near the woods there. I said to him that I had an UMP with ammo - a rare friendly encounter and I kept running towards the coast still alive! :)

2u9naz5.jpg

A minor bug report 

- Fractured leg won`t slow you down at the moment (The leg injury was successfully mended with a wooden splint though after I was hit.)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vojta231Cze said:

Why, why :(
HeRV3.jpg

You need to spam it like crazy... Placed my cursor at the right spot, so I only had to press "enter" and finally got in after about 10 mins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

It's the pics which are attached as a spoiler, that I'm having trouble with. The rest I can see.

Last time I checked, BoneBoys was very strict that we used the spoilers...

I'll remove them for now, but if I get warned, I'll put them back on. Enjoy! 

(Can't wait to get together with the rest of Exp crew! :D  )

• Like 5