Sign in to follow this  
ZombieEvolution

Where do i find .308 rounds!?!

So I have found my Winchester and hunting scope and i cant seem to find any of the .308 rounds..

Where do i find them I am located up in the north west area of the map and need to find ammo before i get killed again!

PS. I have googled it and looked in places that people are saying but that is outdated information, anyone got some fresh info?

Edited by ZombieEvolution

I often find them in civilian houses. Either in boxes, or as a stack of lose rounds. They're pretty easy to find at crash sites too. You can empty the FN Fal mags to get 20 rounds, at smoking UH-1Y Venom heli crash sites, or the rounds at Mi-8 crash sites. You can also find .308 at deer stands and feeding shacks. Oh, and in industrial spawns, and train cars. 

Hmm, almost everywhere. They are pretty easy to find honestly.

• Like 4

.308 is spawning but it seems to be very rare right now.  I found some today, just in a random house, it was either in Tisy or in Stary Yar. 

• Like 2

server hop a city with cars in it, you'll eventually find some. i'd say if you were on the coast, berezino is a nice place for that. it's always been nice to me for 308

6 minutes ago, Sandman94 said:

server hop a city with cars in it, you'll eventually find some. i'd say if you were on the coast, berezino is a nice place for that. it's always been nice to me for 308

No. Don't server hop. It's DayZ's cancer. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Rags! said:

No. Don't server hop. It's DayZ's cancer. 

Knew I was going to get a response to that. Anyways, if not server hopping, you have several hours of running to look forward to. :)

19 minutes ago, Sandman94 said:

Knew I was going to get a response to that. Anyways, if not server hopping, you have several hours of running to look forward to. :)

Or you could find them in the next place that you look.  Never know if you go hoppin' around without checking everything.  Server hopping is sooooo .55.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sandman94 said:

server hop a city with cars in it

You seriously give this as an advice? Please...

If you can't find the bullets, then you can't fire the gun. Deal with it, but please don't server hop.

Edited by Toxmose
  • Like 1

You're a survivor - so looking for 308 rounds gives you something to do for the day

Take a couple of wire loops to make snares or a cord to make a fishing pole, or a stone knife to open a can
plus a burner for a gas canister and a cooking pot (you can keep gear in the pot and water too, so it takes no space) an axe - and now your life is easy.

Pick up a Butane canister on the way (there are plenty) and matches (easy option) make a couple of fishhooks from your first kill (that can be rabbit) make a backpack from your first animal skin, or a courier bag from a burlap sack while you're moving. Do the fire-drill thing if you want to be real backwoods (but the finding a gas canister and matches on the way is the easy option).  

Look at the DayZ (dayzdb.com) map to see if you can spot any place at all you CANT find .308 rounds !

I always travel with just one inventory space for those rounds - you never need more -  about 15-20 rounds will last you for a week. If I have more than half a box I stash the rest.
Remember a Winchester is a hunting/sniping rifle, not a machine gun - also it hits hard.

Starting up I carry a Mauser (Red 9) until I pick up a Winchester, because the Red 9 is easy to find too (houses) and doesn't need a magazine (very cool) and 9mm is not hard to find either.
For any ammo type you have to look a little carefully.. in corners, under chairs, on top of fridges, or spot those small unboxed rounds .. you can miss them if you don't pay a little attention.

If you hop, you've got much LESS chance of finding those .308  rounds.

Now - If you'd asked me how to get your hands on a Fire Axe.. that would be more difficult.

xx

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 4

the point of dayz is 'telling your story' if you don't have the patience to even collect certain things like 308's.. and resort to server hopping... then dayZ is clearly NOT the game for you... there's this game called CS:GO pick your load out and fire away... but don't screw over the other players, that actually put in work to finding their stuff by just being a loot whore snatching every 308 on all the servers so you can have a camp with 20 tents filled with ammo and 308 rnds.

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

but don't screw over the other players, that actually put in work to finding their stuff by just being a loot whore snatching every 308 on all the servers so you can have a camp with 20 tents filled with ammo and 308 rnds.

You know, tents and barrels are still actually located on servers, and always vulnerable to raids.  Same thing with vehicles.  I had someone on my home server yesterday accuse me of hoarding vehicles, because I go and collect them, and leave them scattered around the map in ready-to-drive condition.  This makes no sense to me.  Actually, by hoarding up the server's valuable resources, I am in a way, forcing peaceful interactions.  I am perfectly willing to share, one only has to ask.

On a side note. @SirBossForDaWin is a reprobate.  I met-up with him in game, and showed him to one of my "helperstations" for a quick gear-up, taught him how to fish, hunt, make fire, and get his own tents.  Being a 13 year old goober, he decided to lie about me to another person he had recently met, and they went and robbed my base while pretending to follow someone else on the server to keep me distracted; it worked, I just thought that they had really shitty navigation skills.  Long story short, the other guy turned out to be okay, and feeling guilty after hearing me encourage them to take anything they wanted, had a change of heart, returned the rarest weapons, and helped me set-up "sir dunce" for a dual humiliation.

Hoarding is a viable playstyle.  It just means that players with itchy trigger fingers will have much less chance of getting hold of anything exceedingly deadly.  Show a new acquaintance more top-tier loot than they have ever seen before, and they will show you their true colors in short-order.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

They can be found all around the NWAF. people will give them to you and you dont even have to ask. Be advised you may get them one at a time and they'll be coming at a pretty quick pace but rest assured you'll have all you can handle in no time. Dont forget to thank your contributors. ;)

• Like 1

I must say, I found a lot more .308 when I was up in the northern part of the map. Now I am Westbound (and up) and the only .308 is in the FAL mag I found. It lasts a lot longer in the Winchester. I haven't fired a shot of it yet ^^

But yeah, the new great spot for ammo are train cars. Also the trains have some spawn points mostly at the front. Surprisingly often that I found AKM ammo or other good stuff at a train. I wonder if that changed, or if I just didn't check often enough before. Anyway, soon the guns have attachments - or a chance for them. And we'll see partially loaded rifles and scoped ones and other beautiful things. I actually think this is a great move, because which idiot has his gun lying around somewhere and keeps the ammo in a village near a pond at the end of the world ;)  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

You know, tents and barrels are still actually located on servers, and always vulnerable to raids.  Same thing with vehicles.  I had someone on my home server yesterday accuse me of hoarding vehicles, because I go and collect them, and leave them scattered around the map in ready-to-drive condition.  This makes no sense to me.  Actually, by hoarding up the server's valuable resources, I am in a way, forcing peaceful interactions.  I am perfectly willing to share, one only has to ask.

On a side note. @SirBossForDaWin is a reprobate.  I met-up with him in game, and showed him to one of my "helperstations" for a quick gear-up, taught him how to fish, hunt, make fire, and get his own tents.  Being a 13 year old goober, he decided to lie about me to another person he had recently met, and they went and robbed my base while pretending to follow someone else on the server to keep me distracted; it worked, I just thought that they had really shitty navigation skills.  Long story short, the other guy turned out to be okay, and feeling guilty after hearing me encourage them to take anything they wanted, had a change of heart, returned the rarest weapons, and helped me set-up "sir dunce" for a dual humiliation.

Hoarding is a viable playstyle.  It just means that players with itchy trigger fingers will have much less chance of getting hold of anything exceedingly deadly.  Show a new acquaintance more top-tier loot than they have ever seen before, and they will show you their true colors in short-order.

'Hoarding is a viable playstyle.  It just means that players with itchy trigger fingers will have much less chance of getting hold of anything exceedingly deadly.  Show a new acquaintance more top-tier loot than they have ever seen before, and they will show you their true colors in short-order.' who says you don't do the same thing.. these are very slippery slope things to say.. do you follow twd at all? negan? maybe rings a bell.. he's the badass atm... he hordes everything for control...

'so people with itchy trigger fingers will have much less chance of getting hold of anything exceedingly deadly.'

the hoarders having all the gear.. doesn't make for peaceful solutions... just in their own mind cause 'they have control' that's not how the world works.. not the gameworld NOR the real world...
claiming a resource for yourself (no matter what it is) to create so called 'peace' is just narrowminded/evil way of thinking.. manipulative..

'I'll just save keep all these cars/guns on the server so IF you need anything.. you can get on your knees and beg for them.. MAAAAAYBE if I like you.. you'll get that AK74. with acog scope etc. etc.'
^ classic example of a tyranny 

but going back on topic...

you probably missred my entire post (its ok.. more people tend to do that, drawing their own conclusions)

all I was actually saying.. was for the guy that SERVER HOPS.. to find .308 cause he's to fking lazy to actually PLAY the game and walk/drive around through towns... exposing himself to danger as he does so..
that's the problem with 'public' servers.. you just hop military bases (of empty servers ofc!) loot the place... go back to your own car.. stuff the guns/ammo inside.. rinse and repeat... 
yes that's a playstyle as well but one that is very much hated (by people like myself) that go play on a public server.. once in a while.. only to find NO gear what so ever because loot whores have totally stripped the military bases through server hopping..

HOARDING is OK... AS LONG as you do it ON your current server... because like you said: if they find my camp.. and loot it.. tough luck... shit happens... 
but that was NOT what I was talking about.. I was talking about SERVER HOPPERS that loot whore 'because they need 20.000 rounds of ammo.. 4 SVD's/5 FN FALS etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

10 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I must say, I found a lot more .308 when I was up in the northern part of the map. Now I am Westbound (and up) and the only .308 is in the FAL mag I found. It lasts a lot longer in the Winchester. I haven't fired a shot of it yet ^^

But yeah, the new great spot for ammo are train cars. Also the trains have some spawn points mostly at the front. Surprisingly often that I found AKM ammo or other good stuff at a train. I wonder if that changed, or if I just didn't check often enough before. Anyway, soon the guns have attachments - or a chance for them. And we'll see partially loaded rifles and scoped ones and other beautiful things. I actually think this is a great move, because which idiot has his gun lying around somewhere and keeps the ammo in a village near a pond at the end of the world ;)  

also... having guns that are partially loaded IS realistic.. these 'infected' are actual people.. that tried to fend off the decease. so he fires 10 shots gets bitten.. turns.. leaves the gun.. ammo/clip.scrope attached.. so you'll find actual guns with ammo in them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

also... having guns that are partially loaded IS realistic.. these 'infected' are actual people.. that tried to fend off the decease. so he fires 10 shots gets bitten.. turns.. leaves the gun.. ammo/clip.scrope attached.. so you'll find actual guns with ammo in them.

Which now in terms makes me wonder, if we will see infected that are still carrying their guns/rifles. Imagine how funny it would be, if you have maybe just an axe, but there is a military zombie, who drags an M4 around with him; maybe the belt wrapped around his ankle. He'd probably not be able to shoot his gun, but you'd still have to kill him silently and get to the weapon. It's almost like infected can become a kind of puzzle element. Maybe you can separate them by aggroing only them with a silenced weapon. Maybe you can lure other infected in the area away to get to the ones you want. I really can't wait until that becomes a factor, and I do hope the infected will occasionally carry weapons, too. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Which now in terms makes me wonder, if we will see infected that are still carrying their guns/rifles. Imagine how funny it would be, if you have maybe just an axe, but there is a military zombie, who drags an M4 around with him; maybe the belt wrapped around his ankle. He'd probably not be able to shoot his gun, but you'd still have to kill him silently and get to the weapon. It's almost like infected can become a kind of puzzle element. Maybe you can separate them by aggroing only them with a silenced weapon. Maybe you can lure other infected in the area away to get to the ones you want. I really can't wait until that becomes a factor, and I do hope the infected will occasionally carry weapons, too. 

that would certainly be a good thing.. since we're actually in a place very close to russia (there are like 3 AK's for every person in russia) so the infected carrying 'standard' weapons like AK's or small caliber pistols.. should also make players less 'loot horny' when they spot a fully geared player.. to stick m up for his AK/AKM since.. yeah! that's what everyone wants right an AKM with 20.000 rounds they will never be able to stash.. or carry (I hate loot hoarders for that reason among others) 

if infected carry guns or ammo on them.. it would be logic (like the mod) to kill them.. or civilians that carry a can of pipsi or baked beans. (like they did in the mod)
and i'm not saying they should always carry stuff.. but a 10% drop chance or something... why? because then you're creating a whole new chapter/occupation in the game.. 'zombie hunters' that kill zombies for the food/ammo so they can trade it for med supplies or something..actually creating 'trade-economy' in dayz again.

Edited by Tigermonk

19 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

'
the hoarders having all the gear.. doesn't make for peaceful solutions... just in their own mind cause 'they have control' that's not how the world works.. not the gameworld NOR the real world...
claiming a resource for yourself (no matter what it is) to create so called 'peace' is just narrowminded/evil way of thinking.. manipulative..

'I'll just save keep all these cars/guns on the server so IF you need anything.. you can get on your knees and beg for them.. MAAAAAYBE if I like you.. you'll get that AK74. with acog scope etc. etc.'
^ classic example of a tyranny 

but going back on topic...
you probably missred my entire post (its ok.. more people tend to do that, drawing their own conclusions)

all I was actually saying.. was for the guy that SERVER HOPS.. to find .308 cause he's to fking lazy to actually PLAY the game and walk/drive around through towns... exposing himself to danger as he does so..
that's the problem with 'public' servers.. you just hop military bases (of empty servers ofc!) loot the place... go back to your own car.. stuff the guns/ammo inside.. rinse and repeat... 
yes that's a playstyle as well but one that is very much hated (by people like myself) that go play on a public server.. once in a while.. only to find NO gear what so ever because loot whores have totally stripped the military bases through server hopping..

HOARDING is OK... AS LONG as you do it ON your current server... because like you said: if they find my camp.. and loot it.. tough luck... shit happens... 
but that was NOT what I was talking about.. I was talking about SERVER HOPPERS that loot whore 'because they need 20.000 rounds of ammo.. 4 SVD's/5 FN FALS etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'm not sure if you play on public, or have recently, but people looting guns on a public server doesn't effect the numbers that will continue to spawn on that server.  CLE was supposed to fix that type of thing.  Server hopping is just stupid.  People server hop on my home server looking for easy helicrashes at the airfield, while I am zipping around in a hatchback, collecting all the goodies for honest players.  And no matter how many times I do it, there is always more to be found.  When the helis and tents stop dropping the stuff I'm looking for, I just start hunting for the tents that it must all be stored in.

I like to think of my playstyle as more of a freelance quartermaster; not a tyrant.  Did you miss that bit about me taking a rando to my base, and offering him to take anything that he could carry?  You know, the one who lied about my character and intentions to another player, and proceeded to rip me off.  Once his accomplice actually met me, he had a change of heart, and helped me track down the thief to give him justice.  So in effect, my stockpiles of top-tier loot are sitting there waiting to be dispersed to people who aren't assholes; and I do share quite a bit of it with many people from different groups and of varying playstyles.  Sure I might ask for something in return, but that's perfectly fine; nothing is free.  Usually I'll ask someone for help cooking, or to carry a tire or two to assist in recovering a vehicle.  If someone is particularly helpful, sometimes I'll flat-out give them a car.  I might be trying to organize and supply a loose militia, but conscripts they ain't...

I'm currently using my material advantage on my home server to negotiate a trade with a group, which I honestly expect to try and double-cross us.  I asked for two barrels full of cooked meat, in exchange for a sedan--they are offering fish.  Sounds about fair to me, what do you think?  Am I a tyrant for asking for something of value in return for one of the cars that I personally scouted, assembled, and recovered?

You can't server hop for cars.  I actually have plenty of .308 rounds to trade to people who don't dupe, hop, or otherwise game the system; and if someone helps me out a bit, I'll be more than happy to just give them whatever they have been looking for.  It's all goin' to disappear someday, anyhow.

For what it's worth, when the game goes 1.0, my goal is to establish a mulit-server, public-hive, vehicle recovery service.  And that will require the skills of organized vehicle and loot collection, warehousing, and distribution; so all of this giving warlord stuff is just occupational training as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not sure if you play on public, or have recently, but people looting guns on a public server doesn't effect the numbers that will continue to spawn on that server.  CLE was supposed to fix that type of thing.  Server hopping is just stupid.  People server hop on my home server looking for easy helicrashes at the airfield, while I am zipping around in a hatchback, collecting all the goodies for honest players.  And no matter how many times I do it, there is always more to be found.  When the helis and tents stop dropping the stuff I'm looking for, I just start hunting for the tents that it must all be stored in.

I like to think of my playstyle as more of a freelance quartermaster; not a tyrant.  Did you miss that bit about me taking a rando to my base, and offering him to take anything that he could carry?  You know, the one who lied about my character and intentions to another player, and proceeded to rip me off.  Once his accomplice actually met me, he had a change of heart, and helped me track down the thief to give him justice.  So in effect, my stockpiles of top-tier loot are sitting there waiting to be dispersed to people who aren't assholes; and I do share quite a bit of it with many people from different groups and of varying playstyles.  Sure I might ask for something in return, but that's perfectly fine; nothing is free.  Usually I'll ask someone for help cooking, or to carry a tire or two to assist in recovering a vehicle.  If someone is particularly helpful, sometimes I'll flat-out give them a car.  I might be trying to organize and supply a loose militia, but conscripts they ain't...

I'm currently using my material advantage on my home server to negotiate a trade with a group, which I honestly expect to try and double-cross us.  I asked for two barrels full of cooked meat, in exchange for a sedan--they are offering fish.  Sounds about fair to me, what do you think?  Am I a tyrant for asking for something of value in return for one of the cars that I personally scouted, assembled, and recovered?

You can't server hop for cars.  I actually have plenty of .308 rounds to trade to people who don't dupe, hop, or otherwise game the system; and if someone helps me out a bit, I'll be more than happy to just give them whatever they have been looking for.  It's all goin' to disappear someday, anyhow.

For what it's worth, when the game goes 1.0, my goal is to establish a mulit-server, public-hive, vehicle recovery service.  And that will require the skills of organized vehicle and loot collection, warehousing, and distribution; so all of this giving warlord stuff is just occupational training as far as I'm concerned.

gamemaster/freelance quartermaster/tyrant... it's all the same YOU are controlling what they're getting.. YOU set the 'standard' for the fact people get anything or not... 
it doesn't matter if you 'give free hatchbacks or not' you're hoarding the shit out of everything... ;) that's my point.

and this 'so called CLE... what a joke.. half the time I can't find stuff in servers (I play on private servers mostly) because all the experiences I've had on public are KoS so that's in no way realistic.. all that did for me was distrust people even more.. every single time.. being ripped off isn't my problem... being robbed isn't my problem.. just seeing people and getting shot to shit without interaction is my problem. 

since that was the only interaction I got mostly on public.. stopped playing on public from patch 0.45 and up, cause I got tired of the CALL OF dayZ 12 yo douchnoobs that are loot horny.. 

Edited by Tigermonk

"stopped playing on public from patch 0.45 and up, cause I got tired of the CALL OF dayZ 12 yo douchnoobs that are loot horny.. "

@Tigermonk Like you used to say: "go cry to your mommy!"  :)

1 hour ago, Tigermonk said:

Dude, I don't know how to explain it any more clearly.  I play towards having survivable player interactions, not KOS.  I'd say I've done okay, albeit through some metagaming such as using recruitment threads to meet new people.  I'll add people, I'll talk to people, and I'll meet people; sometimes I meet people in random servers and we play together for a while--one time I even shotgunned a guys legs and negotiated a truce, gave him a splint, new shoes, and pants; and we then proceeded to loot the airfield together.  On hi-pop public servers, KOS is the law of the land.  If it's not a hi-pop PVP server, I'll try to talk to them...   

I play on public, 3pp even, because many times it takes too long trying to log into good private servers, and the whole 1pp no-pop problem.  Another good thing about public hive, is that I can meet these new people on different servers and invite them back to my home server only once they have demonstrated that they are not a complete douche.  This usually involves running around and looting, talking, and general survival activities.  When I go looking for trouble, it is more important to me that we survive, than to kill every person I see.  I'm not a KOS player, and hoarding is a big part of that lifestyle; I actually hoard to make my information more important than my life.  You would be surprised by the number of people who are willing to live-and-let-live simply on a proclamation of identifying yourself clearly, and giving your word.  Hoarding is an extension of trust, beyond carelessly giving your life on a chance or a whim.  If someone kills me at my camp, there is a 90% chance that I'll be able to return there in 20 minutes, If I keep my valuables at the bottom of large tents, people will have to spend time to look through them all, decide what they want, and then figure out how to steal it all. Even server hopping will waste precious time.  This doesn't count other known, but not yet vetted people on the server who might be online, from whom I could request assistance in return for a share of goods.  All of these things add up to a reasonable certainty that my time investment in maintaining these camps, can be reliably leveraged towards establishing mutual trust with new survivors, with known and controllable risks.  I'm actively putting myself out there, offering logistical support to parties that can prove themselves trustworthy.  If you know of a more fulfilling goal for establishing non-hostile player interaction in DayZ, I'd be quite open to hearing about it.

I'm not sure what type of experience you are looking for, but I kinda like playing the long game on a pretty mellow public server.  It would be great to see the population go up a bit, and you are perfectly welcome to set up camp.  hell, I'll even help you run tents down to a staging area from which you can then conceal your activities.  If you quit being a douche about hoarding, I can even show you how to recover a fresh vehicle or two, in record time, through deductive reasoning; and I'll let you keep what we find!!  I promise, if I find something on this server that is clearly not mine, I will absolutely leave a note; even to the point of spending two hours looking for a pen, and coming back to take things.  Always.

208.167.250.211:2302  <<  = THE HELPY HELPERS: FOR MERCY OR MAYHEM  >>    You sound like you want friendly interactions, this is a good place for that.  Just remember, you get what you give.  Do you need mercy, or mayhem?

@ZombieEvolution:  Give me a precise set of coordinates on Izurvive, formatted as such--xxx.xx/xxx.xx, and I will drop you a protector case with some .308 rounds, and anything else you want that will fit--even type O- blood.  Make sure to PM the response, for security reasons.

what are you guys fighting about? its a dead patch... play it the way you want.   Think about it............

You cant win an argument with 2 different views on a forum... and whatever happens after this patch should change the way things are done.

The only reason your posting on these forums is to argue now. .60 has been one of the most grueling patches we have seen.

@sneakydude There might be new players that post just to get info. The initiator of this thread wanted to know where to get .308's. Yes there will always be ppl arguing and yes this is a dead patch.

Exactly tickles.

The 308 rounds can be found randomly in smaller houses. It has a smaller % of spawning at this time. Most small towns, you need to search through from the north to the south. Eventually you will have enough stash built up.

Honestly? i stopped playing .59 many many weeks ago. Its fun to play for only so long. If i wanted to just KOS all day, i wouldn't have enough ammo to last 1hours, let alone kill prey with it. So the 308 rounds, dont spend them too fast.