Sign in to follow this  
Exiled_Soul

RP survivalists

hey fellow survivors. who else like to play the rp survival role? minimal items living off nature adventuring hunting etc? recently ive gotten more into doing this and it really is quite enjoyable. curious to see who else enjoys this.

• Like 1

this all depends on what server you're playing on... public? no thnx.. to much KoS so you can't hunt for jack.. fire draws in people... etc.

but doing this on a private server/RP server? sure I'd be up for that if the new update hits stable. ;) better fps and all.

• Like 1

i have my own private server i play on with some friends we are going to be starting rp soon.

Many long time players and experienced testers/experimental branch players like to run with minimalist gear or subsist on hunting alone.

The mountain man/hermit playstyle is being specifically looked at by the devs and more features are in the works that will support this way of playing in the future as well.

• Like 2

yeah. i really enjoy it i hope they add something to enhance the play style more. perhaps predator animals to make the woods less safe.

I want to be able to proudly display my fox pelts draped over my back like a badass post-apocalyptic warlord king.  Right now the pelts feel so useless.  The best I can do now is carry them to Elektro or Cherno for PVP action, and hope that whoever loots my body will get a good smile from seeing the pelt taking up valuable ammo space...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Soul said:

yeah. i really enjoy it i hope they add something to enhance the play style more. perhaps predator animals to make the woods less safe.

Sounds like you could catch up on some reading....

Wolves and bears are confirmed.

• Like 1

in an rp world it would be cool to play where lets say novo is a no pvp zone. so collectors go there to trade goods. maybe you want to make some leather clothing for people? or a backpack? stuff like that would be really cool i think. go to town only to trade for things you need. 

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Sounds like you could catch up on some reading....

Wolves and bears are confirmed.

Just when I think i'm safe in my wilderness tent eating pumpkins, deer and carp, you drop this on me! lol. Well at the rate of development I shouldn't have to worry about that for a couple years...

To answer OP, yes I love the lone survivalist playstyle. I only wander down to cities to drop off care packages of poisoned food and water X-D

Edited by chris12138

I play a lot on a private hive called the DayZ Colony, that have 3 different servers, one for everyone/every style, one for RP (Colony US-2) and one for PvE, and I have to say that I really enjoy it there!! Been playing on the Colony servers since they were opened more than a year ago.

Also, there's the DayZ /r/Underground 1PP private server that has a lot of RP, but no matter where you go, there's always a chance to encounter soldier/killer role players... ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Also, there's the DayZ /r/Underground 1PP private server that has a lot of RP, but no matter where you go, there's always a chance to encounter soldier/killer role players... ;) 

Always hurts me when I hear about people who can't come up with something more creative than soldier/ killer "roleplay". Those folks don't seem to get what RP is about (there may be exceptions, but in most cases that's a simple excuse for killing on sight).

Edited by ultimoses
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I want to be able to proudly display my fox pelts draped over my back like a badass post-apocalyptic warlord king.  Right now the pelts feel so useless.  The best I can do now is carry them to Elektro or Cherno for PVP action, and hope that whoever loots my body will get a good smile from seeing the pelt taking up valuable ammo space...

Could make a passable Davy Crockett hat with those ?

with my 1pp character I've done kind of a 'naked and afraid' thing.  on spawning, I immediately drop everything - pants, shoes, everything.  and the only tools and clothes and packs I can use are ones I craft.  it's really hard but interesting.

[edit]  oh, and no canned or 'storebought' food or drinks.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Could make a passable Davy Crockett hat with those ?

I know y'all got Waschbär in Europe, brought to Germany in the 20th century, and they've been a scourge ever since.  But I guess, in a pinch, a fox hat would have to do.

5 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

with my 1pp character I've done kind of a 'naked and afraid' thing.  on spawning, I immediately drop everything - pants, shoes, everything.  and the only tools and clothes and packs I can use are ones I craft.  it's really hard but interesting.

[edit]  oh, and no canned or 'storebought' food or drinks.

Beans.

I had the Naked and Afraid in Vybor bug only one time but I did enjoy the challenge as well.

• Like 1

My RP character is ... well, he is special.

I cannot feed or take care of myself in any way. I must get others to feed me, and give me things I need. 

On a side note: people can be cruel. 

:P

• Like 4

It ain't roleplay unless you use walk only. Of course you can jog or run when it's actually your last choice like in real life. Nobody runs if you don't need to.

Anyone know streamer that plays DayZ that way? I once found a streamer that did this with her friend but forgot to follow :( It was the only DayZ stream where I've spent more than 10mins.