Ironhuge

About the new .60 performance comparison

I'm just looking forward to the day that I can get above 5 FPS in cities. I listen to people complain on only having 20-30 fps, and I would kill for those frames.

• Like 1

The colors at night looked great, to me that's a major upgrade in an of itself.

Also of note, in the map that shows the FPS trouble spots ... way out in the far northwest there seems to be a lot going on.

I wonder what could causing all of the trouble out there?   I suspect it's more than just birch trees and bushes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WilliamTheConqueror said:

I'm just looking forward to the day that I can get above 5 FPS in cities. I listen to people complain on only having 20-30 fps, and I would kill for those frames.

if your getting 5fps then you need to fix something with your computer. Either upgrade it or look at getting some computer assistance from someone who knows how to tweak your system.

6 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Then you've never listened to me.

Lets keep the topic about DayZ, and not trying to "read between the lines" on the tone of my voice.
Its just plain silly.

Looks really good Brian. Keep up the good work, i am sure everything should start to fit in place nicely.

I did not find anything wrong with the video, explaining the comparison. I think people expect you to stand on your tip toes and make a u tube stream video like a teenager.

Thanks for bringing this to the community it shows us the improvements to expect and more soon enough.

31 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I wonder what could causing all of the trouble out there?   I suspect it's more than just birch trees and bushes.

Lawn gnomes

ITS ALWAYS BEEN THOSE GOD DAMNED LAWN GNOMES!!!! >:(

Gnomes+Getty+Images+002.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Killawife said:

The renderer renders the textures so they will most likely be updated. Its not a small task though. Its also likely not a priority becasue AS THEY HAVE SAID they are working on the player controller next, which is what will get away from the clunkiness of the game. Doesnt people read the status reports before posting? They talked about that in the last one and the one before. I personally dont care about the game getting prettier, it doesnt need to be. it just needs to be more fluent and easier to actualyl do stuff in. I cant even count the times I've been killed solely because of things not workiing as they should or my character not responding to commands be it not taking out weapons, not reloading, not moving, not laying down, not stopping an animation etc etc. Once this is resolved the game will be infinitely more enjoyable. And any other game that raises the fps from 18 to 30 would most likely get a standing ovation but with Dayz nothing seems to be enough.

Really is no need for the bitter response my friend. I do read the status reports but I don't memorize every single one. Also, I never suggested they needed to do the texturing next, I was just suggesting "is it on the cards?" Doesn't really matter when, but is it on the list of "things to do?"

Thanks for the reply though.

Edited by Ben_uk

On 25/03/2016 at 4:47 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I meant no offence, I like the talks you give. Perhaps I could have chosen my words more carefully.

On 25/03/2016 at 10:52 PM, GaryWalnuts said:

The colors at night looked great, to me that's a major upgrade in an of itself.

Also of note, in the map that shows the FPS trouble spots ... way out in the far northwest there seems to be a lot going on.

I think that's where the new military base is going. Could have something to do with that. It is an internal build, after all, so they might have put some stuff up there. Certainly warrants exploration when .60 hits.

Edited by BeefBacon

Man. Next to vehicle introduction, the new renderer has been pretty much the most anticipated update to the SA. And now that we're finally getting close, a significant portion of the regular posters on this forum can't move past "Psh, yeah, but what else are you doing?"

I am rapidly losing faith in the vocal portion of this community.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

I am rapidly losing faith in the vocal portion of this community.

HA! Amen brother!

I typically don't post regarding updates, but I decided to poke my head in to agree with you on this one. Pretty much since the game came out it was just "Renderer? FPS? Optimization?" People havent even experienced the new patch yet and they are asking for more. If they read the status reports they can see exactly what has been completed, what is being worked on and what is up next. Personally, I dont think there is much of the impatient, greedy type in THIS thread specifically but the general discussions I have heard and read recently makes me wonder if they'll ever be happy.

Hell, if people took the energy they use to complain and put 1/10th of it into actually reporting bugs, the Devs would be able to identify and fix problems at a much faster rate.

The new rendering system looks amazing and the FPS gain is a gamechanger. I know it will be buggy on the first iteration but one thing I am curious to see is whether or not players will still "glow" from a distance. I cant tell you how many people I've seen and killed/avoided because there hands and face were shining bright in the trees from 500+m away. In the video, it was encouraging to see that the window frame on that one apartment in electro wasn't shining in dx11 like it was in dx9. Hopefully that trend continues! Cant wait for the new patch!

I wonder if they are going to force those post processing effects when you get hurt (blurred vision and such). I have a feeling they don't really want people shutting that off like you can now.

On 3/26/2016 at 11:47 AM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Lets keep the topic about DayZ, and not trying to "read between the lines" on the tone of my voice.
Its just plain silly.

"enfusiastic"

Enfusion.

ENFUSIon.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:59 PM, sneakydude said:

if your getting 5fps then you need to fix something with your computer. Either upgrade it or look at getting some computer assistance from someone who knows how to tweak your system.

Theres nothing to tweak. I have an AMD Anthelon II 645 x4. Apparently, it's not very good with DayZ. I'm in the process of building a completely new computer right now. But for the next few months, I'm stuck with what I got. I can get 60fps in basically any other game though. Only Arma and DayZ is low.

it is probably posted somewhere but i cannot find it. What are the specs and settings of the video like i have no idea if this is them on a 3000 dollar pc with everything on ultra or what?

4 hours ago, zachmains said:

it is probably posted somewhere but i cannot find it. What are the specs and settings of the video like i have no idea if this is them on a 3000 dollar pc with everything on ultra or what?

They say what in game settings they are using during the video iirc.

On 4/18/2016 at 8:17 PM, WilliamTheConqueror said:

Theres nothing to tweak. I have an AMD Anthelon II 645 x4. Apparently, it's not very good with DayZ. I'm in the process of building a completely new computer right now. But for the next few months, I'm stuck with what I got. I can get 60fps in basically any other game though. Only Arma and DayZ is low.

Know why? its cpu heavy.

I know exactly where you are coming from. Seen it too many times on different games. Have you tried ARK? just curious, or Squad?

AMD's dont work well on UE4 atm. Not sure if its fixed, as i haven't been able to return to these forums in a while.

i5 or better, usually is a win win. top 10 video cards gets you a win win every time too. 16gb min btw.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2016 at 2:05 PM, sneakydude said:

Know why? its cpu heavy.

I know exactly where you are coming from. Seen it too many times on different games. Have you tried ARK? just curious, or Squad?

AMD's dont work well on UE4 atm. Not sure if its fixed, as i haven't been able to return to these forums in a while.

i5 or better, usually is a win win. top 10 video cards gets you a win win every time too. 16gb min btw.

I completely understand that the game is CPU heavy. That is why I am in the process of building a new computer (which will use the same GPU as the one in my current pc)

Going Intel this time. And for other CPU heavy games, I also play Cities: Skylines, and of course, the prime examples, Arma.

I believe that night time will be fun to play with the renderer in 0.60 - and we will see less only day dayz servers which is great in my opinion.

The performance comparison is very noticeable, because the legacy version is severely outdated with top quality pc graphic cards, but I still think u will need a powerful pc to run

it at high fps performance, and it depends what kind of monitor u are using like for example 4k. And playing night time with 0.59 is just annoying, because it get pitch black/grey.

And the dayz Standalone will more likely be better optimized when they are closer to PS4 release.

Edited by ori42