Sign in to follow this  
rafap

Public servers killing dayZ!

present DayZ players are those who in the ♥♥♥ to interact with the environment in DayZ.
And a lot of them playing on public servers for selecting an empty server, where there are no people to immediately go to military bases to gather itself within 20 minutes all the best equipment.
And then go to a full public server, and only shoot hiding in buildings to DayZ currently serves on the public servers.
Much better to play on private servers where people spend more time to explore the world. because if you die you lose everything and there is no possibility to enter another private server where no people pick up all the best
and go back to the server where they were killed with full equipment what you get on another private server.
Public servers are killing this game!
Therefore, for the traveler like me, this game gets boring, empty areas of the same-looking buildings, no danger in small towns or forests.

SO for that people world is good! but for me not i like check all buildings in DayZ and what? all looking the same! cant open shelves and etc! is that killing my happy in game!

That is why I am not surprised that people do not complain about most on Dayz because they play only for shooting and spending 10 hours in one place are not interested in checking the world

As the infected, horticulture, crafting, basebuilding, and hunting for example gets more fleshed out, there'll be more for players to concentrate outside of hunting loot and then hunting players. Aside from that, once server files are released, there'll be a change in how servers are distributed across official GSPs and "personal" servers.

• Like 5

Wait, so first you complain that people just shoot everybody, then you say that you're bored because of no danger....I don't understand you. Also, the buildings will eventually get changed, and zombies will increase in numbers eventually.

On 3/2/2016 at 6:42 AM, SMoss said:

As the infected, horticulture, crafting, basebuilding, and hunting for example gets more fleshed out, there'll be more for players to concentrate outside of hunting loot and then hunting players. Aside from that, once server files are released, there'll be a change in how servers are distributed across official GSPs and "personal" servers.

On 3/2/2016 at 6:52 AM, DJ SGTHornet said:

Wait, so first you complain that people just shoot everybody, then you say that you're bored because of no danger....I don't understand you. Also, the buildings will eventually get changed, and zombies will increase in numbers eventually.

Been hearing this same argument for near 2 years, still not even close to implementation. Much yet fully fleshed out fun base building and zombie hordes. Imagine a horde of glitchy clipping zombies running your way, you get magically hit from beneath the surface. That's what you can expect a year from now. 

• Like 1

rafap or... you could simply play on a private server. I agree with the title tho.

Private 1st person is the way this game is meant to be experienced, imo. Public is just a way to make it easy for everyone to turn the game into caostal DM. Private is map-wide DM at least, but there is also lots of RP'ing on plenty of privates I have been to.

10 minutes ago, Aimlessone said:

Been hearing this same argument for near 2 years, still not even close to implementation. Much yet fully fleshed out fun base building and zombie hordes. Imagine a horde of glitchy clipping zombies running your way, you get magically hit from beneath the surface. That's what you can expect a year from now. 

That's because games take a long time to make. There not as easy as going on notepad, and typing MAKE GAME, and then saving it. lol I highly suggest you stay away from early access games til they come out, because obviously your patience is as horrible as all the others people who say the same thing.

Sure they do, but at this rate DayZ will be a 10 year development and not even that good of a release. Fallout 4 took 5 years to develop on multiple consoles, DayZ is entering its what, fourth year now? And It's not even close to out of pre-alpha on a single gaming platform. 

If you begin to argue that Bethseda is a better company then you'll begin to prove my point. 

1 hour ago, Aimlessone said:

Sure they do, but at this rate DayZ will be a 10 year development and not even that good of a release. Fallout 4 took 5 years to develop on multiple consoles, DayZ is entering its what, fourth year now? And It's not even close to out of pre-alpha on a single gaming platform. 

If you begin to argue that Bethseda is a better company then you'll begin to prove my point. 

I get it that you're frustrated of waiting during development, but there's no need to deliberately trying to stretch and exaggerate your "arguments" and "timeline facts" in order to get your point across. Please play nice. Regardless of the timelines for other projects outside of BI, then yes, we're still in alpha (not pre-alpha), and as has been mentioned many times over, there are still some years worth of development yet to go. 

There's only 2 hives for the public and there are hundreds of servers too much. Until that is fixed I don't see much change in this.

Rent a public server or just go in some low population server-> Keep it as your "home server" where you keep your camp and items with your mates. -> Get equipped and go to another server -> Maybe die at some point -> Go back to the home server and get fully equipped in no time -> Repeat.

Public needs multiple hives. Public hive won't ever work as it's now. Everyone can rent a public server in the hive is also an issue. Public should be BIS only and their chosen partners or people they can trust. Basically it should be limited amount of servers. I can understand it's now easier for the devs to collect the data this way when they're all connected to those couple of hives. So something needs to be done in the future in my opinion.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 2

Just now, St. Jimmy said:

I can understand it's now easier for the devs to collect the data this way when they're all connected to those couple of hives. So something needs to be done in the future in my opinion.

Sorry. It's destined to stay EXACTLY the way it is right now... Nothing is going to change- that's what Alpha means: To remain exactly the same way until it is released. 

15 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

There's only 2 hives for the public and there are hundreds of servers too much. Until that is fixed I don't see much change in this.

Rent a public server or just go in some low population server-> Keep it as your "home server" where you keep your camp and items with your mates. -> Get equipped and go to another server -> Maybe die at some point -> Go back to the home server and get fully equipped in no time -> Repeat.

Public needs multiple hives. Public hive won't ever work as it's now. Everyone can rent a public server in the hive is also an issue. Public should be BIS only and their chosen partners or people they can trust. Basically it should be limited amount of servers. I can understand it's now easier for the devs to collect the data this way when they're all connected to those couple of hives. So something needs to be done in the future in my opinion.

Around the time when the server files are released for example there'll be changes to the setup of official/public/private/mod servers.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

rafap or... you could simply play on a private server. I agree with the title tho.

Private 1st person is the way this game is meant to be experienced, imo. Public is just a way to make it easy for everyone to turn the game into caostal DM. Private is map-wide DM at least, but there is also lots of RP'ing on plenty of privates I have been to.

You need to look past the current state of the game.

You, I, and everyone else are playing the mod with better graphics and less infected right now.

Not standalone DayZ.

You haven't played the SA, I haven't played the SA, Byron Hix hasn't played the SA.

This is something most of you cannot grasp.

I wish you all many deaths unrelated to gun fire in the future.

• Like 3

Well you don't exactly see me complaining about the status of the game as a whole. I humbly accept my fate as an ALPHER playtester.

Try to give the likes of Nocturas an understanding of this concept.

• Like 1

<<the way this game is meant to be experienced>>

BI sells DayZ with the public hive included as part of the package.
You can buy DayZ and play it on line without having to join any private server, without any other conditions. The public hive comes with the game.
That's the deal.

Edited by pilgrim *
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You need to look past the current state of the game.

You, I, and everyone else are playing the mod with better graphics and less infected right now.

Not standalone DayZ.

You haven't played the SA, I haven't played the SA, Byron Hix hasn't played the SA.

This is something most of you cannot grasp.

I wish you all many deaths unrelated to gun fire in the future.

Sooo much this. Sometime people don't realize the current state of the game is far from final product. So many things are placeholders for now. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2016 at 5:10 PM, SMoss said:

I get it that you're frustrated of waiting during development, but there's no need to deliberately trying to stretch and exaggerate your "arguments" and "timeline facts" in order to get your point across. Please play nice. Regardless of the timelines for other projects outside of BI, then yes, we're still in alpha (not pre-alpha), and as has been mentioned many times over, there are still some years worth of development yet to go. 

Way to go! you aggroed a DEV!

On 3/3/2016 at 5:28 PM, SMoss said:

Around the time when the server files are released for example there'll be changes to the setup of official/public/private/mod servers.

Thanks Smoss for that reply.

Simple question, about that though. WIll those changes involve the GSP, and the server files? Such as public @ Dayz only? and the rest be private?

On 02/03/2016 at 0:33 PM, rafap said:

present DayZ players are those who in the ♥♥♥ to interact with the environment in DayZ.
And a lot of them playing on public servers for selecting an empty server, where there are no people to immediately go to military bases to gather itself within 20 minutes all the best equipment.
And then go to a full public server, and only shoot hiding in buildings to DayZ currently serves on the public servers.
Much better to play on private servers where people spend more time to explore the world. because if you die you lose everything and there is no possibility to enter another private server where no people pick up all the best
and go back to the server where they were killed with full equipment what you get on another private server.
Therefore, for the traveler like me, this game gets boring, empty areas of the same-looking buildings, no danger in small towns or forests.

SO for that people world is good! but for me not i like check all buildings in DayZ and what? all looking the same! cant open shelves and etc! is that killing my happy in game!

That is why I am not surprised that people do not complain about most on Dayz because they play only for shooting and spending 10 hours in one place are not interested in checking the world

Is it? Is it really that what's killing the game? Or is it that people are joining low pop servers to gear up without the fear of being shot by the first player they bump into while running from building to building, due to everyone else being there only to PvP and kill everything that moves.

Some of us are trying. Some of us actually care enough about the game to pay for a server out of our own pockets, to try and persuade and encourage people to play on a public server in the way they want to. We've set up multiple avenues to monitor the server, Gametrackers, DaRT, Steam, etc. And in over two months, we don't get one single response from any player at all. Ok, 1PP isn't everyones cup of tea, but it makes you wonder what the point of it all is when you TRY to do it by the rules, to make a PLAYERS server, not a private loot factory for some teenage keyboard warrior, and NO ONE can even be bothered to make a post in the server thread. Not a single "Great, will try it out" or "Ok, sounds cool, but...". Presumably, they are all too busy moaning about the game and the developers to actually support it by playing on a public server where the stated objective is to drive cliques, biased admin, cheaters and 5 minute loot up merchants OFF the server.

Far from "killing" the game, on an honest public server, cheating and duping notwithstanding, in theory everyone is equal. A clan "sponsored" by the server owner can't make the rules as to who plays and who doesn't. Moreover, it is actually the "private" servers, where everyone has to think and play the same or they don't get in, which are compartment-lising the game into different strands. Eg - "Northern PvP" "Role play only" "No KoS" etc. Once you make the whitelist to join, you play a narrow version of the game with other like minded individuals. Fine, but how it that any less "killing" the game than by welcoming everyone regardless of playstyle and trying to ensure there is a level playing field for EVERYONE.

• Like 1

On 2.3.2016 at 1:33 PM, rafap said:

Different argument. Not everyone has days of spare time at hand to search for equipment just to be killed by someone he doesn't even see. So some people might just look for the quick gear and action stuff. Since there is no survival element in the game, I have actually come to do so myself lately. I want to have some fun, but can't sink hour after hour into the game. I cannot play survival, so what option do you have?

That said, on private hive, as soon as an update comes out, clans hunt for the vehicles. If you only find time on the fourth day after a new update, forget about vehicles and some other quality stuff. So yeah, I do understand your point, if time is not an issue. If time is precious, private servers can be bothersome.

2 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Different argument. Not everyone has days of spare time at hand to search for equipment just to be killed by someone he doesn't even see. So some people might just look for the quick gear and action stuff. Since there is no survival element in the game, I have actually come to do so myself lately. I want to have some fun, but can't sink hour after hour into the game. I cannot play survival, so what option do you have?

That said, on private hive, as soon as an update comes out, clans hunt for the vehicles. If you only find time on the fourth day after a new update, forget about vehicles and some other quality stuff. So yeah, I do understand your point, if time is not an issue. If time is precious, private servers can be bothersome.

But is not point what you say.Public server are not for Survival game. Yes what you say about Private is nice mean Survival you must be careful what you doing because when you will be dead on private server you start fresh. In Public when you dead you start fresh also, but you take empty public server where nobody there collected all weapons you want and in 30 minutes game you have everything. And you go out from empty public and log on on full public and you have the same equipment what you have on empty public. Is that Survival? NOOOOOOO. That what i like in Private when you have your equipment on private server no 1 and you connected to private server no 2 if you never play on this server your character start fresh. Is most different on public. You are on empty public server no 1 and collected all the best equipment because everywhere is empty, and you log on to full public server no 2 your equipment what you get on empty server is transfer to full public server what i hate!

9 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Different argument. Not everyone has days of spare time at hand to search for equipment just to be killed by someone he doesn't even see. So some people might just look for the quick gear and action stuff. Since there is no survival element in the game, I have actually come to do so myself lately. I want to have some fun, but can't sink hour after hour into the game. I cannot play survival, so what option do you have? ..//..

Nocuturas, no one is forcing you to play this game.

When you say "what option do you have " - are you being deliberately stupid?

The option is - go play some other game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rafap said:

But is not point what you say.Public server are not for Survival game. Yes what you say about Private is nice mean Survival you must be careful what you doing because when you will be dead on private server you start fresh.

Point is, it should not only be a PvP shooter, CoD or Battlefield are handling this better. Food shortage, medical trouble, zombie attacks, wild animals PLUS players .... that's the stuff survival is made of. Not just waiting, if someone is lying in the next house waiting to snipe you. If that's all the game is about, the map is too huge, the medical system redundant, the zombies pointless and the game basically a mistake. If it ever becomes a survival game, private sheds will have their merits for me as well.

Right now, this is no survival game, when weapons are more abundant than food and readily canned food is available in supermarket quantities.

1 minute ago, pilgrim * said:

Nocuturas, no one is forcing you to play this game.

When you say "what option do you have " - are you being deliberately stupid?

The option is - go play some other game.

Why should I, if I still can get some fun out of this game in its present form? Because you say so? Well ... okay, since you're the super cool internet guy, okay.

19 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Why should I, if I still can get some fun out of this game in its present form? Because you say so? Well ... okay, since you're the super cool internet guy, okay.

Yes sure - I guess you can mess around and do anything yo like in DayZ - there is no LAW says you have to take it seriously.
You say yourself the game is "basically a mistake" and you don't have any respect for it.
You paid for it, so do what you like

Edited by pilgrim *
  • Like 1