Sign in to follow this  
rafap

Public servers killing dayZ!

1 hour ago, pilgrim * said:

Yes sure - I guess you can mess around and do anything yo like in DayZ - there is no LAW says you have to take it seriously.
You say yourself the game is "basically a mistake" and you don't have any respect for it.

Nope, the current narrow focus on gun related stuff is a mistake in my book. The game itself would have great potential, if survival elements were developed with the same itensity as weapon sounds, weapon sway, gun attachment, gun damage system, shooting from vehicles ... and so on. For the time being, yes, the game is broken for me ... so I look what I can get from the game in the meantime. I am by no means a fan of PvP, but I cannot play survival at the moment, since the game lacks these elements.

And yes, of course I paid for it ... actually bought my brother a copy too, so in fact I paid twice even - but that's not the actual point. And yes, it's fine if you think the direction the game is heading is good. I do respect different opinions, but and I don't expect you to think the way I do. I just do expect you to take it as my opinion and that's about it.

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

..//..

Yes that's what I said Noctoras
For you the game is broken, but you paid for it, you have it on your list and you jive around with it
You don't want to find a better game to occupy you, or maybe you can't find one  - so you do what you like in DayZ
There's no law says you can't do that.

It's true surviving is "time consuming" - If you don't have the time, you just can't play that way.
So play how you like, right?

I hope a better game turns up soon for ya. As long as you have fun, that's what counts.
DayZ aint a religion.

On topic - I'm sorry public servers are causing problems with your game appreciation.

:)

On 3/2/2016 at 1:42 PM, SMoss said:

As the infected, horticulture, crafting, basebuilding, and hunting for example gets more fleshed out, there'll be more for players to concentrate outside of hunting loot and then hunting players. 

This was supose to be done in first place! Whats the point of running on beatufully rendered empty map?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

This was supose to be done in first place! Whats the point of running on beatufully rendered empty map?

None. But who cares, there will soon be another gun. Who needs game content.

• Like 1

Calm it down. Pilgrim, Noctoras etc.

Dont make me point my naughty stick at you.

L

Edited by OrLoK

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

L

Oh OrLok

bill-you-naughty_o_1240575.webp

On 12/03/2016 at 0:18 PM, Noctoras said:

Nope, the current narrow focus on gun related stuff is a mistake in my book. The game itself would have great potential, if survival elements were developed with the same itensity as weapon sounds, weapon sway, gun attachment, gun damage system, shooting from vehicles ... and so on. For the time being, yes, the game is broken for me ... so I look what I can get from the game in the meantime. I am by no means a fan of PvP, but I cannot play survival at the moment, since the game lacks these elements.

And yes, of course I paid for it ... actually bought my brother a copy too, so in fact I paid twice even - but that's not the actual point. And yes, it's fine if you think the direction the game is heading is good. I do respect different opinions, but and I don't expect you to think the way I do. I just do expect you to take it as my opinion and that's about it.

I wouldn't exactly say there's a narrow focus on guns:

New user actions framework in Enforce Script has been completed and while all actions are being rewritten into it they rely on a connection to the new player and new animation system, we have also looked at crafting processes currently used in game and usage of activities available in DayZ such as preparing fireplace and cooking, creating electricity system, construction of non portable structures, vehicle maintenance, growing crops, placement of objects, weapons handling, interacting with objects in world, doors barricading and others.

With such wide spectrum of different activities which were continuously implemented through the development and honestly most of them ended in prototype, unfinished or experimental state is easy that their usage can become inconsistent especially when we were trying different approaches to it over time. Now during general rewrite of scripted game systems and mechanics to Enforce script and overall heading towards Beta release it's a great time to overhaul everything which makes sense to overhaul and can be reasonable achieved in tight timeframe. Our aim is to bring as much consistency as we can into very different behaviors to unify and simplify them thus they become much more clear and understandable to players. I'm very proud that vision of physicality, tangibility and strong visual feedback through the whole game and it's actions and activities is becoming the reality which is, to be honest, quite unique in games nowadays. For example you can look forward to reinforcing the rule of hands even in crafting which become really close to user actions, or stretching the functionality of quick slots beyond their usual behavior seen in games.

For greatestest experiences it's immersion that matters... See you in Chernarus folks!

- Peter Nespesny / Lead Designer

That there's a system in place which allows for a small risk involved in introducing a new gun in DayZ does not mean that focus has shifted towards that. As has been mentioned before; first priorities are not always first deliverables. Is DayZ in it's current state optimal for fans, me included, of ingame (pve) survival? No, we won't disagree on that, but I can guarantee you that pve survival elements have not been dropped on the floor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

L

I object to being called out for saying that DayZ is not a religion.

I have NO beef with Nocturas at all.
As I said.
"As long as you have fun, that's what counts."

Nocturas can totally play the game any way he wants to play.
Why would I object to the way he plays?
He explains how he plays, here in this thread.
He says :
"the map is too huge, the medical system redundant, the zombies pointless and the game basically a mistake"
 "I want to have some fun, but can't sink hour after hour into the game. I cannot play survival, so what option do you have?"

But he still enjoys DayZ. That's cool. It is his right to play how he likes.

On topic: This thread is called "Public servers killing dayZ" - I think that is a mistaken and shortsighted point of view.

- I hope you follow me on this OrLoK

I took DayZ "seriously" for a long time, but I haven't hardly played for a while. I play occasionally.
- Nocturas still plays, so his opinion might well be better than mine.

5 minutes ago, SMoss said:

That there's a system in place which allows for a small risk involved in introducing a new gun in DayZ does not mean that focus has shifted towards that. As has been mentioned before; first priorities are not always first deliverables. Is DayZ in it's current state optimal for fans, me included, of ingame (pve) survival? No, we won't disagree on that, but I can guarantee you that pve survival elements have not been dropped on the floor.

Thanks, that's great to hear - and B.I. comments like this are very much appreciated, I am definitely not just speaking for myself here.

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

L

I think we all tuned down like four days ago? ;)

and @pilgrim: I think Orlok refers to our previous posts from Saturday. Granted, not only you have probably pretty much forgotten about this little argument ;)

• Like 1

The OP prefers private servers. 

/thread

• Like 1

On 3/2/2016 at 2:58 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You need to look past the current state of the game.

You, I, and everyone else are playing the mod with better graphics and less infected right now.

Not standalone DayZ.

You haven't played the SA, I haven't played the SA, Byron Hix hasn't played the SA.

This is something most of you cannot grasp.

I wish you all many deaths unrelated to gun fire in the future.

Once again BioHaze displays his common sense and wisdom. I admit that I often use public servers and I don't have to hunt for a nearly empty 1st person server they are the norm now from what I can gather. I have my filter for 1st P set for between 3 and 30 and very seldom can I find a packed 1stP server these days.

Because of that I will join a server with a low player count to go zombie hunting which is a big part of the game for me. I like observing how infected operate and taking target practice on them with an eye towards getting a bunch of them to chase me and once I have a slobbering crew in tow I'll stop turn and engage a few move out and repeat the process until I have a good body count racked up and then move on to the next series. My goal in that game is to hone and speed up my DayZ shooting skills while remaining alert for the non shooting cunticles that haunt nearly empty servers looking for a cheap shot while they imagine themselves to be bad ass PVP studs.

I now know some of them by name now and if they have fired at me in the past I do hop servers looking for them. Yesterday I joined  public server with 6 players on. That count dropped to 3 in twenty minutes and then I recognized a clown that I know took a few pot shots at me a week earlier from two locations. Knowing that this clown likes to hang in the tree lines near the NW  AF and also at the opposite end of the field I checked out several tree lines as quietly as possible and was lucky enough to spot Mr Bad ass PvP punk hunkered down in the kneeling position and completely unaware of his surroundings and locked into tunnel vision mode. I gladly sent him to the coast immediately after I did a /(text insult  message here). I call it practice.  

Note: I may have to start playing 1st & 3rd person to enjoy packed servers again. But I do not interact with other players very often. I have had many experiences with poorly or even well equipped players that I helped out of a Jam that were getting stomped by zombies only to be attacked for my trouble when I have rescued them..the .357 Magnum is the perfect tool for those lazy fucks.     

Note: I actually don't like the PvP game much. I do like hunting, fishing, cooking, crafting, scavenging, farming and touring the map But above all else I like Zombie hunting and I will like it more the more formidable they become.

Note: I agree I like the game best in 1st person on private servers   

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2016 at 0:21 PM, Aimlessone said:

Sure they do, but at this rate DayZ will be a 10 year development and not even that good of a release. Fallout 4 took 5 years to develop on multiple consoles, DayZ is entering its what, fourth year now? And It's not even close to out of pre-alpha on a single gaming platform. 

If you begin to argue that Bethseda is a better company then you'll begin to prove my point. 

In my humble opinion Fallout 4 sucks balls. I bought it played it once all the way through and haven't desired to play that preachy linear piece of shit since. Perhaps when they release a hard corps mode where you can starve to death or get killed by a single shot and then get sent back to having nothing I might get interested again.   

Edited by Xbow

1 hour ago, Xbow said:

Once again BioHaze displays his common sense and wisdom. -snip-

Thanks man.

I also prefer 1PP though sometimes I'll follow people over to 3PP if I'm feeling particularly social.

As a fellow zombie hunter you must be as excited as I am to know that a dynamic infected spawn system is nearing release!

This alone should change A LOT about how we all play. I can't wait to try stealthily clearing a small town with a melee weapon so I can loot in peace, or fight my way off the coast with greyed vision, or finding larger concentrations of infected.... everywhere!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

As a fellow zombie hunter you must be as excited as I am to know that a dynamic infected spawn system is nearing release!

T I can't wait to try stealthily clearing a small town with a melee weapon so I can loot in peace, or fight my way off the coast with greyed vision, or finding larger concentrations of infected.... everywhere!

That sounds cool although I am shitty with an axe (maybe I should man up and get some practice at it..the worst that could happen is ending up on the beach)  . But for now I will have to (as I have been doing) clearing towns like Vybor , Grishino, Zelenogorsk, and the NW Airfield by standing off at around 200m-300m and glassing the area from a crouch half in and half out of a bush and popping walkers with the SKS +  Pu scope combination when they show themselves. In the current state (as you know) they will vector in on you and create a target rich environment. I just whacked all but one Zombie in Grishino (10 to 12) with the SKS and then checked out the police station and found a much needed box of .357 ammo. I heard a remaining Zed blubbering and hunted it down with the silenced Glock. Its great now that the silencer really seems to work as the other children of the grave do not alert on the noise unless you are really close. Sometimes I'll clear a town with the silenced Glock only and that forces me to use cover better be quiet keep a 360 alert make a kill and then walk away quietly to find another target. I have to say I love seeing a little herd of the slugs converging on me at a dead run and blasting them down. It is satisfying to see the streets and fields littered with Zombie corpses IMHO.

Well happy hunting bro.  

BONUS:   Hide and Creep (low budget but funny as hell)

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

The Wasteland defence force struck its first blow in the defence of public servers last night. Around the perimeter of NWAF, close in to the external wire fence in the eastern tree line, we found a tent packed with ammo and weapons including VSS. No one places a tent in such ridiculously close proximity to the airfield unless a) they "think" the server they are placing their tent on is low populated and it won't be discovered, or b) they are thick.

We didn't take the stuff, but whoever put it there is going to get a surprise when they go back. We will make it our business to look for any others. Our population is growing and we will make it as hard as possible for people to abuse our server. We are 1PP, we don't kick and we welcome all playstyles except cheats. Once again I would suggest that it isn't public servers killing dayz, its the players that abuse them.

Edited by Woody2

On 3/11/2016 at 6:18 AM, Noctoras said:

Well you're entitled to your opinion. However I love DayZ for what it really is (and what the forums try to claim it's not): An open world irregular PVP game. You have a huge map, hundreds of clothing items, a large array of weapons, and really you have no idea where people will be. You do have hotspots, but even then you get those oh shit moments where you're in some small village, you're looking for food and you hear footsteps in a house right next to you, and stealing stuff from a camp in the bumfuck of the map ends up in a total squad war because they're defending their nest and you're not giving it back without a fight. Frankly I like the PVP at weird places the most because most enemies don't improvise well. Go to Cherno and they'll have their routes they'll follow, forest outside of Pulkovo, they definitely didn't rehearse shit.

I had a lot of one liners thrown at me when I wasn't happy with the state of the game in the early .50s when the focus was on farming and other half-finished mechanics few people bother with and getting your hands on an AK was a fucking chore, never-mind a fucking M4. "Maybe DayZ isn't a game for you" (no you won't get a refund), and "wait for modding". So yeah, have that.

13 hours ago, nexdemise said:

Well you're entitled to your opinion. However I love DayZ for what it really is .

What is DayZ really? What you want it to be? Currently it just really IS an unfinished and in various aspect broken game. That's what it really is. Everything else is wishful thinking, no matter which side you're on.

You are of course also entitled to your opinion. Mine is that there is better dedicated shooters on the market - the real gap in the market was a realistic survival game back then, which includes elements of health, horticulture, PvP and much more. Many gaming magazines have since been bashing DayZ for its focus of development and for the slow pace - so it is not just "the forums", but these are of course easier to flame against.

That said, one liners isn't my standard and as it is, we have different opinions. That's fine and good in my book.

I simply point is to introduce a system for the public servers that seized equipment is not transferred to another public server, I look forward to eventually reduce the number of weapons in the game and will insert the larger hordes of zombies. Because someone does not know that this game was announced as a game A survival in a world of zombies. In each game previews and game description says Survival in a world of zombies. For now I see the game whereby the who's who shoot faster because Zombie that are hopelessly stupid and attack singly are not any threat.I would like to see such situations as the DayZ mod for arma II where sometimes a player was able to attack in a city of zombies at once 20-30.There would then be a hopeless move on before more playing time in one place as zombies to attack in large groups. I need to reduce the weapons in military bases in houses and in general encourage people to travel all over the map. I have not played in DayZ 2 weeks did break started the game after 2 weeks, I played 20 minutes and turned off again because all the same typical action game where only shoots people continue DayZ far Survival I hope that the update 0.60 will change something in this regard.